Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-18-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sam Hurd better watch out for Jessie Holley.
Know what's funny about this post? Holley absolutley blew up Sam today when Hurd had a clear tackle attempt on a punt return.

So I think he needs to look out for him indeed. That got a nice little WTF from me.

Holley played well for the most part, but got sealed off to all hell on that Percy TD.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
lol. It's probably going to happen that way. Bust out a good 3-4 wins to close out a meaningless season. haha.

Something in me still doesnt want to give up this season...but it obviously looks bleak. Just a mess. Whatever though, I'm not going to let this team or the losses get to me. I've gone through enough losing seasons to know when it's time to calm myself a little bit, during rough seasons. haha.
Yeah, I'm the same. I'm glad this happened early though. For some reason, I can deal with being a losing team from the start. It hurts much less.

I have a way of looking to the future to make me feel better. Draft talk cannot come soon enough. How far away is April? LFMAO. :/
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I "sensed" that percy return too. Just the curse! Meant to happen.

I gaurantee we poop on the giants too. oh well.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we don't start winning games to go 8-8. The crazy thing is were 2 games out of 1st place in NFC unless I'm missing a team, and teams like Atlanta, Tampa and Chicago can be beat so there is plenty of time to turn it around I just can't see it.

I would just rather have the 5th pick in the draft and get a really elite player, were not gonna win a playoff game anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I "sensed" that percy return too. Just the curse! Meant to happen.

I gaurantee we poop on the giants too. oh well.
Speaking of curses, strange how the Percy curse happened but not the Randy Moss curse. Moss went from 7-0 vs the Cowboys to 8-0 but it wasn't Moss who beat them. It was Dallas who beat them.

As of Sunday per the stat sheet Dallas has given up 111 points, kind of in the middle of team defense stats, wtf happened to that alleged top 5 defense?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I am hoping you guys have thrown in the towel. Last thing I want is to use us a launching bad for a good run.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

It's not gonna be a launching pad, but we are gonna beat you lol.

As for the draft, is there even an elite safety we can take if we have a top 15 pick?

Just our luck if there isn't.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for the draft, is there even an elite safety we can take if we have a top 15 pick?

Hehe if you keep shooting yourselves in the foot, then I doubt that. Hopefully, things don't change for this week.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I'm not talking **** or anything at all, and I hope the giants have a successful season, and ours is over.

But I just have the feeling theyre gonna come out and poop all over you guys lol.

To bad it's 4 losses to late.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not talking **** or anything at all, and I hope the giants have a successful season, and ours is over.

But I just have the feeling theyre gonna come out and poop all over you guys lol.

To bad it's 4 losses to late.
Oh I know, I didn't take it that way. No worries man. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if you win. That's our luck. A team can lose 99 games before us, but when we play them, they have their stuff together, and end up winning, before losing out again. So I wouldn't be surprised. However, the same problems have plagued the Cowboys since the start of the season. If you guys can't fix that then I expect a victory.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Speaking of curses, strange how the Percy curse happened but not the Randy Moss curse. Moss went from 7-0 vs the Cowboys to 8-0 but it wasn't Moss who beat them. It was Dallas who beat them.

As of Sunday per the stat sheet Dallas has given up 111 points, kind of in the middle of team defense stats, wtf happened to that alleged top 5 defense?
Are you forgetting how many points our ST's have given up? Or how about Tenn getting the ball inside the 5 twice? How about the fumble returned for a TD at Washington? Our O and STs have put our D in some tough spots this year.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Oh I know, I didn't take it that way. No worries man. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if you win. That's our luck. A team can lose 99 games before us, but when we play them, they have their stuff together, and end up winning, before losing out again. So I wouldn't be surprised. However, the same problems have plagued the Cowboys since Wade Phillips has been Head Coach. If you guys can't fix that then I expect a victory.
Fixed the bolded part.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Doesn't seem like there is a Safety worth a top 10 pick which is where we will be, maybe top 5 lol. Trading back wouldn't be bad. Arguments sake if we pick 4(ha, funny even typing it), I wouldn't mind at least trying to trade back to 12 or so for an extra 2nd and 3rd. Maybe if we pick early enough we can trade back to still get an elite player and grab an extra 2nd and 3rd to make up for the terrible 2009 draft.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Fixed the bolded part.
He is not a good HC. He falls in that category with Norv Turner. Great coordinators who can't manage a team as a HC. He also is a players coach, which, in times like this hurt. We had Jim Fasshole who was the same type of coach, and he lost the team. Undisciplined team who racked up penalties. That's why we went in the other direction and hired someone strict in Coughlin.

Maybe it's time for a change in Dallas. Get tubby out!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Doesn't seem like there is a Safety worth a top 10 pick which is where we will be, maybe top 5 lol. Trading back wouldn't be bad. Arguments sake if we pick 4(ha, funny even typing it), I wouldn't mind at least trying to trade back to 12 or so for an extra 2nd and 3rd. Maybe if we pick early enough we can trade back to still get an elite player and grab an extra 2nd and 3rd to make up for the terrible 2009 draft.
I didn't see any O-lineman in the top half of scott's mock either.

Great.... our luck strikes again!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Tashard Choice even get playing time anymore? Didn't see him out there at all yesterday, other than short yardage situations I like him more than Barber at this point.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I don't think choice got a carry the past 2 games. Maybe he messes up in practice? idk.

Another thing, why is Jason Campbell dogsh*t against everyone but us?

I really want to know what we did to make the football gods hate us..

This unlucky sh*t is getting old.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our post season hopes can officially be crushed now. 4 more losses leaves us with an 8-8 record, and I can see us easily losing to NY at least once, losing at GB, losing to NOR and losing @Indy... I didn't even mention that we still play Philly twice. Our season is over and I initially wanted to start off this post by saying, "Hey, we still have a chance!" But after looking at the schedule by googling it... I said to myself.... Nope... not this time. I usually try to stay optimistic... even in my heart, when my head says there's no chance. But this time... even my heart says we're done... agreeing with what my head told me last week.

The team has no discipline. None. That's ALL on the coach. Completely. He's allowed his players to get away with it without penalty and punishment, so they don't care that much. Even if they say they care, they really don't.

Hey look at Miles Austin, he can jump like a frog! Ooh ooh! Look at him! Wow!

What a joke.

Wade shouldn't even allow the guys to cheer after completing a good play. Really, there's nothing to cheer about. Just go out and keep doing your job. No need to point to the sky or pound your chest or make fancy gestures with your hands or body. Just **** and line up for the next play! I totally blame the head coach for all things related to discipline. Wade is done in Dallas boys... and that's a GOOD thing. Ole fluffy boy needs to get the boot. If it were up to me I'd do it now, and put an interim coach in there. A message needs to be sent. Make Garrett the HC for all I care. We'll see how it works out once and for all and if he sucks... hey, at least we were done before he started and now we can finally get rid of him too.

Remember when we fired our STs coach, vested the entire 2009 draft in guys who were "special teams" specialists? Well Decamillis is a loser STs coach too. He thinks AOA is good at KOs. He has not improved our STs Unit. Our guys still can't block and still can't cover. We've not improved since our dreadful 2008 season. Time to find a new STs coach too!

Hey Jerry, did you see Atogwe's interception yesterday? Yes sir... you let one get away. You traded for Alex Barron, when you should've had discussions with that team to trade for Atogwe! You had something they wanted! Throw in a draft pick and he's ours! Not like you haven't thrown away entire drafts before!

Hey guess what??? This year's safety class is a peice of dog ****! When Taylor Mays was falling and falling in the draft you failed to trade up for him. Instead you got a LB who is a constant injury concern and can't find time on the field over a couple of slow legged veterans...even as a NICKEL LB! Jimminy Cricket!

Felix Jones... 14 carries, 32 yards. 2.3 ypc. Yikes. You suck. We need to trade your ass while you still have value... as minimal as it is. We might be able to get a 4th rounder out of you. 3rd might be asking for too much.

There are 3 things we need to do NOW!

1. We need to start playing Tashard Choice. He's our best RB and he doesn't even touch the ball. Someone (JG) needs to get his head out of his ass and make the change. Felix is not the back we hoped for and Barber is just a situational back these days.

2. Felix needs to be our KO returner on a full time basis. To hell with worrying about him getting hurt.

3. Wade needs to be fired. Garrett should be given full reigns so we can know if he can be our future HC or not!

4. We need to make a trades to bring help in the OL and at S. We have a lot of fat we can trim at WR. Roy Williams' stock is about as high as it'll get. Honestly, we can't fault him for a single thing. He's playing his ass off and not making as many mistakes this year. Our RB stable is fat and unhappy. Time to trim the fat and reallocate our resources.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikes D-Line completely destroyed our offensive line. I honestly dont know what you'd want Felix or Barber to do here. Choice wouldnt have done any better, AD wouldnt have done any better. They have one of the best D-Lines in the league, and we have a ****** offensive line, with three banged up interior lineman. It was a no win situation on the ground. And for the RBs, it was like running into a brick wall. It was a rare moment when our RBs got to the second level. Once again, our line was being killed at the point of attack. If you cant see that, you need glasses good sir. We have plenty of talent at RB, but without consistent run blocking, they're not going to do ****. I dont care who the back is. The line needs to be blown up.

And Roy is untradeable, due to that contract. He's playing well, but no one would take him at that price. It's a rare trade that you'd find any real help at O-Line or S at the deadline anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-18-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The Vikes D-Line completely destroyed our offensive line. I honestly dont know what you'd want Felix or Barber to do here. Choice wouldnt have done any better, AD wouldnt have done any better. They have one of the best D-Lines in the league, and we have a ****** offensive line, with three banged up interior lineman. It was a no win situation on the ground. And for the RBs, it was like running into a brick wall. It was a rare moment when our RBs got to the second level. Once again, our line was being killed at the point of attack. If you cant see that, you need glasses good sir. We have plenty of talent at RB, but without consistent run blocking, they're not going to do ****. I dont care who the back is. The line needs to be blown up.

And Roy is untradeable, due to that contract. He's playing well, but no one would take him at that price. It's a rare trade that you'd find any real help at O-Line or S at the deadline anyway.
I wonder if you guys will bother trying to establish the run against us or not. I imagine it would be the same ole trying to throw to win against us too. Right now we are playing very well against the run, so I'd expect the usual shootout with Romo throwing tons of times. I think it will be interesting game, just due to the fact you guys have tons of talent, so counting you totally out would be a mistake.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I have no idea what we'll do. Garrett went incredibly conservative against the Vikes. Playcalling was extremely timid, and he attempted to protect that offensive line the best he could. But calling 15 or so, screens/swing passes isnt going to win you ball games. Garrett has no faith in the O-line and his playcalling is obviously a reflection of that, these days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-18-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um, I don't quite agree. I do think their DL got the better of our OL, but they do that to virtually everyone. I actually think our OL held up better than I anticipated. I know yards don't mean victories, but they did keep the DL occupied enough to gain 314 net yards. Thats 14 yards off the most gained on them by anyone and more than the Saints gained on them.

I'm not saying our OL was great, but to say they were 'destroyed' is a bit over dramatic.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Felix doesn't look the same, I don't care about our offensive line. He's still a good player and showed it last week but he had over 20 touches, where are the big plays? Last year he needed a few plays to house something, blocking wasn't even an issue, he just could wiggle his way through traffic. Look at the highlights, I don't need to post them because we should all remember, let's not(yes MOTH I mean you lol) act like Felix needs pro bowl blocking to make a play.

If that is the case then he's not as special as any of us thought. I'm not bashing him, and he does need a crease, but there were tons of plays Sunday he would have scored on last year especially when he got out into space. He's still our best RB, and Choice should play more, but your ignoring the obvious if nobody wants to acknowledge he's not the same as the 2 years prior, while still good he's lost some explosiveness.

Any money we hear about him losing weight this off-season.

I just hope we get a top 10 pick, at this point I'd be happier with losses, that means we will probably clean house with the coaches, and get a better chance at a truly elite player.

But since there aren't any legit Safeties worth it, or tackles, it'll be tricky.

And D, are you really blaming Jerry for not trading up to get Taylor Mays? Lol. He sucks. NOBODY wanted Taylor Mays, there is a good reason he slid as far as he did with no one trading up and that's because he cant cover in space, and is a horrible fit with our football team.

You know how much we blitz and how much we leave players in man to man, ummm Taylor Mays would be a disaster that way. He's great in cover 2, lots of zone, keeping plays in front of him, but I don't know why you won't admit he'd be terrible on our team even if another team found a place for him. You've got to let that one go, he's not a good player, hasn't shown he'll be one yet for SF, and would be attrocious for us. None of his strengths we would be able to use on our defense and every single one of his weaknesses we expect out of a safety.

Also, another thing we haven't talked about is the fact that Buehler is our FG kicker now, anyone notice how he doesn't have nearly as many touchbacks? That's why our ST units was so good last year they rarely had to tackle anyone. Now that he's worked on kicking FG's he's not powering the ball into the endzone anymore.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Um, I don't quite agree. I do think their DL got the better of our OL, but they do that to virtually everyone. I actually think our OL held up better than I anticipated. I know yards don't mean victories, but they did keep the DL occupied enough to gain 314 net yards. Thats 14 yards off the most gained on them by anyone and more than the Saints gained on them.

I'm not saying our OL was great, but to say they were 'destroyed' is a bit over dramatic.
I meant in the running game. There were no running lanes at all. The word "destroyed" is just fine to use in this regard. Where were the holes?

But the passing game wasnt all that much better. The stats dont paint an accurate picture in this game. We threw 17 screens or swing passes. 10 to a wide open, uncovered Felix Jones. We rarely tried to throw down field, most of the playcalling was designed to be short. The gameplan was as such, because there was no confidence for them to hold up against a much better defensive line. And when we rarely did attempt to throw down field, the O-Line were being bull rushed into the pocket, collapsing it. Romo had to take off several times.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-18-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Felix doesn't look the same, I don't care about our offensive line. He's still a good player and showed it last week but he had over 20 touches, where are the big plays? Last year he needed a few plays to house something, blocking wasn't even an issue, he just could wiggle his way through traffic. Look at the highlights, I don't need to post them because we should all remember, let's not(yes MOTH I mean you lol) act like Felix needs pro bowl blocking to make a play.

If that is the case then he's not as special as any of us thought. I'm not bashing him, and he does need a crease, but there were tons of plays Sunday he would have scored on last year especially when he got out into space. He's still our best RB, and Choice should play more, but your ignoring the obvious if nobody wants to acknowledge he's not the same as the 2 years prior, while still good he's lost some explosiveness.

Any money we hear about him losing weight this off-season.

I just hope we get a top 10 pick, at this point I'd be happier with losses, that means we will probably clean house with the coaches, and get a better chance at a truly elite player.

But since there aren't any legit Safeties worth it, or tackles, it'll be tricky.

And D, are you really blaming Jerry for not trading up to get Taylor Mays? Lol. He sucks. NOBODY wanted Taylor Mays, there is a good reason he slid as far as he did with no one trading up and that's because he cant cover in space, and is a horrible fit with our football team.

You know how much we blitz and how much we leave players in man to man, ummm Taylor Mays would be a disaster that way. He's great in cover 2, lots of zone, keeping plays in front of him, but I don't know why you won't admit he'd be terrible on our team even if another team found a place for him. You've got to let that one go, he's not a good player, hasn't shown he'll be one yet for SF, and would be attrocious for us. None of his strengths we would be able to use on our defense and every single one of his weaknesses we expect out of a safety.

Also, another thing we haven't talked about is the fact that Buehler is our FG kicker now, anyone notice how he doesn't have nearly as many touchbacks? That's why our ST units was so good last year they rarely had to tackle anyone. Now that he's worked on kicking FG's he's not powering the ball into the endzone anymore.
You guys expect big plays in every game, against some of the best defenses. I dont know what to tell you. Our o-line is ****...blocking wasnt an issue last year? Look at any youtube video of Felix's big runs last year, the majority of which, he was running through massive holes and they're not there this season. Felix makes people miss at the 2nd level, and we cant get him there at all right now. Felix doesnt look any slower at all. When he's in the open field, he looks exactly the same as he always did. Did you see him on the last play of the game? He showed every bit of that speed and explosiveness.

I really dont know what to tell you guys...re-watch these games if you have to. There were no running lanes. Give me any back on our team or in the league, they're not going to be successful in this game.

I have no problem, if you want to hate on him a bit for only have 61 yards on 10 receptions, and getting tackled by corners. Even I hoped for more on those plays. But seriously...in the running game, you guys are expecting him to do big things with no blocking. Good luck. I dont even know how else to put it...there were no lanes, our line was over powered on the ground, by a great defensive line. I say kudos to them. Because they made it look easy.

edit...also, this is all a little hilarious to me. Because Felix looked fantastic against the Titans and then he has a rough game, with no blocking, mind you...and there is something wrong with him again. lolz.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-18-2010 at 03:58 PM.