Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season sucks.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quarless=mInIfInley
Play like a pro and not the drunken idiot you were in college and you can really put up some numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
This season sucks.
QFT. We are 3-2 and it feels like we probably won't even make the wild card. We don't even get to watch most of our star players. It feels like watching preseason football right now.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:46 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Every team is taking away the deep ball threat of Jennings.
The Packers need to get back to running Jennings on the slants, but it won't be as easy without J-Mike clearing the middle of the field.

Finley missed 3 games last year, including the big Vikings and Cowboys games. The lucky Vikings won't have to see him again, either game this year.

We lost 2/3 without him last year.

Crappy luck. I can't remember Gates or Gonzalez ever missing so much time injured. Why our guys always this year?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get well J-Mike!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate all the injuries to significant players lately. Seems like more than normal this year.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
The Packers need to get back to running Jennings on the slants, but it won't be as easy without J-Mike clearing the middle of the field.

Finley missed 3 games last year, including the big Vikings and Cowboys games. The lucky Vikings won't have to see him again, either game this year.

We lost 2/3 without him last year.

Crappy luck. I can't remember Gates or Gonzalez ever missing so much time injured. Why our guys always this year?
The world is against the Packers! ITS YOU GUYS VS THE UNIVERSE!

Yes, you are having an injury plagued season and it sucks, but you aren't the only team to suffer through them. My fantasy team is experiencing the same thing!

But Jermichael is awesome, and I do believe he is the next great receiving TE behind Gonzalez and Gates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it safe to drop Finley from my teams yet? Or is there an outside shot he returns before the regular season is over?
Old 10-14-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Is it safe to drop Finley from my teams yet? Or is there an outside shot he returns before the regular season is over?
I'd be shocked if he came back this year. He damaged his meniscus in his knee, and they went into surgery intending to remove it completely and that's where the 3-6 week recovery time came from. However, when they got their hands dirty, they discovered they could repair it instead of removing it. Good news for Finley and the Packers long term, but the recovery time is significantly longer, like 2-3 months. Pre-surgery Finley was saying he would be back in 2-3 weeks, McCarthy was saying 3-6 weeks. Post surgery, there hasn't been anything official, but rumors saying Finley has been informing teammates that he's done for the year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-14-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the curse of my FF team strikes again
Old 10-14-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I think he's a safe drop. By the time he's back (if he comes back) fantasy playoffs will be wrapping up.

If anything, I'd drop him for Andrew Quarless if you really need TE depth. I think you said you had Hernandez, though, so you should be fine.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yeah, I think he's a safe drop. By the time he's back (if he comes back) fantasy playoffs will be wrapping up.

If anything, I'd drop him for Andrew Quarless if you really need TE depth. I think you said you had Hernandez, though, so you should be fine.
I have Gresham but dang it he's on bye so had to pick up Heap as a 1 week stopgap
Old 10-14-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I'd definitely get Quarless on your roster if you could. I lost Finley and went with Pettigrew just because he catches at least 5 balls every game. Couldn't take a risk, small rosters and thin team. If I could I would have gone with Quarless though because he has top 5 potential going forward, but it's risky.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-14-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked up Quarless in a ton of leagues(seeing as how I owned Finley in a ton of leagues), while he has some talent it's more so one of those situations that is production by default. Rodgers is gonna throw it a ton, Donald Lee is hurt, Quarless is the starting TE and has a chance to make some solid numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donald Lee returned to practice today and looked good according to reports

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Donald Lee returned to practice today and looked good according to reports
For some reason that no talent ass clown always finds significant playing time. He can block, I won't knock his talents there, but he has no business running routes. But I'm sure he will be because that's what we've always done with him.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Yeah, I had Finley in both leagues, but I also have Aaron Hernandez in both leagues, so I'm hoping he can step up and replace Finley's production.

I was hoping I couldve went 2 TE with both of em, but that's no longer a possibility.

I picked up Quarless in 1 league and couldn't in the other, someone else was able to snatch him up.

Now I gotta hope Sidney Rice comes back and returns to form, and the rest of my guys pick it up or else I'm in trouble.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now I gotta hope Sidney Rice comes back and returns to form, and the rest of my guys pick it up or else I'm in trouble.
Based on Brad Childress' press conference comments I would not bet on it anytime soon.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Based on Brad Childress' press conference comments I would not bet on it anytime soon.
What did he say? I just need Rice back healthy and back to his old FF self for the playoffs. I can survive without him until then.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
What did he say? I just need Rice back healthy and back to his old FF self for the playoffs. I can survive without him until then.
My latest fantasy update on him says this:

Quote:
10-14-10 - Head coach Brad Childress spoke at Wednesday's press conference as if Rice was not close to returning to the lineup soon, 1500 ESPN Twin Cities' Tom Pelissero reports.

Recommendation: Childress said that Rice was "doing stationary Wiihabing" on Wednesday, so it doesn't look as if he'll be playing anytime soon.
(Rotowire.com)

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-15-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wiihabing. Lol.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote