Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 09-21-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Draft Thread

Let's discuss. First of all lets go through our needs.

- Quarterback of the future ( aka. Jake Locker)
- A legit pass rusher ( Quinn or Romeus)
- We can use another running back
- The o line, a guard, maybe a new center
- And we could probably use another corner ( there are a lot of good/tall corners in this draft)
- I wouldnt rule out a tall wide receiver either, but we seem pretty set for now. But that can change depending on mike williams.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need to address our offense and our pass rush. That said, the areas where I think we need to address are:

1) QB
2) Pass rusher (DE/OLB I don't care as long as they fill the LEO spot)
3) Playmaker on offense WR/RB doesn't matter
4) Another pass rusher
5) CB

We will need either a new C or G in the next couple of years, but it doesn't have to be too high of a draft pick.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we pretty much agree on positions, so now who are specific players you guys would want to get?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's be conservative and say we land in the top 3rd-to-Middle of the first round. Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett are gone. Andrew Luck may or may not declare. If Luck is there, I think I'd be OK with him. I really, really like Mark Ingram, and I think middle of the first is a great place to take him. He'd be a terrific fit in our offense. I'm kind of liking the potential of our receiving corps right now, but this is going to be a fantastic class for wide receivers - if Jonathan Baldwin or Julio Jones is on the board when we pick (Assuming Green in gone) it'd be hard to pass after passing on Crabtree two years before. We need a big wideout. I'm crossing my fingers on Mike Williams big time, but it wouldn't hurt to add another if there isn't a QB available that has the "franchise" feel to him. And, of course, Pete Carroll is going to continue to look for guys to play his 3-4, and at this point we'd be looking at DE's and pass rushers. Adrian Clayborn, Cameron Heyward, and Allen Bailey are all huge, highly rated DE's who could probably play end in a 3-4. If Robert Quinn comes out, I'm sure Carroll would take some serious looks at him as well for that LEO spot.

In the second round, we'll obviously still have needs wherever we didn't just draft a guy. We really need a big power back, and if Mikel LeShoure from Illinois comes out he could be a possibility in round two. He reminds me of Shonn Greene a little bit. Round two might be high for Daniel Thomas.

It's a bit early to try and predict round-by-round, of course, but we could also use a return man such as Jerrel Jernigan. Another guy I like in the middle rounds (unless he's playing baseball full-time) is Matt Szczur.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depending on where they pick i'd probably rank them:

1st;
Locker
Luck
Petersen
Quinn

2nd;
Baldwin
Kerrigan
Herzlich
DeCastro
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the NCAA investigation on Quinn, I can see him going middle to late first round. Especially since he's going to miss at least what, another 2-3 games?

Teams are only going to get half a seasons read on him and if he isn't dominating who knows, he may even fall out of the first round.

As of right now though, I tend to lean more towards Luck as being the next big NFL prospect. I think Jake Locker is still a year away from the level of Luck right now. I watch Luck and I see him going through progressions and making good decisions. I watch Locker and I see him lock onto one target and completely abandon his legs.

But if we can't get one of those two QB's, I have to say that the top WRs in this class have me super excited. Jones, Green, and Baldwin are all big play guys. I like all of them more than I liked Crabtree a couple of years ago (we all know I hated Crabtree). They are possess legitimate top 10 WR skills. It is going to be interesting to see if they can put it all together.

Ingram would also be an awesome consolation prize.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

For the first, i wouldn't mind:
- Jake Locker
-Andrew Luck
-Patrick Petersen
- Robert Quinn. I havent seen quinn, but some say he's the best pass rusher. I just want a good one.
- Baldwin, Floyd, or Green.
- I wouldnt be totally against taking ingram in the first but it would have to be if all these guys were taken. Im not really a fan of taking a rb in the 1st.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Im just curious what picks we have left for 2011, ill try and look it up. Anyone else feel free to do it!

Old 10-05-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Well we don't have our 3rd (Whitehurst), 4th (Lynch), or 6th (Balmer).

We got a 6th round pick for Jackson, conditional (likely 7th round) for Wallace.

EDIT: Forgot about wilson. We got a 4th/5th for Wilson

Old 10-06-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Question for you guys? From my perspective i think the talent in this draft is nothing to write home about. I think the first round talent is good but out side that its not a great draft year. So my question is, do we trade everything(all our draft picks) this year and go for jake locker. A couple of weeks ago i would say no, but hass is pretty much done and from what i hear chrlie whitehurst sucks. So i say we do and grab our qotf.

Thoughts?

Old 10-06-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

The only reason I'm excited about this draft is the because it seems front loaded at WR and QB.

Now, the only QB I feel comfortable taking top 5 is Andrew Luck. Top 10 Locker, and I feel like I wouldn't touch Mallet until the 2nd round.

However, the top WR's get me excited. Floyd, Green, Jones, and Baldwin all strike me as exceptional talents. I mean even the one from Miami...Hinkerson (I know I got that one wrong...).

So, I guess I'm saying. No, I wouldn't give up everything to go and get Locker. We do need a QB of the future, but I just don't see us sacrificing our entire draft for a QB (Locker) who, and as a Washington fan this hurts, is nowhere near as far along as he should be.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
Question for you guys? From my perspective i think the talent in this draft is nothing to write home about. I think the first round talent is good but out side that its not a great draft year. So my question is, do we trade everything(all our draft picks) this year and go for jake locker. A couple of weeks ago i would say no, but hass is pretty much done and from what i hear chrlie whitehurst sucks. So i say we do and grab our qotf.

Thoughts?
I think the draft is good and i think you mortgage the farm for Locker. Heck i saw about 4 or 5 second rounders just on the USC team the other night:

Kris Odowd
Shareece Wright (hate that little troll)
Allan bradford
Ronald Johnson
Jurrell Casey
Tyron Smith
Old 10-08-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Starting to warm to the idea of Lynch if he can keep his off the field antics in check. Should free up Pete to address some other more pressing needs in the draft.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Well he is a pro bowler on the field. It's just the stuff off of it that is the major issue...

Old 10-09-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Probably not a pro bowler with that line but yeah he needs to stay out of Pioneer SQ. and West Seattle and maybe he'll have a chance.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Andrew Luck has turned into my favorite draft-eligible quarterback this year. I also have the feeling that he's going to return to school for another year. With that in mind, here's how I feel about what the Seahawks need to address in next years draft:

Offensive needs:

Wideout. Mike Williams was drafted to be that kind of guy; it appears that he actually didn't completely flame out of the league a couple years ago, but whether or not he is going to show us the consistent demonstration of dominance that everyone expected of him when he was drafted is yet to be determined. Some of the issues in Seattle's passing game lie with the decline of Matt Hasselbeck, certainly. I guess what i'm getting at is that I think potentially Mike Williams could prove that wide receiver isn't a pressing need for us if he has a good season. He could turn out to be that big-bodied compliment we need opposite Deon Butler and Golden Tate. Talent-wise, that seems like a perfectly acceptable receiving corps, especially when you factor in our tight ends. Which could mean the front office directs its attention elsewhere in the first round, even if a Julio Jones or Jonathan Baldwin is available. That said, I'm a guy who is all for loading up on receivers, just for the simple fact that it makes it much easier for a QB when he's got more than one guy he can throw it up to while he crosses his fingers.

Running Back With the acquisition of Marshawn Lynch, our backfield is no longer undersized. I actually liked Marshawn a lot when he first broke in with the Bills. I also liked that he and Justin Forsett were a terrific tandem back at Cal. I think there's potential here, like with the receiver position, for some of these newer faces to show that there aren't any glaring needs at the position. That said, like I also said above, if a guy like (well...particularly if) Mark Ingram is available when we pick, I'm going to be yelling at the TV for the 'Hawks to take him until Mr. Goodell reads the name off the card.

Tight End Frankly, I think we're set at tight end. John Carlson has pro bowl potential, and I see Anthony McCoy as a bit of a Martellus Bennett-type backup who can come in on heavy packages and be a mismatch for a linebacker. I haven't seen enough of Cameron Morrah to be able to comment on him, really, but he seems like a decent enough player as well. If anything, I suppose the 'Hawks might be interested in a guy who can block a little better, but out of the three positions I've mentioned so far, I think tight end is by far the least unknown. I don't see the Seahawks drafting a tight end anything close to early.

Offensive line I think it's obvious that this is place where a premium pick could be put to good use. I haven't had a chance to get too deeply into what prospects are going to be available, but just from a philosophical standpoint, I'd rather the Seahawks, given the personell they have right now, take a solid lineman in the first than Ryan Mallett. Just throwing that out there, because it's pretty easy to imagine Locker and (if he declares) Luck being gone before Mallett. Again: if it comes down to a lineman or Mallett, that's an easy choice for me. I'd rather just strengthen the point of attack and see who's available later or in the next draft than try to convince myself that Ryan Mallett is the guy who we can build a franchise around just because lots of people are talking about him and he happens to be on the board when we pick. I don't really know ho I got into this tangent while talking about our line problems, but...whatever. I think picking an offensive lineman for a team that's struggling on offense is a good move. Better than trying to plug a guy who's a little questionable into an offense that's definitely suspect as a whole.

Quarterback Might as well expound on how I feel about our QB situation. I've never been a huge fan of Hasselbeck as a football player. I don't hate him; I've just never been more than lukewarm towards him. The 5 years the 'Hawks made the playoffs, he had an easy job; the running game was great, and he had Darrell Jackson, Bobby Engram, Nate Burleson, and Koren Robinson to throw to, among others. Now, it's not that those guys are All-Pro's, but each of them had at least one 1000-yard receiving season, which shows that Hasselback basically always had a variety of solid guys to throw to. And let's not forget that he had one of the best LG-LT tandems of all time in Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson. That's simply not the case right now, and it's not surprising in the least that Hasselbeck's play has declined. He's older and he doesn't have the weapons he used to. You can look at it as a combination of him being in a pretty favorable situation for a number of years as well as what is most likely a deteriorating skill set; I think he was a bit overrated because of the success of the teams he quarterbacked, but I don't necessarily think that the 'Hawks recent failures are as much to do with him than as the declining talent of the team itself. I don't think drafting a franchise QB is something that the 'Hawks must do this year, but I do think that it's something that they need to do very soon. I know that seems like a weird stance to have - if there had been a franchise guy there last year (I'm glad they didn't take Clausen) I would have approved of them taking a QB. But our QB situation, especially with Charlie Whitehurst in the wings, isn't one I feel is desperate. I mean, at least we aren't the Browns. I feel confident enough with Hasselbeck and Whitehurst that I would be cautious about reaching for someone I wasn't totally sold on in the first round.

I don't really feel like going through the defense right now. I do think that taking a defensive player in the first is pretty likely, but perhaps I'll get into that later.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 10-12-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't move to a 3-4, we need a big-time DE first and foremost.

If we do move to a 3-4 we need to figure out:
a) if Dexter Davis or Chris Clemons can play OLB and start
b) if Brandon Mebane can play NT

So besides front seven on D, our needs are...

1 - CB
2 - Interior OL
3 - WR

and of course, we need to make a decision about Charlie Whitehurst...

So basically, it's anyone's guess...

Honestly, we'd be in amazing shape right now if we had taken Sanchez over Curry and never given up a 3rd round pick for Clipboard Jesus.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I think we all agree that Hasselbeck is done. We need to find out what we have in Whitehurst, and if he stops us from taking a premier QB prospect, I am going to be pissed unless he turns to be amazing in his spot duty this year.

Regardless, if there are still question marks about the QB situation, we need to take a pass rusher. Look at Brian Orakpo, thought to be too small to be an effective 4-3 DE, but he just gets to the QB. We need someone like that regardless of his whether we are in the 3-4 or the 4-3

Old 10-14-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

I think with the first pick we can just let the draft dictate which way to go. What i'm saying is just go BPA. If you have an AJ Green, Patrick Peterson or a Locker or a Luck there then you take one of those guys. In the second and third round you can then fill in the holes at D-line or WR.

I think Locker trumps everything you do really, it looks like Luck is probably a lock to the Bills otherwise we could probably trade up some and take Jake. The northwest is in love with this guy and there is enough star potential there to justify taking him. If Jake Locker played for a team that could actually block and catch i think he wouldnt even be withing reach, now maybe.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Here goes my defensive assessment.

Defensive Line. I’m just going to talk about “D-line” in general, instead of tackles and ends, because it’s evident that we’re going to be using a hybrid scheme, not just “hybrid” players. I’ll talk about D-lineman when I mean, “the guys who are going to be hitting heads with the offensive line on every play and are primarily responsible for dictating the running game.” I’ll talk about pass-rushers later, because it’s becoming a different position than what I just described.

Needless to say, we don’t have any star defensive linemen. I do think Brandon Mebane has some real potential, but I’m not sure how he’d play in a 3-4 front. Ideally, Carroll keeps enough 4-down packages in his repertoire that B.M. can keep playing his most natural position. I don’t know if he’s got what it takes to be a nose tackle. Jay Ratliff is proving that you don’t have to be 330 pounds to play nose tackle in the NFL, but he’s also 3 or 4 inches taller than Mebane. I don’t know what Mebane’s reach is, but it seems like having a guy with a relatively short wingspan in the middle of your defense, without another tackle next to him, wouldn’t be the best idea in theory. So I like Mebane, I don’t see a need to replace him, but I worry how effective he’ll be as the defense evolves. And…I was going to go through some of the other players, but after thinking about it I think it suffices to say that they’re pretty generic NFL players, and if there’s a chance to take a stud D-lineman to give other teams’ running games a hard time, we would be well justified to do so. I think it looks pretty hilarious to have Red Bryant playing DE, and he hasn’t been bad, but he just isn’t very fast off the edge, and he’s out of place in a 4-3. For 3-4 packages, I don’t have a problem with him at all. In fact, I think he’s one of our young players that could turn into a longtime starter…somewhere along the line. The fact that he can play end in a 4-3, at 330 or so, is an indication of pretty exceptional athletic ability.

Pass-rushers. I think Chris Clemons has been a pleasant surprise to all of us. He’s got 4 sacks in 4 games, 2 each against San Diego and St. Louis. If he keeps that up, he’s going to get into the Pro Bowl discussion. He’s simply been effective. Of course, it’s always possible that he may never get another sack, but so far he’s been more of an “answer” than a “stopgap solution.” If he gets double-digit sacks for us this year, I say sign him to an extension and give him the chance to be a Seahawk for the rest of his career. My impression of him is that of an athletic player who hasn’t got to play a lot, and he’s actually only 28 right now despite having been in the NFL for 7 years. He’s still in his prime, and I don’t think he needs to be replaced. We’ve seen good things out of Dexter Davis so far, but with his size, my guess is that he’s going to make his living as a situational guy. And I don’t have a problem with that at all. I think we’ve got some good things going on with what we’ve got right now, but if we were to look for a need, I’d be looking for a guy who can play all 3 downs. Clemons and Davis are both of the “pure pass rusher” variety, and even though I like both of them, if might be a good idea if we can try to find a guy in the 265-275 pound range to really take the role of that strongside force, whether as a standup linebacker or a rush end. Oh, and I'm not even going to include Aaron Curry in this category. As nice as it would be, he just isn't a pass-rusher.

Linebackers. You’d think this would be a strong point of the defense, but our linebacking corps has been uncomfortably average for a while. Tatupu is great, and I won’t say anything more about him. I like Hawthorne, but I don’t think he’s a guy you pass up an elite prospect for because you’re confident in him. The worst thing I’ll have to say about our linebackers is that I’m getting that sneaking suspicion that people are going to look back on Aaron Curry and think of him as a “really solid player,” but not a dominant one. And if only he hadn’t been the 4th overall pick, that would be OK. But because he was picked so high, anything less than being a Pro-Bowler is disappointing. I’m not really sure how that affects my stance on him, but… I guess I wouldn’t call linebacker a “need,” but it certainly isn’t a position that I feel we’re completely set at for the foreseeable future. I’d certainly take a talented outside ‘backer in round 2 or 3 if there was a good one available.

Cornerback. We don’t have a shutdown cornerback. Unless you have a shutdown cornerback, you are always justified in picking a shutdown cornerback. That’s about all I have to say about this. Marcus Trufant is good, but aging. Kelly Jennings is average. Walter Thurmond III is talked about in terms of “potential” because no one knows what kind of NFL player he is yet. CB is probably my No. 1 need for the Seahawks right now.

Strong Safety/Rover. In this hybrid defense, it appears that we’ll have this kind of player. Kam Chancellor looks pretty good in the role right now, but he definitely has more “rover” in him than “safety,” which is why he’s the backup to Laywer Milloy. I like him in that capacity, but I don’t know if he can be the starter opposite Earl Thomas. Strong Safeties don’t usually get taken in the first round, but this is another position that I’d have no problem with the ‘Hawks spending a 2nd-rounder on, need-wise.

Free Safety. I believe I mentioned we have Earl Thomas.

Kick Return. Leon Washington is an All-Pro. I only decided to add kick return to make the point that we no longer need to draft a guy because he “adds value in the return game,” although it certainly doesn’t hurt for a player to be versatile. I’ll let Golden Tate’s play speak for itself through the season before I say we should keep looking for a punt returner. He’s had a couple nice returns himself.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

So, in my opinion, the Seahawks need:

1. Andrew Luck or Jake Locker.
2. A top-flight cornerback.
3. Offensive linemen.
4. Defensive linemen.
5. A safety to start opposite Earl Thomas.

I'm a guy who likes to take the best player available in the first round or two, and then address needs. Like I said before, I'd be just fine with taking one of the top wideouts in the first, even though I don't think it's one of our top needs. If one of those two QBs is still on the board when we make our first pick, I think you have to make the call to draft him. So beyond the obvious need for a new QB or offensive playmaker, those are the 5 positions that I think need to be fortified in the offseason.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

The position that i was most worried about for us in the beginning of the season was de but im beginning to think our biggest need is cb, besides qb. Trufant is a good cb but he will never get back to his '07 form. Jennings is average and thurmond is a rookie so the jurys out on him. You can create a pass rush without a great pass rushing de, but you cant really make a corner better without always giving him safety help

Old 10-22-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
The position that i was most worried about for us in the beginning of the season was de but im beginning to think our biggest need is cb, besides qb. Trufant is a good cb but he will never get back to his '07 form. Jennings is average and thurmond is a rookie so the jurys out on him. You can create a pass rush without a great pass rushing de, but you cant really make a corner better without always giving him safety help
CB definitely needs to be addressed. Our pass defense has been pretty abysmal this year. Our much improved run d and pass rush has been able to help hide the problem, but if we play a good passing team who can protect their QB we're going to get torn apart.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Luckily there are two stud CB's that can be had at the top to middle of the draft. I find it highly unlikely that two teams are going to need a CB in the top 10, leading to one to fall to us.

I personally don't care if it's Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara (what is up with the names at Nebraska???) they are both complete studs and could be lockdown corners for years.

Of course there is also that Dowling kid from Virginia who could be a solid late 1st round pick.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Seeing Stanley Havili in Scott's Hot Prospects list reminded me that the 'Hawks really haven't had much at that position since Mack Strong left. I've liked Havili ever since he came to USC, and he fits in this offense. Hard not to like a fullback who blocks hard and catches well. He can run, too. I'd spend a mid-round pick on him for sure.