Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packer-Bears, Week 3

Nobody here cares about this game or what? No thread?
WT******!!
This is the Bear game!
They are 2-0.
If they beat us, they have a leg & a half up on us.

I find Monday night's game very interesting.

The Packers, as we all know, are a stay-the-course, build thru the draft type of franchise. It's had some success obviously and the team has gotten better in TT's tenure here. The 2007 team spiked, then a down, but 2009 & now have all signs pointing up.

The Bears, on the other hand, are quite different.

When Ted started, Lovie Smith had made it a goal of his to beat the Packers. And they did. They took over the division briefly, despite Wrecks Grossman at QB. They even got to a Super Bowl in 2006.

But they had fallen the past few years.

So last year they traded for the big time QB in Cutler to run their offense.
And this off-season, they added RB Chester Taylor and the best FA in years on defense, Julius Peppers.

They added a few smaller pieces as well, but those 2 big additions are going to be the factors in how far the Bears go this year, and the near future.

If they can all of a sudden leapfrog the Packers with almost an opposite approach (and poor recent draft results), it will show that you can win in today's NFL by bringing in outside talent and not just relying on the draft.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monday is going to seem like the longest day ever until we get to 7:30

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay...

In the first place, the majority of the Bears' roster came from the draft- more players from other teams than Green Bay by far, but it's still just a fraction. This isn't the NFL version of the New York Yankees here.

And second, can you name a single person who utterly and totally thinks you have to build through the draft 100% in order to win?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
And second, can you name a single person who utterly and totally thinks you have to build through the draft 100% in order to win?
Of course not, not 100%.
The closest to it are probably us and the Colts, who are great teams.

But the point is the Bears where dead 13 months ago.
And it's 2 key new additions that are spear-heading their early revival.

I hope we crush them Monday, but we barely beat them each game last year and had a lot of luck on our side in the first win.

They didn't have Urlacher and Peppers then, or Chester Taylor who is a guy who can mismatch us.

Anyone here expecting a cakewalk is in for a surprise Monday night.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still not sold on the Bears. Dallas out gained them big time in yardage, and IMO dallas and their miscues is why the Bears won. Bears went 1/11 on 3rd down, and now Major Wright is hurt, weakening their already really weak secondary.Their pass attack will be a good test for the Packers D, however

Capers is a great defensive coach who I think will confuse the hell out of Cutler, as well as Martz. Packers definitely can't come out slow like they did vs Buffalo. They need to jump out early vs Chicago

Probably see the psycho package in this game, which debuted vs the Bears last year...thoroughly confusing Cutler

I think it will be close, but the Packers will get an early lead and never lose it.

Pack - 28
Bears - 17

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-23-2010 at 10:04 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sweating the Bears. I think we're entirely too talented. Honestly, I think we're the best team in the game aside from the Saints.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm not sweating the Bears. I think we're entirely too talented. Honestly, I think we're the best team in the game aside from the Saints.
I feel like so much talk has gone into the Bears "2-0" start and Cutler playing "great" that they're setup for failure. Besides, they only beat Detroit because catches sometimes aren't catches and Cutler looked good against the Cowboys, who played stupid and are ********.

I see at least one, probably two, defensive touchdowns for the Pack and Rodgers finally rounding into form with a 4 or 5 total TD game and over 300 yards.

45-17. Might be wishful thinking, but oh well.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like its been mentioned 100 times the Bears should really be 1-1 but it doesn't matter their 2-0... You never really know what to expect in these games it always seems to be close. Hopefully Sundays a great day watching the Vikings fall to 0-3 and Monday nights even better.

A happy Tuesday Morning.

Packers 3-0
Bears 2-1
Lions 1-2
Vikings 0-3

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:32 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

monday night football for me = getting up at 2.30 am. The thing that makes me nervous about facing Cutler is, that when he gets hot, he's really hot. Hopefully we get the Cutler that throw bonehead passes. Either way, it should be a good game.

Anybody got the word on Mike Neal?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I think you guys are way too over-confident, cocky on this game.
I hope Monday night proves me wrong, but what the dude says:
Quote:
The thing that makes me nervous about facing Cutler is, that when he gets hot, he's really hot.
Well, against a good QB with multiple receiving targets... we still have sunburn from Big Ben, Warner, and Farve twice when they got hot. This is the same type of scheme/targets at WR/TE/RB, and QB that absolutely torched us last year.

Matthews can't sack Cutler all 40 times he drops back to pass.
And Woodson can't cover Hester, Knox, Aroshamu, Olsen, Forte, and Taylor by himself.

I hope you guys' bravado proves correct come Monday midnight and my analysis/worries are proven to be dumbfounded.

But we barely beat them both times last year and those Bears sucked.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My random thoughts.

On the game in general:
-I'm glad the Bears are 2-0. I'm glad Cutler is playing well. The Packers have a tradition dating back a few years of playing down to their oponents, especially early in the season. And, if we were playing a 1-1 Bear team that lost to the Lions, we could be in for a rude awakening. I want this game to be for first place. I want it at Soldier Field. And I want the Bears to be perceived to be a good team.

On who needs to step up:
-Sam Shields-The Bears have something between a decent ensemble cast of WRs and a group of also-rans. I don't think there's a difference between their #1 WR and their #3 WR. I don't think Cutler sees a difference either. So, I could see him picking on the UDFA all night.

-Bryan Bulaga-duh. If he starts, this will be massive for him. Keep Peppers in check, and watch his jersey sales soar. get blow'd up a few times and he'll have to live with questions for a couple weeks. Obviously, this isn't a make or break game for him.....but, his performance will be exaggerated to one extreme or another until he proves otherwise.

