Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kellen Winslow Jr. still having knee problems

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Quote:
BROWNS NOT COUNTING ON WINSLOW
In response to a tip that we recently received regarding the condition of Browns tight end Kellen Winslow following microfracture surgery on the knee that he initially injured when he made like Evel Knievel in May 2005, we've checked with a couple of our sources and we've determined that the powers that be in Cleveland are not counting on Winslow to be available for the 2007.
"There really is a good chance he won't play this season," a league source told us.
The bigger question, as the source pointed out, is why didn't the Browns shut Winslow down earlier in the 2006 season? They were out of the playoff hunt, and yet Winslow (to the pleasure of fantasy owners only) continued to play despite being listed as questionable nearly every week due to his knee.
"I would have made him have the surgery earlier to make sure he'd be ready for this upcoming season," said the source.
But there are also whispers that, in the wake of the procedure for creating scar tissue that will simulate knee cartilage, Winslow might never be able to play again.
Stay tuned.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this really legit. If so all I need to say is WHOOO!

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Browns and their knee problems...
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But is this really credible the source is bad. But this could be true has had more problems wiht his knees than most.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blast him buying that stupid motorcycle.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things just keep getting better for the Browns

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something is wrong with that organazation.

Whoever allowed him to play should lose their job. (If this is legit)
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

I will curl up in the fetal position and weep
Old 03-19-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Savage reported during the combine that Winslow was doing fine with the 2nd surjury this offseason to take out scar tissue. They said it didnt go as liked, and that he would miss an extra month from rehab, regaurdless they said he would be out until around officials practice time.

That article didnt have proper sited sources therefore it doesnt exsist accotding to this boards rules and there would have been an article about it by now in the local papers.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that sucks... Hope it isn't true.

I enjoy having someone on the Browns actually mouth off before we beat them.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Wow, that sucks... Hope it isn't true.

I enjoy having someone on the Browns actually mouth off before we beat them.
Ya because the Bengals SOOOOOOO dominate us over the course of our rivalry......
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Stay classy.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Like I have said before, the Browns are cursed with injuries to high profile players.

Anway, that really sucks for Winslow. I know he is cocky and arrogant, but he has a right too be. Outside of Vernon Davis he is probably the best athlete at TE in recent memory. If he can't ever play again, and even if he does play and isn't the same, it will suck because there goes a potential hall of fame career down the drain.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

I did remember him on the HotList on ESPNews like 1 month ago saying he is doing good in rehab, so IDK. I don't knwo how creditable this source it.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Like I have said before, the Browns are cursed with injuries to high profile players.

Anway, that really sucks for Winslow. I know he is cocky and arrogant, but he has a right too be. Outside of Vernon Davis he is probably the best athlete at TE in recent memory. If he can't ever play again, and even if he does play and isn't the same, it will suck because there goes a potential hall of fame career down the drain.
When Winslow was healthy Davis could barely hold his jock strap. Davis timed better but Winslow actually played the position better.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he still having mouth problems to?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Actually, I've been hearing he's been doing alright. However, as a Browns fan I always expect the worst.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
When Winslow was healthy Davis could barely hold his jock strap. Davis timed better but Winslow actually played the position better.
When Winslow was healthy this season he was a top 3 TE.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
When Winslow was healthy this season he was a top 3 TE.
Absolutely. If it wasn't for the injury his rookie year and the bike accident there is no doubt in my mind he would be better than Jeremy Shockey. His former teammate and someone who I think is the 3rd best TE in the league.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Absolutely. If it wasn't for the injury his rookie year and the bike accident there is no doubt in my mind he would be better than Jeremy Shockey. His former teammate and someone who I think is the 3rd best TE in the league.
Haha, just thinking about how good Winslow could be makes me feel bad for the Browns. Seriously... how the hell do you get that unlucky? It's almost too sad to be funny... almost.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This doesn't sound credible at all...but then i again i am a Browns fan, so denial must also be taken into account.

I hate PFT and their stupid rumors.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Die in a fire *****.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think this report is false. There were reports that Winslow was having/had microfracture surgery on that same knee he hurt w/ the bike. That's the surgery that Amare had and kept him out of basketball for a year and a half.

Not everyone is going to be as lucky as Amare & be able to come back healthy. I think there is a solid chance Winslow misses extended time, and I think there is a solid chance he is never the same player/career could be over.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this is true, WELCOME TO CLEVELAND CALVIN JOHNSON...

:/

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
Browns and their knee problems...
The Browns and ALL of their problems . . .