Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who should Be Number 2?
Oregon Ducks 30 52.63%
Ohio State Buckeyes 27 47.37%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Does it matter? It doesn't. If both go undefeated, Ohio State is going to the National Title based on name alone.

And anyone who said the Pac-10 isn't better than the Big Ten is crazy...
so having 3 top 25 teams is better than having 6?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
Just based on what theyve done this year (which is all it should be) I'll go with Oregon. I think theyll end up losing and OSU will probably be there in the end, but right now Oregon has been very good. I though Stanford was the most impressive team outside of Bama before this past weekend.
i think if oregon faces a team with a decent front 7 it's all over for them. They gave up 600 yards to Arizona State. If Ohio State was giving up those kind of yards and points every week people would be going berserk no matter how good the offense is. You can't win a title without playing D, especially when it's been shown before that your offense isn't invincible.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since when is number of teams in the Top 25 the definitive view on how to judge a conference? The Big Ten only has 5 teams in their by the way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

well Penn State just recently dropped out. PSU and Northwestern are likely top 25 quality. Pac Ten has at least 3 and no more than 5 top 25 quality teams....Big Ten looks like they have about 7. Middle and bottom of the Pac Ten isn't as strong as the middle and bottom of the Big Ten this year even if the top 3 are just as strong.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 10-04-2010 at 05:41 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
so having 3 top 25 teams is better than having 6?
There is more to a conference than that. Oregon, Stanford, and Arizona are very very good. USC is still a solid team that could compete with most Big Ten teams. I'd argue Oregon State is Top 25 caliber as well, and Arizona State isn't so shabby. I'd take the Pac-10 over the SEC this year myself.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I'm not buying USC. They have talent but they play down to their competition every week. They lost to Washington and nearly lost to Minnesota. Oregon, Stanford, and Arizona are all real good, top 15 teams....but Big Ten has Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Michigan State all solidly in the top 25 and should be there all year. PSU and Northwestern are very solid teams, both at least as good as USC and Arizona State. Indiana isn't bad, their offense will get them 7 or 8 wins this year. Big Ten is up this year, Pac Ten isn't quite as deep. They are a 3 team league. We'll see in bowl season who is for real, but last bowl season was fantastic for the Big Ten and that was before Michigan had a killer offense.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not buying USC. They have talent but they play down to their competition every week. They lost to Washington and nearly lost to Minnesota. Oregon, Stanford, and Arizona are all real good, top 15 teams....but Big Ten has Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Michigan State all solidly in the top 25 and should be there all year. PSU and Northwestern are very solid teams, both at least as good as USC and Arizona State. Indiana isn't bad, their offense will get them 7 or 8 wins this year. Big Ten is up this year, Pac Ten isn't quite as deep. They are a 3 team league. We'll see in bowl season who is for real, but last bowl season was fantastic for the Big Ten and that was before Michigan had a killer offense.
And I'm not buying Wisconsin. We can be even.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

you don't think Wisky is top 25? They lost a close call on the road against a pretty good MSU team, but they can run the ball and play defense. Even if they are fringe in the end there's still way more depth in the Big Ten than the Pac Ten. None are what the SEC is still even in a down year. USC, Bama, Arkansas, Florida, and Auburn are legit top 20 teams.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
And I'm not buying Wisconsin. We can be even.
Im not buying Michigan, theyve played a bunch of hacks that shouldnt even be on the same field as them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A 3 team league?

One of the bottom two schools in the Pac-10 just completely shut out Texas, and i don't care how bad they are this year cause they still get the top recruits in the country.

Arizona State, one of the bottom half teams was an extra point away from going into overtime with Wisconsin, on the road.

I don't buy your argument that cause the big ten has more schools ranked means theyre a tougher conference, by the end of the year that number will be equal. Michigan and Northwestern have no business being ranked.

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 10-05-2010 at 02:16 AM.
hawkeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaMichael James >>>>> OSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:18 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC didn't nearly lose to Minnesota. They slept for a half and then woke up and crushed us.

Northwestern did, however, almost lose to Minnesota. They should have, in fact.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:36 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
He was awesome last year against them. What, 70 yards in the Rose Bowl?

Real defense tends to make you look pretty pedestrian.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
He was awesome last year against them. What, 70 yards in the Rose Bowl?

Real defense tends to make you look pretty pedestrian.
I think averaging 4.7 ypc is acceptable against OSU. Nice try though...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are moving the goalpost. You said he was a ton greater than OSU. The kid couldn't even get 100 yards. I think he's a great little back, but come on now.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, he had one good run of 30 yards. Everything else was for very few yards, or even negative yards. Take out his one good play and he averaged 2.8 ypc. So no, I wouldn't really call his performance acceptable.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Actually, he had one good run of 30 yards. Everything else was for very few yards, or even negative yards. Take out his one good play and he averaged 2.8 ypc. So no, I wouldn't really call his performance acceptable.
Oh...you mean Chris Johnson syndrome. Short gain, no gain, short gain, run for loss, big gain. But I suppose if you take out his big runs last year he wont be a 2000 yard rusher either!!!

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yeah, 15 carries for 70 yards, he really owns Ohio State. take out the one big run and it's 14 carries for 30 yards.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Oh...you mean Chris Johnson syndrome. Short gain, no gain, short gain, run for loss, big gain. But I suppose if you take out his big runs last year he wont be a 2000 yard rusher either!!!
Haha, this is exactly what I mean! Everybody looooves CJ"2K", but when it comes to other players the same rules apparently doesn't apply... *sigh* James is arguably the most dynamic runner in the NCAA. I think he'll be a lot better if they meet OSU again, he was only a RS freshman last year.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But the run happened so it would be ******** to just take it out.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

i know, but it's not like he really had 4.7 yards every time he touched the ball. he had a bunch of losses and really short gains and then a big 30 yard run. I think James is a fantastic player, but what's with this James>>>>OSU nonsense?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i know, but it's not like he really had 4.7 yards every time he touched the ball. he had a bunch of losses and really short gains and then a big 30 yard run. I think James is a fantastic player, but what's with this James>>>>OSU nonsense?
It's an average, I can't see how that's so hard to understand. Including the OSU game James averaged 6.9 ypc, which is pretty damn good. It doesn't matter if he was stopped for a loss one or more times or how many times he ran for less than 4.7 yards, it's simply irrelevant.

Quote:

Last edited by Razor : 10-05-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
James is arguably the most dynamic runner in the NCAA.

Oh, hey, what's up?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Haha, point taken. I only thought about RBs, but Denard is definetly up there.. But I'd still like to see him perform like this over the span of a season, but he has looked really, really good.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's an average, I can't see how that's so hard to understand. Including the OSU game James averaged 6.9 ypc, which is pretty damn good. It doesn't matter if he was stopped for a loss one or more times or how many times he ran for less than 4.7 yards, it's simply irrelevant.
of course it was his "average" but that one 30 yard run skews it a bit. He was doing badly in that game outside of one good run. 4.7 isn't great in college football anyway, it's decent but it's not outstanding, especially considering one run bumped it up a whole lot.