Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-15-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I'm not done on this season

Looking at the vids on the official site, the team and schwartz haven't gave up...so why should we? Caught some tough breaks, but that's football. We've supported worse teams over the years, and there were (recent) times where all I wanted was atleast 1 win on the season.

We're lions fans, we've been through worse and survived. We should still be excited about this season with or without Staff. I still believe this team can get 7 wins, and if they don't I'm still gonna watch as much as I can.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:53 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd never give up on them.. We've pretty much seen the worst that any franchise in any sport could ever get, so if you didn't give up then, why give up now

I'm thinking 4-12
Old 09-15-2010, 04:55 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hell they won that game in chicago as far as I'm concerned. I don't even think I expected us to sweep the Bears so apart from the fact the NFL's dumbass rulebook ****** us the Lions did fine.

I hope Stafford comes back stronger and we might still go 5-11, 6-10.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

7 wins are you serious, wow where do you see 7 wins with our schedule? we can maybe beat Buffalo (road game probably a loss) and St. Louis is our best chance with a Rookie QB, and the home game vs Chicago is winnable.

with Stafford out i see maybe the 2 wins from above but nothing more.
I really hope that you are correct. but realistically that is way too many wins for this team.
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions-Slappy View Post
7 wins are you serious, wow where do you see 7 wins with our schedule? we can maybe beat Buffalo (road game probably a loss) and St. Louis is our best chance with a Rookie QB, and the home game vs Chicago is winnable.

I really hope that you are correct. but realistically that is way too many wins for this team.
other team can have off days, and if the D can continue playing well, why not?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will keep on supporting the Lions. I've already been through the 0-16 season, which was beyond horrible. But, we have finally seen some hope in this team and I think if we upgrade the Oline somewhat and upgrade the secondary(drafting Peterson would help). Then I think that we can be competitive. I think the reason people are doubting the Lions again is because of a extremely disappointing loss. Don't get me wrong, I was pissed beyond belief when the refs called that back. Its not like the Lions got completely destroyed by the Bears(which some people are acting like). I think we will be more competitive in the next few years.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have every reason in the world to give up on the Lions, but I just can't. They are my team and I'm sticking with them no matter what. For some reason I am more attached to the Lions than I am any other sports team. If I can make it through the Millen years, I can make it through anything.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Seven looks doable actually.
Very winnable:
Buffalo
St. Louis
Tampa Bay
Chicago
Washington

Possibly winnable
Minnesota (last game; Favre/Peterson could rest)
Dallas (later in the season, Cowboys usually collapse)
Philadelphia

Almost positively Losses
New England
Green Bay
Green Bay
Minnesota
Miami
New York Jets
New York Giants

So there are five games that I see are very winnable and three games that we have a chance at. Seven games are almost definite losses and ...well the one game in the books is a loss. Anywhere from 5 wins to an extremely unlikely 8 wins. I still think 6 is looking pretty good and would be a nice improvement.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also if you look at Hill's stats over the past three season... the guy actually throws more touchdowns than interceptions. Every year. He's not going to wow anyone with his arm but if he manages the game well, finds an open WR/TE he can be very capable. I just hope he completes enough passes to open up our run game.

Right about now I'm damn glad we used our 7th rounder to grab him and not some FS from Texas Christian-Abeline or whatever...
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
I still believe this team can get 7 wins
Keyword bolded.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Keyword bolded.
we were cheated out of a win already. This team can win 7, and why not? This coaching staff & FO have worked hard enough to see some wins come their way. This team is talented enough to get a few...

fingers crossed?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

until Ford dies, this franchise will never be good. Lets look at the weakness of this team still:

O-line - How many years will we go without a decent O-line? Mayhews had 2 years and hes only added Rob Sims and drafted a project in Jason Fox. This and the D-line should have been the first 2 things fixed. I'll give him credit on the D-line but come on, the o-line would have been the first thing i would have revamped.

Linebackers- Peterson will likely move on to another team after hes done here, we should have never released Foote and the trading of Ernie Sims was a mistake. Who knows if Levy will even work out?

Secondary- This could take forever to rebuild. We need 3 corners (i like Houston if he played the nickel, not as a starter) We need a SS, Spivey looks like a bad pick.

Average:

Runningback- Best will be good, but Kevin Smith is a joke. Maurice Morris is old. Arron Brown is a one trick pony and has no strength/vision.

Quarterback- an injury prone 22 year old and an Ok back up. Whoopy

Wide Receivers- if we had a good o-line and Stafford stayed healthy, our WR core would be competing for the top core in the league. But instead they play for this weak, low powered offense and they don't get the ball thrown to them. Waste of talent all over the place including our TEs.

Strength:

D-line - Suh is a monster. KVB is getting old, and we better find the next "KVB-like" player in the draft very, very soon. But for the most part, these guys look good. Lets hope they stay motivated.

So, in 2 years, we were able to boost up our D-line, and WRs...hmm. I like the free agent signings but why in the **** did we take Pettigrew over Oher? Derrick Williams in the 3rd round? Spivey in the 3rd round in 10? Its a step up from Millen (but then again so is my shoe). And the play calling was SUSPECT to say the least in week 1. Just terrible. I'll hold my judgments for the coaching for a while but if it doesn't improve, then this is just more bad coaches for the Lions. What else is new.
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:40 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

calling stafford nothing more than an injury prone 22-year old is completely insane.

the only thing your post managed is to completely destroy what little credibility you had.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC