Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-22-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm just really skeptical of all of UT's players coming into the draft. They just don't have a good track record of being ready.
Yeah, people generally love them as prospects and overrate them, but in the NFL... they frequently fizzle. It's really hit or miss. Most times it's the ones drafted outside of Round 1 that turn out to be better players. To the point that I'd rather have a Longhorns player if they are not being talked about as 1st rounders.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you.

I think we need to try everything we can to get a difference maker at safety this year, assuming there is one.

I think we have to address the interior OL after that. If we could come out of the first 2 rounds with some combination of Moore, D. Williams, McDaniel, Wisnewski, Pouncy Cannon and Ijlana - I think we would be in good shape.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol I know the difference between Curtis and Chykie Brown it's not a new team to me or anything. And I stand by my comments while disagreeing completely with yours.

He's not anywhere near as bad as you make it seem because I've read numerous scouting reports from the end of last year, up to this month that have all three guys with a very solid chance to go in the 1st round. Chykie has been the most impressive corner to be personally, and I'll stand by those comments until I see something that shows me otherwise.
My bad, i wasn't trying to sound like i was insulting your knowledge of the team, i was just completely baffled that you rate Chykie so highly.

Have you been watching him this season? What about him has impressed you so much that you rate him higher than arguably the best CB in CFB? He has played pretty badly, and last year he wasn't very good either. Aaron Williams blankets everyone he's on, and has playmaking ability. Curtis Brown is another guy that's shutting WRs out, again, completely better than Chykie is.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just really skeptical of all of UT's players coming into the draft. They just don't have a good track record of being ready.
UT has hits and misses just like any other school that produces a ton of talent. When you have as many high touted recruits as Texas does your gonna have alot of players drafted, so it's different then with a smaller College that may not have as many sought after prospects so when one comes along he ends up really good.

I could list a ton of bust for UT, but I could double that list for you with All Pro's and Pro Bowlers and guys you would love to have on your team. Same for USC, same for Florida, same for Penn St. and Ohio St. It just doesn't make sense to knock a guy because of what school he came from, you have to grade out a guy on his own basis.

Just like alot of people wanted to be lazy and knock Percy Harvin because he was a Florida WR, or say any USC player is lazy and unprepared when Mathews and Cushing are two of the best young LB's in the game right now.

Earl Thomas, Brian Orakpo, Jermichael Finley are 3 of the most recent UT players who came out and came out early and will all 3 be top 5 at their positions in 3 years IMO. If you just looked at them without trying to see if they could play or not, and just said you didn't want them because of what school they went to, you missed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm tired of having a secondary that doesn't create turnovers. Jenkins is our only playmaker.
Agreed 200%, it really pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
My bad, i wasn't trying to sound like i was insulting your knowledge of the team, i was just completely baffled that you rate Chykie so highly.

Have you been watching him this season? What about him has impressed you so much that you rate him higher than arguably the best CB in CFB? He has played pretty badly, and last year he wasn't very good either. Aaron Williams blankets everyone he's on, and has playmaking ability. Curtis Brown is another guy that's shutting WRs out, again, completely better than Chykie is.

I don't know why, again I've read from countless sites that Chykie Brown is a fringe 1st rounder, and at worst a 3rd rounder. I didn't even find this info out until a few weeks ago when everytime an Aaron Williams post/thread came up I said maybe I was crazy but the most impressive UT corner for me was Chykie Brown. So I did some research and read that alot of scouts were just as high on him as the other two guys.

I don't still have those sites, I can try and look for them or any other scouting reports, but everytime I watched Chykie impressed me the most. He's got really long arms and can knock passes down with ease, he's got great size and can run with WR's step for step, physical, has all the tools you want to see in a #1 CB, biggest problems I've seen is that he's not nearly as consistent in his play as Aaron Williams.

But hey I'm not knocking who is a better prospect or anything, but Chykie Brown has always just looked better to me in the games I've seen and while I'm inclined to change that opinion over the course of the season when I watch more games(which I have said in other threads, that this is now and I still want to see more of all 3 and rank them again after the year).

I don't mind being called crazy, just no point in me being a sheep and saying I like Aaron Williams more because everyone else does and he's the better prospect if that's not how I really feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After another week of watching Longhorn football, Chykie Browns play wasn't very good and Aaron Williams was causing fumbles and seemed to have his name called all game. Chykie also gave up the an easy 3rd down hitch towards the end of the game where he looked clueless.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These are some of the best guys to keep your eyes on this year. I bolded the ones I have a personal preference to. You might notice that I'm not on McDaniel's jock strap like everyone else. Just like I wasn't with Eric Berry and William Moore the year before.

--- SENIORS ---

DeAndre McDaniel, 6-0, 215 - Clemson - Projected Round: 1

Quinton Carter, 6-1, 195 - Oklahoma - Projected Round: 2

Deunta Williams, 6-1, 210 - UNC - Projected Round: 2/3

Jeron Johnson, 5-10, 195 - Boise St - Projected Round: 2/3

Jaiquan Jarrett, 6-0, 197 - Temple - Projected Round: 3

--- JUNIORS ---

Rahim Moore, 6-1, 195 - UCLA - Projected Round: 1

Robert Sands, 6-4, 221 - West Virginia - Projected Round: 2

Mark Barron, 6-2, 210 - Alabama - Projected Round: 2
Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
These are some of the best guys to keep your eyes on this year. I bolded the ones I have a personal preference to. You might notice that I'm not on McDaniel's jock strap like everyone else. Just like I wasn't with Eric Berry and William Moore the year before.

--- SENIORS ---

DeAndre McDaniel, 6-0, 215 - Clemson - Projected Round: 1

Quinton Carter, 6-1, 195 - Oklahoma - Projected Round: 2

Deunta Williams, 6-1, 210 - UNC - Projected Round: 2/3

Jeron Johnson, 5-10, 195 - Boise St - Projected Round: 2/3

Jaiquan Jarrett, 6-0, 197 - Temple - Projected Round: 3

--- JUNIORS ---

Rahim Moore, 6-1, 195 - UCLA - Projected Round: 1

Robert Sands, 6-4, 221 - West Virginia - Projected Round: 2

Mark Barron, 6-2, 210 - Alabama - Projected Round: 2
Quinton Carter SUCKS!!!!! Take it from a OU fan.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Quinton Carter SUCKS!!!!! Take it from a OU fan.
OK, I will. :D

So who watched the Texas/UCLA game? Anyone take note of Rahim Moore?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't remember Moore making too many plays or hearing his name called and I kept getting confused with which one he was. Now, Ayers on the other hand, wow that dude had a hell of a game. He is going to make a team real happy next year.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did try to pay attention to Moore. He wasn't involved much, but I think that was a product of UT sucking and UCLA controlling the clock.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-01-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

The safety want may not be in this class, unfortunetly. In that case, C/OG all day. If jerry rejects it this year, we might just have to accept that it isn't happening. Ever.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Round 1 - DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama (6'3, 318 )
I've been wanting an upgrade at DE for too long now. I don't think it's our number 1 need, but I think Dareus is a complete stud and he's my #1 3-4 DE prospect in the draft.

Round 2 - OT James Brewer, Indiana (6'8, 339)
Nobody is talking about this guy yet, but they will. He is a mammoth OL and projects as a RT in the NFL. He plays with a high intensity level and is finally playing well after dealing with injuries. Addressing OT in FA is way too costly, so I suspect the draft would be a good option here starting from Round 2 because we all know Round 1 isn't going to be something Jerry uses his first rounder on.

Round 3 - S Jeron Johnson, Boise St (5'10, 195)
His stock is all over the board. No one is talking about him as a 1st rounder, but I have seen him being ranking in the 5th-6th round range which I think is too low right now. He's considered a little undersized, but I like the way he flies around the field.

