Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a future catcher. I'll drop Miguel Sano and add Wil Myers.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do I get Manny or what?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Add him when he clears waivers.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Congrats to Xio on winning the inaugural season of the SWDC-AL only league!!

We will be cutting down to 8 teams next season. As the two lowest scorers and least active participants, Scotty and Broduer have been cut.

Please let me know if you plan on playing next season.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

We will be cutting down to 8 teams next season. As the two lowest scorers and least active participants, Scotty and Broduer have been cut.

I plan on playing, and to comment on your Myers pickup, I really doubt he will make the bigs as a catcher, more than likely going to be a corner OF.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, how do we plan on dispersing their major/minor league rosters? I know there's not much there, but there's a few guys I'd probably consider picking up.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

God that trophy is awesome. I am so proud to add it to my mantle.

I think contracting 2 teams is a good thing, and we should expand rosters to have Corner Infield, Middle infield, and 2 more OF starting spots, along with a couple more pitching slots.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also demand that whoever has Miggy Cabrera trade him to me STAT! I will trade Teixeira and whatever else you want to get him.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Also, how do we plan on dispersing their major/minor league rosters? I know there's not much there, but there's a few guys I'd probably consider picking up.
Everybody will keep 12 major league and 3 minor league players.

The draft will consist of all players cut, including all of the players on the other two rosters.

Major and minor league players will be part of the same draft.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think contracting 2 teams is a good thing, and we should expand rosters to have Corner Infield, Middle infield, and 2 more OF starting spots, along with a couple more pitching slots.
I'd like to expand the rosters by at least 1-2 more players, although I'm not sure about adding 4 starting spots.

I'd also like to cap starts at 150 or 175 (it was 200 this year and nobody reached it)

Decisions like that will be brought to a vote, however.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy to finish 2nd to Xio. Damn, he's good.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'd like to expand the rosters by at least 1-2 more players, although I'm not sure about adding 4 starting spots.

I'd also like to cap starts at 150 or 175 (it was 200 this year and nobody reached it)

Decisions like that will be brought to a vote, however.
You are contracting 2 full teams. I thought the point was to make this a deep league. You need to add that many starting slots.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

12 keepers as of now

Locks

Zobrist
Ichiro
Vlad
Sizemore
Choo
Ortiz
Matusz
Garza
Sale
Joba

On the fence
Lackey
Escobar
Slowey
Doubront
Arietta

Rest of the guys I would like to beat with a shovel
Old 10-03-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You are contracting 2 full teams. I thought the point was to make this a deep league. You need to add that many starting slots.
I'd like there to be a bench spot or two.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

One other note, due to the complications of free agency, anyone added to the AL mix in the offseason will be part of the draft as well. A separate auction would get too confusing, I think. (And I have the most money)

I'm not sure of all of my keepers, but I know I'll keep:

-Justin Morneau
-Ian Kinsler
-Delmon Young
-B.J. Upton
-Neftali Feliz
-Jonathan Papelbon
-Michael Young
-Gavin Floyd
-Brett Anderson
-James Shields

The other two spots are probably between:
-Lance Berkman
-Aaron Hill
-Asdrubal Cabrera
-Kevin Gregg
-Daric Barton
-Jason Vargas

Looking at that list I'm not sure how I got third.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

At least 9 of my top 10 keepers are under 30 years old.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
At least 9 of my top 10 keepers are under 30 years old.
Yeah, I've definitely got some fossils with Ichiro, Ortiz, and Vlad (3 guys I didn't even pick myself, remember I got auto auctioned because I forgot the draft time, lol)
Old 10-03-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'd like there to be a bench spot or two.
Well I am all for that. Compromise. Add an infield slot and an outfield slot and 2 pitching slots. And then 2 bench slots.

That will keep about the same number of players total on rosters as this year.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Best value/worst value per team

Xiomera:

Best: Adrian Beltre $13
Worst: Frank Francisco $12

D-Unit
Best: Francisco Liriano $9
Worst: Joe Mauer $48

BF
Best: Kevin Gregg $3
Worst: Chris Davis $15

yo123
Best: Paul Konerko $6
Worst: Jose Lopez $18 or Adam Lind $25 or Chone Figgins $20

CCB
Best: Alexei Ramirez $16 or Joakim Soria $20
Worst: Rick Porcello $22

tjsunstein
Best: CJ Wilson $2
Worst: Jacoby Ellsbury $30

HChu
Best: Max Scherzer $15 or Alex Rios $12
Worst: Brian Roberts $25

DJP
Best: Shin-Soo Choo $18 or Matt Garza $16 (yuck)
Worst: Grady Sizemore $26

Brodeur
Best: Josh Hamilton $18
Worst: Matt Wieters $38 (Absolutely terrible)

Scotty
Best: Nick Swisher $11
Worst: Javier Vazquez $21

Best overall: tjsunstein (CJ Wilson $2) or yo123 (Paul Konerko $6) or Brodeur(Josh Hamilton $18 )

Worst overall: Brodeur (Matt Wieters $38 ) or scotty (Javier Vazquez $21)

Last edited by djp : 10-03-2010 at 02:42 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Chris Davis....:(

Old 10-03-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Scott Posednik at $3 was making me mad points too, but he gots traded.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Chris Davis....:(
At least your best value wasn't Choo for 18 or Garza for 16. I really bombed the auction.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'd actually say my best was Delmon Young at $7. This is assuming this year wasn't a fluke and he continues to develop. Kevin Gregg might not even close next year, but Delmon will be in the league for another 10 years.

Neftali Perez for $14 was pretty sweet too.

Kelly Shoppach for $9 not so much...

Old 10-03-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I'd actually say my best was Delmon Young at $7. This is assuming this year wasn't a fluke and he continues to develop. Kevin Gregg might not even close next year, but Delmon will be in the league for another 10 years.

Neftali Perez for $14 was pretty sweet too.

Kelly Shoppach for $9 not so much...
Didn't even see Delmon, I just did the list very quickly. Feliz for $14 was obviously quality, but I was counting more for single season than in the future.. Gregg for $3 and getting 30+ saves is tremendous value.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I got Jose Bautista as a free agent. Do I win an award?