Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-29-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
He's actually recovering if he hasn't turned around yet, in those cases when he's a few steps off. In the times where he's on the guy and he's not looking back while making contact with them, that's kind of just something you do or you don't. As much as they'd like to coach him, he'll continue to do that. But I guess we'll see. However, there are things about his game that any amount of coaching won't change his inadequacies. He's lucky he's playing against bite-size Bess.
Actually, the thing I notice about Wilson is that he is pretty good in the slot. Just on the outside he is pretty weak. Which should fit in nicely once we get Revis back, so Wilson can stay in the slot.

He definitely hasn't been amazing by any stretch, but I trust Rex too much to give up on Wilson 3 games in.

McKnight definitely was a miss, but it still made sense, sorta. Tanny was trying to keep us under the "cap" just in case for next year, and we wouldn't have gotten everyone else we got, or resigned everyone else if we kept Leon.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Actually, the thing I notice about Wilson is that he is pretty good in the slot. Just on the outside he is pretty weak. Which should fit in nicely once we get Revis back, so Wilson can stay in the slot.

He definitely hasn't been amazing by any stretch, but I trust Rex too much to give up on Wilson 3 games in.

McKnight definitely was a miss, but it still made sense, sorta. Tanny was trying to keep us under the "cap" just in case for next year, and we wouldn't have gotten everyone else we got, or resigned everyone else if we kept Leon.
That's the thing though. I think even people that aren't particularly well versed at scouting could tell Wilson is a nickel corner, and it doesn't make too much sense to me to waste a first round draft pick on a nickel corner. It just seems like they overreacted to what lost them the shot at the Super Bowl (in part, anyway).

But it's great that you trust in Rex. Granted the only pick he truly made was Conner.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trevor Pryce is coming to town...not a bad mid-season addition. Should be able to jump right in and make an impact in that DE rotation. After we lost Pitoitua for the year and now that Pouha is playing NT almost full-time with the injury to Jenks, DE was getting a little thin so I think this is a solid move. Knows the scheme obviously and he's not a bad player, could add a bit to the pass rush too.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Pryce pick-up

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the signing as well. This gives us a much needed body along the d-line.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
That's the thing though. I think even people that aren't particularly well versed at scouting could tell Wilson is a nickel corner, and it doesn't make too much sense to me to waste a first round draft pick on a nickel corner. It just seems like they overreacted to what lost them the shot at the Super Bowl (in part, anyway).

But it's great that you trust in Rex. Granted the only pick he truly made was Conner.
Honestly, with as much 3 corner sets as we play, how is that a waste? He's essentially a starter.

I trust in Rex's defensive talent evaluation for now, seeing as we haven't seen enough of Wilson to really make our own judgment. After this season, then I will be more prepared to say whether I think he will be a bust or not.

You're overreacting to a rookie corner getting thrust into a starting role in a largely man to man defense. Give him some time.

Pryce signing is sweet. I loved his interviews.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray! As soon as Pryce got released I was hoping he'd come over.

Quote:
You're overreacting to a rookie corner getting thrust into a starting role in a largely man to man defense. Give him some time.
lawl no

I was just going of my preconceived notions of him before he was drafted. But eh. We shall see.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not reading too much into todays game, we took care of business like we should of. Just like to say though, that Greene and LT are absolutely perfect together. Both are very effective running inside and outside. Greene beats the D up and LT makes people miss and outruns them. Not to mention they both have breakaway speed and the ability to take it to the house at any moment (although not as much for LT). Probably the best back tandem in the league right now

Sig by Me
Old 10-03-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Not reading too much into todays game, we took care of business like we should of. Just like to say though, that Greene and LT are absolutely perfect together. Both are very effective running inside and outside. Greene beats the D up and LT makes people miss and outruns them. Not to mention they both have breakaway speed and the ability to take it to the house at any moment (although not as much for LT). Probably the best back tandem in the league right now
What I took away from this game was that the only thing I think you could really criticize the Jets for was the special teams play. But you know what? The Jets just beat up the AFC East the past three weeks and thats always something to be happy about. Sanchez just had his third consecutive good game. Keller is making his way into the upper echelon of TE's. Brian Scottenheimer has apparently pulled his head out of his ***. Brad Smith can be used as an actual wildcat quarterback.

Next week Santonio Holmes returns, and I expect Darrelle Revis will too.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, the Jets are the AFC East team I hate the least.
Can you please just let us win once in a while?*

Thankyou,
Bills2083

*starting next season, of course; for I want Andrew Luck with the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
What I took away from this game was that the only thing I think you could really criticize the Jets for was the special teams play. But you know what? The Jets just beat up the AFC East the past three weeks and thats always something to be happy about. Sanchez just had his third consecutive good game. Keller is making his way into the upper echelon of TE's. Brian Scottenheimer has apparently pulled his head out of his ***. Brad Smith can be used as an actual wildcat quarterback.

Next week Santonio Holmes returns, and I expect Darrelle Revis will too.
Calvin Pace too, maybe? Really pleased they went out there and took care of business, with a MNF game against Favre coming up against a divisional opponent with a bad record that always plays the Jets tough. I actually thought they might come out a little flat in this one (though I tend to be negative when it comes to the Jets), especially after a huge Sunday night win over a division rival that's expected to compete for first in the AFC East. What this game showed is that if the Jets are playing a team that can't stop them running the ball, they can run all over them and just absolutely dominate the game. Last two weeks they showed they could win when they needed to throw it, this week they showed they could really physically dominate an opponent. Supposed to be a gimme game, but these are the ones that they lose sometimes. Really pleased with how this game went.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Next week should be a great game. Hopefully Ellis doesn't push himself and they let him sit. I know we're hurting on the line, but it's definitely better to have him for the long haul. Hopefully Revis and Pace aren't pushed into action if they aren't ready either. Can't wait for Santonio though!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

So...the MNF game just got a lot more interesting. How are you guys feeling about it? I'm cautiously optimistic, but the Vikings should be tough. This is a huge game for them, too. Really looking forward to it, part of me wants to get tickets and go but they're pretty expensive and I'm not sure what the deal is with parking at the new stadium either, thought there was some complicating factor with needing a pass to park at the stadium and stuff.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Im pretty sure you need a parking pass i addition to a ticket, and its expensive.

As for the game, I'm pretty nervous about it. The Vikings really need this game alot more than we do and their coming off a bye. Although we are clearly the better team i feel like it could just be one of those games, hopefully im wrong though

Sig by Me
Old 10-06-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
As for the game, I'm pretty nervous about it. The Vikings really need this game alot more than we do and their coming off a bye. Although we are clearly the better team i feel like it could just be one of those games, hopefully im wrong though
Thats how I felt about the Dolphins game. I think it comes from being a Jets fan.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Thats how I felt about the Dolphins game. I think it comes from being a Jets fan.
Definitely does. I was even a LITTLE worried about the Bills game. Not too worried but if things are looking good I assume something will go wrong. We'll see what happens, that Moss trade certainly doesn't help. That offense is going to be pretty sick when Rice comes back and they can bring out Moss, Rice, Harvin, Schiancoe, and AD. Glad we're missing that at least.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Definitely does. I was even a LITTLE worried about the Bills game. Not too worried but if things are looking good I assume something will go wrong. We'll see what happens, that Moss trade certainly doesn't help. That offense is going to be pretty sick when Rice comes back and they can bring out Moss, Rice, Harvin, Schiancoe, and AD. Glad we're missing that at least.
Unless we see them in Dallas that is ;)

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Is Revis annoying anyone else lately? After his hold out, going on about how he didn't want to hold out because he's a team leader, and going on about how he's the best corner in the NFL every second sentence, to having his twitter page be a sell out to motorola, to being injured but still talking crap about Randy Moss and other players...

*shrug*, maybe it's just me. But here's a guy that used to be my favorite player on the team, who is now someone I wish would just shut up and play.

Last edited by AHungryWalrus : 10-08-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Revis annoying anyone else lately? After his hold out, going on about how he didn't want to hold out because he's a team leader, and going on about how he's the best corner in the NFL every second sentence, to having his twitter page be a sell out to motorola, to being injured but still talking crap about Randy Moss and other players...

*shrug*, maybe it's just me. But here's a guy that used to be my favorite player on the team, who is now someone I wish would just shut up and play.
I agree 100%. Revis holds out forever, even though the Mangold situation showed that the Jets would be willing to negotiate with players even if they were in camp. Then he talks a ton of crap and gets injured probably because he wasn't in the best condition, leaving Boldin to dominate. Then he continued to say he wouldn't come back until he was 100%, then gets burned and complains that he was still hurt. I'm just a little fed up with his attitude overall. I hope Cro continues to play like a beast to give Revis a little humility.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah, I liked Revis a lot more before this season.

How good does everybody think this team is? I thought the Jets I know and (despite knowing them) love would have lost that game against the Vikings. However, there's a lot of time left for us to see the "same old Jets". Regardless, I'm impressed with how the team is able to overcome mistakes and injuries and still win the game. Not turning the ball over in four straight wins is also damn impressive. Should be an interesting one in Denver this week against the Kyle Orton led passing offense that's dominating right now. I'm curious to see what gameplan Rex and Pettine come up with defensively. Hoping for another big game from the offense too.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

That was an ugly, ugly win. But I'll take it. So much for this team to work on...the fact that they've got that record heading into the bye week is impressive. They've got to play well these next few weeks, because that week 11-16 schedule is brutal.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Great to get a win on a day when we didnt play particularly well. Bye week should be huge to get healthy and prepared for GB. IMO we need to go 2-1 or 3-0 coming out of the bye

Sig by Me
Old 10-18-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
That was an ugly, ugly win. But I'll take it. So much for this team to work on...the fact that they've got that record heading into the bye week is impressive. They've got to play well these next few weeks, because that week 11-16 schedule is brutal.
Hell, the rest of our schedule other than week 17 is tough. Even our "easy" games (Lions and Browns) are away games, and the Lions will have Stafford back... That team could easily be 3 and 3 now instead of 1 - 5.

The Cleveland game is the only game I can honestly sit here and say I'm not that worried about until we get the Bills at home.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Hell, the rest of our schedule other than week 17 is tough. Even our "easy" games (Lions and Browns) are away games, and the Lions will have Stafford back... That team could easily be 3 and 3 now instead of 1 - 5.

The Cleveland game is the only game I can honestly sit here and say I'm not that worried about until we get the Bills at home.
I absolutely agree with you, the rest of the schedule should be really tough. The Bengals are terrible this year though, although they have a lot of talent on that team and could turn it around. The defense is good and they've got talent at some positions on offense, but the OL can be suspect and Palmers been playing terribly. That game I think could be coupled with the Browns and Lions, who have been playing really well this year. But I figured I'd throw out something other than the rest of the season. The Jets and the Bills usually split too, so I wouldn't look past that one either. They'll definitely want to play spoiler if in a position to do so. But this team is talented enough to win a good portion of those games and make the playoffs.