On the rivalry
-It's always fun to contrast our rivalry with the Bears compared to the rivalry with the Vikings. With the Bears, there is a lot of mutual respect. On the radio today, I heard somebody describe it as a bar fight, where ya buy the other guy a beer afterwards. Sounds about right. I think the Packers and Bears can both get behind the rivalry itself being bigger than both teams. I would like to see Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler go toe to toe for the next decade as 2 top tier QBs. But, with the Vikings...it's just all hate. I want bad things to happen to that team. No class. No storied rivalry. Just massive mound of purple hate.
-Strangely, as heated as the rivalry has been, over the last quarter century there has been very few times where both the Packers and Bears were actually good. So, games like this, even if it is early in the season, are pretty rare. And, an instance where both teams have a good QB is ESPECIALLY rare, if not unprecedented. In almost 100 years of playing each other, This could be one of the first of many true shootouts between the two teams. It's very exciting.

Prediction------I'm calling a shootout. 2 great QBs. On Monday Night Football. But, the only difference is; while Cutler tends towards the gunslinger mentality, Rodgers plays it smart. a few timely Cutlerceptions put the Pack over the top. 38-28.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Mike Neal not in pads for today's practice. He practiced yesterday but today was the big test according to McCarthy. I'd be surprised if he plays on Monday, now. That stinks...been looking forward to getting him into that Dline rotation

Colledge also didn't practice, a day after him and Raji collided during a drill(knees). No reason yet given, but Bulaga was taking the 1st team reps at LG. Clifton, meanwhile, was a full participant at LT
Old 09-24-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Damn, Mike Neal not in pads for today's practice. He practiced yesterday but today was the big test according to McCarthy. I'd be surprised if he plays on Monday, now. That stinks...been looking forward to getting him into that Dline rotation

Colledge also didn't practice, a day after him and Raji collided during a drill(knees). No reason yet given, but Bulaga was taking the 1st team reps at LG. Clifton, meanwhile, was a full participant at LT
So if DC can't go, and Bulaga is the LG, who plays LT once Clifton goes down or gets yanked?

You guys remember what Antwan Odom did last year to Rodgers? How about Adewale Ogunleye? Peppers is 10x as good as those guys.

DROWE,
nice writeup and I hope you're right. A shootout win sounds great.
But remember, as Godly as Arod was last year, he only had ONE total TD pass against the Bears, IIRC. And their defense is better this year with Peppers there on the DL with Tommie Harris, and with Urlacher there. That f***** always seems to come up with a game-changing play against us.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Colledge was quoted as saying that it was a "scary" incident but that he will play monday. Said monday's game is more important than today's practice which is why he didn't go today. Just sort of resting it up

I mean, after their collision, he still practiced. Probably just had some swelling. I think he'll be good to go. Neal is definitely out, though, unfortunately
Old 09-24-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Colledge was quoted as saying that it was a "scary" incident but that he will play monday. Said monday's game is more important than today's practice which is why he didn't go today. Just sort of resting it up

I mean, after their collision, he still practiced. Probably just had some swelling. I think he'll be good to go. Neal is definitely out, though, unfortunately
Well McCarthy called it a knee strain and said it will be evaluated again as a medical.... and anytime MM calls something a sprain, I get worried.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler is soooooo due for an implosion. 2 ints 1 fumble.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I think you guys are way too over-confident, cocky on this game.
I hope Monday night proves me wrong, but what the dude says:

Well, against a good QB with multiple receiving targets... we still have sunburn from Big Ben, Warner, and Farve twice when they got hot. This is the same type of scheme/targets at WR/TE/RB, and QB that absolutely torched us last year.

Matthews can't sack Cutler all 40 times he drops back to pass.
And Woodson can't cover Hester, Knox, Aroshamu, Olsen, Forte, and Taylor by himself.

I hope you guys' bravado proves correct come Monday midnight and my analysis/worries are proven to be dumbfounded.

But we barely beat them both times last year and those Bears sucked.
Funny how one game and all of a sudden the Bears passing attack became the triple-pro-bowl attack of the Steelers, Cardinals and Vikings last year and not a mediocre/occasionally awful QB with a horrible OLine and badddd receivers.

Just funny.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Funny how one game and all of a sudden the Bears passing attack became the triple-pro-bowl attack of the Steelers.....
Those Steelers receivers are no better than the Bears receivers are, including the TE.
And Big Ben has never racked up passing yardage like Cutler can.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Mike Wallace and Hines Ward>>>>>the Bears WR corps. Bears have the better TE, however
Old 09-25-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Mike Wallace and Hines Ward>>>>>the Bears WR corps. Bears have the better TE, however
I just know this:
I saw Devin Aroshamadu beat Charles Woodson more than once last year in Chicago, including for a key TD.

I saw Mike Wallace beat Jarrett Bush.

I mean we can each have our opinions of all those guys, but that's what we saw happened on the field last December.

I think Knox, DA, Hester & Olsen + the RBs are more formidable than the Steelers group. But I admit, it's pretty close either way.

So, it will be on Cutler. I hope he throws 5 Ints and we win 42-14.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Forte is the guy they need to contain, period
Old 09-25-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clifton listed as probable, guessing that means he'll start and we'll have to wait a little longer for the Bulaga Whale era to begin.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Clifton listed as probable, guessing that means he'll start and we'll have to wait a little longer for the Bulaga Whale era to begin.
I'd say there's close to a 90% chance we see Bulaga in this game, and the over/under for the first snap he takes is late in the 2nd quarter.

Colledge listed as probable too.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is it 7:30 yet

Rodgers: 20/30, 275 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
Jennings: 4 catches, 66 yards, 1 TD
Driver: 6 catches, 58 yards, 1 TD
Finley: 4 catches, 109 yards, 1 TD

Packers win, 34-20

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant wait! Hopefully we can all go to bed happy tonight.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote