Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good call by the Front Office on not adding anything at WR too. Honestly, fan-*******-tastic job. I ******* love it when Eric Weems has the 2nd most catches on the day, and you have to target Roddy White 20 ******* times. I'm sure the Steelers didn't pick up on that or anything.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

End of game report. Sean Weatherspoon is legit. The guy was a beast out there, particularly on our first drive when it seemed like he made every play. Lofton is still a machine. Once he touches you, you are going down. DeCoud may be the most underrated safety in the league, makes great plays on the ball and is a sure tackler. Was really impressed that on several occasions that Bierrman and Abraham were able to create pressure on a 3-man rush. Dunta Robinson looked good other than the one play where Hines Ward made the catch, and Dunta allowed him to get up when he could have easily touched Ward.

On offense, our linemen really need to improve. Outside of Roddy White (who is a top 5 receiver no doubt), and Tony Gonzalez, we pretty much have zero receiving threats. Brian Finneran was useless out there, Harry Douglas was pretty good but he's just a slot guy, we need a bonafide number 2. I thought for the most part all day Matt Ryan was making great decisions, although that pick really hurt us. We should have gone for a double move to Roddy White, he kept running that same route and of course they would eventually jump it, if that play where Polamalu picked it off was a pump fake, White would have been gone.

Congrats to the Steelers, their offense sucks major balls, but their D is legit. We shouldn't have trouble with the Cardinals next week as long as we hold Larry Fitzgerald to pedestrian stats.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we have anything to expect this year. Maybe another 9-7 or worse.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I don't think we have anything to expect this year. Maybe another 9-7 or worse.
Meh, I disagree. If you mean expect a super bowl, I don't think so either. I still do expect a 10-6/11-5 season and most likely an early playoff exit. We have a good young team.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It all depends on Matt. Reflecting back on it, I'm pretty happy with our defense, regardless of who was playing QB. It was nice to see some blitzes dialed up. However, I can't express how disappointed I am in the offense. It's the same ****. Oh Turner's slim and back to normal, Matt studied all the greats and is ready to take the next step. ********. They both looked atrocious.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
It all depends on Matt. Reflecting back on it, I'm pretty happy with our defense, regardless of who was playing QB. It was nice to see some blitzes dialed up. However, I can't express how disappointed I am in the offense. It's the same ****. Oh Turner's slim and back to normal, Matt studied all the greats and is ready to take the next step. ********. They both looked atrocious.
I actually thought Matt looked good for the most part. He looked to Roddy White probably a little too much, but honestly who else was he supposed to throw to. We definitely need to look into drafting a receiver come the offseason. Ryan had 2 maybe 3 throws today where I was like what the hell was he thinking. Turner on the other hand looked awful, I know the Steelers defense is badass but you have to do better than that for the Falcons to be successful.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Most of his throws early on were ****** and that pass that got picked was a complete and utter embarassment. And I'm not sure if it's him not seeing everyone, receivers not being open, Mularkey, Steelers D, whatever, but zero touchdowns and one INT is completely unacceptable along with our inability to even get the ball into the redzone.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game today, you guys are a good team.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Great game today, you guys are a good team.
i can't help but take this as a sarcastic statement. in which case, **** you.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
the defense was garbage. i see very little, if any, difference from last year. the pass rush is weak. while i got annoyed as hell that we sat back on third downs and dropped 8 back to cover, i don't wanna imagine what would've happened if we were more aggressive since the few times we did blitz, there was so little penetration.

and the offense was pathetic. i can't believe the commentators still found stuff to praise about matty ice. he threw the same throws all day and there was one series in the second half where he threw the ball away on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs. yet he was still praised for being smart and aware. ********. make some goddamn plays and have some goddamn zip in your throw you piece of ****. my patience for his development into an elite qb is growing thin.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i can't help but take this as a sarcastic statement. in which case, **** you.
No sarcasm intended.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matty Ice is kind of what Matt Leinart would be if he had the intangibles.

His arm just doesn't look to be there. Looked much stronger as a rookie. Needs to pack on some weight.

I don't think he will hold the team back, but he's not going to put it on his back either. Need to surround him with playmakers.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No sarcasm intended.
idk what you saw but it was an ugly game. still, dixon managed the game and the steelers defense was solid so much credit to your team.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense was not tested today at all. Remember they did give up that 50 yard run to Mendenhall. Steelers had some dropped balls and Dixon made some really pathetic throws right to our guys. I was a bit impressed with the run game, but should have been much better. A lot of missed tackled in the back field. 0 yard gains turned into 3-4 yards. The safeties did the best job they could in coming up and stopping the run.

On a side note, my brother was buying a car today right after the game. It had the falcons logo front plate. My brother bought it and asked the guy if he wanted the plate. The guy was like dude are you kidding? Have you seen them play today? I don't want that **** anymore, LOL.

I think I might put it on my car.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 09-12-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:04 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

The defense was fast and physical. The DL played very well, and we saw a lot more blitzing than usual. Some looks that we had were a little disappointing, but overall, I was happy, regardless of who was playing. Yes, that 50 yard run to end the game was pathetic, but that is more on Koenen for his horrendous punt. And the only time Dennis really did anything on us was based on broken plays, which is going to happen when you have an athlete like him at QB.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:49 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People need to quit blaming the defense and start to put some blame on the offense. It was flat in the preseason and below expections last year. This offseason nothing has been done to improve and Matt Ryan hasnt improved since his rookie year. He still forces to many passes to White and Gonzo.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

No one is laying off the offense. The whole team played bad. Sure defense didn't give up a TD until overtime but those 3 FGs will turn into TDs against a better team.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-13-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Bos, you have to wear a Steeler avy. Make it Mendenhall scoring the winning TD. :)
Old 09-13-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Bos, you have to wear a Steeler avy. Make it Mendenhall scoring the winning TD. :)
can you set that up? BTW I shouldn't have done this, I already knew my fate.

I'm 0-7 in sig/avi bets.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-13-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
People need to quit blaming the defense and start to put some blame on the offense. It was flat in the preseason and below expections last year. This offseason nothing has been done to improve and Matt Ryan hasnt improved since his rookie year. He still forces to many passes to White and Gonzo.

Wait, what?

Our problems and why we lost was simple: the running game. If Turner is bottled up, if the O-Line doesn't open holes, then we will struggle against good defenses. Our offense was stuck because of that. The only thing that was available was the quick passing game with Gonzalez and White. You can't attack down the field if your running game isn't keeping them honest.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Ryan look? The fantasy numbers weren't very good. He's my starting qb so I need him to step up.

It was the Steelers though, so I'm not panicking just yet.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People here blame him. I thought he played solid. He took what the defense gave him and the Steelers defense took away the run game and deep ball. The only bad play I thought was the Polamalu pick, but Troy tends to make those against everybody.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How did Ryan look? The fantasy numbers weren't very good. He's my starting qb so I need him to step up.

Below average. My biggest concern with him is we seem to love a lot of out routes and Ryan doesn't have enough zip on his ball to consistently hit that route. We need to focus more on opening up the middle of the field.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Wait, what?

Our problems and why we lost was simple: the running game. If Turner is bottled up, if the O-Line doesn't open holes, then we will struggle against good defenses. Our offense was stuck because of that. The only thing that was available was the quick passing game with Gonzalez and White. You can't attack down the field if your running game isn't keeping them honest.
He forces to many passes to gonzo a few of the times he threw to him they was 3 guys around him. They had to be a better option

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Having no running game, and without a starting WR hurt so that should get better in the next few weeks. Still doesnt look like he has took the next step I would expect him to be a average fantasy QB.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I wish we gave a few more touches to norwood. It's easy to blame Turner but the O-line absolutely gave him nothing. Still he looked a bit slow and wasn't breaking tackles like we usually see him do.

Quote:
we all hate you