Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-05-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all appreciate what BJGE brings to the table. But the only reason we don't want more is because we're so used to doing it with average +/- ancient RBs. This offense would be monsterous with a do-it-all stud. It's also safe to say we must add RB depth anyway since we can't make it through a season w/out two of them getting injured along the way.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Bowers the Clemson DE? He is more of a 4-3 guy probably but I would love to have him on our squad, he is a crazy physical talent who really can get to the QB. He doesn't really look like a 3-4 OLB, but I think he could be a McGinnest type of player.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we went with RB would you guys be opposed to Ingram?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
If we went with RB would you guys be opposed to Ingram?
I am a guy who has been preaching for front 7 help for 3 years, but if we take a RB early, I want Ingram. I think he could be an absolute stud in the NFL.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ingram, but I think I'd be more in favor of targetting someone else there and target a different RB a bit later. There are a lot of good ones that will be available.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Raiders winning today. Where do you get off?

Hopefully we still get a top ten pick. Most likely no chance of getting a top five pick right now. Too many teams are sucking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im a big fan of daniel thomas as well..... i think he could be a sleeper stud.... wouldnt mind using our pick for him late in the first round or carolinas 2nd rounder

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are enough ****** teams pulling out stupid wins that the Raiders might still have a shot at giving the Pats a Top 5.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
im a big fan of daniel thomas as well..... i think he could be a sleeper stud.... wouldnt mind using our pick for him late in the first round or carolinas 2nd rounder
I think Thomas would work out well for us. Not with a first rounder, but maybe with a late second/ early third round pick.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

See, there are a bunch of guys that fit the mold that should be in this draft class...

Daniel Thomas, Ryan Williams, DeMarco Murray, Mikel Leshoure...
Old 10-11-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm off Thomas, at least for now. He's not explosive at all, so I'm not sold on him as a pro prospect just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having brought in what seems like a number of new players in the past couple of years i wonder if this might be the time to consolodate a lot of those extra picks and move up in the draft. I'd really be excited to add a Marcel Dareus and an A.J. Green to name a few.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I think Dareus is their #1 target with Oakland's pick. The idea of Julio Jones has grown on me because of the different ways he can be used. AJ Green would just be a Moss replacement.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Patriots_QB_12
Rookie

Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.Patriots_QB_12 could make a wolverine purr.

Post-Moss, I think WR makes a huge jump for needs, and outside of AJ Green, Im not sure of whoelse I'd want. I think WR beats the need for RB on offence.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots_QB_12 View Post
Post-Moss, I think WR makes a huge jump for needs, and outside of AJ Green, Im not sure of whoelse I'd want. I think WR beats the need for RB on offence.
I think Michael Floyd fits the bill although i dont think he's a burner. Julio Jones i see broke a bone in his hand. He seems to scream Diva to me so i'd go in a differant direction. Dareus and Jones both from the same school? The John Hannah influence cant be that strong.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots_QB_12 View Post
We have a lot of young WR talent. I think the team will give it a chance to prove itself.

However, if someone like Julio Jones is around too long, I could see him being targeted by the Patriots because he has that deep speed and size that lots of other wide receivers will never have.

Too bad his hands are worse than TOs.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think Dareus is their #1 target with Oakland's pick. The idea of Julio Jones has grown on me because of the different ways he can be used. AJ Green would just be a Moss replacement.
Nothing wrong with that at all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
snowplow
Rookie

snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.snowplow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default no WR

I hope they stay away from Rbs and WRs in the first round or two.

OL, DL, OLB in the first two rounds. Double up on one. But don't move up
snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thing with Robert Quinn might be a blessing in disguise. The way I see it he might fall out of the top 20 just like Dez did and since OLB is argueably our biggest need we might come out of this with both Heyward and Quinn. :) Please... Make it happen, Bill.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The thing with Quinn is we would need him to slim back down to about 250 to 260, and I'm not sure he's headed in that direction.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing with Quinn is we would need him to slim back down to about 250 to 260, and I'm not sure he's headed in that direction.
Quinn and a DE would make me smile.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quinn and LaMichael would make me ***.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really like Aldon Smith too, who Scott mocked to us in his latest. Him in the late first along with Heyward or AJ Green would be amazing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Boston_george
Rookie

Boston_george hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I want the Pats to go get that unbelievable OLB with Oakland's pick, but for some reason I just don't think they will.

Should the Patriots go after another safety in the early rounds (late 1st or 2nd)? The Pats have played a lot of big nickel this year. Merriweather has seemed to lose favor with the coaching staff. I know we have depth in Page, Sanders, and McGowan but if we are continuing to play 3 safeties in sub packages it would be a good idea to provide an upgrade. Obviously this is presuming there is a player available that can be an upgrade.

It scares me that the Pats may have to go back to drafting a corner early again. While I don't think it would happen; it's still possible given the struggles or Butler and Wilhite to get on the field. We will know the status of their needs better at the end of the year. That said you have to look at players that can't get on the field as sunk costs and find guys that are going to productive.

It will be interesting to see what direction the Pats go with all these picks.
Boston_george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ It sucks to think we've invested a good amount of picks into CBs that are underperforming, but that just makes me want to see a top CB taken for a change. We really can't expect to snag Assante Samuel type steals in the mid rounds all the time. The league is so pass happy these days that it makes the most sense to just bite the bullet and value the blue chip DBs over everything else.

I'd still rather see a DE with the Raiders pick, but the class is fairly deep there and we could always move up from 22ish to grab someone in the teens if necessary. CB at 10 would not prevent us from getting a top DE still, whereas DE at 10 could very well put us out of the hunt for the (presumably) 2 solid CB talents. (Obviously, we could still move up for the CB, but the point is that CB looks to be harder to come by in the upcoming draft when compared to DE.)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote