Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lord of No Rings is responsible for this mess

One of the reasons for the creation of it is hiring Norv in the first place
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
The Lord of No Rings is responsible for this mess

One of the reasons for the creation of it is hiring Norv in the first place
You're absolutely right about this.

The Norv hiring was 100% about ego. AJ wanted to prove that he could win a Superbowl with a mediocre-at-best headcoach to prove how awesome a talent evaluator he was.

He did get stuck between a rock and hard place with that coaching search, though. Once Cam Cameron and Wade Phillips left, the coaching staff was comprised of only Marty, who did very little coaching at that point in his career. It was too late to get any real, viable head coach prospects.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny when people with no rings make fun of AJ Smith for having no rings.

Anywho, Smith hasn't been that bad. He's added many talented players to that roster and helped them be among the best teams in the league for years.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think either is totally to blame, the Chargers keep playing well despite all the losses. They are 2-4 but haven't we seen this every year?

Bottom line is that its very hard to win a Super Bowl, especially in the AFC competing with 3 of the best run franchises in sports right now (Colts, Steelers, Pats) and they haven't always had all their pieces at full speed in playoff time. You always have to have a balance of good young players and veterans because you can't pay everyone in their prime for prime money. The reason the chargers were loaded for a bit there was because of how well Smith drafted.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not me.....

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
If Smith wants to mock us for having no rings he certainly can.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feel sorry for him? He's a millionaire and gets to coach the best athletes in his sport for a living. And his underachieving teams have knocked the Colts out of the playoffs way too many times! Hell no I don't feel sorry for that pockmarked bastard.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
If Smith wants to mock us for having no rings he certainly can.
And I can mock him back for not taking Larry Fitzgerald in 2004. :D
Old 10-19-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Anywho, Smith hasn't been that bad. He's added many talented players to that roster and helped them be among the best teams in the league for years.
People mock him because he's a pompous asshole that thinks he knows more than he really does, while having absolutely nothing to show for it.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And I can mock him back for not taking Larry Fitzgerald in 2004. :D
I was going to say it worked out well for him, but Brees has a ring and Rivers doesn't. I don't know if they would have won one if he stayed, I do know they haven't with Rivers and the team is going in the wrong direction.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
TheMorningZoo
Rookie

TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My take (Charger fan)

My take on Norv is simple, I like Norv the human being and Norv the " Offensive Coordinator"-but hate Norv the HC. Don't get me wrong, the guy is amazing at X's and O's, but he reminds me of Charlie Weiss. A football Guru but not a Head Coach candidate. Regardless of all the ******** AJ Smith has done (I despise him) Norv is coaching one of the better teams in the NFL as far as Roster talent is concerned. I think his track record speaks for itself, mediocre HC-good OC. Hell I remember when we hired him all the San Fran fans wanted him back because of the strides he made with Alex Smith. I do appreciate the progression of Rivers under Norv, but he is too finesse and we lost the physicality we used to show under Marty. Our Line used to be stacked with road graders, LoNeal at FB, and of course LT. But when Norv took over he phased out the Power Run game and brought in the Air Raid (not literally) Passing attack. Defense has been a mess as well. Like others have said yeah we lost Jamaal Williams who was the top NT a few years ago and Merriman went downhill. I don't blame him for injuries or players leaving, but he needs to make due with what we have and motivate! I think we need to get a tough headed coach back in here like Cowher or someone, but with AJ still overlooking every move I doubt that will happen
TheMorningZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowher IMO is coming back to the NFL in 2011 or 2012.
He would be a great fit in SD, I bet.

If Cowher had coached the Bolts the last 6 years, I think they have at least one Lombardi.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt Cowher moves all the way to the West Coast. No way he'd go there with AJ Smith there for sure.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote