Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
An NFL source said the Packers have had talks with the Dallas Cowboys about ďone ofĒ their running backs. The 1-4 Cowboys rotate Felix Jones, Tashard Choice and Marion Barber, and ESPNís Chris Mortensen reported Sunday morning that itís Barber that the Packers and Cowboys have discussed.
Well, it sure as hell wasn't Felix b/c Jerry won't part with his fellow Razorback whom he handpicked in the draft (snubbing McFadden, lol) when they had 2 1st rd picks..... ah yes, (sigh) nostalgia for the good old days.

Tell the Cheeseheads that Barber is still an effective 3rd down back who hasn't really lost a step from all the nagging injuries, still hits the hole hard & bounces away from plugged holes outside as good as any rookie RB in the league. Barber's asking price s/b no < a 2nd rounder & a player, preferably a RB not named Grant.

Goddamned uppity Cheeseheads, who do they think they are :D ? Do they think Dallas has forgotten that they have to travel to Lambeau later this yr. Soooooo glad that trade din't happen, but Dallas will have unload one of the 3 RBs & reload a new RB in next yr's draft in any case, just my take....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
On one fateful night in Seattle back in 2007, there was a glimpse.
Twas a good game, good game. Highlight of his career, sadly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

LOL, and then he dropped a sure handed pick six in the 2nd quarter that surely would've put the game in our grasp.

Microcosm of his career.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Jenkins has really taken a step back this year. He's been very inconsistent.

I still think he has shutdown potential on any given Sunday. But he's having a down year.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Gimme Cullen Jenkins, AJ Hawk or Charles Woodson. :)
Keep dreaming. ;).

Hawk might have been an option before Barnett and Chillar got hurt. Even then, probbaly not.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Mike Jenkins has really taken a step back this year. He's been very inconsistent.

I still think he has shutdown potential on any given Sunday. But he's having a down year.
BBD, what are your thoughts on the game? Not that it even matters for us anymore anymore.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
BBD, what are your thoughts on the game? Not that it even matters for us anymore anymore.
This game or the one vs Minny?

I thought the Minny game was poorly officiated and it cost the Cowboys, but the Cowboys also cost themselves with mistakes.

This game, I think your defense matches up very well with our offense and I think our defense can contain your offense as well.

Its gonna be a good old fashioned NFC East battle that will be close either way, whoever turns it over more loses.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, his coverage hasn't been bad. In fact, he really hasn't been beat. He just reaches out and grabs guys when there really is no need to grab them. That's the frustrating part. It's not like he's gotten the penalties because he was so beat he had to grab someone to avoid a TD.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:

I thought the Minny game was poorly officiated and it cost the Cowboys, but the Cowboys also cost themselves with mistakes.

This game, I think your defense matches up very well with our offense and I think our defense can contain your offense as well.

Its gonna be a good old fashioned NFC East battle that will be close either way, whoever turns it over more loses.
I meant monday night.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we would trade Barber before we release him in the off-season. A 4th rounder would make me giddy. It's not like we use him that much anymore anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm Barber and Bradshaw.. I can see it now!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Hmmmm Barber and Bradshaw.. I can see it now!
I can't. Why on earth would you want Barber when you hate Jacobs so much? Barber is the same, arguably worse at this stage in his career.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't. Why on earth would you want Barber when you hate Jacobs so much? Barber is the same, arguably worse at this stage in his career.
I like Barber, the guy is like a battle tank which a skill set better than Jacobs. You have a skill set better than Jacobs! I am sure he could do a better job in getting yards with Bradshaw going first and annoying opposing defenses.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Atrocious safety help.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Atrocious safety help.
D is right.

He's actually had to make plays that were not his responsiblity due to the poor safety play. The Knox play against Chi comes to mind.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys ever think T-New would ever move to Safety? It's a thought I think we've discussed here for the last couple years. Do you think it's a realistic option or no?

The way I look at it now is that we are now in draft range to get a guy like Patrick Peterson. Jenkins and Peterson would be the sex. But could we then move Newman to Safety? The thought intrigues me. I have to admit.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-19-2010 at 02:23 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they would keep Newman at corner since he's playing great there this year, and they'd probably want to ease in a young corner before taking a guy like Newman away from that spot. Scandrick isn't playing too well so far this season, and I think that they will want to keep the sure thing in Newman there before revamping the spot.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you guys ever think T-New would ever move to Safety? It's a thought I think we've discussed here for the last couple years. Do you think it's a realistic option or no?

The way I look at it now is that we are now in draft range to get a guy like Patrick Peterson. Jenkins and Peterson would be the sex. But could we then move Newman to Safety? The thought intrigues me. I have to admit.

Oh please do not talk of Patrick Peterson on the Cowboys I can't ruin my work pants this early in the day.

I've always thought Newman at FS would work out no problem, actually could be ideal. I thought he could move there awhile ago, but keep in mind we better get a thumper at SS because Newman will fall apart trying to tackle guys too often.

Jesus, Jenkins and Peterson? Can we please lose moar games now!!111!!

Lol not but that'd be awesome. Love to have Wade as the DC if that were the case, we'd blitz nearly every play.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If you guys got Peterson, I'd probalby cry.

But say that does happen, you still keep Newman at CB. Having 3 good CBs is a requirement these days, not a luxury. So Id keep Newman at CB, Scandrick can be your 4, and just press and get after that qb.

A good press man defense can get away with mediocre safeties. Look at the Jets. They just play zero coverage every 3rd and long and blitz their safeties.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
If you guys got Peterson, I'd probalby cry.
The great thing about the 2010 Cowboys is that they're just good enough that they're probably going to finish with a 7-9 or 8-8 record, and they're just bad enough that they won't make the playoffs.

So I doubt they'll have a high enough draft pick in 2011 to get any of the elite CBs like Peterson or Amukamara.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The great thing about the 2010 Cowboys is that they're just good enough that they're probably going to finish with a 7-9 or 8-8 record, and they're just bad enough that they won't make the playoffs.

So I doubt they'll have a high enough draft pick in 2011 to get any of the elite CBs like Peterson or Amukamara.
Your probably right, but at this point 8-8 is a big stretch. That means we go 7-4 the rest of the way and our schedule only gets harder and we haven't played any where near good enough to go 7-4.

Ironic part is every loss has been 7 or less points, that close to being undefeated. Easy to see how important penalties and special teams has been.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ironic part is every loss has been 7 or less points, that close to being undefeated. Easy to see how important penalties and special teams has been.
I still think the Cowboys are pound-for-pound the best team in the NFC East talent-wise. They've literally dominated the game in each of their losses. All it would take for them to be a playoff team this year is some more discipline. As it stands, even with Wade Phillips, I don't see them losing more than 10 games, MAX, in 2010. I think they will go on a late-season run and again, they're not getting a top 10 draft pick unless they tank the season on purpose.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I knew harvin was gonna take that kid back. Call it a 6th sense.

I asked this question before... if we beat the giants and jags and are 3-4... where do we go fro there?..

Anyone?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

Go back to establishing the run! Start with Bradshaw and dare I say, bash them with Jacobs for a little bit.. just a little bit.. BBD, so don't get too excited! : )
Old 10-20-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

It's gonna be upsetting when we win this game lol