Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read an article on Dallascowboys.com talking about how Felix lost some weight and is back down to his playing weight from a few years ago and he notices a difference. Hmmm, wonder why he thought that was necessary lol.

I remember not even a few days ago I said the exact same thing, "bet any money we hear about him dropping the weight to go back to what he was playing at last year". Not surprising at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

LL, what are you thoughts on the game monday night.

Eli being 19-4 in october scares me. I hate stats like that.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Anyone ever think of trading for bob sanders? I'd give up a 4th.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.1569d18.html

Read the last part...

Jason Williams really must be awful in practice.
The sooner we find out, the sooner we can start scouting ILB prospects again. Rather do that than hold onto him for 4 years and figure out we never found a future replacement for Brooking.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just read an article on Dallascowboys.com talking about how Felix lost some weight and is back down to his playing weight from a few years ago and he notices a difference. Hmmm, wonder why he thought that was necessary lol.

I remember not even a few days ago I said the exact same thing, "bet any money we hear about him dropping the weight to go back to what he was playing at last year". Not surprising at all.
That's what I meant by getting him "fixed" too. We need the old Felix back... Not the one trying to be the next Julius Jones... picking up bad weight because he's getting ready to be a starter.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Anyone ever think of trading for bob sanders? I'd give up a 4th.
You're crazy.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I just want it to be tuesday morning.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ed...8697%2C10 138

food for thought...
Old 10-23-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Edwards was fined $20K for spearing Barber in the Minnesota game.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
I've been saying the same thing.
It's self fulfilling prophecy almost. From the media, to the commentators, to the fans, to the players and coaches....Everyone knows about the 'Boys penalty woes. If that doesn't influence a Ref's decision then I don't know what else would. It's like jurors not being allowed to hear or read about a case they're on. Cowboys are making mistakes, and being penalized for stupid mistakes, but some of these calls are just ticky tack that go against the 'Boys because of their reputation moreso than it being a legit call. There can literally be a penalty on every play of every game. Refs need to distinguish which are worthy of being called. Cowboys players haven't done that great of job of eliminating that decision, but these Refs have made some purely AWFUL calls against the Boys.....game deciding awful calls.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-23-2010 at 12:07 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I've been saying the same thing.
It's self fulfilling prophecy almost. From the media, to the commentators, to the fans, to the players and coaches....Everyone knows about the 'Boys penalty woes. If that doesn't influence a Ref's decision then I don't know what else would. It's like jurors not being allowed to hear or read about a case they're on. Cowboys are making mistakes, and being penalized for stupid mistakes, but some of these calls are just ticky tack that go against the 'Boys because of their reputation moreso than it being a legit call. There can literally be a penalty on every play of every game. Refs need to distinguish which are worthy of being called. Cowboys players haven't done that great of job of eliminating that decision, but these Refs have made some purely AWFUL calls against the Boys.....game deciding awful calls.
Yeah... same here. I posted this on Monday... I believe we the refs are quicker to call penalties on us because of the reputation we have as being a highly penalized team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, what you'll start to see more too now is that refs will start to give us less of a break. Once you build a reputation as a highly penalized team, then refs make your lives a living nightmare. They call stuff that is marginal, but you get called because... hey... you're one of those highly penalized teams the league knows you as.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you guys, and I stated before that in football the limit between a legit and an illegal play is too narrow especially when it comes to holding or pass interference.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish refs would call Cowboy games liberally like they did in AFC North or Patriots games. Those teams get away with a lot of stuff, and it's usually excused as just "physical" play.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I'm not sure how I can read 4 pages of talk about starting Jason Williams and not hear anyone make this argument.

D, you want Jason Williams to play...have you watched our team give up big plays this year? I can pin 3-4 TD's on Jason Williams alone. ..."take your lumps"...i'm sorry but when you see the field maybe 10 defensive snaps a game max and you blow an assignment that leads to points on basic fundamental assignments you don't even deserve to see the field for those 10 plays....

vikings game
Quote:
In the first quarter, cornerback Orlando Scandrick allowed receiver Greg Camarillo release to the inside on a play from the Cowboys' 10. Camarillo made the catch and immediately went into a crouch as if he were going to be hit. Instead, Camaraillo went into the end zone untouched, with Williams standing in the vicinity.

On a third-and-4 from the Cowboys 32 in the third quarter, Minnesota quarterback Brett Favre dropped the shotgun snap. It may have been two unrelated events, but Williams broke inside in pursuit of the loose ball, and tight end Jim Kleinsasser drifted away from the line uncovered.

Favre recovered the ball and lobbed a throw to the wide-open Kleinsasser, who went for 20 yards. The Vikings scored four plays later, on Adrian Peterson's one-yard run, for a 21-14 lead.
titans game
Quote:
The kick went deep right (Cowboys right) where Marc Mariani fielded the ball and starts to his right (Cowboys left). As Mariani starts up the field, there are eight Cowboys between the hash and the sidelines. The remaining players on the left hand side are Kevin Ogletree, Ball and Jason Williams. Williams then crosses the hash to make it nine on that side but is not aware that the ball is coming to his left.
texans game
Quote:
Whatever advantage inside linebacker Jason Williams derived from being in the Dallas Cowboys' system a year longer than rookie Sean Lee is gone.

Coach Wade Phillips said this week that Williams has played well on special teams but Lee is ``further ahead as far as being able to play right now'' in the base defense. Inactive for the last two games because of a strained hamstring, Lee is expected to return for Sunday's game against Tennessee. His main duty will be special teams, but he could also get some plays on defense.

``He (Lee) can play about anything,'' Phillips said. ``We've just got to get him out there. He makes very few mistakes, especially for a rookie. He's gung-ho, going hard all the time.''

Williams received two plays with the defense during the win at Houston. On the second snap, Texans back Arian Foster ripped through the middle of the defense on a 26-yard run.
Quote:
This preseason we were all in love with the linebacker depth the Cowboys possessed. Against the Texans, it was painfully obvious just much of a drop off it truly is between the starters and the backups. On one play in the third quarter, both Leon and Jason Williams were in the game to spell Keith Brooking and Bradie James. The Texans run a counter play, with the offensive line pushing to the right while Arian Foster cut to his left. Both Williams' lost containment on the play and bit on the movement of the offense, resulting in the biggest play of the game for the Texans. Foster rumbled for 26 yards on a play the Cowboys had to have seen about fifty times on tape.
before week 1
Quote:
All preseason I had the Cowboys keeping just eight linebackers total. They decided to go with nine, going deep at inside linebacker and keeping Leon Williams. After watching Jason Williams continue to struggle (yes, he struggled) and Sean Lee fail to secure that nickel linebacker position, it became increasingly obvious that Leon Williams might be needed on this team.
What fan of this team can see Williams on the field. Watch him get burned..and then start calling for him to start. He hasn't made one play for this team aside from a special teams block to spring Dez Bryant on his punt return for a TD. Brooking is starting because it's not even close when comparing the on the field product.

Now don't get me wrong coaches aren't perfect. Hell every single person here has called for someone not named Ball at safety...yet Wade has a man crush on Ball...he's raved about him since day one.

But look at the on the field production....Jason Williams isn't playing because he is absolutely awful on the field. Hell even he jokes that Ware should hang them up so he can get some chances to rush the passer from the outside.

Also don't get me wrong here...I still like Williams and still think he can be a good player for us. However it's clear from his production on the field that he isn't ready. There is more to the game than being able to run and jump...it's going to take time. He needs to get the other side of the game down.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I honestly was never a big fan of Lee. Penn State LBs in general wind up being mediocre in the NFL.

They get this persona as linebacker U but its such ********. 95% of their LBs wind up being mediocre as hell at the next level.

Look at Paul Poz and Dan Conner, both of whom were thought to be better than Lee coming out. Both are mediocre as hell.
Lee's health concerns were the only things that even should put him in the same bracket as the other two you mentioned. Multiple teams said they graded him out on the field when health as the best LB since Patrick Willis. The one team i remember for sure was SF...and Singletary raved about him...that said he's not necessarily the best judge of talent vs. a scout...but he was a pretty good one himself.

Sean Lee on the field has been solid when healthy...but just like why he fell on draft day...he can't stay healthy thus far so it looks like scouting reports are right.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-24-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just as a sidenote from all the arguments, I think we can all agree that D-Unit has the best Avy I have seen in a while.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
Just as a sidenote from all the arguments, I think we can all agree that D-Unit has the best Avy I have seen in a while.
Yours aint too shabby my friend.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mmm mmm mmm. Vida Guerra needs to get out of my dreams and into my pants.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

With the eagles losing, let's GO. Win and were right back in it.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If we win tomorrow we are only 1 loss behing the rest of the division...talk about a great year to have parody in the NFL.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
If we win tomorrow we are only 1 loss behing the rest of the division...talk about a great year to have parody in the NFL.
I won't sleep to watch the game (air from 2 to 5 AM) here, sto they better win!

In Bob We Trust

Old 10-25-2010, 04:15 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Did you see how horrible Washington and Philly played? It's like they don't want to win. Amazing.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did you see how horrible Washington and Philly played? It's like they don't want to win. Amazing.
Did you watch the Eagles' game? I did and I'd like to reinforce my point. We all remember the amazing Michael Griffin pick on a 1&10 in the redzone. Even though the Eagles yesterday loss they scored 10 points out of 2 missed interceptions. The first one on an underthrown ball when Hope had all the time in the world and he decided to sit back instead of attacking the ball and the Eagles' receiver came out with the catch. The second one when Hope dropped a pick.
Am I saying we're playing flawless and we've just been unlucky? Nope, I'm saying that we have not played good but that we've been very unlucky. With just a little more luck we would be at least 3-2 if not 4-1 or even 5-0.

In Bob We Trust

Old 10-25-2010, 05:02 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Did you watch the Eagles' game? I did and I'd like to reinforce my point. We all remember the amazing Michael Griffin pick on a 1&10 in the redzone. Even though the Eagles yesterday loss they scored 10 points out of 2 missed interceptions. The first one on an underthrown ball when Hope had all the time in the world and he decided to sit back instead of attacking the ball and the Eagles' receiver came out with the catch. The second one when Hope dropped a pick.
Am I saying we're playing flawless and we've just been unlucky? Nope, I'm saying that we have not played good but that we've been very unlucky. With just a little more luck we would be at least 3-2 if not 4-1 or even 5-0.
I hate how cowboys fans use luck as an excuse. This post doesn't directly relate to what I'm talking about but it's a starting point.

How about we are lucky because the rest of our division has 3 losses...we could be unlucky and have a 5-1 team in our division and not be able to control our own destiny...but we do.

Bad calls are something you can hold against a team because it's something that can be controlled for the most part. If you are america's team you have a target on your back. You are always going to get teams who want to play on a big stage and bring their A game...

Execute and luck becomes a non-issue.
/rant

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Quote:
I hate how cowboys fans use luck as an excuse. This post doesn't directly relate to what I'm talking about but it's a starting point.

How about we are lucky because the rest of our division has 3 losses...we could be unlucky and have a 5-1 team in our division and not be able to control our own destiny...but we do.

Bad calls are something you can hold against a team because it's something that can be controlled for the most part. If you are america's team you have a target on your back. You are always going to get teams who want to play on a big stage and bring their A game...

Execute and luck becomes a non-issue.
/rant
I do not agree. I think that luck plays a big role in sports game. You still have to put yourself in a position to win, so luck by itself can't get you wins but it's still very helpful.
The difference between a W and a L can be a lucky play. The Redskins for example have been lucky on several occasion. Netherlands in the WC made it to the finals with a lot of help by luck.
I'm not referring to bad calls, I'm referring to bounces that go the other way. And this year has been like that so far.
Do you remember the first season of Romo as a starter? It looked like any bounce was going his way.

In Bob We Trust