Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-06-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
The vikings aren't good. This move won't win them a superbowl, theyll lose good draft picks for it, and after this year they will have no QB. After this year.. the vikings are screwed. Aaron Rodgers will own that division for the next decade.
No but it gives extra picks to NE in the early rounds of the next draft.

Once more the devil aka Bellicick has manipulated it such that anyone looking to move up for a beloved player will have to make that Faustian bargain with him. Happens almost every yr, every draft. And this is a team that has this one guy who's their HC, OC AND DC, is anyone that good? Maybe just that ruthless & cunning.

Quote:
Threaten Garrett, if need be. haha.
Failing a bitchslap, what Jerry should do with Garrett is call him into a 1 on 1 meeting with no warning 5 mins. before KO, handcuff him to a row of lockers, show him the key & say You'll get this key in 3 hrs. F it, let Romo call the plays at the line & in the huddle.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
It's Moss man. MOSS! The name that has haunted every Cowboy fan, player, and coach for over 12 years now. When he plays the Cowboys, he always brings his A-game and they've yet to beat him. I fear that man a lot.
Dez Bryant now cancels that out.

I'm sorry, Im just not a believer in the Vikings.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no reason anyone in here should not be afraid of the Vikes, sorry but our team just is not good enough for people to not be afraid of a team as talented as them. We lost to Washing & Chicago, I bet we lose to two other non-playoff teams we have no business losing to. We are fine when are backs are against the wall, but we can easily get ran over by Minny.

If were talking on paper sure, we have a great argument, but games aren't played there. They are played on the field, where we commit a ton of penalities and when we get down 10 points in the 1st quarter Garrett scraps the gameplan and turns us into a UFL team with 6 WR sets. I don't think the Vikes are better then us, because while Moss kills us traditionally we do well vs Favre(though he did eat us up in the playoffs with Rice).

I just see no reason to act like we are clearly better then anyone when every Sunday, you have no idea which team will show up. The one who played the Texans, or the one who played the Redskins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
There is no reason anyone in here should not be afraid of the Vikes, sorry but our team just is not good enough for people to not be afraid of a team as talented as them. We lost to Washing & Chicago, I bet we lose to two other non-playoff teams we have no business losing to. We are fine when are backs are against the wall, but we can easily get ran over by Minny.

If were talking on paper sure, we have a great argument, but games aren't played there. They are played on the field, where we commit a ton of penalities and when we get down 10 points in the 1st quarter Garrett scraps the gameplan and turns us into a UFL team with 6 WR sets. I don't think the Vikes are better then us, because while Moss kills us traditionally we do well vs Favre(though he did eat us up in the playoffs with Rice).

I just see no reason to act like we are clearly better then anyone when every Sunday, you have no idea which team will show up. The one who played the Texans, or the one who played the Redskins.
Exactly. Especially since they made us wipe their asses in the playoffs last year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I am a believer in history/stats, so being winless against moss does actually give me an uneasy feeling about that game now..
Old 10-06-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Well it looks like Felix will be getting the ball more, here you go M.O.T.H.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I find interesting is the breakdown they did on btb. 5 of felix's most explosive plays came from the 22 set...aka 2rb 2te....heavy running formations. Yet this year we are spreading them and pulling on almost all of his runs. I understand the concept but the proof is in the pudding. I just bring this up to see if anyone else read them...I'm definitely open to debate this topic harder if anyone is up for it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The thing I find interesting is the breakdown they did on btb. 5 of felix's most explosive plays came from the 22 set...aka 2rb 2te....heavy running formations. Yet this year we are spreading them and pulling on almost all of his runs. I understand the concept but the proof is in the pudding. I just bring this up to see if anyone else read them...I'm definitely open to debate this topic harder if anyone is up for it.
If there is a whole, Felix will hit it. I don't really no what else there is to argue. I know with the bye week things were a bit slow, but jesus this is overkill.

And we all know im superstitious... curse of pick number 22 anyone? That's why secretly I got a boner when we took Jenkins with 25. I had no problem with that.

Harvin's head is gonna fall off his shoulders at any moment and explode, and Felix "suddenly can't gain a yard in the NFL."

Hmmm...
Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I saw the article and skimmed through it. So what is to discuss? That Felix can only be successful out of those sets? Or that Garrett is getting worse as a coordinator? Or that Felix isn't the same? Or that unless we go back to that then Felix will continue to struggle?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I saw the article and skimmed through it. So what is to discuss? That Felix can only be successful out of those sets? Or that Garrett is getting worse as a coordinator? Or that Felix isn't the same? Or that unless we go back to that then Felix will continue to struggle?
Felix hasn't been running out of those sets is the problem? Garrett has almost ran him exclusively out of spread formations this year to get him in space. But the stats directly backup that felix is most dynamic from power running sets where if he gets past the first level he's gone...vs spread formations where he doesn't just have one line to bust through. Garrett has restricted Barber to the heavy running sets...and since I'm assuming he was hurt and didn't have any burst last year that Felix took more snaps in his place...this year MB3 is healthy and Garrett has regressed going back to what he believes works best. Clearly he isn't getting the most out of felix. Also interesting to note that we run the ball at our best when we line up and play man on man and ask our guys to win one on ones. Pulling LD and Holland this year has been disastrous for us...and those are the times Felix usually gets his carries. For a Princeton grad these are rudimentary things to pick up on and for w/e reason he's too stuck up to admit that something isn't working and it's taking him atleast 4 weeks to get one of our most dynamic offensive weapons going...maybe longer depending on how sunday unfolds.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I really think Garrett is on the hot seat despite the thought that he's considered bulletproof by Jerry. There's too much weapons on the team for us to be failing in the offense department.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voice of reason-Felix is fine. No one should doubt him. He is explosive.

We will be fine this week. We are better than the Titans. Talent wise, it is not close.

Dont sweat this. 28-13 cowboys.

yes. I am cocky. But I see no reason to be anything but cocky. Look at the rosters, Talent alone-we are better in almost every way.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post

We will be fine this week. We are better than the Titans. Talent wise, it is not close.

yes. I am cocky. But I see no reason to be anything but cocky. Look at the rosters, Talent alone-we are better in almost every way.
I'm not afraid of this game either for some reason. Maybe I should be? meh.

I was terrified for Game 3, the Boys got my confidence back! Garrett scares me, but maybe we can win despite his sabotaging ways.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:43 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL

Talent isn't what will get us across the line. Otherwise we would have made the superbowl last year.

We need to not have our Offence shut down because of complete inability on the O Coordinator's part.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm not afraid of this game either for some reason. Maybe I should be? meh.

I was terrified for Game 3, the Boys got my confidence back! Garrett scares me, but maybe we can win despite his sabotaging ways.
Confidence is good, hopefully the bye wk. & beating the hottest team in the NFL will restore a whole bunch of that on the team.

Another positive note for Sunday: I see by my morning ppr that CBS is putting the Titans @ Dallas game on at 1 PM PDT. Once more on the national stage, but this one's at home at Jerryworld. Garrett will have his chance to atone for the Washington fiasco.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
I gotta be honest and say I felt kinda insulted after reading moths post that I can only assume was in reply to me. The tone at the end was a bit harsh and seemed to group me in with all the stupid cowboys fans from Texas. Now maybe I'm the stupid one and totally misinterpreted it as it is almost 2 am in Central time zone. I certainly think it's fair to question the wisdom of an Jerry move really. I also think it's fair to question a pick like Felix who is basically a niche player especially considering the moderate success of mendenhall and the incredible success of Johnson. And I really don't want to hear about how nobody saw CJ's success coming out of a relatively small school. It's not like the cowboys haven't had success with smaller school guys in past. One could never really prove it but given Jerry's personality would anyone be surprised if the ultimate determining factor was that they went to the same school?

Funny thing is, remember as a rookie, and even into the 2nd season, everyone was so happy that we didn't take Mendenhall because he was so trash, injury prone, slow, sucked, etc etc. Thank god we took Felix. Now it's back the other way. Thing is, no matter who we took, Barber, for whatever reason would still be dominating the carries here. It's hard to look better then what Felix has in a limited role but Barber still dominates.

If we drafted Mendy, the smart thing would have been to trade Barber, but I bet we wouldn't have. Same thing for CJ, we can't really be happy or upset until Felix is our legit starter and gets 20 carries a week.

I just don't like to play the "we should have taken this guy" game for too long, because every team can do that after every draft and find better picks. It happens. I was in the Chris Johnson bandwagon strongly, with a group of other Boys fans here, Paul, and some others I'm forgetting I know. Some wanted Felix, some wanted Mendy, I think me and D and Metsox wanted Charles in the 2nd round too.

It was a ridiculous RB class and talented guys everywhere, I don't think we got a bad player with Felix at all after seeing what he can do, so I don't think the hindsight game is worth it, we just have to wait and see what we have when Barber is gone. Seeing Felix in the playoff game though, I honestly don't think Mendenhall is really that much of a better player. CJ of course he is IMO and always was, but Felix is really good but it's too hard to judge until he's our starter.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Funny thing is, remember as a rookie, and even into the 2nd season, everyone was so happy that we didn't take Mendenhall because he was so trash, injury prone, slow, sucked, etc etc. Thank god we took Felix. Now it's back the other way. Thing is, no matter who we took, Barber, for whatever reason would still be dominating the carries here. It's hard to look better then what Felix has in a limited role but Barber still dominates.

If we drafted Mendy, the smart thing would have been to trade Barber, but I bet we wouldn't have. Same thing for CJ, we can't really be happy or upset until Felix is our legit starter and gets 20 carries a week.

I just don't like to play the "we should have taken this guy" game for too long, because every team can do that after every draft and find better picks. It happens. I was in the Chris Johnson bandwagon strongly, with a group of other Boys fans here, Paul, and some others I'm forgetting I know. Some wanted Felix, some wanted Mendy, I think me and D and Metsox wanted Charles in the 2nd round too.

It was a ridiculous RB class and talented guys everywhere, I don't think we got a bad player with Felix at all after seeing what he can do, so I don't think the hindsight game is worth it, we just have to wait and see what we have when Barber is gone. Seeing Felix in the playoff game though, I honestly don't think Mendenhall is really that much of a better player. CJ of course he is IMO and always was, but Felix is really good but it's too hard to judge until he's our starter.
I wanted Charles because all we needed was a change of pace guy. That's what Felix was supposed to be too. That's what he's good at too. The problem is people wanted to see more of that. So now they wanted him as the main back and not the change of pace back. I think people are fooling themselves if they think Felix can rip off big runs every time he touches the ball as an every down back. With fresh legs, as a change of pace guy, that is more achievable... like he showed us in the past. As an every down back? Doubtful. Now he's bulked up, and hasn't looked the same despite getting the same amount of carries that he had in the past. Where is the guy we used to see in the same amount of limited carries? Well, there's the scheme excuse, the "not being used enough" excuse, and the "Barber is the favorite back" excuse, and "he does look the same, only penalties eliminated his success".. etc etc... He's gotten every excuse you want to hear. Supporters saying the added bulk hasn't changed. Hopefully, that's true. He's about to get his chance, so we'll see if he will deliver. We're about to find out THIS week... and Wade/Garrett/Jerry have all indicated that Felix will see the ball a lot more. I want to see the old Felix. Alls I know is that he gave us a reason to be excited about him in the past, and we want to see that guy. Get his ass on KR too. AOA is a joke.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-08-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Me too, but for some reason I feel like it's the same old talk we always hear. I wanna see him get the rock more to judge if he looks slower, or the same, whatever. I just don't buy it personally until I see it. I doubt Felix gets 15 touches, and will gladly eat crow if he does, but if I were a betting man I'd say he'll get the ball as much as he has been.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Predictions?

I got 27-17, cowboys.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

If they use the run to set the pass up like they're supposed to with a team built like Dallas is, I say 31-24 Cowboys b/c Tennessee has had problems stopping the run.

And I think Young can be counted on for a few gifts too if they are forced into too many 3rd & longs vs. the Dallas nickel/dime pkgs. Young has been known to throw a pick party or 2.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I know it's kinda blasphemy to criticize Felix but I think they took him off kick returns because he started running tentatively almost like he was scared to get hurt again and have to miss more time. I certainly don't have stats in front of me but the eye ball test said he wasn't quite the same as a kick returner either. Having said that tho I certainly don't think it would hurt to give him a 2nd & maybe 3rd chance at it.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scandrick bitching to the ref mid play....genius.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LOL. Remember when everyone was acting like they weren't afraid of the Vikes like were just a team you can rely on? Yeaaaa....

We came out of a bye week looking so prepared right guys? WTF is going on with pass coverage?? I musta forgot, thought we were playing the Saints for a minute and Drew Brees, not VY.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Jason Williams though, huh? Dude got up there and deflects a pass, and it's still caught. ugh.

The zones are incredibly soft, being exposed right now. Just throw it over the middle, over LBs, in front of our below average safety duo. All day.

And we're not getting to VY all that much. Titans are picking damn near everything up. I'm still not worried, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-10-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

4 first quarter carries for Felix. Career high? lol

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS