Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-19-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Nah, Joey was probably the better player. He truly was great during his years here. There's really nothing more we could have asked of him. He basically led us to the Championship game in '01, but we got screwed like you guys did in '94. And I'm not so sure I would say Feeley is the better player yet. I don't think Joey was worth the #3 pick, and I think people's view of him would be different had he been a lower pick like Feeley. Feeley is seen as an over achiever in the NFL, and Joey is seen as a bust. Even though Joey has actually been more productive on the field.

But who knows how great Feeley might have been had he never injured his elbow during his junior year. He was having a hell of a year up to that point. But yeah, nobody ever had a reason to call for him once Joey became the starter, because Joey didn't lose games. We've been spoiled with great QB's here. Feeley never got a chance to establish himself as the man, so it was an easy transition to Harrington. Good question though. I think I just confused myself while answering it. Sorry for the ramble.
Alright, I didn't really remember the specifics. I didn't recall AJ getting hurt, so was that 1999 or 2000 then? You guys are a good bit away from here so it's hard for me to remember 6-7 year old stuff from the west coast. Good luck this year, take down the evil empire.

Guru,
I don't care. I didn't go researching the stats to back up a casual comment I made in a conversation to someone that wasn't you. How old were you in 1999, 11-12? No need to stick your two cents in.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Alright, I didn't really remember the specifics. I didn't recall AJ getting hurt, so was that 1999 or 2000 then? You guys are a good bit away from here so it's hard for me to remember 6-7 year old stuff from the west coast. Good luck this year, take down the evil empire.
His Junior year in '99. The year he took the reins from the great Akili Smith. :)
Old 03-19-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Guru,
I don't care. I didn't go researching the stats to back up a casual comment I made in a conversation to someone that wasn't you. How old were you in 1999, 11-12? No need to stick your two cents in.
What does how old I was in 1999 have to do with Feeley and Harrington in the NFL? Both players were on the Dolphins and Harrington was average and Feeley was a pile of crap. I really don't care if you care or not, you said something wrong I corrected you.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

HuskerNation needs more cowbell.

The 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers, best running attack and best team in college football history, that O-Line blew people off the ball even when everybody knew the run was coming.
HuskerNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

HuskerNation needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
I remember that line having Jammal Brown, Davin Joseph, Vince Carter, and Wes Sims. Who else was on that line?

As far as the Husker lines of the mid 90's go they had some better pro prospects than people give them credit for. In '94 they had Zach Weigert, Brendan Stai, Arron Graham and Rob Zatechka. Wiegert and Stai went first day and turned out nice NFL careers and the other two were drafted as well. Combine that with the blocking of FB Cory Schlesinger and it's easy to see why Lawrence Phillips was so dominant in college.
Don't downplay LP's talent, that guy was an out of this world talent at RB with a deadly combo of size and speed. Guy was just a terrible person.
HuskerNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerNation View Post
Don't downplay LP's talent, that guy was an out of this world talent at RB with a deadly combo of size and speed. Guy was just a terrible person.

LP+Ahman Green+Scheslinger+Frazier+Oline = Best run game of all time?
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
LP+Ahman Green+Scheslinger+Frazier+Oline = Best run game of all time?
You don't need the question mark.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerNation View Post
The 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers, best running attack and best team in college football history, that O-Line blew people off the ball even when everybody knew the run was coming.
As bad as I hate them, that's the other team I put up there in the greatest college teams of this era. Those guys and '94 PSU are my top two, with me obviously giving the homer edge to PSU. I was all ready to include the Miami team that lost to Clarett in that same group. Lawrence Phillips was a beast, too bad he had to be a thug.

Guru,
Get over yourself, nobody cares if I prefer one horrible QB over a slighty less horrible QB. Believe it or not, they both played in other places other than Miami so it's not like you're the end all expert opinion. Not that it means a whole lot but Feeley does have a better career passer rating so it's like I'm extremely far off.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Wow noone mentioned Orlando Pace and Korey Stringer? i dont think theres ever been a tackle tandem better than them 2. Deffinatly shouldnt be in the best OL category, but just deserve a mention
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Wow noone mentioned Orlando Pace and Korey Stringer? i dont think theres ever been a tackle tandem better than them 2. Deffinatly shouldnt be in the best OL category, but just deserve a mention
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
I'm not sure all the starters, but one of the OSU offensive lines in the mid-early 90's had Korey Stringer and Orlando Pace as bookend tackles. That was a truely dominant line...

Always helps to read at least part of the thread prior to posting.