Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-13-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I can't remember the last time I actually watched Entourage. Smokejumpers?

Anyway, time for the superior set of fall HBO programming!
So excited for Boardwalk Empire!! I hope we get to see some pinup models titties.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
someone smack me for waiting so long to watch Breaking Bad.
The same for me and The Wire. Buying the complete series was the best ******* purchase ever.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, the story in Entourage was actually not terrible, but how they carried it out was god awful (except for Ari and Mrs. Ari).

Also, wtf 10 episode season? I mean, Entourage has been bad but at least they could fill a season. They must really be struggling.

And what are they going to do to write off Scott? He's supposed to be in the the new Hawaii 5-0. Is he going to do both now? I really thought they'd get him out in the finale.

Btw, ef all of you who mocked me when I said at the beginning of the season Vince had/would develope a drug problem because "one week of doing drugs doesn't lead to having a problem" or some bs.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks so so many of you talking about how bad True Blood was going to be, I expected the worst. frankly, half of it didn't shock me 'cause I read a few of the books, but it felt like half an episode because NOTHING WAS CONCLUDED.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch True Blood but it sounds exactly like the Sopranos after Season 4. Sometimes shows get too big for their own good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to give Terriers another shot since there is nothing else on that I want to watch.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think most people here hate Survivor but it's always been good to me. It has a little football theme with Jimmy Johnson as one of the contestants this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think most people here hate Survivor but it's always been good to me. It has a little football theme with Jimmy Johnson as one of the contestants this year.
I used to be a big fan but after awhile I just felt like "been there done that" it just got to be repetitive.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started watching Supernatural as my latest mega marathon show, and it's intriguingish although I'm waiting for it to become more serialized.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I started watching Supernatural as my latest mega marathon show, and it's intriguingish although I'm waiting for it to become more serialized.
This is a show I have always ment to start up but never have, I have been sucked in to a few repeats but never watched it from the start.

I'm in the middle of getting caught up on Friday Night Lights right now, I had forgot how epic of a show it is.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Are there any new shows that are supposed to be good on network TV that I need to check out? Dramas, comedies, whatever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are there any new shows that are supposed to be good on network TV that I need to check out? Dramas, comedies, whatever.
Children's Hospital on Comedy Central.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Children's Hospital on Comedy Central.
That's on Adult Swim.

Quote:
Lone Star and Boardwalk Empire.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-15-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
That's on Adult Swim.
whatever, I download them any way.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Of course I know about Boardwalk Empire Brodeur. I've been raving about on every page for the last month at least. Hell check out the first post on this page.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lone Star looks awful.

I'm interested in Undercovers (NBC, JJ Abrams) and The Event (NBC). Both look semi interesting. No Ordinary Family (ABC) looks kind of interesting as well, and I'm a Michael Chiklis fan.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Lone Star looks awful.

I'm interested in Undercovers (NBC, JJ Abrams) and The Event (NBC). Both look semi interesting. No Ordinary Family (ABC) looks kind of interesting as well, and I'm a Michael Chiklis fan.
Awful, are you serious? It looks damn good and is getting ridiculous reviews. Oh yeah, and The Event looks like crap and the actual event is crap.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-15-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Undercovers looks terrible to me. Abrams bothers me now for some reason. The Event I'm interested in and will check it out. It sounds like the writers have their stuff together.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
The Undercovers looks terrible to me. Abrams bothers me now for some reason.
Abrams has nothing to do with his shows after the first few episodes, ala Fringe and Lost.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-15-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Abrams has nothing to do with his shows after the first few episodes, ala Fringe and Lost.
That's not really the reason I'm not going to watch it was more of a general statement. The show just doesn't look interesting to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-15-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Awful, are you serious? It looks damn good and is getting ridiculous reviews. Oh yeah, and The Event looks like crap and the actual event is crap.
Are you kidding? Is this a joke? Am I being Punk'd? Where are you Ashton! Lone Star looks REALLY stupid. Just downright awful.

And I'm sorry you feel that way about The Event, but some of us are still interested in finding out what it is. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 09-15-2010 at 06:11 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How do you know what the event is? It's not like it's based on a book or anything. If you can answer that without runing the storyline that would be nice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I like shows with new and interesting plots, as opposed to what will be a rehash of a billion other shows like The Event. It will probably be worse than Flash Forward.

EDIT: New York Magazine spoiled it a month or so ago, although they said it wasn't totally definite.

RIP TheManInBlack
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Event looks dumb. Just looks like FlashForward, which was another attempt to piggyback on the success of LOST with a show that continually asks questions and gives no answers. Good marketing, but makes for bad TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Early reviews have been kind to The Event so we'll see. They ackowledged that they won't keep stringing people along and it will give answers to the questions that arises. FlashForward ended up being a good show but everyone refuses to admit it because nobody stuck it out. It was sort of like Parks & Rec that everyone killed here but now all you hear are good things mostly.

sig by BoneKrusher