Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up

Looks like everyone practiced today except Witten and Bennett....Good news for the o-line. Continuity is the key to rolling of a 4-5 game winning streak.

That's why I kept asking the source of the Kosier being out 3-4 weeks...good to know he'll be there against the Titans.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'd be all for that as well. He's the only sure thing on our line as far as the future goes.

I'm all for trading for Jared Gaither and/or Logan Mankins too, but I know that is a pipe dream.
Maan, Mankins would be so awesome, but your right, probably just wishful thinking. I think we'll look at a vet interior lineman in FA though which is why I don't see Barber & Roy back because that's alot of money cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be all for that as well. He's the only sure thing on our line as far as the future goes.

I'm all for trading for Jared Gaither and/or Logan Mankins too, but I know that is a pipe dream.
I'd prefer Mankins. There seems to be significant concerns about Gaither's work ethic.

Kosier is gone after this year so I'm sure Mankins could step right in there. The biggest issue, IMO, is L. Davis. HE has clearly been our worst OL the last year and a half. I'd rather keep Kosier and let Leonard go. Also, if we could land a pure center, Geroude could swing to G. I think the wrench in the engine right now is Bigg.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Looks like everyone practiced today except Witten and Bennett....Good news for the o-line. Continuity is the key to rolling of a 4-5 game winning streak.

That's why I kept asking the source of the Kosier being out 3-4 weeks...good to know he'll be there against the Titans.
Kosier may be there...but it's not definite. He says he's playing, but Wade isnt too sure yet, I heard.

Scary thought that both Witten and Bennett are missing time, but they could use the rest. I dont see Bennett getting to 100% at all this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really miss John Phillips man... I really really liked what I saw from him last year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Logan Mankins is turning 29... i'd prefer younger.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Kosier may be there...but it's not definite. He says he's playing, but Wade isnt too sure yet, I heard.

Scary thought that both Witten and Bennett are missing time, but they could use the rest. I dont see Bennett getting to 100% at all this year.
Kosier is fine. It's obviously a smoke screen.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Kosier is fine. It's obviously a smoke screen.
Dude...smoke screen?

It's Kyle Kosier. The Titans gameplan doesnt change at all, if he is there or not.

He injured the same knee that kept him out an extended amount time earlier in the year. He may not play.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude...smoke screen?

It's Kyle Kosier. The Titans gameplan doesnt change at all, if he is there or not.

He injured the same knee that kept him out an extended amount time earlier in the year. He may not play.
Hahaha... yeah. No smoke screen. That was funny though CDC. ;)
Old 10-04-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Anyone see this?

Bob Sturm: Felix Jones wasn't special enough for first-round pick

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-wasnt-sp.html
Old 10-04-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, it's BS. If we didnt take him in the 1st, someone else would have. The Titans wanted him ahead of CJ as well.

"22 runs this year and the high is 15 yards? That is way too ordinary"

Stupid comment is stupid.

I dont know what people expect, when he doesnt receive the touches to do anything with it. It's not Felix's fault that he doesnt get the ball as much as a CJ or Mendenhall. That is all on Garrett...and it's a god damn mystery why Felix doesnt get the ball and has never gotten the ball.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-04-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm happy that no one here likes Jason Garrett. The one thing we can ALL agree on. So funny.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Dude...smoke screen?

I worded my statement wrong, but our line falls apart without Kosier. He may not be Anthony Munoz out there, but you get my point. I think it's just phillips trying to keep the titans guessing. Either way, if we don't win this game our season deserves to be called a dissapointment. The titans are not good.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm happy that no one here likes Jason Garrett. The one thing we can ALL agree on. So funny.
I don't think he's as bad as folks say....At the end of the day, the players have to make plays, and there's seriously a lack of discipline for these Cowboys that you can attribute to any # of things.

Garrett's genius at times, and I think he'll eventually become a pretty good HC in the NFL.

(Just hoping his first try at it isn't Dallas)

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-04-2010 at 06:40 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's an optimistic observation. In Wade's three years with the Cowboys they have had at least a three game winning streak every year after the bye week. The 2010 team could use some momentum like that, especially in a year where most teams are off to some unsatisfactory starts. Only the Chiefs are undefeated right now. lol

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...age=1#storytop
Quote:
The Cowboys are 3-0 under coach Wade Phillips in games after the bye and have enjoyed at least a three-game winning streak each season under Phillips after the off week. In 2007, the goal-line stand at Washington sparked a six-game winning streak for the Giants. With three of their next four at home, the odds favor Dallas stringing together some wins.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Watching the Patriots game tonight made me realize one thing that is a major problem with our coaching philosophy.

We don't let our young players get involved enough. We should be seeing more of Jason Williams... Sean Lee... Let them have their lumps. Especially after seeing Brooking get worked last game... we need to start getting our youngin's involved more.

We always take soooo long before the staff trusts them... ie. Free.. Austin.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

As a DFW resident I get to listen to Bob Sturm quite a bit and think his analysis is pretty spot on most of the time. They don't call him the Sturminator for nothing lol. I think we all like Felix but it's getting harder and harder to defend that pick.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I just wanted to say how sick I am to see Brandon Tate have so much success in NE. To think... we ended up with 13 players in the 2009 draft... an no Tate. :( Heck, it would be nice to have Phil Loadholt too.... but no, we had to trade down for more picks. lol.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
As a DFW resident I get to listen to Bob Sturm quite a bit and think his analysis is pretty spot on most of the time. They don't call him the Sturminator for nothing lol. I think we all like Felix but it's getting harder and harder to defend that pick.
Nice to see you back here buddy boy! Hope you frequent us more often again.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

ughhhhhhhhhhhh. And why is this?

If we draft CJ...he is more than likely in the exact same situation Felix is in right now. Felix has been making the most of his carries ever since he's been here, and has not been rewarded with a larger role. That is not his fault. You cant do a whole lot better than he has done, with the amount of carries he's seen in his career...people making that argument frustrate the hell out of me, because it makes no sense at all. Bob Sturm's argument is freaking straw man to a tee.

People down Felix and the pick, because he isnt putting up big numbers...in turn, he doesnt get the ball at all. Makes tons of sense. wow. I love Cowboy fans.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-05-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
ughhhhhhhhhhhh. And why is this?

If we draft CJ...he is more than likely in the exact same situation Felix is in right now. Felix has been making the most of his carries ever since he's been here, and has not been rewarded with a larger role. That is not his fault. You cant do a whole lot better than he has done, with the amount of carries he's seen in his career...people making that argument frustrate the hell out of me, because it makes no sense at all. Bob Sturm's argument is freaking straw man to a tee.

People down Felix and the pick, because he isnt putting up big numbers...in turn, he doesnt get the ball at all. Makes tons of sense. wow. I love Cowboy fans.
I'm just glad we had 2 first round picks and was still able to land Jenkins cause that's who I wanted most. Going for Felix wasn't even a need at the time. It was just a Jerry man crush.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Thanks D! @ moth, part of me, maybe a big part agrees with you regarding Garrett and his ineptness sometimes. Having said that though Felix has been somewhat injury prone and something about him just seems off this year. It could be the weight gain slowed him just a bit, who knows? Trust me no one was a bigger Felix fan than me towards the end of last year but I haven't seen that guy really yet this year. Now part of that may be JG's ass clownish play calling but part of it falls on Felix to maximize the touches he does get. To be fair tho our o-line for the most part is old and extremely overrated. Bottom line is we got to be able to run effectively if we expect to do anything really.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

I gotta be honest and say I felt kinda insulted after reading moths post that I can only assume was in reply to me. The tone at the end was a bit harsh and seemed to group me in with all the stupid cowboys fans from Texas. Now maybe I'm the stupid one and totally misinterpreted it as it is almost 2 am in Central time zone. I certainly think it's fair to question the wisdom of an Jerry move really. I also think it's fair to question a pick like Felix who is basically a niche player especially considering the moderate success of mendenhall and the incredible success of Johnson. And I really don't want to hear about how nobody saw CJ's success coming out of a relatively small school. It's not like the cowboys haven't had success with smaller school guys in past. One could never really prove it but given Jerry's personality would anyone be surprised if the ultimate determining factor was that they went to the same school?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
Thanks D! @ moth, part of me, maybe a big part agrees with you regarding Garrett and his ineptness sometimes. Having said that though Felix has been somewhat injury prone and something about him just seems off this year. It could be the weight gain slowed him just a bit, who knows? Trust me no one was a bigger Felix fan than me towards the end of last year but I haven't seen that guy really yet this year. Now part of that may be JG's ass clownish play calling but part of it falls on Felix to maximize the touches he does get. To be fair tho our o-line for the most part is old and extremely overrated. Bottom line is we got to be able to run effectively if we expect to do anything really.
We go back to 2005! I got much love for the old timers like you. Haven't seen you around in a while. Welcome back.

As for Felix... we all liked what we saw in him in the past. He had a burst in his game that was electric. I thought we finally solved our KR problems once we got him. Now he's had those responsibilities taken away from him and he still doesn't get a lot of touches. Makes no sense to me. Especially since AOA sucks at kick returning. I still hope Felix still has his electricity. I guess I'll blame number of carries so far and join MOTH in believing he's still got it... but I can't deny that there is doubt with the added bulk. I've seen this story before... cough Julius Jones cough...
Old 10-05-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Disregard first part of my last post. I'm pretty sure i'm an idiot and way off base.