Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And you can't say that it's that big of surprise....they've gotten overachieving performances to keep that defense at least average over the past decade or so. Freeney is the only regular starter drafted in the first round. Simple lack of talent was going to catch up eventually when push came to shove, and it finally has.
I honestly didn't think that their defense was that bad against Washington but that probably has as much to do with my low expectations of a Colt offense. I thought they played the pass well, and outside of an 8 or so week period when they won the Superbowl they have never played the run even to an average level.

They are still very much a play from in front team, if the offense gets a lead, the defense is built to protect it. I just have seen no reason to believe that it can't achieve that yet again as long as Manning is out their throwing the pig skin!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I honestly didn't think that their defense was that bad against Washington but that probably has as much to do with my low expectations of a Colt offense. I thought they played the pass well, and outside of an 8 or so week period when they won the Superbowl they have never played the run even to an average level.

They are still very much a play from in front team, if the offense gets a lead, the defense is built to protect it. I just have seen no reason to believe that it can't achieve that yet again as long as Manning is out their throwing the pig skin!
See, that's just it. That defense is definitely built for protecting leads....rush the passer and force turnovers. But if their offense slows down even a little, and it's hard to imagine that it won't slow down just a little with so many new players being worked in, they're going to struggle. When you can run on them, you're going to be able to. And if you can slow the offense down, hold them to at least field goals as Washington did a number of times in that game, you're going to be able to keep it close enough to keep running the ball.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^I didn't think their D was that bad either.

It's not that bad.

They are 4-2, not 2-4. I don't even know why we are discussing the Colts - they are a lock for 11+ even with 2 losses already.

Someone earlier said they'll be fine "if Manning stays healthy." LOL That's like saying they'll be fine if none of their games are canceled due to an alien invasion.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

The two games I'm most intrigued by are the Giants - Cowboys and Eagles - Titans.

The Giants kind of own Dallas but I just can't envision them winning this one. Manning does play better on the road however. It feels like the Cowboys are due, and like the simply MUST play a good game and get the W. But logically, and based on just plain football - coaching and players - the Giants are better. Like always, it will come down to who plays better on that day. I'll go with my head over my superstitions. The G-Men are just better from top to bottom.

Giants 29, Cowboys 27
Better players? LOL YOU FAIL
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Eli than Romo and I'd rather have the Giants OL and running game than the Cowboys.

I'd also rather have the Giants secondary. The pass rush is close.

But it doesn't matter what the talent level is because the Giants players play better every week.

Player by player the Cowboys may have more talent, but the Giants players work better together and therefore are better.

And QB is huge and I'm very low on Romo right now.

EDIT: And I was talking about football players THIS season. Better doesn't always mean more talented. You can't even argue that the Giants players haven't been better this year. Jenkins has looked lost, the offensive line is pretty much awful, and Romo is making terrible late-game mistakes. The Giants on the other hand, have a bunch of guys playing awesome - besides the obvious ones like Tuck, Osi, Nicks, etc. Deon Grant has been fantastic, Webster's looking better, Bradshaw gets so much hidden yardage it's ridiculous, and just about everyone on the OL stepped it up big time a few weeks ago.

Giants players are better right now.

Last edited by gpngc : 10-21-2010 at 09:11 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's like saying they'll be fine if none of their games are canceled due to an alien invasion.
Don't flippin' jinx us, gpngcpngcpgcnpgc!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:09 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Regardless, Edwards' best game of his career was at arrowhead.

That reminds me though, it was the week after the Bills lost by a FG to the Browns on Monday night where Edwards had probably the worst game of his career and was the first game he was literally captain check down. He had 16 completions, 10 of them were to Lynch. Of course this happened after he threw 3 picks in the first quarter... That game was actually really fun to be at despite the loss...

I remember when Edwards wasn't garbage... it makes me cry...
I'm sure Phillip Rivers agrees with this right now.

If Trent Edwards walks onto the Arrowhead turf with blind confidence, Tamba Hali is going to eat him alive.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Clark to IR with a wrist injury.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Dallas Clark to IR with a wrist injury.

There goes my fantasy team

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To all that keep saying Trent Edwards is starting against the Chiefs. As I have posted earlier, he is out and will not play. Todd Bouman is playing QB for the Jags. So, we Chief fans, can take a sigh of relief as Trent "The Chiefs Killer" Edwards won't play.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You've got personality, personality, personality.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
To all that keep saying Trent Edwards is starting against the Chiefs. As I have posted earlier, he is out and will not play. Todd Bouman is playing QB for the Jags. So, we Chief fans, can take a sigh of relief as Trent "The Chiefs Killer" Edwards won't play.
Your avy is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Your avy is awesome.
I know.

I ******* loved Eddie Kennison!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Kerry Collins will probably get the start against the Eagles.

Kenny Britt was in a bar fight.

And I'm not sure which story I'm sadder about. :'(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions on a bye week. :(

Old 10-23-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suh doesn't give a **** about drake

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Ndamukong is one sexy beast. So jealous you guys got him.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Suh's got the eye of the Jew.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-23-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for the guy taking the picture, he's probably in Drake's entourage, I'm gonna guess a bodyguard, which means he's probably big. NDonkeyKong thinks he is an offensive lineman, you can tell by his eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like the Jags might need to suit up a fan at QB this week everyone else is hurt.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It sounds like the Jags might need to suit up a fan at QB this week everyone else is hurt.
They probably wouldn't be that much worse off than Todd Bouman.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
You're assuming the Jaguars have more fans than QBs.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You're assuming the Jaguars have more fans than QBs.
Okay, that one was hilarious. Got me! LOL.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
They probably wouldn't be that much worse off than Todd Bouman.
It's almost like that time a team started Todd Collins in 2010. Who was that again?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's almost like that time a team started Todd Collins in 2010. Who was that again?
I could have started for them that game and won with how bad Carolina was. Collins accounted for something like -14 yards of offense with sacks and interception returns factored in. I seriously could have taken the snap, handed to Forte/Taylor, and at least accounted for 14 more yards that Collins did. That was pathetic.

But we won :) Todd Collins has won as many starts this season as any Lions QB.