Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-15-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michigan Wolverines Discussion

Ok, I know this is a Lions forum but I figured since the vast majority of us are Michigan fans (sorry asmitty45) this thread would be more useful in here than it would be in the college forum. Spring practice is coming up and I thought that it is never too early to start talking Michigan football.

Anyways, there is big news out of Ann Arbor this week. Adrian Arrington, Carson Butler, and Eugene Germany have been suspended from the team and will not take part in the Spring practices. Also, most speculate that the careers of the three players at Michigan are over with. When asked if the three players would return to the team, coach Carr responded "It's possible, but not probable." The only rumors I've heard so far are that this is drug related for all three players. If anyone finds any updated information, please post it here.

Also, Mike Hart will have arthroscopic surgery and will not participate in Spring practices. He however is expected to be ready to go in the fall.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF? Arrington, Butler and Germany's career's over?

Michigan is screwed. Why are these athletes so stupid? It amazes me . . . they just blew their one chance at making millions for themselves. Morons . . .
Old 03-15-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, nothing is official, but things don't look good.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
lionsfan320
Rookie

lionsfan320 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I played High school ball with Antonio Bass.. I hope HIS carreer isn't over due to a knee injury. haven't heard much however. he's a great talent
Old 03-15-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arrington was a great talent and it will hurt if he is gone he really stepped up when mario went down
Old 03-15-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Potentially losing Butler will hurt. Massey isn't much of a threat in the passing game, and we have 0 depth at TE. Hopefully McLaurin is learning very quickly.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wow...I'm on the damn campus and I never even heard that.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

The quote was actually asking if ALL three players would do enough to get themelves back on the team. I have heard that Germany might be the odd man out and off the team. I think AA and Butler will be back. I think it hurts more if Butler doesn't come back. that kid has first round pick written all over him. Hemmingway will see the field early and often. Also watch out for LaTerryl Savoy could make big things happen if AA doesn't jump through the necessary hoops to see the field again.

Anyways, the biggest problem will be the secondary. Hopefully 2 guys can solidify spots on the corners. I really hope they are Warren and Carlos Brown. Thos 2 have the brightest futures in the secondary. Stevie Brown is gonna make a push all 1st team All Big 11. This kid has insane talent and will make big plays.

The LBs are gonna be something to watch. I still can't believe the disrespect that John Thompson gets. David Harris has said the kid could easily do what he did in the next 2 years. The problem is his practices aren't that good. The Iowa game from 2 years ago should be more than enough for the coaches to see what he can do. I hope he starts at MIKE. Mouton and Crable should be the WILL and SAM LBs too. CGraham is not good. The only problem is that the coaches like how he practices. He is the opposite of Thompson.

The injuries seem to be very minor and am not worried about any of them. Especially since we play Appl St to start off the year and that should also give us a nice break in game.

Mallett is also slated as the backup with Forcier getting some work done on his body. That is a GREAT thing. I hope that A-Hole DeBoard opens up th offense because the talent is unreal. The only problem was that underachiever Breaston was on the team and he got way too many touches than he deserved. I think Manningham goes big time this year and has at the very least 65 catches.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the linebacker spots, I'd go with Panter over Thompson at MIKE. Thompson is just too slow from sideline to sideline for my tastes....
Old 03-15-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Well, there is a rumor going around that Adrian Arrington is already off the team, but since it isn't from a credible source I'm not going to believe it just yet. And Andre Criswell is moving to TE
Old 03-15-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I also think it was a terrible decision to move Graham from DE to DT.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I am a HUGE Shawn Crable fan. I just have a feeling he's going to be a stud this year. I don't know why. And that sucks if true about Arrington. I actually always thought he could be a better overall receiver than Manningham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

to change topic here, i would love to see grady step up this year, His highschool is right down the street from my house and he was an absolute beast in high school. hes one of the backs that if you give him 20-25 carries he does alot of damage he wears defenses out. also his younger brother will be playing basketball for the wolverines this year
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the big reason Grady lost carries to Minor last year(aside from being knicked up) is he can't hold on to the ball. He just seems to have a real problem with ball security. Add to that the fact that Minor and Jackson each had way more yards than Grady on quite a few less carries each, and you get the fact that Grady really needs to step up his game this season if he wants to take over the starting role once Hart leaves.

Quote:

Old 03-17-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I think the big reason Grady lost carries to Minor last year(aside from being knicked up) is he can't hold on to the ball. He just seems to have a real problem with ball security. Add to that the fact that Minor and Jackson each had way more yards than Grady on quite a few less carries each, and you get the fact that Grady really needs to step up his game this season if he wants to take over the starting role once Hart leaves.
Minor struggles with ball security too...
Old 03-18-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we got Dann O'Neill fills an OT spot
Old 03-18-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Minor struggles with ball security too...
Meh, Grady wasn't as bad as I thought last year. He had 2 fumbles to Minor's 1. But you have to admit, he did have 2 very costly fumbles against ND and Wisconsin in '05. Plus he was averaging under 4 yards per carry while Minor was averaging almost 6. I still believe Grady will have to work very hard and show alot if he wants to be the feature back after next season.

Quote:

Old 03-18-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i agree with what all you guys are sayin, but grady wont improve until he gets the ball close to 25 times a day, he is a workhorse and he beats the defense up he won't start getting major yards until the 4th quarter where he does his damage
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You act like Arrington being suspended is a surprise, last year he raped his girlfriend.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, losing 3 projected starters is never good news, at least only one of them is on Defense. If in fact Arrington, Butler, and Germany leave, at least its sooner than later.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Green View Post
You act like Arrington being suspended is a surprise, last year he raped his girlfriend.
No he didn't, the charges were dropped.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We offered DT from GA Omar Hunter, he could committ in the near future.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
We offered DT from GA Omar Hunter, he could committ in the near future.
Yep. I love that they have offered him finally. I guess all they needed was the film and saw what everybody on Rivals saw. A very quick, powerful and playmaking DT. I hope he commits very soon and it would give us 3 guys that should be able to crack the depth chart very early in their careers. Reading ONeill's article on Rivals got me so excited about him. The film is misleading because Michigan HS football isn't the best competition but his size and potential combined with thwe people he works with has me doing backflips. I want to see how he does at the Michigan camp compared to the other guys that will be there and against some top flight DLineman
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

get this garbage off the lions team forum pleaseee. keep it in college football discussion. not everyone here is a u of m fan.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
get this garbage off the lions team forum pleaseee. keep it in college football discussion. not everyone here is a u of m fan.
Just don't click on this thread then. The vast majority of us ARE indeed Wolverines fans.