Round 4 - OG/C Steve Schilling, Michigan (6'5, 304)
Schilling is a co-captain of the Wolverines this year. He's moved to OG after playing C. This is exactly the kind of versatility that we need. Fixing the OL is imperative this year, so spending 2 out of our first 4 picks on the OL would be a welcomed thing.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-05-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I would like that draft. I don't know much about Schilling yet, but my question would be is he a pure center? I think we need a pure center.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-11-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Round 1 - DeAndre McDaniel, S Clemson
I really don't like mocking us with OL in the first round. It goes against every fiber of my being because I know Jerry won't do it. If I did, I'd be giving us Derrick Sherrod here because he's a beast and we need someone badly because Columbo is D-O-N-E, DONE. But I will go with a guy who I think would fancy Jerry more. We need stops in our deep secondary and the Tennessee game exploited that in the worst way. McDaniel is not having the greatest start to the season, and I don't even believe in him 100%, but we have to stop the bleeding and he's the consensus top guy.

Round 2 - Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin
Carimi was once considered a sure fire first rounder, but has seen his stock drop some as his game has become over analyzed. His knocks are that he is not seen as athletically gifted as some of the other tackle prospects and is not considered an ideal candidate at LT. That's great for us as Free is our LT for the next decade. Carimi at RT for the next decade sounds like a great bookend tandem. He may not be the classic blue chipper, but he still comes from great breeding grounds as Wisconsin has been an awesome pipeline for NFL offensive linemen.

Round 3 - Kendrick Ellis, DT Hampton
Hampton is 6'5", 340 pounds, but he is much more suited to line up as a 3-4 DE than NT in the pros. For one, he has a strong penetrating attack mentality, and two, he doesn't play at a low enough pad level critical to succeeding in the middle. Needless to say he's tearing up the lower level competition like a man amongst boys, and it's at such an eye popping rate that his value here is more than justified. He could be a high riser as the draft approaches.

Round 4 - John Moffitt, OG Wisconsin
If we got both Carimi and Moffitt, the chemistry would be instant and that would be advantageous for us if we plan to play them right away. Moffitt will make some team happy for drafting him. He's one of those guys that will play in the NFL for a very long time. Now all we need to do is draft John Clay in 2012! :)
Old 10-11-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McDaniel has a nfl body...but he has been burned badly multiple times this year...he's a tough guy to grade. I like him and think he can be a stud...but I'm not sold on him yet either.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Round 1 - DeAndre McDaniel, S Clemson
I really don't like mocking us with OL in the first round. It goes against every fiber of my being because I know Jerry won't do it. If I did, I'd be giving us Derrick Sherrod here because he's a beast and we need someone badly because Columbo is D-O-N-E, DONE. But I will go with a guy who I think would fancy Jerry more. We need stops in our deep secondary and the Tennessee game exploited that in the worst way. McDaniel is not having the greatest start to the season, and I don't even believe in him 100%, but we have to stop the bleeding and he's the consensus top guy.

Round 2 - Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin
Carimi was once considered a sure fire first rounder, but has seen his stock drop some as his game has become over analyzed. His knocks are that he is not seen as athletically gifted as some of the other tackle prospects and is not considered an ideal candidate at LT. That's great for us as Free is our LT for the next decade. Carimi at RT for the next decade sounds like a great bookend tandem. He may not be the classic blue chipper, but he still comes from great breeding grounds as Wisconsin has been an awesome pipeline for NFL offensive linemen.

Round 3 - Kendrick Ellis, DT Hampton
Hampton is 6'5", 340 pounds, but he is much more suited to line up as a 3-4 DE than NT in the pros. For one, he has a strong penetrating attack mentality, and two, he doesn't play at a low enough pad level critical to succeeding in the middle. Needless to say he's tearing up the lower level competition like a man amongst boys, and it's at such an eye popping rate that his value here is more than justified. He could be a high riser as the draft approaches.

Round 4 - John Moffitt, OG Wisconsin
If we got both Carimi and Moffitt, the chemistry would be instant and that would be advantageous for us if we plan to play them right away. Moffitt will make some team happy for drafting him. He's one of those guys that will play in the NFL for a very long time. Now all we need to do is draft John Clay in 2012! :)
You like McDaniel better than Moore?

Otherwise, I think this would be a a very good start. In fact, I would love to try and land Mankins and roll with

Free
Mankins
Geroude - delay replacement one more year
Moffitt
Carimi

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are going to be picking to early in the 1st round for a safety. That is unless there is an elite safety out there I haven't heard about yet.

Positions I would be happy to get some help at would be
Anywhere along the OL besides LT.
DE
CB
S

Since it is unlikely we go OL in the first, and I don't like the value of safety where I think we will be picking I am gonna go with corner.

