Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-18-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well another frustrating loss but close which gives us hope still for after the bye with the Lion King Simba Stafford.

Stupid mistakes kill us as always, penalties especially the Suh hands to the face led to TD instead of 3rd and 20, Peterman being a moron coming in late with a hit which led to Hill getting hurt, the illegal formation taking away a big Burleson gain into the Giants redzone followed by the Stanton fumble, Avril swinging giving them a TD instead of a FG, catching ball inbounds instead of letting it go out on the kickoff, drops, Burleson fumble while driving that the Giants turned around into a td, Wesley personal foul knocking us back on the last drive. Yikes. Deserve to lose with all those mistakes.

I was impressed/surpised with Stanton though. It wasn't pretty but he kept us in the game both in the air and with his legs. The last pass to Pettigrew was a little high but catchable.

Our run defense needs some serious work. It doesn't help having 6th string LBs in and our secondary taking bad angles but Bradshaw did what he wanted and Jacobs punched it in twice. Especially to the right side as expected right at Avril. And our run offense is even more atrocious. Somebody needs to learn how to run block, thankfully the short stuff to Best and the Tight Ends still work and Calvin had a big game.

Stinks losing Hill but hope Stafford is back. Thought it should have been a penalty with Tuck going low on Hill. Isn't that the Tom Brady rule or can you hit below the knees. He may have got blocked into him I'll have to double check.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when they called 6 men on the line was it just me or did we have 7.

I thought I counted 7.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
when they called 6 men on the line was it just me or did we have 7.

I thought I counted 7.
There was 7 I just rewatched the play. 1 WR at the very top, then 5 linemen, then a TE next to Gosder. Maybe it was because Burleson was not on the line covering up the TE. Don't really get why it was illegal and that is absolute bull **** if it wasn't. Such a big swing if that is the case. The First down went to the 5 yard line and the very next play Osi stripped Stanton and Tuck recovered leading to a Giants td moving the score to 21-10 instead of 17-14 Lions lead. I hope there is an expanation on why at some point.

Rewatched one more time and paused it. Gosder is back off the line a little bit. It's his fault.

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 10-19-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote