Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-12-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the hell is everyone getting this BSU charges 1 million to play them? Only 1 school came out with that and it was Nebraska.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also that VT 'neutral' site wasn't much neutral seeing its on the east coast, pretty damn close to VT. VT controlled the video board, non of the Boise st players were shown in the lineup. Also VT band came out, but not the Boise horse.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Where the hell is everyone getting this BSU charges 1 million to play them? Only 1 school came out with that and it was Nebraska.
Over-defensive about nothing much?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The BSU/TCU hate around here is just making me confused.

Teams who win all of their games aren't even allowed to play for the title? So what's the point of competing if you can't win?
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Over-defensive about nothing much?
ahaha, not really.

I'm just saying a few poster are using this argument. That in order to play Boise you need to pay them 1 million, they make it seem that Boise it trying to find a way to co-op out of playing big teams. That they are holding teams at a pirates' ransom. Lets get some facts together, 1 million for most big boys is nothing, compared to the revenue they gain from playing them.

Ohio St. has payed 2 million to Navy for a game, 1 million to CU.

But also that most schools that pay out that much are paying for a win pretty much and not to travel to the other teams site.

Yes, 1 million is a bit much for a potential loss.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, 1 million is a bit much for a potential loss.
Yep, that's the crux of it. And as mentioned earlier, they threw out the SOS directly (still there indirectly via polls) so teams are taking the Mack Brown approach to scheduling.

Very disappointing as a CFB fan.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
The BSU/TCU hate around here is just making me confused.

Teams who win all of their games aren't even allowed to play for the title? So what's the point of competing if you can't win?
As long as they're the only undefeated teams left they can. But your right, it is competing, and teams in real conferences are doing more then Boise and TCU this year.

The end of the year is the only time we can judge who should go. We have to wait and see what teams are left undefeated.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
strongly disagree. i have not and will continue to not watch a single BCS bowl game until the situation is resolved with a playoff of some kind. they won't get my tv money, and, where i can, i avoid buying products from the sponsors.

does my tiny contribution (or lack thereof) mean ****? of course not. but i refuse to support a product that's almost inarguably inferior for the consumer, no matter how much i may argue about it.
That's fine, and going with what wonderbredd and everyone else is saying, everyone wants a playoff? People have to stop watching the product, and I don't just mean Bowl games, I mean everything. College Football's ratings are the highest ever the last few years. It is because people tune in to the big games each week since the loser is out. Alabama losing to USC wouldn't mean quite as much without it.

For better or worse, until college football DOES lose ratings because of no playoff, there won't be one.

Maybe this message board doesn't make the NCAA money, but this conversation in the media, at work places, at bars, it keeps people interested in college football and watching. THAT makes them money.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
That's fine, and going with what wonderbredd and everyone else is saying, everyone wants a playoff? People have to stop watching the product, and I don't just mean Bowl games, I mean everything. College Football's ratings are the highest ever the last few years. It is because people tune in to the big games each week since the loser is out. Alabama losing to USC wouldn't mean quite as much without it.

For better or worse, until college football DOES lose ratings because of no playoff, there won't be one.

Maybe this message board doesn't make the NCAA money, but this conversation in the media, at work places, at bars, it keeps people interested in college football and watching. THAT makes them money.
With a playoff system, people would still watch all of this college football every week and teams would get to settle it on the field.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
With a playoff system, people would still watch all of this college football every week and teams would get to settle it on the field.
Would they? I don't watch college basketball regular season, even big time games because, quite frankly, I know those games are going to have a shot at it all. I'll see it in the tournament. Until ratings dip, BCS isn't changing. As a fan, I want a playoff, but this system works for the money.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Would they? I don't watch college basketball regular season, even big time games because, quite frankly, I know those games are going to have a shot at it all. I'll see it in the tournament. Until ratings dip, BCS isn't changing. As a fan, I want a playoff, but this system works for the money.
Do you watch less NFL Football because of there being a playoff at the end?

Instead of merely being Double Jeopardy like they are now, Conference Championships would provide the opportunity for legitimate playoff berths.

So last year, the Nebraska-Texas winner would have gone to the playoffs instead of determining whether one or both teams went to BCS Bowls.

Personally, I think playoffs add more importance to more games, not less.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Do you watch less NFL Football because of there being a playoff at the end?

Instead of merely being Double Jeopardy like they are now, Conference Championships would provide the opportunity for legitimate playoff berths.

So last year, the Nebraska-Texas winner would have gone to the playoffs instead of determining whether one or both teams went to BCS Bowls.

Personally, I think playoffs add more importance to more games, not less.
Sure I watch less NFL football because of a playoff. Colts games at the end of the past few years?

All I'm saying is, this system works for the NCAA and the numbers show it, the discussion shows it, and you can't ignore that all this Boise talk would not matter if there was a playoff.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Boise talk wouldn't matter because they'd be in easily.

But there will always be bubble teams to talk about in a playoff. Even if we went to an 8 team playoff, sure we'd know the first few teams in, but no one would really clinch anything because 1 or 2 losses in college football is enough to keep you out of the playoffs. Not like we'd have a situation like we do with the Colts as you mentioned. Add to it that many teams play their biggest rivals in their last game.

Look at it this year. We'd have OSU, MSU, Oklahoma, Nebraska, LSU, Auburn, TCU, Boise, and Oregon all undefeated at this point and Bama at 1 loss. That's not even including potential for Utah and Nevada to run the table. There'd be plenty to talk about even if a playoff let 8 teams in.

Only problem would be auto bids. Most likely all the current BCS conferences would get an auto bid, which means potential for clinching early possible.

Point of all that is, I don't think adding a playoff would make the regular season much less important. Every game would still be huge because 1 loss could be enough to drop you out of the playoffs.

Also might make teams schedule better ooc games because losing one of those wouldn't be a season killer if you still won your conference.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
i agree. it would've been really smart to have ignored alabama/sc, because you just *knew* alabama would be in the small, 4 team playoff. i'm sure you'd have made sure to miss that game. until you missed it this year, and realized you missed one of the more important games of the season. then, you'd realize that a 12 game schedule means every single game actually makes a difference and that this bizarre analogy you *continue* to push doesn't actually make any sense at all.

edited to add: the alabama example is actually a funny one, given that it's completely counter to your entire argument. i will likely not watch them play again for the rest of the year, because they've been eliminated from any realistic shot at playing for the title. if there were a playoff, that wouldn't be the case.

you might as well have compared college football to major league baseball.

further, why does "this boise talk" matter now? who cares? no one is going to watch more BSU games than they would have otherwise. you're not going to watch more OSU games than you otherwise would have. there's no money being driven, and there's no traffic being driven by any of this. just potential anger at the BCS when BSU gets screwed out of the NCG by a one loss team, or by the fans of some BCS school who will pitch a fit about SOS when BSU makes it in ahead of their team.

so no. you're literally wrong on every single count, imho. the system only works for the NCAA because they have *never* tried a different one. that doesn't mean it's a good system, and it doesn't come close to meaning that it's the best system.
This isn't about me though, I will watch no matter what. The conversation is for the casual fan. For the fan who watches SportsCenter or listens to ESPN Radio and hears this talk and debate and becomes intrigued. Those are the viewers they are getting once again. The anger of the BCS still makes people tune in, whether it is wanting it to crash and burn, etc.

It's not the best system, a playoff would be, I'm just saying why it works for the NCAA and why it keeps college football relevant. There would never be a 4 team playoff (unless you count a Plus One system as such). All the major conferences would require auto-bids, then to include the Boise States, etc, you'd want some at large teams as well of course. It would be expanded, Alabama would still be in, the loss would not loom as large. I don't think the difference would be huge or make college football irrelevant, as long as the system works for the NCAA and BCS in terms of money, it will stay. As long as the money comes in, they WON'T try anything new.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Yeah So if Utha runs the table, and beats TCU. How high do you think they can go? Say if BSU is still undefeated, and OSU get 1 loss.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 SEC teams (one from each division) - LSU and South Carolina
2 Big 12 teams (one from each division) - Nebraska and Oklahoma
2 Big 10 teams - Ohio State and Michigan State
1 ACC team - Florida State
1 Big East team - West Virginia
1 Mountain West team - TCU
1 Pac-10 team - Oregon
3 at-large berths for SEC/B12/B10 - Alabama, Auburn and Oklahoma State
2 at-large berths for ACC/BE/Pac-10/MWC - Stanford and Utah
The best ranked team of WAC/C-USA/MAC/Sun Belt - Boise State

2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 16
Awesomeness.

Last edited by RealityCheck : 10-15-2010 at 10:29 AM.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

16 teams is too much. The teams making the finals would have to play 4 post season games, so the season would need shortened. College teams cant really be asked to play 12 games, a conference championship, then make a 4 game playoff.

I think 8 teams is the best. Only 4 teams in the nation are expected to play an extra game, 2 teams play 2 on top of what they do now. Potential for 16 games for the finalists still sounds like alot.

And shortening the season in order to make a playoff would definitely cost them money.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

So this thread now has some meaning behind it.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about the 8 best teams playing each other. Tell me u would not want to see something like this....

1 Oregon vs. 8 Michigan State
4 Boise State vs 5 TCU
3 Oklahoma vs 6 Alabama
2 Auburn vs 7 Ohio State

Or something to that affect, kinda throwing **** out of my ass at this point....How can u argue against that as a college football fan? Look at the matchups and these matchups will mean something. They get to move on. Yeah I may see Oklahoma and Alabama in the Orange Bowl or something, but all they are fighting for is a bowl of oranges and a nice pay check. What is so wrong about this. I understand u would still have an argument about who team 9 is and all that, but thats like team 69 (haha 69!) now in the basketball tourney. At least we see a legit playoff as opposed to computer ****.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh, voters will find a way to leapfrog LSU, OU, Auburn, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, or Missouri over them.

not to mention moving alabama and OSU back up to the top rankings if they have to.
Yeah, I'll all but guarantee that Oklahoma or Auburn is #2 in the coaches poll.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nov. 26th, Boise St. @ Nevada.

The @ is important, Nevada is for real. I watched them chew up an overrated Cal earlier this season. Boise St. will have all the media hype going in but Nevada at home

I think the Broncos bandwagon stops in Reno. If the Wolfpack wins out, will they be #1? If they did it for a MWC team they have to do it for a WAC team.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Nov. 26th, Boise St. @ Nevada.

The @ is important, Nevada is for real. I watched them chew up an overrated Cal earlier this season. Boise St. will have all the media hype going in but Nevada at home

I think the Broncos bandwagon stops in Reno. If the Wolfpack wins out, will they be #1? If they did it for a MWC team they have to do it for a WAC team.
Nevada 21
Hawaii 27

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
dwill333
Rookie

dwill333 dwill333 dwill333 dwill333

Quote:
Don't be stupid. That doesn't count, it only matters where those teams where when they got beat.

But for other teams it will matter just not for Boise. If SC wins the SEC, well Bama lost to the SECzzz speeddzz champions, so its okay that they are ranked higher as a 1 loss team then the undefeated teams.
That isn't true... like every analyst in college football has said for 2 months now, boise fans are also osu and vt fans, because in their success lies boise. If at seasons end, voters are looking at the overall body of work, then the fact that a non aq team beat to bcs conference winners, that will carry quite a bit of weight, not to mention they will be the only team in the country to do so.
dwill333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone look at the latest strength of schedule rankings?

According to Sagarin, Boise State has played the 69th toughest schedule in the country. Oregon? A whopping 10 places ahead, with the 59th toughest schedule. The mighty Buckeyes, who would've been a lock to play in the National Championship game if they went undefeated, played such a brutal schedule - the 72nd toughest.

The Anderson & Hester rankings have Boise State at #67. Oregon clocks in at #74.

Colley Matrix has Boise State at #85, but they rank Oregon's schedule #119!

Average of these three:

Oregon: 84th
Boise State: 74th

I hope all of you who are against putting Boise State in the National Championship game are also against Oregon making it!
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no team that's not in the BCS will ever be good. ever.
if they aint in no BCS member they aint worthy of no title shot!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote