Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-12-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
:) I'm facetious dork. Sorry.

It's sad that it's come down to this. This is almost solely the cause of the BCS and it's ridiculous formula. W-L record reigns supreme, as do the biased, reactionary voting of coaches.

The system needs to start rewarding difficult schedules more. That is a nice temporary fix.
They had that, remember the computer rankings, that got phased out becuase of USC "emotional" victory. It had the AP in a roar, blah blah bunch of stuff happened and USC went instead of Auburn.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Hey if you loose the title game you loose. Florida lost to Bama in the title game or else Florida could have made the argument that if a 1 loss Texas can play them why can't Florida?
I'm not Sniper or anything, but I have to correct it to lose.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I'm not Sniper or anything, but I have to correct it to lose.
ahha, i know which one to write its lose, but I always end up writing loose. Whatever Texas and Florida are both loose, or else they would have tight balls and win right now.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Can you imagine what would have been said had Cincy played for the national title say if Texas lost the Big 12 title game?

People hate the Big Easts weak schedule just as much as Boises. That said, Boises is even worse then a Big East schedule.
A. Cincinnati had a quality schedule last year.
B. Boise State's schedule is not worst than a Big East school.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It definitely is. I think you're underrating just how pathetic Boises conference schedule is. Outside of Fresno St and Nevada, who Id say are overrated, they play no one. Teams in the Big East are certainly better as a whole then the WAC.

Add to it that WVU has faced LSU, Pitt has played Utah and Miami, Cincy played Oklahoma, the Big East teams are doing better ooc then Boise.

Not that it matters, no Big East team is going undefeated because they got killed in all those ooc games.

Boises conference schedule definitely does not equal a Big East conference schedule even. The teams in the WAC, outside Boise who is very good, and Fresno and Nevada who I think are overrated but still good, are not as good as the teams in the Big East.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 10-12-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It definitely is. I think you're underrating just how pathetic Boises conference schedule is. Outside of Fresno St and Nevada, who Id say are overrated, they play no one. Teams in the Big East are certainly better as a whole then the WAC.

Add to it that WVU has faced LSU, Pitt has played Utah and Miami, Cincy played Oklahoma, the Big East teams are doing better ooc then Boise.

Not that it matters, no Big East team is going undefeated because they got killed in all those ooc games.
Youre so full of **** its not even funny, Cinci is the ONLY that actually has a better SOS than BSU....

....they are 15th.....and there isnt another team from the Big East in the top 50.

Please dont make me read posts that make something that will do nothing but just waste my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-09/b...l-schedule.php

And this is a quality schedule? Playing the Big East and toughest out of conference being Oregon State isn't what I would call quality. Definitely not quality that people here would have accepted them over Texas.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Youre so full of **** its not even funny, Cinci is the ONLY that actually has a better SOS than BSU....

....they are 15th.....and there isnt another team from the Big East in the top 50.

Please dont make me read posts that make something that will do nothing but just waste my time.
Yea, as of now that's where the SOS is. Wait till the end of the year and see where it's at, you know, when teams play their conference schedules.

O thats right, Boises schedule gets easier when they move to conference play. While teams in the Big Ten and SEC and other conferences are just getting to the strength of their schedule.

Boises conference schedule is so pathetic that it will bring them down. Playing teams like Toledo definitely isn't going to keep SOS ranked very high for long.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, as of now that's where the SOS is. Wait till the end of the year and see where it's at, you know, when teams play their conference schedules.

O thats right, Boises and cinches schedules get easier when they move to conference play. While teams in the Big Ten and SEC and other conferences are just getting to the strength of their schedule.

Boises conference schedule is so pathetic that it will bring them down. Playing teams like Toledo definitely isn't going to keep SOS ranked very high for long.
What you just said made your argument ****, you just told me that a Big East schedule is harder.

Cinci is the only one ahead of BSU as far as SOS, so if BSU's and the Big East's schedules get weaker as the year goes along, Cinci is still the ONLY Big east team with a harder SOS.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What you just said made your argument ****, you just told me that a Big East schedule is harder.

Cinci is the only one ahead of BSU as far as SOS, so if BSU's and the Big East's schedules get weaker as the year goes along, Cinci is still the ONLY Big east team with a harder SOS.
And that's because Oklahoma was willing to play them...
Old 10-12-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Boises conference is weaker then the Big East. While Cincys will go down, it's not going to plummet like Boises will after playing New Mexico St, Toledo, San Jose St, and Louisiana Tech in consecutive weeks.

They played similar ooc schedules, Boises slightly stronger in my opinion, but Boises conference schedule is just too pathetic to ignore.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
And that's because Oklahoma was willing to play them...
And if Boise didn't have ridiculous demands people would play them too.

Don't fall into the "well play anyone anywhere trap." Thats the product of some PR firm they hired to convince the nation they deserve it. They played Virginia Tech at. "neutral" site in order to have VT avoid paying their ridiculous demands.

While Boise is actually demanding a $1 million dollar payment to go to a game and not have it returned. That's ridiculous.

Not to mention that teams have their schedules made up years in advance, so Boise cant just show up and think people will be willing to drop their plans and add Boise at the last second.

Boises schedule is only the fault of Boise. Its no one elses job to get them a tough schedule. If they wanna play the weak schedule and hope no one else goes undefeated that's all fine with me, but then they can't ***** when undefeated teams from real conferences hop them in the rankings.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-09/b...l-schedule.php

And this is a quality schedule? Playing the Big East and toughest out of conference being Oregon State isn't what I would call quality. Definitely not quality that people here would have accepted them over Texas.
You should really stop talking on this subject as you have no idea what you're talking about.

The Big East had several extremely tough teams last year like Pittsburgh, West Virginia, and UConn.

And Oregon State played everyone extremely tough aside from their Bowl game.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:

Don't fall into the "well play anyone anywhere trap." Thats the product of some PR firm they hired to convince the nation they deserve it. They played Virginia Tech at. "neutral" site in order to have VT avoid paying their ridiculous demands.

While Boise is actually demanding a $1 million dollar payment to go to a game and not have it returned. That's ridiculous.

Not to mention that teams have their schedules made up years in advance, so Boise cant just show up and think people will be willing to drop their plans and add Boise at the last second.

Boises schedule is only the fault of Boise. Its no one elses job to get them a tough schedule. If they wanna play the weak schedule and hope no one else goes undefeated that's all fine with me, but then they can't ***** when undefeated teams from real conferences hop them in the rankings.
Quote:
They played similar ooc schedules, Boises slightly stronger in my opinion, but Boises conference schedule is just too pathetic to ignore.
Their OOC schedule this year has been more than difficult enough. You're disqualifying them based on their Conference Schedule, so everything you're posting here is irrelevant.

Pick an argument and stick with it.

Last edited by wonderbredd24 : 10-12-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:

I believe its alot more about tougher teams being scared of playing a team like boise state than it is about the money. Money like that is nothing to the top names in college football.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You should really stop talking on this subject as you have no idea what you're talking about.

The Big East had several extremely tough teams last year like Pittsburgh, West Virginia, and UConn.

And Oregon State played everyone extremely tough aside from their Bowl game.
The Big East doesn't have "extremely tough" teams. Those "extremely tough teams" would have gotten destroyed in a conference like the Big Ten, Big 12, or SEC.

And by played everyone extremely tough, you mean lost 4 games, then their bowl game. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
The Big East doesn't have "extremely tough" teams. Those "extremely tough teams" would have gotten destroyed in a conference like the Big Ten, Big 12, or SEC.

And by played everyone extremely tough, you mean lost 4 games, then their bowl game. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
Because?

Why even have any other conference other than the Big Ten, Big XII, SEC, and PAC 10?

Evidently, they should have the big boy championship with those 4 conferences and then another championship with the rest of the FBS.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I believe its alot more about tougher teams being scared of playing a team like boise state than it is about the money. Money like that is nothing to the top names in college football.
Why would a team pay a good Boise team to come in while they can pay a lesser team, say in OSUs case, Ohio U or Marshall, less money to come in, and it costs us nothing because the stadium is still a sell out, the city is still packed, and the tv ratings don't get boosted much at all by playing Boise.

Teams with real conferences don't need to play Boise to improve their schedule. Boise needs to play them. So they really arnt in any place to be demanding cash to play a team. If Boise wants to play them, they need to find a way to make it benefit the other team, not cost them money.

Best thing to remember, it's always about the money.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Why would a team pay a good Boise team to come in while they can pay a lesser team, say in OSUs case, Ohio U or Marshall, less money to come in, and it costs us nothing because the stadium is still a sell out, the city is still packed, and the tv ratings don't get boosted much at all by playing Boise.

Teams with real conferences don't need to play Boise to improve their schedule. Boise needs to play them. So they really arnt in any place to be demanding cash to play a team. If Boise wants to play them, they need to find a way to make it benefit the other team, not cost them money.

Best thing to remember, it's always about the money.
Interesting... so Boise State-Ohio State on ABC or ESPN wouldn't get much of a boost in ratings over Ohio State-Ohio or Ohio State-Marshall on the Big Ten Network?

Sure you wanna go with that?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Because?

Why even have any other conference other than the Big Ten, Big XII, SEC, and PAC 10?

Evidently, they should have the big boy championship with those 4 conferences and then another championship with the rest of the FBS.
Because it's what would happen. You really think a team from the Big East would survive the conference schedules of any of those conferences without 3 or 4 losses. If you do, we simply disagree.

And evidently, there already is a Big Boy Championship. As long as 2 teams from those 4 conferences go undefeated every year, no other school stands a chance.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Interesting... so Boise State-Ohio State on ABC or ESPN wouldn't get much of a boost in ratings over Ohio State-Ohio or Ohio State-Marshall on the Big Ten Network?

id like to see what he says to this...

Quote:
Old 10-12-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:

It would naturally, but don't pretend Boises ratings are great. If it had to compete with another decent game, it would definitely lose.

Virginia Tech game was different because it was the only game on at the time. Definitely a smart move.

And the Big Ten makes a ton of money getting those games on their network. Thats why Big Ten teams makes more money per school then any other conference.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

And I think were getting way off my only point in this thread, that Boise doesn't deserve to play in a title game over an undefeated team from a real conference.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
It would naturally, but don't pretend Boises ratings are great. If it had to compete with another decent game, it would definitely lose.

Virginia Tech game was different because it was the only game on at the time. Definitely a smart move.

And the Big Ten makes a ton of money getting those games on their network. Thats why Big Ten teams makes more money per school then any other conference.
The BTN's profitability has nothing to do with an individual games' TV ratings.

What game would #1 Ohio State-#3 Boise State lose to in terms of ratings this season?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
And I think were getting way off my only point in this thread, that Boise doesn't deserve to play in a title game over an undefeated team from a real conference.
And that's because they reportedly demand too much money to play anyone on the part of the schedule they can control even though you already admitted their OOC was satisfactory this year.