Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Luck of the Ducks

It's all about scheduling these days. Oregon took care of giantkiller UCLA Thursday night by hanging 60 on them.

Oregon's remaining schedule:

10/30: @ USC
11/6: Washington
11/13: @ Cal
11/20: Idle
11/26 (Fri): Arizona
12/4: @ Oregon St.

I can't see them losing any of those. Breaking it down:

@ USC: In the LA Mausoleum, a horrible facility but SC always has the home field advantage there with a solid winning rcd at home. This could the best chance for an upset b/c of lots of reasons -- true soph Barkley has come of age, I watched USC vs. Stanford & they gave the Cardinal all they wanted, & Barkley was throwing pinpoint passes all night. USC is underrated b/c so many players transferred but still has a talent core that can score & hurt you. And USC has attitude these days, they are playing angry & it's understandable. Nobody should take the Trojans lightly. Oregon has an undersized DL, & their pass defense isn't great either, but they have a lot of FFs -- remember that they call SC Tailback U. for a reason, they could run over Oregon but have to maintain ball security, the Ducks are at the top of the NCAA in +/- turnover ratio. And the Ducks had 10 days to prepare for them.

U-Dub: Not a good enough supporting cast surrounding Locker, & he's been disappointing this season compared to last yr. In Autzen the Ducks should roll.

@ Cal: Cal has minimal offensive weapons beyond Vereen with any experience, & their OL is garbage, struggling all yr in pass protection. Tedford named Riley their starting QB until further notice b/c he's under fire & on a hotseat, & Riley is to say the least underwhelming. Their best LB, Mike Mohammed has been hurt off & on all yr, & they're vulnerable to high-powered offenses who score quickly, look how badly Nevada shredded them. I say Quackers by 3-4 scores in Strawberry Canyon.

Arizona: Foles has throwing arm problems, status TBD. And the game is in Autzen; Oregon by 21 or more.

@ Oregon St.: The Beavers have a shot with the Rodgers brothers but their defense has been suspect this yr. I think the Quack Attack rolls in Corvallis here.

If they finish unbeaten & so does Boise St. there will be enormous media pressure for the NC matchup of these 2 teams as they love the upstart underdog Broncos who grab headlines. Boise St. has to watch out for the high-scoring Nevada Wolfpack when they go to Reno on 11/26 but I think the Broncos will prevail there in a high-scoring shootout.

Oregon vs. Boise St. for the NC? Look at their remaining schedules & it looks like the most likely scenario even if the 1-loss heavyweights are excluded. I can't see the FBS leaving an undefeated Boise St. all dressed up & no place to go.

Edit: This is assuming that Oklahoma, Michigan St (down 10 to Northwestern as I write), Oklahoma St., Auburn & LSU (playing today) all lose.

Last edited by LizardState : 10-23-2010 at 01:37 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote