Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Opinions Please

This kid "SmashMouth" or w.e keeps insisting Patriots will/should draft Leonard because he can be our featured back and be a starter that we need. Heres what hes saying

-Leonard is as fast and quick as Maroney
-Leonard is bigger and stronger than Maroney
-Says Maroney is not a featured back and we need someone who can start

Can someone please help me get it through his head that Maroney faster and quicker on the field than Leonard and that Maroney will be fine as a featured back.

Need some opinions please. Thanks
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

nah nah leonard will be fine in his own right but i mean come on maurony(seriouslly had a brain fart and cant rememeber how to spell his name) is gonan be a beast next year...and as the feature back take the order for atleast 1200 yards and 9 tds now

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leonard lacks the lateral movement and hip fluidity to be a feature back. He's too stiff out there.

I like Leonard. He's from Jersey. I support my Jersey boys. But he has too many youknowwhat riders. He's a player without a position, who will probably fit best as an HBack in the 2 TE offense. I don't like him as a fulltime RB.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. How moronic. I see Maroney as being one of the next great RB's. He should establish himself as one of the best in the game in the next few years, IMO. Even if you don't agree with that, it's ludicrous to say he isn't a feature back.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like Leonard. He's from Jersey. I support my Jersey boys. But he has too many youknowwhat riders. He's a player without a position, who will probably fit best as an HBack in the 2 TE offense. I don't like him as a fulltime RB.
He reminds me of a more athletic Cooley which isn't a bad thing at all.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO the Pats should still take him, but no way will he replace Maroney.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Leonard isn't a first rounder. Anyone who uses a first rounder on him will regret it.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats should take him, Maroney and Leonard would be the most beastly pair ever.

As would Cadillac/Leonard.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

thanks guys. hope he reads this

he kept saying "Leonard is faster and quicker than Maroney..he got a better 3 cone than Lynch and Peterson etc etc"

pissed me off and hes impossible to push off the "Leonard as a featured back and better than Maroney" wagon
Old 03-18-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Maroney can be a featured back for sure in the NFL he could have last year if they didn't have CD.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
IMO Maroney can be a featured back for sure in the NFL he could have last year if they didn't have CD.
oh thanks for reminding me

he stated: Maroney is not a feature back..he couldnt start over Dillon last year.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dillon all ready new the O and was making a lot of money and we all know CD is not the best locker room guy it would have been bad for the team if they would have sat him he would of threw a fit. That being said even not starting LM out played CD Dillion was not starting next year even if he stayed with NE the job was going to go to LM and still will.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Leonard lacks the lateral movement and hip fluidity to be a feature back. He's too stiff out there.

Thats what people said about Brandon Jacobs when he came into the NFL.

Go figure.

I still stand by my statement that the kid can be a tailback in the NFL but with that said, he is not better than Maroney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Thats what people said about Brandon Jacobs when he came into the NFL.

Go figure.

I still stand by my statement that the kid can be a tailback in the NFL but with that said, he is not better than Maroney.
well Jacobs has this year to show something..he'll get a good bulk of carry if not most of it.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm not sold on Brandon Jacobs.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So he likes Leonard, even better than maroney...seriously what harm is this causing and why do you care what he thinks ?
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
So he likes Leonard, even better than maroney...seriously what harm is this causing and why do you care what he thinks ?
i could care less if he likes Leonard. thats not my problem

kid is being stupid saying Leonard is faster, quicker and stronger than Maroney and says Maroney is not a featured back and Leonard should be drafted to be the starter in New England.

if you dont have anything good to say dont say nothing Severe.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There are millions of stupid posts from stupid people you can find online at any given time....just don't give yourself a stroke caring about them.
That's all I'm sayin
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell him he's wrong. Leonard is a threat out of the backfield but Maroney is a back that can take the load and be a very successful back in the NFL. He played unbelieveable at Minnesota and that will translate right to the NFL once he becomes the full time starter and that time is now.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
One of the greatest aspects of sports is the arguments. They're arguing about his favorite team. Me and my brother had fist fights over things like whether or not his 9ers intentionally allowed Candlestick to become muddy for the '94 NFC Championship against my Cowboys. It's what memories are made of.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Leonard is not NFL starting tailback material. He can be a West Coast FB/H-back, but at RB his potential is limited to that of a Nick Goings.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maroney will be a great back but I like the choice of Leonard for many reasons.

#1 You need depth in the nfl. Maroney didn't make it through last year in one
piece and few do. This team likes a healty back on the field and often
chose to keep Dillon on the bench with minor dings. You gotta practice
all week to play for Bill.

#2 Maroney will be great but I still think you need to push him. Sophmore
jinx is not a well known phenomena because someone made it up. I saw
a different back after he came back from the 2 game injury hiatus. He
was tentative hitting holes and the 3rd gear was not as evident. Having
a 2nd option is a good thing. Sammy Morris is depth, k Faulk is 3rd down
back, Evans is a cult hero / special teams guy.
#3 The Patriots are a diverse offense that morphs weekly. What Maroney
does one week, Leonard will do differently the next. Their skill sets
are complimentary.
#4 I like leonard's makeup. I think he would have no problem being the 2nd
guy and would respond to Bill telling him to bust his butt for playing
time. The push would keep LM working hard. I think he needs to be
challenged.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maroney and vet back up will do the Pats just fine

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
Maroney and vet back up will do the Pats just fine
which is Sammy Morris who he says cant start incase an emergy and same with Faulk

although both have started in past and Morris did better than Brown last year filling in :\
Old 03-18-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Maroney alot but I do think some of his success came from the fact that they had Dillon. I think getting a guy like Leonard that can also be a weapon in the passing and running game from FB would be a great move for the Pats. They really don't have any glaring needs after signing talents at LB and WR and signing back Samual. I think adding Leonard would add another dimension to their offense and give Brady yet another weapon to use.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote