Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which Second Year QB Will Have The Best Season?
Matt Leinart 44 31.88%
Vince Young 28 20.29%
Bruce Gradkowski 3 2.17%
Jay Cutler 40 28.99%
Tarvaris Jackson 12 8.70%
Kellen Clemens 3 2.17%
Brodie Croyle 4 2.90%
Quinton Porter 2 1.45%
Other (Post Pick) 2 1.45%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

This fight is boring. When do they move on to the "Jello" stage?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:14 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,004
Reputation: 177569
OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
what relevance do you think the fact that you responded before niel has on anything? does that somehow make my comment less obviously sarcastic, or does it somehow justify your ridiculous response? i fail to see the bearing here. i also find it funny that you continue to try to push the "everyone hates you" ********, which is a verifiably untrue opinion.
What relevance do you think no one else publicly stating they thought it was serious has on anything? Just because no one came out and questioned it publicly doesn't mean everyone took it as a joke or sarcasm, as I said most probably couldn't care less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
prove that, in either instance, it was aimed at getting a reaction.
I'm not sure why I should have to, given I'm not accusing you of being serious now you've made it clear it was an attempt at sarcasm. If it was serious of course it would be an attempt at getting a reaction - as I said it's a classic troll post designed to start an argument, so classic in fact it has even when it wasn't serious! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you're still the only moron who has decided that it was a completely serious response. no one whose opinion has any value has agreed with you. stop trying to state that that was the case as if it's somehow more factual every time you say it.
Um, it is factual for me - I took it as serious, and I think anyone with a level head can see it was clearly not an obviously sarcastic post. I've still yet to hear how it was obviously sarcastic, and "common sense" doesn't cover it I'm afraid. Common sense suggests to me you posting that message when quoting someone saying something positive about VY means you were trying to agitate the person you were quoting, I still don't understand how you were meaning to use sarcasm or the point of it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it's called common sense. not that tough. failing that, you might have tried not screaming "troll" at the first opportunity. but yeah, i'm sure scott would kill to have a grade A troll as a mod. i'm sure ward would put up with it. i think we're getting back into common sense territory.
Well, he sure has a mod that likes to insult his readers. Call me crazy, but as a mod I think you should be a little more reluctant to fuel an argument of this nature. As I said, if you realized I had interpreted it as serious and simply made it clear it was an attempt at sarcasm, it'd be over. Instead you seem hell bent on stating your own facts that it was definitely clearly 100% sarcasm, which is definitely clearly 100% wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the fact that you are incapable of distinguishing sarcasm and honest opinion does not mean the full burden of your inability to maybe, you know, look into it before posting a knee jerk response does not place the burden on me. no one put a bloody gun to your head and told you to reply before you had any idea what you were talking about. again, you're the guy who failed to see what every user after you was able to see. why should i have to cater to the lowest common denominator on this board? if you don't understand my posts, don't bloody reply to them.
There are many reasons why people may not take up issue with it other than presuming it was sarcasm. Again, I still would like a clear reason why it should be, without a shadow of a doubt, considered obvious sarcasm. As I said, I've met plenty of people with that opinion on VY who would post such a thing to try and start a flame war. Give me one good reason why what you posted couldn't be taken as a serious post - I've seen plenty like it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
*yawn* someone else whining about the fact that i don't capitalize words. wow. the point was not my typos. the point was that you called me out (originally, YOU called ME out) for a lack of ability to use an english language you clearly have less than no mastery over. in your next post, you use terrible phrasing and sentence structure to convey ideas that could've and should've been expressed far more simply. let's not turn this into a conversation about english. your high school diploma and spell check will not hold up nearly as well as you think they will.
If you don't want to turn it into a conversation about English, don't bring up irrelevant misspellings of a word then. My qualm with your use of English was a questionable use of sarcasm that seemed to have no place with what you were quoting and a lacking of any real measures to make sure the message was obviously sarcasm. You need to do more than read out what your typing to yourself in a sarcastic tone for Internet readers to know what you're trying to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
your'e the one who brought up english and lack of ability to use it in the first place. jesus christ, do you just type things and then immediately forget what you said and what accusations you made? this is just not that difficult. but it's cool, in your next worthless response, i get to look forward to you blaming me for bringing up whether my dad could beat up yours. can't bloody wait. please god, if you can't keep up with me, at least try to keep up with yourself, or are you actually getting dumber by the minute?
See above. My bringing up of English was relevant to the reasonings as to why I thought you were being serious, yours have so far been petty attempts at insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
because i would expect you to, you know, THINK about it before replying. if i wrote something about cutler and sarf responded with "he's worthless." i would know he was kidding. if random fan x with more than 5 posts on the board said the same thing, i would try to figure out where they were coming from first. it's just not that hard to "view all posts by..." and if you're too lazy to spend those 5 seconds, you probably shouldn't spend them posting a BS response.
Maybe you would know he was kidding because you know him as a poster? Maybe because "he's worthless" is so generic and basic it would have to be the lamest argument ever if he was serious. VY as a WR is a touchy subject that shows a direct specified attack at a player (if it were serious). It's not quite as random.


Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
why would i respond in any way other than the way you did? why would i be concilliatory? the onus STILL isn't on me. and i haven't once said you had no right to post that garbage. but don't whine when i post back in a similar fashion.
Because due to your lazy use of sarcasm, I was led to believe you were being serious. I didn't call you a horrible excuse for a human being and a moron or whatever, I called you a troll because I thought you were serious, and anyone without a significant degree of knowledge of your posts (like myself) could easy be forgiven for thinking so. Now that I know you weren't serious, my troll insult is not sincere at all, obviously. If the roles were reversed, I would have acknowledge that maybe - just maybe - my post was a little vague in intention and simply made it clear you misunderstood it. I wouldn't have lashed out in retaliation with random name calling as I would have realized you were only calling me a troll because you thought I was serious, and that clearing the matter up would have reversed that judgment.

I've already stated I could have been a little more weary of the fact it might have been sarcasm, but that really shouldn't change your response - you acted as if I insulted you severely and I fail to see how being called a troll when it was a simple misunderstanding is insulting. A simple "I was being sarcastic dude" would have sufficed. Obviously, you didn't have to take the high road and you clearly didn't, but all I'm saying is, my original insult was based on what you said being serious and it wasn't, and the fact I took it seriously isn't entirely my fault no matter how you want to look at it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
where, exactly, did i take offense? and this conflict was FAR from a knee jerk reaction.
Erm, the 1st reply of yours after my troll comment where you quickly made sure to call me stupid?


Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no, you people are looking for it. if i disagree, suddenly some moron feels it has to be a 45 page discussion. i, being the kind, generous person that i am, feel that you should be educated. some people take offense to being wrong and feel obligated to continue discussions long past where they were useful. *shrug* stop projecting your feelings onto me.

two things in all of this seem clear:

1) you've never read any of my posts, thus the final sentence is a complete lie you just made up because it seemed insightful and like it proved your point.

2) you've read some of my posts and thus not believeing it was sarcasm makes this entire discussion even worse and clearly points a big index finger right at the common sense center of your brain.

they are mutually exclusive and one of them must be true. which is it?
It is 2), although with a more realistic twist. I've read some of your posts, likely an amount of posts in line with what an occasional poster like myself would have read of a regular poster, and I've concluded you seem to get in a lot of arguments, but not enough to actually pick up on your traits. Thanks to this lovely little incident, I now know you like to reply to posts with unusual sarcasm. I still don't know why you were even being sarcastic to the post you quoted, it still doesn't seem to relate to what the OP stated at all. It makes MUCH more sense if you were being serious however. It comes off as a specific attack on VY for an issue that only really affects him and a handful of other QB's. It doesn't seem to me like a random off the wall joking post.

Anyway, I apologize for reading too much into your statement and retaliating strongly to it without inquiring whether it was serious first, but there is no way what you posted is clearly sarcasm, particularly to a more casual poster as myself. It isn't realistic to presume everyone knows your personality when posting and knows when you're joking without language and visual aids like smilies, even if you do have 10K+ posts, so there was no need to fly off the handle and start the "stupid" etc tag because I misinterpreted a vague post of yours.

Last edited by OzTitan : 03-20-2007 at 07:40 PM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bulimia twice the taste less calories
Posts: 3,467
Reputation: 49
portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

VY is going to tear it up.
__________________


Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: -170
eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
What relevance do you think no one else publicly stating they thought it was serious has on anything? Just because no one came out and questioned it publicly doesn't mean everyone took it as a joke or sarcasm, as I said most probably couldn't care less.



I'm not sure why I should have to, given I'm not accusing you of being serious now you've made it clear it was an attempt at sarcasm. If it was serious of course it would be an attempt at getting a reaction - as I said it's a classic troll post designed to start an argument, so classic in fact it has even when it wasn't serious! lol



Um, it is factual for me - I took it as serious, and I think anyone with a level head can see it was clearly not an obviously sarcastic post. I've still yet to hear how it was obviously sarcastic, and "common sense" doesn't cover it I'm afraid. Common sense suggests to me you posting that message when quoting someone saying something positive about VY means you were trying to agitate the person you were quoting, I still don't understand how you were meaning to use sarcasm or the point of it.




Well, he sure has a mod that likes to insult his readers. Call me crazy, but as a mod I think you should be a little more reluctant to fuel an argument of this nature. As I said, if you realized I had interpreted it as serious and simply made it clear it was an attempt at sarcasm, it'd be over. Instead you seem hell bent on stating your own facts that it was definitely clearly 100% sarcasm, which is definitely clearly 100% wasn't.



There are many reasons why people may not take up issue with it other than presuming it was sarcasm. Again, I still would like a clear reason why it should be, without a shadow of a doubt, considered obvious sarcasm. As I said, I've met plenty of people with that opinion on VY who would post such a thing to try and start a flame war. Give me one good reason why what you posted couldn't be taken as a serious post - I've seen plenty like it before.



If you don't want to turn it into a conversation about English, don't bring up irrelevant misspellings of a word then. My qualm with your use of English was a questionable use of sarcasm that seemed to have no place with what you were quoting and a lacking of any real measures to make sure the message was obviously sarcasm. You need to do more than read out what your typing to yourself in a sarcastic tone for Internet readers to know what you're trying to do.



See above. My bringing up of English was relevant to the reasonings as to why I thought you were being serious, yours have so far been petty attempts at insults.



Maybe you would know he was kidding because you know him as a poster? Maybe because "he's worthless" is so generic and basic it would have to be the lamest argument ever if he was serious. VY as a WR is a touchy subject that shows a direct specified attack at a player (if it were serious). It's not quite as random.




Because due to your lazy use of sarcasm, I was led to believe you were being serious. I didn't call you a horrible excuse for a human being and a moron or whatever, I called you a troll because I thought you were serious, and anyone without a significant degree of knowledge of your posts (like myself) could easy be forgiven for thinking so. Now that I know you weren't serious, my troll insult is not sincere at all, obviously. If the roles were reversed, I would have acknowledge that maybe - just maybe - my post was a little vague in intention and simply made it clear you misunderstood it. I wouldn't have lashed out in retaliation with random name calling as I would have realized you were only calling me a troll because you thought I was serious, and that clearing the matter up would have reversed that judgment.

I've already stated I could have been a little more weary of the fact it might have been sarcasm, but that really shouldn't change your response - you acted as if I insulted you severely and I fail to see how being called a troll when it was a simple misunderstanding is insulting. A simple "I was being sarcastic dude" would have sufficed. Obviously, you didn't have to take the high road and you clearly didn't, but all I'm saying is, my original insult was based on what you said being serious and it wasn't, and the fact I took it seriously isn't entirely my fault no matter how you want to look at it.




Erm, the 1st reply of yours after my troll comment where you quickly made sure to call me stupid?




It is 2), although with a more realistic twist. I've read some of your posts, likely an amount of posts in line with what an occasional poster like myself would have read of a regular poster, and I've concluded you seem to get in a lot of arguments, but not enough to actually pick up on your traits. Thanks to this lovely little incident, I now know you like to reply to posts with unusual sarcasm. I still don't know why you were even being sarcastic to the post you quoted, it still doesn't seem to relate to what the OP stated at all. It makes MUCH more sense if you were being serious however. It comes off as a specific attack on VY for an issue that only really affects him and a handful of other QB's. It doesn't seem to me like a random off the wall joking post.

Anyway, I apologize for reading too much into your statement and retaliating strongly to it without inquiring whether it was serious first, but there is no way what you posted is clearly sarcasm, particularly to a more casual poster as myself. It isn't realistic to presume everyone knows your personality when posting and knows when you're joking without language and visual aids like smilies, even if you do have 10K+ posts.

njx9's MO is do as I say, not as I do. One of the biggest hypocrits on this board.

He likes to insults posters right and left and say this player sucks because he sucks despite that player leading a team to beyond expectations.
But when the tables is turned on him, and someone doesn't like his favorite players , he comes in and starts to whine. Just start a negative thread about Eli, either of the Vicks, or Moss and see what happens. Just like a school girl who does when a boyband is dissed.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
njx9's MO is do as I say, not as I do. One of the biggest hypocrits on this board.

