Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-12-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Team KCJ58

PG: Deron Williams - Mike Conley
SG: OJ MAYO - James Harden - DeMar DeRozan
SF: Lamar Odom - Wesley Johnson(R)
PF: Kevin Garnett - Derrick Favors(R)
C: Channing Fyre - Brendan Heywood

IR: C Mehmet Okur & PG/SG Rodrique Beaubois
Who did you spend your money on?

I guess Deron and Mayo, but I don't really like the rest of your team. It's not bad, but I guess you're relying on some breakout seasons from a bunch of guys. If it works out, you'll be good. If it doesn't, you be out of the playoff hunt.

Player I wanted most on your team was probably Frye. If you want to trade him let me know. You outbid me by a buck and I was restricted on going any higher. Nice steal, young grass hopper.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
The Michigan DenardRobinsons

PG: Jose Calderon :: Luke Ridnour :: Earl Watson
SG: Wilson Chandler :: Raja Bell :: Mickael Pietrus :: Tracy McGrady
SF: Kevin Durant :: Tayshaun Prince :: Andres Nocioni
PF: Elton Brand :: Greg Monroe
C: Al Horford :: Samuel Dalembert

$215 for Durant. At least it's a 20-team keeper league.
I see 2 keepers, Durant and Horford... not bad.

You really sold out for Durant, but congratulations on winning the bid and getting the guy you wanted most. I was impressed by all the high bidding, but was content to stay away. So I will be interested to see how all you high bidders (the ones that spent over $150 on a single player) do this season, to see if that was a good decision or not. The depth as a result is pretty bad. Your backcourt is ugly, and your frontcourt depth is very shallow. No matter how good of a season Durant has, I don't think this is a championship caliber team.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You bastard. You overbid me for Howard! It's all good though. I was able to make better use of my money. Enjoy him!

You did a very good of job filling in the rest considering how much money you had left. Got some nice deals, but why the heck did you pay so much for Richard Jefferson?

In the end, you have 1 keeper in a 3 keeper league, so that hurts you going forward. Your starters look like backups on most other teams, but you do have a strong depth to make use of.

Good luck!

It was my first auction and Richard Jefferson was the first person I got. I had no idea how to spend my money. I don't like getting him, but at least he should be consistent for me and I know what I'll be getting.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
damn harder to draft with 20 teams. ive never done more than 12 in any fantasy league. should be interesting.

Team Not Kwame

PG - Devin Harris / Jrue Holliday
SG - Kobe Bryant / Marcus Thornton / JJ Reddick
SF - Hedo / CJ Miles / Al Farouq Aminu
PF - Anthony Randolph / Amir Johnson / Tiago Splitter / Drew Gooden / Ed Davis
C - Spencer Hawes / Anthony Randolph

I love me some Anthony Randolph this year. I expect big things going forward from Holliday and Thornton and Kobe is king. A lot of people down on Harris from last year but he picked it up the later part of the year and I think he is going to revert back more towards his play from 2 years ago now that he is healthy. Taking a chance on Hedo turning things back around in a new setting and probably need some better depth at center but I think I've got some room to make a move or two and be all set.
I didn't know that this was your team! I thought you where the team with John Wall in the name of it. No wonder you were kind of a pest during the draft! lol. Got a lot of guys I had my own eye on... Jrue Holliday, Anthony Randolph especially. ...you just had to overbid my $1 bid on Redick too, didn't you! Jerk.... ;)

Very good PG combo. Kobe will have another monster year. I think the injury is overplayed. Dude has a competitive fire unlike any except Jordan. SFs are bleh. Aminu is a nice sleeper. He's had some nice preseason games. I like Tiago Splitter too, but I don't think he'll be a fantasy star. Amir Johnson has some promise. He had a nice last month to the season last year. Gooden is consistent, I just don't like his game at all. Hawes is... eeewe.

Overall, I think it's a solid team.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to make a few changes but this is what i gots...

PG :: Rajon Rondo | George Hill | Jose Juan Barea
SG :: Jason Richardson | Mike Miller | Roger Mason
SF :: Trevor Ariza | Mike Miller | Carlos Delfino
PF :: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Al Harrington
C :: Al Jefferson

a few guys i don't have listed bc i plan on releasing them

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Raymond Felton could develop into a keeper.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-12-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
It was my first auction and Richard Jefferson was the first person I got. I had no idea how to spend my money. I don't like getting him, but at least he should be consistent for me and I know what I'll be getting.
Well I can say this... auction drafts are nearly impossible to prepare for because each one is different and you never know where the threshold is going to be. I had no idea Durant was going to go for $215! Or Howard for $200+. So in that respect, it's hard to prepare for how much you will spend on a player. You basically have to wing it and go with your gut. There are different strategies involved. For some, they were going with the "I'm getting my star keeper!"... for others it was getting "bang for the buck"... and for others like Brodeur, it was like "I'm going make sure I have a lot of leftover money!" lmao
Old 10-12-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't know that this was your team! I thought you where the team with John Wall in the name of it. No wonder you were kind of a pest during the draft! lol. Got a lot of guys I had my own eye on... Jrue Holliday, Anthony Randolph especially. ...you just had to overbid my $1 bid on Redick too, didn't you! Jerk.... ;)

Very good PG combo. Kobe will have another monster year. I think the injury is overplayed. Dude has a competitive fire unlike any except Jordan. SFs are bleh. Aminu is a nice sleeper. He's had some nice preseason games. I like Tiago Splitter too, but I don't think he'll be a fantasy star. Amir Johnson has some promise. He had a nice last month to the season last year. Gooden is consistent, I just don't like his game at all. Hawes is... eeewe.

Overall, I think it's a solid team.
I'm really hoping that one of Amir/Ed Davis step up in Bosh's place in Toronto so that I can slide Randolph into my starting C spot. Amir has a great oppurtunity with Davis' injury and should get plenty of minutes early to prove himself.

I'm not in love with my SFs either but I think Hedo should be better than last year in Phoenix's high paced/high scoring offense and CJ Miles has been pretty impressive in the minutes he's getting. Don't sleep on CJ this year. He's listed as SF for some reason in the fantasy league (which is great for me) even though he's pegged to start st SG for Utah right now and he's shooting the ball great.

I told you I only outbid you for reddick cause I was pissed you took Blatche from me. I despise Reddick but I wouldnt be surprised if he started over Vince by the mid point of the season.

And FYI, John Wall is Not Kwame Brown.

Last edited by DiG : 10-12-2010 at 03:16 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think the funniest part was when everyone had 2 million left per slot Brodeur still had 11.5, and he made sure we knew it too but then left 16 million unused.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-12-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
PG: Ty Lawson/Lou Williams
SG: Dwyane Wade/JR Smith/Jason Terry
SF: Vince Carter/Ron Artest/Evan Turner
PF: David West/Andrei Kirilenko/Boris Diaw
C: Marc Gasol/Andris Biedrins/Chris Andersen

I have a point guard problem.
I think you had a comment for every player taken. That was awesome! I love having you in live drafts. Makes it fun for everyone... even if you tried to foil my bids and get others to drive up my price!

Good luck with those PGs... yikes. Just remember.... $16 left over. :D

Wade was not worth the cost, imo. He's always missing time with injury. Hamstring injuries linger... you should know that being a football fan.

LOL@getting JR Smith you were trying to tell me is a crappy shooter in the NBA thread. He'll be fine player for you. Terry is consistent too. Does he have PG eligibility? That would help you out a lot.

Aren't you a Carter hater? Why did you pursue him? Maybe I'm mistaking you for someone else. Artest was a good buy. As was Evans. He was the player I wanted most on your team. I tried my best to win the bid for him, but let you win out as I had back up ideas and others I had my eye on.

David West went cheap, so kudos for that one. Your frontcourt should be fine. Enough to compete, but I wouldn't expect you do dominate with them.

If you spent your leftover $16 to get a guy like LaMarcus Aldridge who went for $15, you would've been golden. ;)
Old 10-12-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I think the funniest part was when everyone had 2 million left per slot Brodeur still had 11.5, and he made sure we knew it too but then left 16 million unused.
You mean $2 left for slot? Yeah... I tried to make him feel bad about it too. :D

The thing is... Brodeur ALWAYS leaves a lot of leftover money, but he never learns.

I think he likes the feeling of knowing he has the bid hammer, but then he never knows when the right time is of throwing it down.

I had the hammer for a while, but when my guys I had my eye on were being nominated, I made sure I got them. That's why I beat Brodeur for Collison and now he has crappy PGs.

Next year, Brodeur will do the same thing. :D

I love you B! ;)
Old 10-12-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PG: Russell Westbrook/Jerryd Bayless
SG: Joe Johnson/Ronnie Brewer/Gordan Hayward
SF: Travis Outlaw/Quentin Richardson/Josh Howard
PF: Zach Randolph/Tyler Hansbrough/Craig Smith
C: Andrea Bargnani/Jordan Hill/Ryan Hollins

Really lacking in real star power...I had to make do. But it is what it is. haha. They may look a little weak, but i dont hate it, exactly. My depth is really poor in comparison to most, though. I still think I'm destined to be pretty damn bad. Caught me at a bad time, with the lightning. I think I'll kill it next draft. :D

I like the Westbrook/Johnson combo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real Gunners go in with
PG- Brandon Jennings/ Goran Dragic/ Nate Robinson
SG- Kevin Martin/ Ray Allen/ Ben Gordon/ Kyle Korver
SF- Caron Butler/ Kyle Korver/ Shane Battier
PF- Pau Gasol/ Taj Gibson/ Patrick Patterson
C- Emeka Okafor/ Brad Miller

I might need to trade for some assists, but this team has balance.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
PG - Chris Paul / Ramon Sessions
SG - Andre Iguodala / Rudy Fernandez / Marco Benelli
SF - Thaddeus Young / Dorrell Wright / Jamario Moon / Al Thorton
PF - Paul Milsap / Linas Klezia
C - Shaquille O'Neal / Timofey Mozgov / Nazr Mohammad

My center positions sucks, but other than that I like it. I got out-bid for all my sleeper centers.. argh.
I'm so happy that you joined our league. We've got a great bunch this year. This is the only fantasy basketball league worth being in on our forum. I know how much people like debating with you in the NBA thread, so I thought having you in this league was a must.

You ended up with a team that will definitely compete hard. A lot rides on the coattails of CP3. You were definitely aggressive in getting him. I was surprised by your strategy, but I guess a lot of people either had the same one, or they followed suit and bought into what you were saying. I noticed the beginning of the draft was an all out WAR for the top shelf talent! You were like, I got my star! Something you wanted to do in a 20 man keeper league. I have to admit, I maintained being a bystander for the most part as one by one, many of you were spending like there was no tomorrow. The guys I was cautiously scared of because they weren't spending was PF, BOS, and Brodeur... I had a feeling they would be my main competition later... and they were.

Iggy was a good get. Definitely a keeper. I don't know what's happening with Rudy Fernandez, but I think he'll eventually be traded. They have Batum up and coming and they just gave Wesley Matthews a brand spankin' new 8 digit contract. I didn't quite get why the bidding for Dorrell Wright kept rising... other than to guess, someone really wanted to have the "I won the bid" feeling. Jamario Moon has a nice opportunity to step up in Cleveland. Thornton's in a crowded situation. I like Thad Young... I keep thinking one of these year's he will really breakout... but I don't see that happening now until Philly trades Iggy. He and Evan Turner will inevitably take up some of that court time.

Millsap was a good get. He'll get you numbers that the person who won Al Jefferson wish they were getting.

You Center situation is a mess, but you had to anticipate that some position would suffer because of the money you used on CP3.

Overall, good team! I hope we have a fun season!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I went in with some sleepers in mind and I think I got about half of them. D-Unit stole some guys like Hickson and McGee though...grr
I had to wait patiently while you all went on a spending spree... I didn't expect to get them as cheap as I did. $8 for Hickson and $4 on McGee. I'm very happy that I didn't end up with Dwight Howard for $200+.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I wanted McGee...

But I got my man Mozgov!

7'1" 270, averaged 13 points in the world championships. Should get 25+ minutes in D'Antoni's system. Rotoworld is projecting 9 points, 7 rebounds and 1.5 blocks and everyone acted like I was taking crazy pills when I grabbed him for 1$.
I seriously thought you getting Mozgov was a nomination timing mistake!

Here's your chance to show us who's boss. :D
Old 10-12-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I had to wait patiently while you all went on a spending spree... I didn't expect to get them as cheap as I did. $8 for Hickson and $4 on McGee. I'm very happy that I didn't end up with Dwight Howard for $200+.
your just lucky i accidentally nominated hickson when i did. i had him at the top of my queue but never meant to nominate him. i didnt realize it was my turn to nominate and my clock ran out so it auto nominated him.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I have to make a few changes but this is what i gots...

PG :: Rajon Rondo | George Hill | Jose Juan Barea
SG :: Jason Richardson | Mike Miller | Roger Mason
SF :: Trevor Ariza | Mike Miller | Carlos Delfino
PF :: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Al Harrington
C :: Al Jefferson

a few guys i don't have listed bc i plan on releasing them
Fricken Awesome PF!

What a haul! I have to admit I was watching how you were using your funds during the entire draft. I knew we would get into more than few bidding battles... and sure enough, you beat me on more than just a few. You beat me out on Rondo (who I REALLY wanted)... Jefferson (who I think will be a beast with Deron dishing to him)... Ariza (who I love in NOR way more than when he was in HOU). Believe it or not, I'm even impressed with the George Hill pick up. Duncan was a wise spend. People kept thinking he's old and that's bad for a keeper league, but you got him at a great price for what his fantasy numbers will be. You got Boozer on the cheap too because he's injured now, but he's a definite keeper candidate. You filled your team out with Miller and Arrington who can stuff your 3s category. Mason, Delfino and Barea will get you steals.

Overall, you have on paper what seems to be a championship caliber team. Awesome draft!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
your just lucky i accidentally nominated hickson when i did. i had him at the top of my queue but never meant to nominate him. i didnt realize it was my turn to nominate and my clock ran out so it auto nominated him.
Well, thank you! ...and thank you to the rest of the guys who didn't want to overbid me!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
PG: Russell Westbrook/Jerryd Bayless
SG: Joe Johnson/Ronnie Brewer/Gordan Hayward
SF: Travis Outlaw/Quentin Richardson/Josh Howard
PF: Zach Randolph/Tyler Hansbrough/Craig Smith
C: Andrea Bargnani/Jordan Hill/Ryan Hollins

Really lacking in real star power...I had to make do. But it is what it is. haha. They may look a little weak, but i dont hate it, exactly. My depth is really poor in comparison to most, though. I still think I'm destined to be pretty damn bad. Caught me at a bad time, with the lightning. I think I'll kill it next draft. :D

I like the Westbrook/Johnson combo.
There is always ONE GUY who shows up with the bad internet problems and that was you, MOTH! I felt bad for that cause I've had similar wireless problems in the past myself. Last year, I think it was DChess who kept going off and on.

Still, you ended up with a classic MOTH draft that is very solid. I don't know how to define it, but looking at that team it's got some obvious fantasy value as far as category fillers. Bargnani... the best 3pt shooting Center. Joe Johnson, a great assists grabbing SG. Ronnie Brewer, with the "steals" expertise. Randolph the rebounding *****. Q Rich - 3 bombs away!

I really think Randolph was a great buy as far as value went. He's really an underrated fantasy star. Westbrook will be better this year. You have more than 3 guys who you will debate about who to keep. That's rare in a league like this.

Overall, you had a great draft with no real glaring weaknesses.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean $2 left for slot? Yeah... I tried to make him feel bad about it too. :D

The thing is... Brodeur ALWAYS leaves a lot of leftover money, but he never learns.

I think he likes the feeling of knowing he has the bid hammer, but then he never knows when the right time is of throwing it down.

I had the hammer for a while, but when my guys I had my eye on were being nominated, I made sure I got them. That's why I beat Brodeur for Collison and now he has crappy PGs.

Next year, Brodeur will do the same thing. :D

I love you B! ;)
Psh, I only left like $40 over in the baseball auction draft.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Real Gunners go in with
PG- Brandon Jennings/ Goran Dragic/ Nate Robinson
SG- Kevin Martin/ Ray Allen/ Ben Gordon/ Kyle Korver
SF- Caron Butler/ Kyle Korver/ Shane Battier
PF- Pau Gasol/ Taj Gibson/ Patrick Patterson
C- Emeka Okafor/ Brad Miller

I might need to trade for some assists, but this team has balance.
I must say... I'm pretty impressed with the collection of talent that you assembled. 1-5 you have a strong unit! I really like Jennings to build upon his success of last year. Martin (if healthy... and that's a very big IF) will be a scoring stud muffin. Butler is like glue who fills up all the stat categories. Gasol is a bonafide stud who never gets hurt. Okafor gives you the important stats you want out of your center and new coach Monty Williams is talking about using him more as a scorer.

Your depth is a nice compliment to what you got too. I can tell you'll be strong in the 3s category. You have some guys that will help you rebound, block shots, score. Okafor is a horrendous FT shooter (worst than Dwight!), so that will hurt you in that category.

But overall, I really like the complete make up of your team. Good job! Hope you have a fun active season. Be sure to post often in this thread.

An active league thread is what makes a league great!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is always ONE GUY who shows up with the bad internet problems and that was you, MOTH! I felt bad for that cause I've had similar wireless problems in the past myself. Last year, I think it was DChess who kept going off and on.

Still, you ended up with a classic MOTH draft that is very solid. I don't know how to define it, but looking at that team it's got some obvious fantasy value as far as category fillers. Bargnani... the best 3pt shooting Center. Joe Johnson, a great assists grabbing SG. Ronnie Brewer, with the "steals" expertise. Randolph the rebounding *****. Q Rich - 3 bombs away!

I really think Randolph was a great buy as far as value went. He's really an underrated fantasy star. Westbrook will be better this year. You have more than 3 guys who you will debate about who to keep. That's rare in a league like this.

Overall, you had a great draft with no real glaring weaknesses.
Did you see that rain in the Jets game? That's what it was like at my house. haha. It was terrible and very frustrating losing my connection every other minute.

I honestly may have outbid whoever got Durant.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Psh, I only left like $40 over in the baseball auction draft.
Ha ha... Yes... You're slowly getting better.

You gotta learn how to throw down the HAMMER!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Next time I do one of these, I may take a page out of Broddy's book. He had the pick of the litter late, and you can find some real gems. I had $8 left before I knew it. This was my first auction draft, and I thought it was pretty damn fun. The parts I was there for, at least. haha. :P

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS