Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-28-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have it simply because I work at Gamestop and on occasion I buy things that I normally would not.... It's alright and has great motion tracking (in a correctly lit room).... it just needs a great game, the only one worth anything is Sports Champions
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post
I have it simply because I work at Gamestop and on occasion I buy things that I normally would not.... It's alright and has great motion tracking (in a correctly lit room).... it just needs a great game, the only one worth anything is Sports Champions
Does lighting really come in to play?

I have never had trouble with that on the Wii.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've only had one issue with it and that was when the room i was playing in was dark and a door was opened in the back of the room with light shining in... whenever the MOVE orb would be in that light the eye could not sense it...
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Does lighting really come in to play?

I have never had trouble with that on the Wii.
The Move uses a camera. That's part of what makes it such a great technology. A bit more advanced than what the Wii does, and part of what makes the possibilities for the move so great. I've heard people are surprised by how much fun they had with EyePet.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds interesting. The move could be the next great thing. The wii needs to expire first.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just need it to be optimized to good titles. Heavy Rain will be one of the first. Which is awesome. But this could be great fun with massive sports titles. Not Move specific or exclusive games. Imagine playing it with like, Fight Night or the Show. That'd be fun.

But alas, I still greatly prefer to use a controller. I'm not sure if the aim is to move completely move on from the controller eventually...but i really never see that happening. At least not in the time they're hoping it does. And I also fail to see 3D gaming or even the televisions catching on anytime in the near future. They're just so unnecessary. We havent exactly reached the pinnacle of gaming, but right now...these just seem like gimmicky money makers, more so, than innovative revelations, break throughs, or even guaranteed mainstays. I'm far from sold, right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two negatives about the Move from what I've heard.. You have to be 8 feet away from the sensor, and a minor one is that you have to calibrate it each time you play a game. Being 8 feet away from the sensor in my room is just not possible.. Calibrating it each time could be a little annoying after a while.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
The wii needs to expire first.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else, absolutely stoked for this game?

I absolutely love this trailer, too!

Probably my most anticipated war game, EVER. Well that and all the Killzones!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else pumped about the Gran Turismo 5 release in early November?

I'm a huge car guy, and I just might get it over COD Black Ops.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It got pushed back, man.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It got pushed back, man.
Again? I've been waiting for this game for a few years now.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, just recently. I think they just said, further in the holiday season. Not sure about the date.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Two negatives about the Move from what I've heard.. You have to be 8 feet away from the sensor, and a minor one is that you have to calibrate it each time you play a game. Being 8 feet away from the sensor in my room is just not possible.. Calibrating it each time could be a little annoying after a while.
I heard you also had to be 9 feet tall.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-21-2010, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I would seriously kill this *****.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-21-2010, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a major chump. Breaking his PS3 probably isn't the worst thing that could happen!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo, just gonna throw this out there, God of War 3 kinda sucked. I'm severely disappointed with it.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Still havent played or opened it...not what a want to hear, though. I'll get to it eventually...I'm a huge fan of the series, I just have had other games on my plate.

Namely...Fallout New Vegas, which is awesome. I can hardly put it down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-25-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Soooo, just gonna throw this out there, God of War 3 kinda sucked. I'm severely disappointed with it.

Send it my way then. I'm dying to play it but too broke it buy it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Still havent played or opened it...not what a want to here, though. I'll get to it eventually...I'm a huge fan of the series, I just have had other games on my plate.

Namely...Fallout New Vegas, which is awesome. I can hardly put it down.
Yea, it's just really not any better than 2 and actually probably worse. It's also extremely short and the story isn't nearly as interesting.

I want to play New Vegas so bad. How is it compared to Fallout 3? I know they were scared that since it was a different production team that they might change some things..
Old 10-25-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea, it's just really not any better than 2 and actually probably worse. It's also extremely short and the story isn't nearly as interesting.

I want to play New Vegas so bad. How is it compared to Fallout 3? I know they were scared that since it was a different production team that they might change some things..
It plays exactly the same. But there is better quest variation and dialogue. A lot less boring vaults and no Metro tunnels. The gun mechanics are a little improved and the enemies move with better fluidity. And there are some cool new baddies in this one. I'm loving it. And dare I say, I like it more than Fallout 3, and I looooooove that game.

It seems fresh. Sure it handles like an enormous expansion, but it's really fun. I've already put 30 hours into it. Still havent reached the Vegas Strip. I can at any time now, but I've been keeping busy by completing soooo many side quests. Great, great game.

edit...You probably know, but the reviews aren't quite as great as Fallout 3's, but they're still very high. A lot of bugs have effected some reviews. I've been one of the lucky ones with the bugs/glitches I suppose. I only had it freeze on me once and like two mishaps with the characters mouths not moving when they talk. Other than that, its been a great experience.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-25-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
It plays exactly the same. But there is better quest variation and dialogue. A lot less boring vaults and no Metro tunnels. The gun mechanics are a little improved and the enemies move with better fluidity. And there are some cool new baddies in this one. I'm loving it. And dare I say, I like it more than Fallout 3, and I looooooove that game.

It seems fresh. Sure it handles like an enormous expansion, but it's really fun. I've already put 30 hours into it. Still havent reached the Vegas Strip. I can at any time now, but I've been keeping busy by completing soooo many side quests. Great, great game.
This is fantastic because I love the side quests in 3, and hated the goddamn metros. I loved 3 as well and didn't even play the entire game (my roommate had it and played most of it).

I wish I had more time to play video games like I used to. Stupid life requiring you to get a job and make something out of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
found it boring, as well.
It really added absolutely nothing. It was more like God of War 2.5, like one of the supplemental games GTA always releases. It sucks because God of War was one of my favorite game franchises.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I even have a job...and have been putting all of my free time into it. Like no other game I've played in a long time. haha. Its been pretty crazy, but I havent been able to put it down.

And yeah...the vaults and metro tunnels def. got old in Fallout 3 after a while. Obsidian has found a nice balance in their world and with their quest variation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I even have a job...and have been putting all of my free time into it. Like no other game I've played in a long time. haha. Its been pretty crazy, but I havent been able to put it down.
I think I'm gonna try to hold out until Xmas haha. By that time, football is done so I can dedicate my weekends to awesomeness like New Vegas.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Who is getting Black Ops? I wanna get a nice clan going with you guys.

Quote:
we all hate you