Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,775
Reputation: 1970779
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
That was pretty sick. I absolutely love Dez.
Yes, yes it was. Sad he was those 2 big plays that didn't count from really having his breakout game as a Cowboy come and he would have been the hero instead of Roy. It'll come soon.


Btw does anyone happen to know where we could find those plays on link? I'd love to watch both again even though they weren't catches. Hopefully when he has a highlight reel put up on youtube they add those in anyway.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Really? I'm not counting our eggs before they hatch but... with a bye week, im not to worried about the Titans..
You should be worried about every team on our schedule, with our coaching staff you just don't know when we'll lay an egg, committ 15 penalties and beat ourselves to lose an easy game. That Washington game is gonna come back to bite us in the ass. There is no game to not be worried on our schedule, we just don't show up to play especially in easy games.


CJ is gonna run for at least 150 on us, doesn't matter if we put 9 in the box.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the real world
Posts: 1,384
Reputation: 23294
herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Thus is the world of Bob on these forums.

At first it was: Then, when everyone reminds him that Jerry was giving Austin credit well before he blew up onto the scene, then this:

Which you obviously did. But then it turns to, "well, Jerrah just says stuff like this about all his players and hypes up everyone onto the roster", then goes on to reach for another strawman argument that gets further and further away from what he originally said in the first place.

But where "Jerrah lovers" for some reason, if you don't give Bill Parcells credit for everything he has done in his career, and here, and bash ANY and everything Jerry has done here your a "Jerrah lover". Lol.
If there was ever a HOF for being a liar and revisionist, you'd be in it.

Jerry Jones never cited Austin as being THE REASON he let TO (your wrods). He cited it as a secondary reason along with the 1,556 others he came up with at the time of the move.

I let TO go b/c"
1) I wanted a Romo friendly offense
2) I spent a bunch load of picks on Roy
3) I think TO is old
4) I got tired of him
5) We already have lots of Pro Bowlers on the team
6) My botox is hurting ...
7) I just saved 6MM dollars
8) Garrett hates him
1,543) ..... yeah, I think Miles Austin is going to be a beast and replace TO

Let it go, and learn to cite articles properly.

Austin was a god damn revelation to 99.9876% of football guys, coaches, players, and fans. Citing Jerrah's throwaway reference in the jumbled mess of a 20 minute conversation is simply sign of poor intellect.

This is like people citing "the ends justify the means" as a reason for being a dirt bag yet they have no f*ing clue what Machiavelli wrote and the context of it -- of which I assure you it is not "be a douche to get what you want."

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-28-2010 at 01:58 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,372
Reputation: 199093
E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Foster and CJ have two different running styles. Foster's style is of the zone blocking scheme that Kubiak had when he was in Denver, and that's the worst style for Wade's D. It lines up perfectly since Wade's D is heavy on penetration.

CJ could still get his, but just because Foster did well doesn't mean that CJ will too. Some Titans running plays take time to develop first before CJ breaks them open, and that's not ideal when going against fast outside backers like Dallas has. It's really hard to rush to the outside on Ware and Spencer because they see runs developing quickly. Dallas' D matches up really well with the Titans' running game. This is why I like their chances.
__________________
"If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the real world
Posts: 1,384
Reputation: 23294
herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

And let me point out the obvious ....

If Jerrah thought Austin was a reason for letting TO go then why did he trade for Roy Williams to being with?

I mean, 1/3/5 for a WR with maturity issues if he already has a 100 -- 1500 -- 15 TD guys on the bench who is an UDFA on the cheap?

Jerrah cited Hurd, cited Stanback, etc Austin ..... blah blah blah. I think he cited Jolly too.

TO was fired b/c Romo and Garrett got Stephen to push Jerrah to move TO out, save the money, write off the bonus and try to build better team chemistry. The fact he paid for #1 Roy Williams was his teddy blanket for the move.

The rest is BS.

Gimme a break.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-28-2010 at 02:05 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,372
Reputation: 199093
E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Kosier is out for 3-4 weeks btw. At least Holland is a vet with starting experience, and he didn't look bad in the first game.
__________________
"If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,275
Reputation: 177698
FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
And let me point out the obvious ....

If Jerrah thought Austin was a reason for letting TO go then why did he trade for Roy Williams to being with?

I mean, 1/3/5 for a WR with maturity issues if he already has a 100 -- 1500 -- 15 TD guys on the bench who is an UDFA on the cheap?

Jerrah cited Hurd, cited Stanback, etc Austin ..... blah blah blah. I think he cited Jolly too.

TO was fired b/c Romo and Garrett got Stephen to push Jerrah to move TO out, save the money, write off the bonus and try to build better team chemistry. The fact he paid for #1 Roy Williams was his teddy blanket for the move.

The rest is BS.

Gimme a break.
Why are you still talking about this?

Quote:
Kosier is out for 3-4 weeks btw. At least Holland is a vet with starting experience, and he didn't look bad in the first game.
Where'd you read this?
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Foster and CJ have two different running styles. Foster's style is of the zone blocking scheme that Kubiak had when he was in Denver, and that's the worst style for Wade's D. It lines up perfectly since Wade's D is heavy on penetration.

CJ could still get his, but just because Foster did well doesn't mean that CJ will too. Some Titans running plays take time to develop first before CJ breaks them open, and that's not ideal when going against fast outside backers like Dallas has. It's really hard to rush to the outside on Ware and Spencer because they see runs developing quickly. Dallas' D matches up really well with the Titans' running game. This is why I like their chances.
Dallas' run defense has been giving up some bad running lanes this year, regardless of scheme. Just so happens we faced two bad running teams before the Texans. Portis/Forte arent scaring anyone these days and our defense has the speed to close. There will be holes for CJ, and Dallas probably wont be able to close them fast enough. I'd be shocked if he doesnt gash us for over 115-120 pretty easily. And CJ breaks plenty of runs inside the tackles. So Ware and Spencer can be neutralized in the running game. I love our defense, but I dont trust them against any big time star RB.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-28-2010 at 03:02 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the real world
Posts: 1,384
Reputation: 23294
herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Why are you still talking about this?

Where'd you read this?
Cuz it is a blog and I can talk about most anything I want?

Why are you replying to it?
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,266
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
And let me point out the obvious ....

If Jerrah thought Austin was a reason for letting TO go then why did he trade for Roy Williams to being with?

I mean, 1/3/5 for a WR with maturity issues if he already has a 100 -- 1500 -- 15 TD guys on the bench who is an UDFA on the cheap?

Jerrah cited Hurd, cited Stanback, etc Austin ..... blah blah blah. I think he cited Jolly too.

TO was fired b/c Romo and Garrett got Stephen to push Jerrah to move TO out, save the money, write off the bonus and try to build better team chemistry. The fact he paid for #1 Roy Williams was his teddy blanket for the move.

The rest is BS.

Gimme a break.
You want a break? You got it. Ban till the BYE week is over. You can come back to talk about Week 5. While you're taking a break think about how we don't care about feeding your ego.

And for the record since you ignored my earlier post... No single person was going to replace TO. When we cut him, we knew that it would take a collective effort to replace him, but Jerry and the staff had confidence that the remaining guys would step up and we could still be successful.

Roy was initially brought in to help us make a strong playoff push. The duo of TO and Roy was a tantalizing idea. Unfortunately Roy didn't gel as quickly as hoped. The team unraveled amist rumored lockerroom dissention.

Roy was a big reason why Jerry let go of TO during that offseason. But that wasn't the initial plan when we brought in Roy. The ending of the season left a sour taste in many people's mouths and things sorta just unraveled. TO was made a scapegoat. The decision was quick and rash. Roy was the eventual successor to TO as the Cowboys #1 WR, but the plan wasn't for it to happen this soon. The fact that the season ended so abrupt fast forwarded the thought process.