Aaron Williams-Newman wont be around a whole lot longer, and Scandrick is definitely not a guy I want starting.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Sure would be nice if we started to hear some things as the year goes by that AOA is starting adjust and look good in practice. He would be nice to have at safety next year.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You like McDaniel better than Moore?

Otherwise, I think this would be a a very good start. In fact, I would love to try and land Mankins and roll with

Free
Mankins
Geroude - delay replacement one more year
Moffitt
Carimi
I don't know who Moore is actually. I like Mark Barron more though. This was more of just an exercise than a favorites kind of thing. I think Deunta Williams and Jeron Johnson will be in the conversation down the line. Deunta has been talked about as a 2nd rounder and Jeron as a 3rd. Scott has Jeron ranked higher than anyone I've seen so far. I like that. Can't wait to get a really good look at Jeron when Hawaii plays Boise.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Sure would be nice if we started to hear some things as the year goes by that AOA is starting adjust and look good in practice. He would be nice to have at safety next year.
I'm really ready to get him immediate playing time. The guys we have now are just invisible. He can't be any worse.

Even if he did pan out though, we'd still need another Safety.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
We are going to be picking to early in the 1st round for a safety. That is unless there is an elite safety out there I haven't heard about yet.

Positions I would be happy to get some help at would be
Anywhere along the OL besides LT.
DE
CB
S

Since it is unlikely we go OL in the first, and I don't like the value of safety where I think we will be picking I am gonna go with corner.

Aaron Williams-Newman wont be around a whole lot longer, and Scandrick is definitely not a guy I want starting.
I agree that we need to boost our cornerback position. I don't know if it's a first round need though. We have panic areas elsewhere. Newman hasn't been bad this year. But the good thing is that we should have a pretty deep CB class this year, so maybe we can address it later.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't know who Moore is actually. I like Mark Barron more though. This was more of just an exercise than a favorites kind of thing. I think Deunta Williams and Jeron Johnson will be in the conversation down the line. Deunta has been talked about as a 2nd rounder and Jeron as a 3rd. Scott has Jeron ranked higher than anyone I've seen so far. I like that. Can't wait to get a really good look at Jeron when Hawaii plays Boise.
Rahim Moore?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-12-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Rahim Moore?
Oh yeah!

You know... about that guy... I'm starting to reneg on him. He's just too finesse for my liking in a safety. Even if he is a ballhawk... I don't know. I'm not sold yet. He's frail and doesn't like to mix it up. As a run supporter, just forget about it. NFL backs will lay him out.

If AOA works for us it will be at FS. So I have my eye out for SS types who can lay the lumber, attack on blitzes and seal the deep secondary without being a liability. For me, that guy right now is Mark Barron.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh yeah!

You know... about that guy... I'm starting to reneg on him. He's just too finesse for my liking in a safety. Even if he is a ballhawk... I don't know. I'm not sold yet. He's frail and doesn't like to mix it up. As a run supporter, just forget about it. NFL backs will lay him out.

If AOA works for us it will be at FS. So I have my eye out for SS types who can lay the lumber, attack on blitzes and seal the deep secondary without being a liability. For me, that guy right now is Mark Barron.
The thing that confuses me with AOA is that is he really going to excel as a center fielder. I always had the thought that he excelled in man coverage...atleast thats the vibe I got listening to all the post-season hype on him last year. Now he has a nice build...I almost wonder if he wouldn't play the strong in Wades scheme because Sensy is almost exclusively in man coverage with TE's and running backs and thats what aoa is suppose to excell at. But that said when we go into our dime package currently Ball rolls down to be the dime back....ahhhh I'm just not sure what goes on back there.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This is sad, but fun at the same time.

This is my first Cowboys Big Board where I don't have to eliminate names who I think won't reach us. :(

1. DB Patrick Peterson
2. DE Nick Fairley
3. DE Adrian Clayborn
4. CB Prince Amukamara
5. DE Marcell Dareus
6. CB Brandon Harris
7. DE Allen Bailey
8. CB Aaron Williams
9. CB Janoris Jenkins
10. Trade Down

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-28-2010 at 02:58 PM.