He likes to insults posters right and left and say this player sucks because he sucks despite that player leading a team to beyond expectations.
But when the tables is turned on him, and someone doesn't like his favorite players , he comes in and starts to whine. Just start a negative thread about Eli, either of the Vicks, or Moss and see what happens. Just like a school girl who does when a boyband is dissed.
The word is hypocrites. The saying is "left and right", not "right and left."

"Tables is turned on him" doesn't make sense, and neither does "...like a schoolgirl who does when a boyband is dissed."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,196
Reputation: 4076734
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
The word is hypocrites. The saying is "left and right", not "right and left."

"Tables is turned on him" doesn't make sense, and neither does "...like a schoolgirl who does when a boyband is dissed."
You need another Elisha sig. This one doesn't show off her body enough.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You need another Elisha sig. This one doesn't show off her body enough.
Seeing as I don't design sigs, why don't you get on that? ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,196
Reputation: 4076734
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Seeing as I don't design sigs, why don't you get on that? ;)
I would, but my sig making skills consists of going to google image search and copy and pasting that image onto my profile.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
Moderator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,837
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
njx9's MO is do as I say, not as I do. One of the biggest hypocrits on this board.

He likes to insults posters right and left and say this player sucks because he sucks despite that player leading a team to beyond expectations.
But when the tables is turned on him, and someone doesn't like his favorite players , he comes in and starts to whine. Just start a negative thread about Eli, either of the Vicks, or Moss and see what happens. Just like a school girl who does when a boyband is dissed.
Exactly. As a Broncos fan, you know he has to stick up for his boys; the QB of the Giants, the QB of the Falcons, a WR/Punt returner for the Dolphins, and a Raiders wide receiver. Makes perfect sense.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Exactly. As a Broncos fan, you know he has to stick up for his boys; the QB of the Giants, the QB of the Falcons, a WR/Punt returner for the Dolphins, and a Raiders wide receiver. Makes perfect sense.
Well, it is obvious that all Bronco fans love the Raiders as well... just look at how much njx loves sarf!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

It all depends on what you go by. If you go by pure passing yards, I will say Cutler, but if you want to go by excitement and playmaking ability I will say Vince Young. I expect a lot from last year's QB draft class though.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
njx9's MO is do as I say, not as I do. One of the biggest hypocrits on this board.

He likes to insults posters right and left and say this player sucks because he sucks despite that player leading a team to beyond expectations.
But when the tables is turned on him, and someone doesn't like his favorite players , he comes in and starts to whine. Just start a negative thread about Eli, either of the Vicks, or Moss and see what happens. Just like a school girl who does when a boyband is dissed.
Can you try to make one post without mentioning school girls......
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Can you try to make one post without mentioning school girls......
Or homosexuality.

Even when he mentions school girls, he manages to give off a homophobic vibe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Or homosexuality.

Even when he mentions school girls, he manages to give off a homophobic vibe.
I hate myself for giving away too much rep today, you deserve all of it over those mere humans
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: anaheim - home of the...ducks?
Posts: 9,998
Reputation: 307973
soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
njx9's MO is do as I say, not as I do. One of the biggest hypocrits on this board.

He likes to insults posters right and left and say this player sucks because he sucks despite that player leading a team to beyond expectations.
But when the tables is turned on him, and someone doesn't like his favorite players , he comes in and starts to whine. Just start a negative thread about Eli, either of the Vicks, or Moss and see what happens. Just like a school girl who does when a boyband is dissed.
what is this 1999? boyband?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
what is this 1999? boyband?
Eacantdraft was clearly born in 1999...so yes!
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,809
Reputation: 28394
bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
what relevance do you think the fact that you responded before niel has on anything? does that somehow make my comment less obviously sarcastic, or does it somehow justify your ridiculous response? i fail to see the bearing here. i also find it funny that you continue to try to push the "everyone hates you" ********, which is a verifiably untrue opinion.



prove that, in either instance, it was aimed at getting a reaction.



you're still the only moron who has decided that it was a completely serious response. no one whose opinion has any value has agreed with you. stop trying to state that that was the case as if it's somehow more factual every time you say it.



it's called common sense. not that tough. failing that, you might have tried not screaming "troll" at the first opportunity. but yeah, i'm sure scott would kill to have a grade A troll as a mod. i'm sure ward would put up with it. i think we're getting back into common sense territory.



the fact that you are incapable of distinguishing sarcasm and honest opinion does not mean the full burden of your inability to maybe, you know, look into it before posting a knee jerk response does not place the burden on me. no one put a bloody gun to your head and told you to reply before you had any idea what you were talking about. again, you're the guy who failed to see what every user after you was able to see. why should i have to cater to the lowest common denominator on this board? if you don't understand my posts, don't bloody reply to them.



*yawn* someone else whining about the fact that i don't capitalize words. wow. the point was not my typos. the point was that you called me out (originally, YOU called ME out) for a lack of ability to use an english language you clearly have less than no mastery over. in your next post, you use terrible phrasing and sentence structure to convey ideas that could've and should've been expressed far more simply. let's not turn this into a conversation about english. your high school diploma and spell check will not hold up nearly as well as you think they will.



your'e the one who brought up english and lack of ability to use it in the first place. jesus christ, do you just type things and then immediately forget what you said and what accusations you made? this is just not that difficult. but it's cool, in your next worthless response, i get to look forward to you blaming me for bringing up whether my dad could beat up yours. can't bloody wait. please god, if you can't keep up with me, at least try to keep up with yourself, or are you actually getting dumber by the minute?



then expect to get called an idiot when you miss on a "gotcha".



and given 98% of the rest of my posts on this board, the lack of reasoning may have been a slight indication to most users that that was not a serious comment. i guess that doesn't apply when you're dealing with a half-wit.



because i would expect you to, you know, THINK about it before replying. if i wrote something about cutler and sarf responded with "he's worthless." i would know he was kidding. if random fan x with more than 5 posts on the board said the same thing, i would try to figure out where they were coming from first. it's just not that hard to "view all posts by..." and if you're too lazy to spend those 5 seconds, you probably shouldn't spend them posting a BS response.



why would i respond in any way other than the way you did? why would i be concilliatory? the onus STILL isn't on me. and i haven't once said you had no right to post that garbage. but don't whine when i post back in a similar fashion.



where, exactly, did i take offense? and this conflict was FAR from a knee jerk reaction.



no, you people are looking for it. if i disagree, suddenly some moron feels it has to be a 45 page discussion. i, being the kind, generous person that i am, feel that you should be educated. some people take offense to being wrong and feel obligated to continue discussions long past where they were useful. *shrug* stop projecting your feelings onto me.

two things in all of this seem clear:

1) you've never read any of my posts, thus the final sentence is a complete lie you just made up because it seemed insightful and like it proved your point.

2) you've read some of my posts and thus not believeing it was sarcasm makes this entire discussion even worse and clearly points a big index finger right at the common sense center of your brain.

they are mutually exclusive and one of them must be true. which is it?
how a troll got to be a mod is beyond me
__________________
bigmac076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:40 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
jesus christ. it was sarcasm you bloody idiot. i even said so in the post you quoted.

in fact, if you had any flaming idea what you're talking about, it would've been clear that, last year at about this time, there were debates on this bloody board about whether vince should go in the top five, and how long it would take him to become a decent quarterback. some folks, who pretty much everyone else on this board wrote off, argued that he was a WR at best (some in comparison to the vick debates, but that's a different story you still wouldn't fathom). on the other hand, you're clearly going to be one of those users who follows me from thread to thread to "call me out" on things that i say. you might try, you know, reading the bloody post you're going to quote in the future to prevent yourself from looking like a 12 year old with a vendetta. get a life.
LOL, I knew you would say that too. I almost went back and edited my post so you wouldnt be able to go on a tyrade about how Im stupid for not knowing it was sarcastic. But seriously, when your post only says he should be a WR how on earth is anyone supposed to know youre being sarcastic? And then when someone responds to a post that makes no sense, you immedietely resort to what you always do...belittlement, insults, etc...BTW, I wasnt on this board a year ago so I dont know anything about the argument that went on here a year ago.

Honestly, you are in another argument here that will probably go 10 pages. Maybe you should step back and think the reason you always get into these is because youre an asshole? Has it occured to you? Im not following you around, dont flatter yourself. But if I read a post and you say some ******** stuff or are stuck in your little superiority complex, im gonna call you on it.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:48 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
wow. Do you usually tend to "prove" you intellect through using very complicated phrases and words to say very basic and simple things?
you dont get it...with NJX9, if you dont state and restate your point 10 different times in several different ways with perfect punctuation and spelling, he will make a post where he attacks every part of the argument you didnt cover and try to turn around your words and make you look like an idiot.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:51 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
The word is hypocrites. The saying is "left and right", not "right and left."

"Tables is turned on him" doesn't make sense, and neither does "...like a schoolgirl who does when a boyband is dissed."
are you seriously correcting grammar on a message board?
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.