Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nike named NFL Uniform Supplier starting in 2012

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-nfl-jerseys/

And they plan to "dramatically" change NFL uniforms.....can it be long before we've got this going on in the NFL? :

I has a sad....anyone else absolutely dreading this?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants won't let them change their uniform dramatically so I'm not worried about that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Giants won't let them change their uniform dramatically so I'm not worried about that.
I pray the Bears don't either.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone is going to let them make drastic changes. Only thing probably lighter material and belts and those new gurdels.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I can't wait. Nike has made some kick ass uni's for college football teams over the past few years. I don't know how much influence they'll actually be given in making home and away jerseys but I can promise you they'll make some sweet alternate unis.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they drastically change the Vikings uniforms.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more worried about advertising on jerseys. I know it's the norm in Europe but I don't want it over here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm more worried about advertising on jerseys. I know it's the norm in Europe but I don't want it over here.
Again, agreed. I have this horrible image in my head of every team sporting vibrantly colored jerseys covered in ads and it's making me sick.....
Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think the advertising thing is going to happen within 5 years as long as Goodell is around.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-12-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I don't think anyone is going to let them make drastic changes. Only thing probably lighter material and belts and those new gurdels.
Yeah, the biggest change will probably come in how they're manufactured as opposed to uniform design.

I absolutely think you'll see every team with a set of alternate unis, though, even if they're only used once a year. The NFL would love that extra revenue.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yeah, the biggest change will probably come in how they're manufactured as opposed to uniform design.

I absolutely think you'll see every team with a set of alternate unis, though, even if they're only used once a year. The NFL would love that extra revenue.
I refuse to buy any sort of alternate jersey. I only have an orange Urlacher jersey because my mom bought it for me for Xmas.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I refuse to buy any sort of alternate jersey. I only have an orange Urlacher jersey because my mom bought it for me for Xmas.
Agreed. I hate alternate uniforms, and I hate almost every single "new" uniform teams have come out with in the past 10 years or so (Seattle, Buffalo, Atlanta, Denver, San Diego, Minnesota, St. Louis).
Old 10-12-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Agreed. I hate alternate uniforms, and I hate almost every single "new" uniform teams have come out with in the past 10 years or so (Seattle, Buffalo, Atlanta, Denver, San Diego, Minnesota, St. Louis).
I do like Denver's new on a little better...same for the Bucs. I just didn't like the blinding orange or creamcicle. San Diego should also only rock the powder blues. St. Louis isn't that much different so I don't mind too much....Buffalo should return to their old color scheme too. Seattle's are pretty blegh.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Again, agreed. I have this horrible image in my head of every team sporting vibrantly colored jerseys covered in ads and it's making me sick.....
Steelers wore a Comcast/Xfinity ad on their Training Camp jerseys.

Hope it never finds its way onto the real jersey.

It would suck. Jerseys back where I'm from are completely covered in ads, check this out:

Carta Blanca - beer
Bancomer - bank
Bimbo - brand of bread
Coca Cola
Javer - house building company
LG

Cemex - cement
Carta Blanca
Coca Cola
Javer

Also, Kikin sucks.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 10-12-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nike doesn't have the authority to change any jerseys. I'm sure they'll make a push for something different to stimulate sales following their take over of production, but that's entirely up to teams and the NFL.

Total non-issue, aside from the fact that I hate Nike and should grab any jerseys I want now. Or maybe I'm better off waiting and snatching up sales on the current ones before the change over . . .

(Unless you have stock in Reebok / Nike, though I doubt either sees much change.)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They won't change Green Bay's so I'm not worried.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as they don't look like oregons or those alternate uniforms boise state and virginia tech and those other schools were wearing i don't care.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the changes they'll make will be pretty nice.

The uniforms themselves won't change all that much. But the apparel available will.

Reebok has made some pretty crappy hats lately. Nike will clean that up.

I hope Buffalo finally goes back to their old color scheme. Those old unis look soooooo much better than their current ones.

And please Seattle, change your colors.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't get to make any changes to designs without the team's consent.

Seeing as how the Bears haven't allowed a serious uniform change since before most teams existed, I'm not so worried.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a Raider fan there is no way they change our regular black and silver. We had silver unis which weren't really sweet at all.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
They should wear the alternates every day.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait - I hate the Bills unis (besides our kickass throwbacks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Steelers to have an all-black option. Also i think every team in the NFl should rock the old-skool grey facemasks...they pwn.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think the changes they'll make will be pretty nice.

The uniforms themselves won't change all that much. But the apparel available will.

Reebok has made some pretty crappy hats lately. Nike will clean that up.

I hope Buffalo finally goes back to their old color scheme. Those old unis look soooooo much better than their current ones.

I actually heard on the radio this morning that New Era is going to get the licensing for hats. I almost cried tears of joy.

Also, I heard UnderArmor gets to keep the licensing for all the combine and draft stuff.