Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
As for the coaching thing, I've been reading up on some things and I think this will be Fisher's last year in Tenn barring a SB appearance.

I would love to have Jeff Fisher here. What do you guys think?
Jerry Jones would love to have Fisher there too, & he's said so on camera.

It's a no brainer that Fisher is fed up with Bud Adams bad-mouthing him in press conferences after losses, anyone would be. As problematic an owner as Jerry is he would be a picnic at the beach compared to that scabrous a-hole Bud Adams, ask FB fans in Houston what hey think of him.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys dumb or something?

Our next HC is Jason Garrett. Don't fool yourselves.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that the signs have been pointing that direction for some time. However, I just have a hard time thinking that Jerry thinks he could passify the masses with that type of hire, especially if the season goes horribly wrong as it's could be on the verge of doing.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

And I think he will be a way better HC than OC. Actually I don't dislike him that much as an OC, I dislike him as a playcaller.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've often thought that Garrett might make a better HC than a coordinator. I know that sounds strange, but you may be right.

My fear though is that we have this window of opportunity here with Romo and Ware in their prime and what if Garrett isn't ready, yet?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to waste Romo and Ware in their prime on Garrett either. Unfortunately, I think Jerry is going to be stubborn with making Garrett the HC.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well with a guy like Fisher... would he be comfortable keeping the 3-4 defense? That's what I question. I think Fisher would want to bring his own DC with him.

As for Cowher, I don't see that problem. But if Cowher does want front office control, then I don't see him coming to Dallas either.

I love Wade as a DC. His situation is unique. I could see him being fired as a HC and being kept on as a DC. After Dallas, that's all he'll ever be anyways.

I really wanted Shanahan. Still pissed about that when I think about it. His offense is perfect for Romo especially.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Fisher would probably turn the defense into a 4-3 with some 3-4 elements. Maybe he'd drop Ware and Spencer into coverage more often, and he might bring a linebacker at the same time. I think he could make it work with the background he has.

Cowher would be awesome. I don't want to think ahead since it's only two weeks into the season, but Cowher would be absolutely amazing for this team.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I don't want to waste Romo and Ware in their prime on Garrett either. Unfortunately, I think Jerry is going to be stubborn with making Garrett the HC.
But as HC the question becomes would Garrett keep his hands off the weekly gameplans? IDTS.

Quote:
I really wanted Shanahan. Still pissed about that when I think about it. His offense is perfect for Romo especially.
That would require too many personnel changes. The Dallas OL is a road grader line, not a zone blocking line.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Actually... I've given it some more thought... Everyone thought Jerry and Bill would bang heads, but they worked it out great, imo. I think Jerry has shown that if you have the credentials, then he is more than willing to give up personnel decisions. To this day, Jerry gives Parcells a lot of credit for the turn around of the Cowboys. If Cowher would like a say in the draft and FA, I don't think Jerry would put up a wall. I think there would be a similar relationship that Jerry and Bill had.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
That would require too many personnel changes. The Dallas OL is a road grader line, not a zone blocking line.
I think that is true, but overstated. That's easy to work around. Shanny brought in Trent Williams and Jamaal Brown. Both would've fit our scheme.

What I'm saying is that would've have been far away from making changes for that to get in the way. We didn't have a chance to draft Trent Williams, but we have Free who IS perfect for Shanny. Kosier and Columbo would also fit. We could've moved Gurode to Guard and then he would've fit. The only one completely out of place is Davis.

Simply acquire a Center... and trade Davis, then Bam. We're there.

We need to be looking for Centers in next year's draft. Gurode is a terrible pass protector and has major inadequacies in analyzing the defense and calling the line plays anyways.

Bottom line... we could've managed our way around the situation without a complete overhaul of personnel.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not buying it D. He may be the HCIW right now, but I don't believe for one minute if we bomb this year and our offense continually looks like crap that he'll get promoted because of it. Nope. It may have been the plan, but things change, and 1 of those things that could change that is us sputtering on offense every week all season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Actually... I've given it some more thought... Everyone thought Jerry and Bill would bang heads, but they worked it out great, imo. I think Jerry has shown that if you have the credentials, then he is more than willing to give up personnel decisions. To this day, Jerry gives Parcells a lot of credit for the turn around of the Cowboys. If Cowher would like a say in the draft and FA, I don't think Jerry would put up a wall. I think there would be a similar relationship that Jerry and Bill had.
I think Cowher is overrated. Everyone seems to forget that he had some years there were he has some very medicore teams.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any of you think that Sam Young can have the same success of Doug Free but on the right side?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Does any of you think that Sam Young can have the same success of Doug Free but on the right side?
I don't know if my opinion on the matter counts, but no, I don't see it. Young is ridiculously slow. He's got lead feet and really isn't that strong.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Sam Young is trash. I don't care that his practice reports have been really positive. He was so bad a ND, it would take a miracle by the coaching staff to make him even useful to us as a back up.

Remember... Rob Petitte, Cory Proctor and Pat McQuistan all had nice reports about them too at one point.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think Cowher is overrated. Everyone seems to forget that he had some years there were he has some very medicore teams.
He had some growing pains as a coach... I don't care about that very much. The person he is today is a lot different from the one he was in 1990. I love his character, coaching style and his knowledge of the 3-4 zone blitz scheme.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Oh so the point wasn't about scoring points in the 2nd half? My mistake. For some reason I thought it was. But hey, since the goal of the season is all about going 2-0, wish we could be like Miami and get that ring.
You really are a treat.

I said "when the other guys were here we scored points in the second half"

I said this in response to people talking about how good coaches make adjustments.

You jump in with you pants on fire telling me how Miami is not scoring points and hey have not won a Super Bowl.

I responded by saying you did not address the point I was making regarding Jerrah's horrid decisions. Demoting Sparano, gutting Parcells' staff ..........

And fact is YES I RATHER BE A MIAMI FAN RIGHT NOW THAN A COWBOYS FAN. MIAMI IS MOVING FORWARD, not sideways.

Unfortunately, I am stuck with 30 years of baggage rooting for this team.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Those steelers teams couldn't hold this team's jock strap, talent wise.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

I have said it before and I'll say it again! Garrett is horrible! He has no feel for the game. Garrett has only taken blame for the poor call just before the half versus the Skins. About the running game he stated that the Boys need to run the ball more effectively. Jason Garrett denies his poor play calling has placed this team in an 0-2 deficit. He never mentioned that this team has failed to commit to the run. With our O-Line (banged up or not) the strength is run blocking. Garrett completely ignores the teams strength. The way Garrett is calling games we will be lucky to win 7 or 8 games. We need to start discussing new HC's for next season.
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Those steelers teams couldn't hold this team's jock strap, talent wise.
True.....Talent wise they were inferior, but they played alot harder than the current team. Also, they were better coach in all phases of the game.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
I think that is true, but overstated. That's easy to work around. Shanny brought in Trent Williams and Jamaal Brown. Both would've fit our scheme.

What I'm saying is that would've have been far away from making changes for that to get in the way. We didn't have a chance to draft Trent Williams, but we have Free who IS perfect for Shanny. Kosier and Columbo would also fit. We could've moved Gurode to Guard and then he would've fit. The only one completely out of place is Davis.

Simply acquire a Center... and trade Davis, then Bam. We're there.

We need to be looking for Centers in next year's draft. Gurode is a terrible pass protector and has major inadequacies in analyzing the defense and calling the line plays anyways.

Bottom line... we could've managed our way around the situation without a complete overhaul of personnel.
The team would be alot better off with Shanny. They would be in shape and play with a sense of urgency.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have stated over and over again that Gurode is a mediocre Center b/c he can not make line calls on the fly.

I always thought Gurode was a Guard.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I have stated over and over again that Gurode is a mediocre Center b/c he can not make line calls on the fly.

I always thought Gurode was a Guard.
Yeah and people think he's great because he's a good run blocker. However, they don't realize he sucks a lot in pass protection.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah and people think he's great because he's a good run blocker. However, they don't realize he sucks a lot in pass protection.
196.5% Agree

Personally, I think he is the A number 1 reason why the line falls apart in the playoffs.