Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what makes you like Bradford more than Clausen? I'm intrigued.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
So what makes you like Bradford more than Clausen? I'm intrigued.
when the hell did my personal views on quarterbacks become relevant to this discussion?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
well yes they're obviously not of the same caliber. That's like saying I wish some second round DT all the best but I'm glad the Lions drafted Suh.

Many on this board think Clausen is better than Bradford for some odd reason. Can you imagine if the Rams took Clausen with the #1 overall ? lol
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fox is trying to keep his job in Carolina so he figures to roll the dice on Clausen sooner rather than later.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clausen just WINS.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Fox is trying to keep his job in Carolina so he figures to roll the dice on Clausen sooner rather than later.
Fox isn't going to be in Carolina once the season is over regardless of how the Panthers finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Clausen just WINS.
LOL@ The massive trolling going on here.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Clausen just WINS.

Bradford > Clausen by a large margin.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Bradford > Clausen by a large margin.
$46m a margin?

I thought Clausen was put into a difficult situation and did well. He's going to be a very good QB in this league.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
$46m a margin?

I thought Clausen was put into a difficult situation and did well. He's going to be a very good QB in this league.
Bradford won a game with Kenneth Darby and Keith Toston as his main backs for a good portion of it, and Mark Clayton as his number 1 receiver.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
$46m a margin?

Cost effectiveness isn't really a great way to judge a potential franchise QB.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched that Rams game, along with all their other games. I am convinced that Bradford is the real deal. Also, I am quick to judgment.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I watched that Rams game, along with all their other games. I am convinced that Bradford is the real deal. Also, I am quick to judgment.
He looked really good considering the situation he is in. His offensive line isn't very good, he basically has no one at receiver and his only weapon really is Steven Jackson. When he had time he made some good throws and his arm strength and accuracy looked impressive.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford is the real deal.

Clausen showed a lot today that makes me think he might be too. The fumbles attributed to him weren't wholly his fault and after the first half he looked fine when he settled in.

He's decisive moves extremely well in and out of the pocket and made extremely good decisions on all but one pass.

Clausen gets one start against the best cornerback tandem in the NFL without much of a wide receiver outside of Smith and he's written off.

Give it three years, Clausen looked good enough today for his first start.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Bradford is the real deal.

Clausen showed a lot today that makes me think he might be too. The fumbles attributed to him weren't wholly his fault and after the first half he looked fine when he settled in.

He's decisive moves extremely well in and out of the pocket and made extremely good decisions on all but one pass.

Clausen gets one start against the best cornerback tandem in the NFL without much of a wide receiver outside of Smith and he's written off.

Give it three years, Clausen looked good enough today for his first start.
I'll agree with Cincinnati's cornerback tandem being the best (or at least one of the best), but we do have an awful pass rush and our linebackers aren't the greatest in coverage. We also were clearly putting 8-9 in the box on the majority of our plays (Roy Williams behind the LoS on every play as evidence).

Clausen looked like a rookie, but he did hold his own. Not much to gauge from this NFL start though, so let's reserve as much judgment as we can here. :P
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clausen is behind a panthers line that has looked pretty abysmal though. That said Bradford is just doing an excellent job right now.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
$46m a margin?

Lol. This is like the 4th time I've read this recently. Funny because after the draft his situation was so perfect and easily the best situation you could be put into. Best RB tandem in the league, an elite WR in Steve Smith, a running team that doesn't rely on the passing game, etc etc. Now all of a sudden it's a "difficult situation"?

If the Panthers are a "difficult situation", what does that make the Rams? It's really hard to have a better situation for a rookie QB then what the Panthers have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:25 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol. This is like the 4th time I've read this recently. Funny because after the draft his situation was so perfect and easily the best situation you could be put into. Best RB tandem in the league, an elite WR in Steve Smith, a running team that doesn't rely on the passing game, etc etc. Now all of a sudden it's a "difficult situation"?

If the Panthers are a "difficult situation", what does that make the Rams? It's really hard to have a better situation for a rookie QB then what the Panthers have.
Just because Clausen played worse than Bradford doesn't mean he didn't show promise. You didn't see the game, or any of the Panthers games, you've only seen the stat sheet.

The offensive line that the Panthers relied on last year is missing Otah and have a 2nd year late round pick at guard, who's there for his run blocking ability.

What's happening is that they're stacking the box on the early downs, double covering smith and the back up RT isn't holding down his piece of the puzzle. Neither has Wharton for the most part this year.

For whatever reason, the play calling is allowing defense to readily key on what the Panthers are doing. Otah comes back the offense will look a little better, but Clausen showed a lot of promise and ffs it was his first NFL start.

Peyton Manning didn't have a QB rating above 66 until his 7th start, no rookie QB regardless of their situation plays well the first three or four times they lace up their cleats in the NFL there's maybe two or three in the modern era and the only recent one is Matt Ryan.

He looked good where it counts, he was decisive, he lead the huddle, changed up some plays successfully at the line, drove down the field well on two occasions only to be let down by fumbles and dropped passes in the end zone.

He looked a lot better than Matt Moore give him some time.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

The offensive line is playing like ****. What was a strength has become a weakness. That's why Williams and Stewart have been anonymous this season.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somehow the Rams line has jelled together, while the Panthers line has fallen apart. Whats up with Jordan Gross?

Even look at their running game its horrible, at the start of the season its looked like a good place for Jimmy, and horrible for Sam. My how the tables have turned.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newsflash: Rookie QB looks like rookie QB: Negatives outweigh positives!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Newsflash: Rookie QB looks like rookie QB: Negatives outweigh positives!
Thats true. Manning looked horrible as well, as a rookie.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone trying to suggest that Sam Bradford is in a more advantageous position then Jimmy Clausen is an absolute idiot, regardless of how bad the Panthers may be playing at this particular moment. Sam Bradford has elevated the play of the absolutely atrocious supporting cast the Rams handed him, whereas Clausen came in and played to the level of his team, which right now is just not very good. Regardless, I would take Steve Smith in triple coverage over anything the Rams have to offer at this point, and Deangelo and Jstew is almost unfair in helping out a rookie QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Rookie

... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.

The problem is, no matter how much talent Carolina has, they're still coached by John Fox and his crew of inept patsies.
... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
please quote every post in this thread in which he was written off after the game.

can't find any? that's because you completely made it up so that you can play the poor, oppressed victim. it's seriously pathetic.
Someone replace your tampons with sand paper eh?

I was simply pointing out it's one game and its incredibly foolish to make conclusions especially when the Cincinatti Carolina game was one of the least broadcast 1pm games (i.e. I know the vast majority of people who're commenting on Clausen's play didn't watch the game and likely haven't seen the previous two).

There're offensive problems beyond , Williams, Clausen and Gross who played quite well against Cincinnati. I've already pointed them out.