Roy had big shoes to fill. It was an expectation that he would be the new #1 WR. But that the rest of the WR corps would have to step up as well. The thinking behind letting TO go was to allow this team to once and for all, truly be "Tony's Team". Without the hounding presence of TO, Tony would have more freedom to spread the ball around at the "right" guy and not force it to the loudest guy crying for it. No one person was expected to replace TO's numbers, but collectively as an offensive unit... between the RBs, TEs and WRs... they were all expected to step up and not just replace TO's numbers, but play more cohesively and together as a "team". For the Cowboys to foster the "team concept" was the ultimate number one goal for letting TO go.

You want to argue that one person... "Roy" was supposedly THE reason for Jerry cutting TO, and that Austin was just a happenstance that Jerry lucked out on. You couldn't be more wrong. Without faith in the rest of the guys on the roster, Jerry would not have let go of TO.

This is the end of the historic topic. There's no need to revisit it, so that someone can puff up their own pride based off mistaken logic. If this continues, then I will consider it provoking our user base and a permanent ban will occur.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-28-2010 at 03:14 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,266
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Cuz it is a blog and I can talk about most anything I want?

Why are you replying to it?
This is not a blog. A blog is your own personal space on the internet to talk about whatever you want.

This is a forum community and you must abide by the community rules to keep harmony amongst the group.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,275
Reputation: 177698
FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well that works too....

Anyways, any update to Kosiers status? I'm still not seeing anywhere listing him as anything more than "Day to day", and "Cowboys are relieved to have a Bye to get Kosier/Witten healed up"
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
WHY IS ALL YOU DO IS ARGUE AGAISNT THE COWBOYS.. F*CK... it gets annoying.

Stop or leave dude. Sh*t. I'm tired of checking in on this board to read some quality posts from D, THule, or LL and see your OMG bill parcells has a massive co*k and jerry sucks as an owner with a little *****. Damn dude.

Look to the esteemed head Mod--whatever he is--that allows this clown to hang around after having numerous accounts banned, a blatant violation of the terms of use, just to flex his muscles, with your complaints.

I can personally say that he is the main reason why I don't frequent this site much anymore, when it used to be part of my daily routine. I know of at least two other high quality posters who are no longer around because of him as well.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,266
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Look to the esteemed head Mod--whatever he is--that allows this clown to hang around after having numerous accounts banned, a blatant violation of the terms of use, just to flex his muscles, with your complaints.

I can personally say that he is the main reason why I don't frequent this site much anymore, when it used to be part of my daily routine. I know of at least two other high quality posters who are no longer around because of him as well.
I don't think Ward cares anymore. Ward doesn't even post here himself anymore. If you post here more often, I'll leave him banned. Because even though he is a pest, he helps stir up discussion.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

D-Unit, what are your thoughts vs the titans?

Now, people are using the argument that foster had massive holes... but that is because we also had to account for the #1 rank passing attack in the league. Vince Young to Kenny Britt is far from Schaub to Andre Johnson..
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 11,497
Reputation: 1284638
Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Well that works too....

Anyways, any update to Kosiers status? I'm still not seeing anywhere listing him as anything more than "Day to day", and "Cowboys are relieved to have a Bye to get Kosier/Witten healed up"
Both test came up negative for any ligament damage. No biggie.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

Oh and Bob, isn't it funny how your prediction for us was like 12-4 and we would beat the texans like 31-14, but you just continue to hate..

Hey bro, Parcells has one 2 rings in like 50 years in the league in some form or another with players like lawrence taylor... he isn't god. He's whatever bro. Go cry about it.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

SOMEONE E-MAIL THIS STATE TO JASON GARRETT:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_spotlight

21-2 when we run over 27 times under Romo, 13-15 when under 27 attempts.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,275
Reputation: 177698
FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

21-2 when we run over 27 times under Romo, 13-15 when under 27 attempts.
Misleading....Garrett runs the ball when we're up...So more than likely these wins were when we held a lead going into 4th. I read a stat that said the Cowboys win like 85% of the time when they're leading at halftime.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,266
Reputation: 2278505
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Misleading....Garrett runs the ball when we're up...So more than likely these wins were when we held a lead going into 4th. I read a stat that said the Cowboys win like 85% of the time when they're leading at halftime.
Yeah, it is misleading, but I don't think it's so misleading that the message the numbers are saying doesn't ring true. Maybe we're 17-6 instead of 21-2, but the fact remains that if we run more, we have a better chance at winning.

I would never use halftime score as a useful measure of how to game plan.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ugh. At Kosier being out for an extended amount of time again. I've def. grown to like him over the years. More so than most Cowboy fans. All he did was get better just about every year, here. Probably played well enough to make a Pro Bowl the one year.

Dezzy is also playing with some fractured ribs. I've been there myself a few times...not fun. lol. Played just fine obviously. The rest will do us some good. And again, with the TEs being banged up...I hope Garrett plans on implementing some deeper WR sets. I would love to see 4 or 5 real WRs out there once in a while. I dont know why we dont have that many spread formations, when we're so deep at WR. We're just as deep or deeper than Green Bay. I'd actually def. say we're deeper, but we never seem to get them all on the field at the same time. It would only add a dimension. Doesnt have to be a straight move to the spread. haha. But yeah, I'd like to protect Witten/Bennett just a tad against the Titans. And with Jason Mccourty out, we may be able to exploit that secondary...once again, assuming our line holds up. But yeah, they dont have the corner depth to match up.

Repeating myself a bit, but I'd like to see it.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-28-2010 at 09:25 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

Hey D-Unit:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ed...68A8C2AF634E1F
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

So Dez had to pay 54-55K for a team dinner? bleeeeeeeeh. This is nothing new, to pin a massive bill on the rook. But god, I'd be damned pissed. If they just wanted to throw money out, they could have sent some my way or at least donate it. haha.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

How awesome must it have been to be that restaurant? You pulled in 55K lol.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
robert_again
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You want a break? You got it. Ban till the BYE week is over. You can come back to talk about Week 5. While you're taking a break think about how we don't care about feeding your ego.

And for the record since you ignored my earlier post... No single person was going to replace TO. When we cut him, we knew that it would take a collective effort to replace him, but Jerry and the staff had confidence that the remaining guys would step up and we could still be successful.

Roy was initially brought in to help us make a strong playoff push. The duo of TO and Roy was a tantalizing idea. Unfortunately Roy didn't gel as quickly as hoped. The team unraveled amist rumored lockerroom dissention.

Roy was a big reason why Jerry let go of TO during that offseason. But that wasn't the initial plan when we brought in Roy. The ending of the season left a sour taste in many people's mouths and things sorta just unraveled. TO was made a scapegoat. The decision was quick and rash. Roy was the eventual successor to TO as the Cowboys #1 WR, but the plan wasn't for it to happen this soon. The fact that the season ended so abrupt fast forwarded the thought process.

Roy had big shoes to fill. It was an expectation that he would be the new #1 WR. But that the rest of the WR corps would have to step up as well. The thinking behind letting TO go was to allow this team to once and for all, truly be "Tony's Team". Without the hounding presence of TO, Tony would have more freedom to spread the ball around at the "right" guy and not force it to the loudest guy crying for it. No one person was expected to replace TO's numbers, but collectively as an offensive unit... between the RBs, TEs and WRs... they were all expected to step up and not just replace TO's numbers, but play more cohesively and together as a "team". For the Cowboys to foster the "team concept" was the ultimate number one goal for letting TO go.

You want to argue that one person... "Roy" was supposedly THE reason for Jerry cutting TO, and that Austin was just a happenstance that Jerry lucked out on. You couldn't be more wrong. Without faith in the rest of the guys on the roster, Jerry would not have let go of TO.

This is the end of the historic topic. There's no need to revisit it, so that someone can puff up their own pride based off mistaken logic. If this continues, then I will consider it provoking our user base and a permanent ban will occur.
Agree with most but, I disagree with your second to last paragraph. I am not stating that nor do I think I have.

I am stating there were a few very big reasons of which Roy was one of them. Miles was not a big reason.

That was the point being discussed which deviated into misrepresentations, fabrications and lies.

G'night.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Goodnight Rob. lol.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.