Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

D-Unit you made a great point, I never thought about not giving our rookies time. Unless they are first rounders, they never really play, ie Dez. But then again, even though we haven't won anything, our team has been stacked the past few years, it's harder for lower round guys to get playing time. But the Jason Williams-Brooking point is true, give the kid a shot on third down. Just tell him man up on this dude... can't be worse than brooking.

Also don't forget, the "Lost Draft of 2009" did bring victor butler atleast. Kids a stud.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade is a lot like Big Bill in that rookies really have to earn his trust before he puts them in a game. I'm okay with that.

As for felix, why in the world would he want to put on the weight he did this offseason? I bet if he got back down to about 208, that explosiveness would return.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

To be honest guys, I think we're just trying to find excuses. The dude is a pro athlete.. lol 10 pounds won't make him go from barry sanders to mike alstot... He just isn't getting the ball/holes.

If felix gets space, it's still 6 on that scoreboard. End of story.

New argument please this is old.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do agree that he hasn't gotten the opportunities. I think he needs more touches.

However, if you haven't noticed that he doesn't quite have the burst he did previously, you haven't been paying attention. And yes, 10 lbs does make a difference.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss the Felix Jones that used to return kicks and get our offense starting at the 50 yard line every time.

Somebody explain why the **** we took him off KR duties.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess they took Felix off kick returns because they wanted to use him more in the offense and they feared he'd get hurt on kick returns. Either way it goes, I don't think Felix is having an issue with speed or quickness. He just needs to get the ball more, and that's hard to do with many weapons in the passing game and a $47 million running back on the team needing to get carries too.

Funny thing about Sturm. I remember that he is on this post game radio show with a few other DFW guys. Well a few years back, I remember him knee jerking to Terence Newman. It was Newman's sophomore year here, and he was struggling big time after having a strong rookie season. Sturm said that he thought Newman was a wasted pick, and that the only reason why the Cowboys picked him over Trufant was because of punt returns. He proceeded to bash Parcells for that 2003 draft, and said that there would be no stars from that draft. He also brought up how they missed big time on Byron Leftwich, and that they'll be kicking themselves in 5 years because Leftwich would be a stud.

Yeah, Sturm really is awesome at declaring draft picks successes or failures.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I miss the Felix Jones that used to return kicks and get our offense starting at the 50 yard line every time.

Somebody explain why the **** we took him off KR duties.

The excuse used to be that we were gonna get him involved in the offense more, seeing as how we haven't there is no reason he's not back there. Desean Jackson and Welker return punts and they are alot more valuable to their teams offense then Felix to us.

Now we hear the same crap, "oh we plan on getting Felix the ball more", yea right. Anyone wanna make a bet that he doesn't get 15 touches this week? He needs at least 20, I bet he gets 11-12. For some reason were so stupid with distributing carries with him. It's one of the most annoying things about our game, if he's getting hurt that's all on him 100%, but if he's healthy and we give him 7 carries and he does really well with those, and we don't give him anymore, that's 100% on Garrett.

I'll believe it when I see it, and frankly he should still be the KR guy since were so set on starting Barber. Lots of more valuable guys play Special Teams or return kicks/punts, we need to stop babying him.

He was picked before Mike Jenkins, no reason to not utilize him if you wanted him so bad. I fully believe in him, but if we won't can't find out anything with 7 carries a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that he should be used on kickoffs so that he can get some touches. Barber is going to get most of the carries. His contract is big, and he's still a good back that can soften up the defense. You also have to get touches to Miles, Witten, and anyone else that is hot in the passing game. If they're going to run the ball 20 times and split it between Felix, Barber, and Choice, then they should put Felix on the returns again so that he can have an impact outside of offense while Barber is still here. The guy is great when he gets the ball, but we can't just wait until Barber gets traded or released next season to give him his carries in the run game.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Bob Strum: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...on-garr-2.html

Ok... Contracting much?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I think Bob Sturm reads my posts. :D
Old 10-05-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
I gotta be honest and say I felt kinda insulted after reading moths post that I can only assume was in reply to me. The tone at the end was a bit harsh and seemed to group me in with all the stupid cowboys fans from Texas. Now maybe I'm the stupid one and totally misinterpreted it as it is almost 2 am in Central time zone. I certainly think it's fair to question the wisdom of an Jerry move really. I also think it's fair to question a pick like Felix who is basically a niche player especially considering the moderate success of mendenhall and the incredible success of Johnson. And I really don't want to hear about how nobody saw CJ's success coming out of a relatively small school. It's not like the cowboys haven't had success with smaller school guys in past. One could never really prove it but given Jerry's personality would anyone be surprised if the ultimate determining factor was that they went to the same school?
It was more people in general starting to give up on, or get low on a player...who doesnt even get to see the field. That makes no sense at all. People cry that he isnt putting up Mendenhall or CJ numbers...but where is Felix, while these two are starting? He's on the bench...and that's on Garrett. Jerry Jones even said today, that he's been wanting us to give the ball to Felix more.

The only one making Felix a "niche player" or a role player is Jason Garrett. You cannot do any better with the amount of carries he's seen over his short career. CJ wouldnt even have done any better, more than likely. The guy averaged 6 yards per carry in two years. That's insane. And he played outstanding when Barber went down. How soon people forget that Felix absolutely manhandled the Eagles in his back to back starts against them last year. And one of those games was a playoff game. Felix should have been starting from game one this season. He more than earned that last year, imo. He's the best running back on the team, and it's not even close. He has given Dallas fans no reason to sour on him.

I'm sorry...but to hate on the guy, when he isnt even seeing the ball at all, isnt too bright. Not trying to hate...but really, that makes absolutely zero sense.

Not trying to sound too mean here, DPL...I like you, bud. It's just aggravating that fans are so quick to give up on players and in this case, there is no substance to even start to hate on the guy. Let's actually see him carry the ball more than 7 times per game, before everyone starts jumping off and burning the bandwagon. As has always been the case, our use of Jones, has been downright awful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-05-2010 at 06:41 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It was more people in general starting to give up on, or get low on a player...who doesnt even get to see the field. That makes no sense at all. People cry that he isnt putting up Mendenhall or CJ numbers...but where is Felix, while these two are starting? He's on the bench...and that's on Garrett. Jerry Jones even said today, that he's been wanting us to give the ball to Felix more.

The only one making Felix a "niche player" or a role player is Jason Garrett. You cannot do any better with the amount of carries he's seen over his short career. CJ wouldnt even have done any better, more than likely. The guy averaged 6 yards per carry in two years. That's insane. And he played outstanding when Barber went down. How soon people forget that Felix absolutely manhandled the Eagles in his back to back starts against them last year. And one of those games was a playoff game. Felix should have been starting from game one this season. He more than earned that last year, imo. He's the best running back on the team, and it's not even close. He has given Dallas fans no reason to sour on him.

I'm sorry...but to hate on the guy, when he isnt even seeing the ball at all, isnt too bright. Not trying to hate...but really, that makes absolutely zero sense.
Thing is... Felix had limited carries last year too, but we still saw the instant impact he could bring to the game. None of which we have seen this year.

Sure, I blame Garrett too for not playing him more. I blame the staff for not keeping him as our KR too.

Questioning whether he has the same burst or not does not mean I'm hating on him. It's simply that... wondering whether or not his weight gain has brought a negative effect to his burst. Heck, I'm the one who still wants him on KR. Sturm is definitely hating on him though.

I've more than moved on from using the pick on him.

edit: I do recall saying we should trade Felix Jones and that is pretty haterish. lol. But in reality, if we can trade any of our RBs for real quality OL help, I'd likely be down with that... even if it were Barber.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and after seeing the Titans injury report...I fully expect to win this game. Their defense is banged up pretty bad...so we better damn well win this one. Give me lots of Felix...back up your word, Jerry. Threaten Garrett, if need be. haha.

I still think CJ, who is struggling, will light us up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-05-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Oh and after seeing the Titans injury report...I fully expect to win this game. Their defense is banged up pretty bad...so we better damn well win this one. Give me lots of Felix...back up your word, Jerry. Threaten Garrett, if need be. haha.

I still think CJ, who is struggling, will light us up.
Oddly enough, I'm not as worried about CJ in this game. He may get a 100 yards, but I don't see us getting "lit up". I worry more about getting to Young in the backfield and pressuring him enough. He has a way of getting things done when he needs to.

I'm hoping this will be a statement game about us showing how dominant we can really be. I also think Dez will get his first receiving TD.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

CJ won't light us up. That's not gonna happen. We should and will win this game. If we don't, I do give up faith on the season. With the state of the giants and vikes right now, we should be able to be 5-2 coming into november. The titans should be a good game to get rolling.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Anybody want to put some internet pride on the line? I bet that CJ won't rush for over 80 yards this Sunday. I'm not a gif maker or anything, so all I can bet is the mighty internet pride.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'll make that bet...pretty much just a gentlemens bet. I'm not changing my Avy or sig. haha. I think he'll top 80 for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-05-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I bet anything you want moth, that if he has 19 carries or under, itll be for less than 80. between 20-30, less than 130.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bet anything you want moth, that if he has 19 carries or under, itll be for less than 80. between 20-30, less than 130.
I'd take that bet, CJ's been pretty quiet this year and I think it's just a matter of time until he starts shredding teams again.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'd take that bet, CJ's been pretty quiet this year and I think it's just a matter of time until he starts shredding teams again.
I like our run defense on the edges but just like we've always been... our run defense up the middle is usually hit or miss. Luckily, CJ isn't a RB that flourished up the middle, so therefore, I would assume that he has another relatively quiet day.

Vince on the other hand... He can make magic happen out of nothing. I'm scared that we won't be able to pressure him into making mistakes, and that he'll use his legs to bail his team out. Our DBs better be VERY disciplined and stay with their assignments.

When we're on offense, we can't let Tennessee force turnovers on us.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Ah ****. I shudder at having to face Randy Moss again, and in Minnesota of all places. Damn you New England.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

The vikings aren't good. This move won't win them a superbowl, theyll lose good draft picks for it, and after this year they will have no QB. After this year.. the vikings are screwed. Aaron Rodgers will own that division for the next decade.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The vikings aren't good. This move won't win them a superbowl, theyll lose good draft picks for it, and after this year they will have no QB. After this year.. the vikings are screwed. Aaron Rodgers will own that division for the next decade.
Lol, they're struggling...just like the Boys, but to say they aren't "good" is really being dishonest man. They were 31 points better than us last year, and that's without Moss. If Rice comes back healthy, they should be every bit as capable of making noise in the playoffs. I don't think Favre makes it through the season, and that's my only saving grace, but otherwise, they still look like a contender in the NFC. Pretty easily. AP has been down right beastly the past few games, and with Moss stretching the field....Egghkkkk, I hate to think of what they're capable of. They pretty much outplayed the Saints in the Conference finals, and came within a first down of playing in the SB. They'll be formidable:(

Those horns....those horns:( They take me to a dark place....
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's Moss man. MOSS! The name that has haunted every Cowboy fan, player, and coach for over 12 years now. When he plays the Cowboys, he always brings his A-game and they've yet to beat him. I fear that man a lot.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

delete post

Last edited by LizardState : 10-06-2010 at 01:34 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote