Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who should Be Number 2?
Oregon Ducks 30 52.63%
Ohio State Buckeyes 27 47.37%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Which is fine, I don't think Pryor has any business being in the Heisman chase. Also, you are ignoring total performance in the game (70 yds = subpar if you are going to say you are owning someone in a loss vs 233 yds = average in a win.)

You must be fun at parties.
But you're playing the "let's remove the big plays to help my case" argument. Why can't I do the same?

I'm awesome at parties, thank you. It's probably time for you to come up with a new line, though. It's only the 17th time you've used that.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
taking away 47% of 230 still leaves over 100 yards passing, on a rainy day to boot.
OH MY GOD? 100 yards? Wow. ******* superstar passer over here. Man, what a stud.

Quote:
Also, no one going around posting Terrelle Pryor>>>>>>>Miami.
Um, considering the fact that every Buckeye fan is using the Miami game as an indicator of Pryor's superior development as a passer and as a reason for his supremacy over the world, it's about the same.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
But you're playing the "let's remove the big plays to help my case" argument. Why can't I do the same?

I'm awesome at parties, thank you. It's probably time for you to come up with a new line, though. It's only the 17th time you've used that.
That was the first time I've used that joke. I made fun of you living in your mom's basement before :)

No, I was using the argument "70 yards is pretty damn average, and I agree with others that it looks worse when you take out one long run on an otherwise crappy day."

And stop with the hyperbole, not every Buckeye fan thinks TP is the end all be all. I thought he looked pretty average that day. If Miami DBs had hands, the game might have been a bit scary/bad.

The fact is, TP is an amazing athlete and an OK QB. I actually think Denard has a great short range pass, and a pretty good medium range ball. I will take TP in the bomb department, but it's not far and away.

Running I think Denard is much more dynamic, able to cut up and hit a tiny hole where there shouldn't be one. He can also house it. TP is more of a giant fast guy, someone that I'd rather have on 4th and 1.

Imagine TP and Denard running the wildcat. That would well nigh unstoppable.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Oregon has given up like 1000+ yards and 62 points the last two weeks and they should move up in the rankings? If they play a team with a front seven like Alabama's or Ohio State's they won't put up those gaudy offensive stats. I just don't follow the logic and they won't and shouldn't get in the NC game over OSU if both go undefeated I am certain of that.
I hate Oregon but i think beating a top 5 caliber team in Stanford trumps OSU beating Miami.

As for the numbers you can play that game all day and i'm not sure how much it means, Oregon has only given up 75 points all year and teams tend to give up yards in games when 2nd and 3rd stringers are out there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with Oregon being number two.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um, considering the fact that every Buckeye fan is using the Miami game as an indicator of Pryor's superior development as a passer and as a reason for his supremacy over the world, it's about the same.
When have you ever seen me praise Pryor as a passer, let alone his development as one?
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OH MY GOD? 100 yards? Wow. ******* superstar passer over here. Man, what a stud.

Well 120 yards after you take away 47% isn't bad on a rainy ****** day, especially considering he was trying to throw down field every play since 8 guys were in the box. And people aren't just using the Miami game to show Pryor's progress, they're using every game since January 1st and it's pretty evident.