Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
As for more on AOA or kick return in general...we seriously have one of the worst blocking units, I've seen in the league. Same as last year, there is a guy free and ready to tackle our return man at about the 8 yard line. We're lucky to even get it past the 20 on most returns.
Can't cover KOs or punts either.

When Buehler has to make 2 tackles in 2 games what does that tell you?

I've reconciled myself to a 7-9 season at best now, 0-2 means no SB, playoffs a fantasy dream rapidly going poof, all gone.

Quote:
Personally at this point I'd like to see us go 0-3 into the bye week and have a change made on the coaching staff
That would be the silver lining. The coaching staff is pissing away the best talent stockpile they've had in 5 yrs. They'll be using that O-word next wk, overrated, when talking about the Dallas in the SB predictions. They draw a playoff team more difficult schedule & can't even win vs. the B-list teams. This is depressing & dismal.....

Last edited by LizardState : 09-20-2010 at 11:41 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are any of you guys still happy that Roy Williams is still a Cowboy instead of Patrick Crayton??? LMFAO!!!!!
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Are any of you guys still happy that Roy Williams is still a Cowboy instead of Patrick Crayton??? LMFAO!!!!!
Who was happy?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Well the rest of our division is 1-1... So everyone needs to chill now. Were one game back with 14 to go...

We need to beat the texans and recoup in the bye.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This team is sooooo mentally weak.
Ding ding, prize for you.

But when the GM keeps under-performers on the team who cost you games you can not expect much.

All the personality defects this team has are a mirror image of the Owner.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hacked someone's account? BWAAA .......
Old 09-19-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Let me build a biggggggg STRAWMAN so I can knock it down and make myself look real strong and smart.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Andre Johnson is having an MRI on his ankle... boy would that be a blessing. We can only pray.. hahaha.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

By reading the blogs it is pretty obvious the national media is catching on to what a fraud Garrett is an dhow badly Wade gets out coached routinely.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins may very well be the class of the division, so that's not saying much about the division. Vick looked great, but they still just barely managed to beat the Lions. And holy hell do the Giants look shaky. We're still alive. Who knows? 9-7 may win you a divisional crown this season.

We dont have many bright spots so far...but I'd def like to give a little love to...Free, Miles, Dez, Ware, Spencer, and yes Romo.

Some crock writer just bashed the hell out of him on the dmn blog. Tony is playing pretty damn well for having no O-Line, no running game, and a ******** play caller. He cant do everything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-19-2010 at 10:37 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and Mike Jenkins' X-Rays were negative. He came out flat all game...maybe he just wanted to get out of there. :/

Still, dodged a bullet. Newman, Scandrick, and god knows who at nickel sounds awful.

Witten did have a concussion...who knows what his status is for next week. We have no TEs as it is. :( Bennett looked good down the stretch.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-19-2010 at 10:29 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been around much this off season, as I've struggled to drum up sufficient faith to produce any enthusiasm for this season, despite the obvious proliferation of talent on the team. Today you saw why.

Long time contributors will remember me being firmly opposed to the hiring of Wade Phillips. They will also remember me suggesting we fire him after losing to the Giants in 2007, after the season ending debacle in 08 (culminating with 44-6), and again during last season, even after we caught fire to finish the season. This team has taken on the personality of its coach. They have the speed, strength, power and skill to win the Lombardi. But they have neither the head nor the heart. We make the dumbest mistakes at the worst times, and we don't come out with the intensity that you have to have to maintain a consistently high level of play.

WADE

HAS

TO

GO

How many more weeks, months and years of potentially good football are we going to waste on this ******* idiot? He earned his walking papers a long time ago. Moreso, he never earned the right to coach this team in the first place. He is the kind of coach that gives you an excellent shot to make the playoffs, but ZERO chance to win once you're there. He has done the worst possible thing any single person could do to me as a fan (in football parlance): he's made me not want to watch my team.

**** you Wade Phillips. **** you right to hell.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Last edited by thule : 09-20-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how differently someone can see certain situations.

DMW I'm on the other side. I think Wade is competent enough to win a championship. Think about this for a 2nd. Wade has been the full time DC for the past 20 games. Only 4 games have our opponents scored more than 20 points in a game.

Wades a bad coach. To put those numbers into perspective when Brian Stewart was calling the defense in 2008...weeks 1-9 before Wade took over we allowed over 20 points in 6 games....this team is better because of wade phillips on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm sure the argument is going to be...Wade Phillips is a better coach than Brian Stewart...blah blah idc we are the Dallas Cowboys we deserve better. So let me go a bit deeper.

Try to place yourself in Wade's shoes for just one second. You want to be a head coach and you have a great opportunity to do so with a ton of talent in dallas. The catch is you get no say over the defense...you weigh you options but in the end you think Jason Garrett is extremely intelligent and has a bright future you take the gig.

Fast forward losing most of the staff that was in place before you...this isn't a big deal...but look at who was brought in on the offensive side of the ball that had ties to Wade....Wes Phillips offensive quality control...anyone else?

My point is no matter how good of a coach Wade Phillips is or isn't he is underminded by the pre-hiring of Jason Garrett. I hate to sound cliche...but the term "you're only as strong as your weakest link" really seems to fit here. Phillips defense is proven effective. It generates pressure and is a bit of a bend but don't break defense...don't give up big plays. This is a great defense and it's proven and backed up by stats.

Now here is my problem with what you are saying.
Quote:
This team has taken on the personality of its coach. They have the speed, strength, power and skill to win the Lombardi. But they have neither the head nor the heart. We make the dumbest mistakes at the worst times, and we don't come out with the intensity that you have to have to maintain a consistently high level of play.
Wade is known around the league as being extremely smart and knowing what he knows. I don't get how a dumbfounded play can be because of Wade Phillips. Obviously I understand mistakes come from not being coached up...but for example...Igors late hit on the QB...is that Wades fault...that is a heat of the moment play...cornerbacks not making plays on the ball is about the biggest thing you could knock Wade for and unfortunetly this team has proven over the past 5 years that we can't play zone. We get picked apart and for whatever reason we lack the awareness when we go that route. Wade brought in Jenkins and Scandrick both guys who've always excelled in man...so people want to make a big deal out of no turnovers that fine. But remember punts and missed field goals are also turnovers. Stops on 4th downs are turnovers.

Finally let me get to my point.

When anything on this team goes wrong it's Wades fault...but in reality is it? If Wade went to Jerry tomorrow and said I want jason off of play calling duties does anyone actually think that would fly. Maybe moreso now..but how about in the offseason...Jerry would laugh in his face and probably start rambling off numbers about how prolific Jasons offense is.

However this isn't new to anyone here especially you. You win championships in the NFL by playing as a team. This means the players and the strategy. Who in their right mind thinks that Wade Phillips wants a high flying offense? Tony Romo has threw the ******* ball 100 times in 2 games. Think about that...wtf is going on here. Dallas OL can't run block...fix it...draft someone...we have the talent to run it's a breakdown of coaching and play calling. While Wade has the ability to go there...he wasn't exactly put in the position to do that from the start. When we saw the clip in the war room 2 years ago and Garrett wanted to go Felix over Mendenhall I know we didn't see everything..but anyone else think that perhaps not only does Jerry Jones like shinny things..but also that Garrett gets excited over having new toys and sells jerry on it even more?

Bottomline is this team won't win a championship until the whole team strategy meshes. This means that you have to play a wade phillips offense to go along with his defense. I'm not talking about bringing bum phillips out of retirement to run the offense and run sweeps all day. But what I mean is you can't judge Wade and blame everything on him when it's clear as night and day that this team wasn't built as one. Some pieces were here before he got here and he doesn't get to make big changes. You trying to tell me that Wade Phillips had any say over Roy Williams coming here. But think bout it on the other side of the arguement...can you see Jason Garrett objecting? Remember we are talking about a ivy league grad that has been taught his whole life that he can do anything he sets his mind too. With a little of MY help he thinks...Roy can get back to his 1000 yard season.

Now don't get me wrong I loved the Roy move when we made it. Hindsight 20/20 knowing we'd get dez the following year...Michael Oher would be super sexy...but obviously thats not the case.

While I don't think Wade is perfect I don't think he's gotten a fair shake from the start...and what he is directly responsible for I'm proud of. I love when we shut teams out...I love when we play ball control offense. I wish I could post the stats on average ppg for the opponent when we win the time of possession.

Do you know what our opponents average ppg is when we win the TOP? 12 points. 12...think about that for a min....all we have to do is score 2 td's and TOP and we win.

Hell score 3td's and we don't even need TOP anymore. My point is the problem on this team is not wade phillips. This defense has done nothing be improve since he was appointed DC...the offense has done nothing but get worse since Garrett took the reigns. I'm sorry but I just don't think Wade is the problem here.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen the game yet but I agree with thule. Since Phillips joined the Cowboys we won twice the division, got a first week bye and won our first playoff game in a decade. And the first year we lost at the last minute against a team which was totally on fire and went on to win the SB beating the at-the-time undefeated Patriots.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Our division is all 1-1. Time to make a statement against the texans and right the ship. Nothing else to do.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Wade is weak and not in control.

Garrett is in over his head.

Jerrah just sits around trying to validate his bad decisions by constantly doubling up the bet.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys know I'm a big supporter of Tony Romo...

having that said, there is something that he needs to get blamed for. The dude has tunnel vision on 3rd down in key moments of a game.

You just KNOW he's going to Witten 80% of the time in a tough situation. And teams have picked up on it too. How many times did we see drives stall on 3rd down yesterday bc he forced one to Witten on 3rd?

Too many times. I need to go back and watch the game again to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure he was forcing it in there on key 3rd downs.

And he's done that for a long while now. He has to get out of that mindset. When Witten went down, everyone and their mom knew it was going to Miles. It just so happens that Miles is a beast and Chicago has no CBs, so it didn't matter.

But that tunnel vision in key moments in the game has got to change.

And start Dez already.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yea....I thought 9-7 and a wildcard, and no telling once in the playoffs before the season started.

Seems like they'll struggle to get to 8 wins if they don't get something going here and soon. My gut tells me the Texans are going to stomp on their hearts and send them reeling into a bye. My heart tells me that they'll gut out a win and all will be right in the world only being a game back.

I don't know anymore, no more excuses. I LOVE wade, and have said that here many times. He's done wonders for this Defense, and normally I'd agree with Thule on Wade's position. I really don't know anymore. I wouldn't even mind this thing being blown up soon.

Soooo....not to jump the handle, Cowboys **** off the season and huge changes are due.

Who's the head coach for 2011-2012 of the Cowboys? We're looking at a vastly different NFC east for the next 5 years. With Shanny, and Coughlin's replacement(he's gone too), and Reid's Eagles team rebooting.
FreshBoy! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we commiserating here this morning or just wallowing in the compounded miseries?

Plenty to wallow in, worst red zone offense in the league & that includes the worst FG kicker, Witten has a concussion & Romo was literally hanging his head down on the bench when the cameras were on him & he knew they were, quite a kodak moment for the Monday morning pprs.

Quote:
We dont have many bright spots so far...but I'd def like to give a little love to...Free, Miles, Dez, Ware, Spencer, and yes Romo.
Yeah the OL rebounded somewhat if you subtract the false start penalties, you could tell Colombo had not played with that line in awhile, but they didn't give up sacks to Peppers & the Bears as expected. And Ware is still showing everyone he's the best as what he does in the NFL.

Roy Williams was actually doing pretty well until that strip. Since it was the last straw in the last 2 mins. it will be the slip that everybody remembers, Roy can't buy a break. Did anyone else notice they were holding him up for the strip? When I saw him upright & struggling I though Uh-oh, here it comes... when it rains, it pours. The rest of the league will see that on tape & think Royboy is strippable now, some corrective action measures need to be taken to minimize that risk with Williams.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The knee jerk brigade makes me feel better. I'm mad as hell at them being 0-2, but geez some people make it easy to have a little faith when they predict so much doom and gloom.

There is a major problem on this team, and it's the same problem they've had for years. Mental, mental, mental. Do they like yellow? You'd think they do considering how many penalties they get every game. They also got inconsistent on offense with their production. Did anyone notice yesterday that nearly every big play on offense was followed by a negative play? They'd get a big 20 yard pass, and then on the next play they would get a penalty or run for a loss of a yard.

Defensively I have no idea why Wade stopped bringing the heat. Early on they were beating the hell out of Cutler, and then it's like that one drive put them on their heels. That's surprising coming from him on defense because he usually adjusts enough to handle things like quick passes in the middle. Did Martz really call something spectacular, or did Wade panic after that Olsen touchdown? That was bizarre considering that Ware and Spencer were playing great.

0-2 is a huge hole, but some people are being ridiculous about them having no chance. Have you guys looked at the rest of the league? Most of the good teams have had bad performances, or they've lost games horribly. The schedule that once looked so hard is filled with a bunch of .500 teams with more holes than the Cowboys right now. The good news is that the Cowboys have at least had close games while shooting themselves in the foot. That's a lot better than getting your ass blown out because you're lacking talent in a major area.

The bad news is that, as one writer pointed out, there is no Emmitt Smith coming back from a holdout. Last time the Cowboys were 0-2 and made the playoffs was in 93 when Emmitt was holding out for a better contract. All other times the Cowboys were 0-2 they failed to make the playoffs. That shows the hole that they are in. Of course in context you could make the argument that the previous teams that went 0-2 have nowhere near the talent that the 2010 Cowboys have, and that the usual powerhouse teams are struggling this year. You could also make the argument that you are what your record says you are...

Oh yeah, and Buehler needs to go as the kicker. He is not reliable at all.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The season is young. 0-2 is not the end of the world. 0-3 is going to be tough to swallow bc i don't think any 0-3 team ever made the playoffs.

But if you win this week, you're fine. There needs to be some simple adjustments made, and I don't get why they aren't being made:

1. Start Felix, and if hes not up to par, start Choice
2. Start Dez
3. Get rid of Buehler

I think you guys are missing Crayton too, as odd as that sounds.

But that's pretty much it.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
The knee jerk brigade makes me feel better. I'm mad as hell at them being 0-2, but geez some people make it easy to have a little faith when they predict so much doom and gloom.

There is a major problem on this team, and it's the same problem they've had for years. Mental, mental, mental. Do they like yellow? You'd think they do considering how many penalties they get every game. They also got inconsistent on offense with their production. Did anyone notice yesterday that nearly every big play on offense was followed by a negative play? They'd get a big 20 yard pass, and then on the next play they would get a penalty or run for a loss of a yard.

Defensively I have no idea why Wade stopped bringing the heat. Early on they were beating the hell out of Cutler, and then it's like that one drive put them on their heels. That's surprising coming from him on defense because he usually adjusts enough to handle things like quick passes in the middle. Did Martz really call something spectacular, or did Wade panic after that Olsen touchdown? That was bizarre considering that Ware and Spencer were playing great.

0-2 is a huge hole, but some people are being ridiculous about them having no chance. Have you guys looked at the rest of the league? Most of the good teams have had bad performances, or they've lost games horribly. The schedule that once looked so hard is filled with a bunch of .500 teams with more holes than the Cowboys right now. The good news is that the Cowboys have at least had close games while shooting themselves in the foot. That's a lot better than getting your ass blown out because you're lacking talent in a major area.

The bad news is that, as one writer pointed out, there is no Emmitt Smith coming back from a holdout. Last time the Cowboys were 0-2 and made the playoffs was in 93 when Emmitt was holding out for a better contract. All other times the Cowboys were 0-2 they failed to make the playoffs. That shows the hole that they are in. Of course in context you could make the argument that the previous teams that went 0-2 have nowhere near the talent that the 2010 Cowboys have, and that the usual powerhouse teams are struggling this year. You could also make the argument that you are what your record says you are...

Oh yeah, and Buehler needs to go as the kicker. He is not reliable at all.
I like it when someone says don't over react and then proceeds to imply / tell us

1) We can't fix a problem we have had for years that has proven fatal every time.
2) Our FG kicker is unreliable and we knew this since last January.
3) Our DC got cockee stains in the knickers at the site of Cutler and Knox.
4) We lost to two teams who will struggle to make the playoffs.

To quote Woody from Toy Story "Now is the perfect time to panick!"

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-20-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The season is young. 0-2 is not the end of the world. 0-3 is going to be tough to swallow bc i don't think any 0-3 team ever made the playoffs.

But if you win this week, you're fine. There needs to be some simple adjustments made, and I don't get why they aren't being made:

1. Start Felix, and if hes not up to par, start Choice
2. Start Dez
3. Get rid of Buehler

I think you guys are missing Crayton too, as odd as that sounds.

But that's pretty much it.
Your NJ boy Garrett is horrid.

I don't know if someone else can call plays and run practice but they should find him.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Your NJ boy Garrett is horrid.

I don't know if someone else can call plays and run practice but they should find him.
I still can't believe he called a HB pass with Marion Barber.