Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-20-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we win this game we are right back in it. It all comes down to winning NFC East games at this point.

On another note good felix post over at btb
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...ter-of-chances

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
If we win this game we are right back in it. It all comes down to winning NFC East games at this point.

On another note good felix post over at btb
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...ter-of-chances
So thule, I take it you still have faith in this season?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I don't have espn.com insider so I can't read the article, but the title says"

"Schefter: Bill Cowher could coach Cowboys"

Let's FUC*KING GO
Old 10-20-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I don't have espn.com insider so I can't read the article, but the title says"

"Schefter: Bill Cowher could coach Cowboys"

Let's FUC*KING GO
No substance to it.

This is the main excerpt:

Q: Hey Adam, is it time to give up on the Dallas Cowboys? And if so, what can they do to get back in the saddle for next season?

-- Justin (Dallas)

A: It's not time to give up entirely yet, Justin, but the situation does look bleak. What's sobering isn't their 1-4 record so much as the fact that this team hasn't inspired the confidence that it can be consistent enough to reel off a long winning streak, which is what it will need to get back into playoff contention. At some point, this team is going to turn over the football and commit a dumb penalty and sabotage itself. It has happened consistently this season and, as long as it does, this team will not go as far as it had hoped. And should this continue, the Cowboys are going to make some wholesale changes for next year. Start thinking big ... like Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, John Fox, coaches of that caliber.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's gonna be upsetting when we win this game lol
I'm gonna pissed as hell if we beat the Giants.

hahahahahaahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm gonna pissed as hell if we beat the Giants.
Chances of this happening are slim anyway - the Giants have the NFC's best defense, most importantly the best defensive line, and I have a feeling this is going to be another one of those SNF Chicago-New York sackfests in which Tony Romo is constantly eating turf.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a complete debacle of a game occurs and it pushes Jerry Jones over the edge and he fires Wade Phillips that week. Could be a really messy game/week for the Cowboys.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Chances of this happening are slim anyway - the Giants have the NFC's best defense, most importantly the best defensive line, and I have a feeling this is going to be another one of those SNF Chicago-New York sackfests in which Tony Romo is constantly eating turf.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a complete debacle of a game occurs and it pushes Jerry Jones over the edge and he fires Wade Phillips that week. Could be a really messy game/week for the Cowboys.
That's not gonna happen man.

As for the cowher being just a rumor, whatever, we just need to get it in the media. We need jerry and bill to hear it. Get it in the air.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I knew harvin was gonna take that kid back. Call it a 6th sense.

I asked this question before... if we beat the giants and jags and are 3-4... where do we go fro there?..

Anyone?
You're back in the hunt for at least a playoff spot since you'll only be one game off from the division lead. Honestly I kind of expect/want you guys to keep our team focused by handing theirs asses to them going into the bye week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post

While I could definitely see that happening, at least the Giants raping Romo part, I don't expect it. If you asked me for my got reaction, the Cowboys take this game but the giants come out of the bye two weeks later to beat the Cowboys in the next game and split the season series.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Not to toot my own horn or pull a bob, but i did say witten declined little bit:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...sing-anal.html
Old 10-21-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are 3.5 point favorites.

I don't think this will be an easy game for us at all. This is your season, you're at home, and the Giants have the bye coming up. Whenever the bye is a week away, players are more focused on what vacation they're gonna go on than the upcoming opponent.

Although I doubt the Giants don't get pumped up for MNF against the Cowboys, I still think this is not an easy game for us at all.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The funny thing is the NFC is wide open this year, completely. We could win 3-4 games in a right and probably be in place for a home playoff game the first round. Teams like Chicago, Seattle, and Atlanta are garbage IMO and sitting up at the top. Of course if we lose this game it won't matter at all.

Were only 2 losses back of the 1st place team in the NFC, which is why I feel that Redskin game hurts so much. 9-7 should be good enough though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else think the crowd heckling Jerry in his imperial box at Minnesota last weekend was 100% justified?

That's b/c the most aggravating thing about the Cowboys is that the root of their problems isn't in the locker room but with upper mgmt. That & the fact that the hubris is so thick in Dallas upper mgmt & in their FO that they will never admit they ever did or are doing anything wrong..... handling criticism well has never been Jerry's strong suit.

Would they be better off & start winning consistently if:

Jerry, Wade, & Jason Garrett were nailed up in a crate & shipped off to the Gobi Desert, & they went to local Metroplex high schools like Dallas Carter & Southlake Carroll for coaches to devise a gameplan, run practices, etc. & go out be the Gaint-killers we all they have been & can be?

It's a question that needs an answer.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not to toot my own horn or pull a bob, but i did say witten declined little bit:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...sing-anal.html
I don't think he's declined, but rather that Austin is still hot and Roy is playing really well right now. Naturally the tight end is going to get fewer catches when you have two receivers playing well. You also have to account for them trying to get Dez the ball too.

Witten's always been a great receiver, but a large reason for his numbers is the fact that he was a top priority to throw to. His best years occurred when there hasn't been a top notch second receiver to go along with the number one guy. Right now you have two receivers playing at a high level, so Witten's numbers are going to decline from being great to being really good. Martellus is also getting the ball more too.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I don't think this will be an easy game for us at all. This is your season, you're at home, and the Giants have the bye coming up. Whenever the bye is a week away, players are more focused on what vacation they're gonna go on than the upcoming opponent.

Although I doubt the Giants don't get pumped up for MNF against the Cowboys, I still think this is not an easy game for us at all.
Not trying to talk sh*t... but I think your overrating the giants alittle bit.

Sure we are mistake prone and all that jazz, but we destroy teams besides that. If we don't get the unlucky penalties/ tipped ball interceptions, we are a better team than the giants.

Now our season is over and you will probly win the east, I'm just getting that point across.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I don't think you understand how bad our OL really is. Romo will get forced into making mistakes like he has all season. Your defense is just too good. ...and Eli will eat up the deep ball seeing as we play with invisible safeties. Giants romp... 45-17.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Not trying to talk sh*t... but I think your overrating the giants alittle bit.

Sure we are mistake prone and all that jazz, but we destroy teams besides that. If we don't get the unlucky penalties/ tipped ball interceptions, we are a better team than the giants.

Now our season is over and you will probly win the east, I'm just getting that point across.
How is he overrating the Giants? He thinks it's a tough game. lol.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Ok we'll just see on Monday night.

An article on the DMN Blog said we are the only team in the league to outgain the opponent every single game.

This sh*t is pathetic.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

It's time for us to unleash the BEAST! There's a James Harrison in him that is ready to explode!

Old 10-21-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we don't get the unlucky penalties/ tipped ball interceptions, we are a better team than the giants.
On top of that let's just add if we don't miss FG's, or have terrible Special Teams we would never lose a game, ever. Facts are these things happen so no reason to play hypotheticals. It doesn't matter if we out gain teams, we lose games, those are the facts. I remember when people here were saying the Vikes didn't scare them, lol.

We need to assume we'll lose every game until our team or coaching staff shows they will turn things around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's time for us to unleash the BEAST! There's a James Harrison in him that is ready to explode!

OLB????????

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

He actually looks so athletic in that picture.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is athletic as all get out. He just doesn't know where the hell he's supposed to be!

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-21-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
He is athletic as all get out. He just doesn't know where the hell he's supposed to be!
The team has to let him learn through his mistakes. The season is over. Now is the time. If we do it soon enough, maybe he can help turn this thing around. Not like Brooking is playing mistake free.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're playing J Williams more this season, so maybe the light turns on before the end of the year. He hasn't looked lost out there except on that one TD in the Viking game inside the 10. He really just needs to figure out where to go and he'll be good. Giving him real game experience should help him do that. They've also been playing Lee more too, and he looks nice from what I've seen.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The team has to let him learn through his mistakes. The season is over. Now is the time. If we do it soon enough, maybe he can help turn this thing around. Not like Brooking is playing mistake free.
You're probably right. I guess I'm still foolishly holding on to some hope that this could turn around.

-Douglas MacArthur