Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is worse?
Lovie Smith (Chicago Bears) 22 42.31%
Brad Childress (Minnesota Vikings) 30 57.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worse coach has to be Childress, mainly due to what others have mentioned: he's doing less with more.

Lovie Smith has great players, no doubt about it. But for every good player Lovie has, Childress usually has one better.

Favre and Cutler are both INT prone QB's, even though Favre had a miraculous season last year. Some people say Favre, others Cutler, I say it's basically the same thing.

Adrian Peterson alone is better than Matt Forte and Chester Taylor, probably even combined.

Randy Moss, Percy Harvin, Visanthe Shiancoe, Bernard Berrian, Greg Camarillo, Greg Lewis, and Sidney Rice make up what could very well be the best receiving corps in the NFL. The Bears have Hester and Olsen and Knox, and that's about it.

Lovie has Peppers and Childress has Allen. But Childress also has the Williams Wall and Ray Edwards, who's a more than solid DE. This is one of the best defensive lines in football.

Lovie probably does have a better LB group. Urlacher and Briggs are good players, while Henderson and Greenway are good too, but not at the same level.

When it comes to defensive backs, again, I say push. Winfield, Griffin, Johnson, Williams, Abdullah is an average to above average unit. But the same thing could be said about the Bears. Young players, but not an elite unit by any means.

Minnesota should have fired Childress long ago. There are many teams that fare just as good as the Vikings with much less talent.

If the coaches were in opposite teams (Lovie in Minnesota and Childress in Chicago), the Bears would have never made the Superbowl and the Vikings probably would have won some more games.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

How about Lovie challenging the Earl Bennett catch for a touchdown and losing, then on the very next play not challenging the Jay Cutler goal line QB sneak that would have been ruled a touchdown instead of a fumble!? Classic Lovie. When asked why he didn't challenge the call he said that, "I would've challenged the play if I thought it was a critical play." LOL! I guess the play before where you almost scored was more critical than the play where your team actually scored and GAINED THE LEAD!! AGHHHHHH...calm thoughts.

The play of the team, play calling of the coaches and lack of adjustments has everyone in this city constantly dumbfounded.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why doesn't Brad Childress, Lovie Smith, Jason Garret and Mike Singeltary get together and form some super duper coaching staff? 1 word......

Championship

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Why doesn't Brad Childress, Lovie Smith, Jason Garret and Mike Singeltary get together and form some super duper coaching staff? 1 word......

Championship
Gotta have Matt Millen as your GM too.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

Championship
Would you settle for Lovie Smith, Mike Martz, Rod Marinelli, and Mike Tice?
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Gotta have Matt Millen as your GM too.
Of course! How could I forget of Millen when im trying to build a dynasty. BRILLIANT

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
The worse coach has to be Childress, mainly due to what others have mentioned: he's doing less with more.

Lovie Smith has great players, no doubt about it. But for every good player Lovie has, Childress usually has one better.

Favre and Cutler are both INT prone QB's, even though Favre had a miraculous season last year. Some people say Favre, others Cutler, I say it's basically the same thing.

Adrian Peterson alone is better than Matt Forte and Chester Taylor, probably even combined.

Randy Moss, Percy Harvin, Visanthe Shiancoe, Bernard Berrian, Greg Camarillo, Greg Lewis, and Sidney Rice make up what could very well be the best receiving corps in the NFL. The Bears have Hester and Olsen and Knox, and that's about it.

Lovie has Peppers and Childress has Allen. But Childress also has the Williams Wall and Ray Edwards, who's a more than solid DE. This is one of the best defensive lines in football.

Lovie probably does have a better LB group. Urlacher and Briggs are good players, while Henderson and Greenway are good too, but not at the same level.

When it comes to defensive backs, again, I say push. Winfield, Griffin, Johnson, Williams, Abdullah is an average to above average unit. But the same thing could be said about the Bears. Young players, but not an elite unit by any means.

Minnesota should have fired Childress long ago. There are many teams that fare just as good as the Vikings with much less talent.

If the coaches were in opposite teams (Lovie in Minnesota and Childress in Chicago), the Bears would have never made the Superbowl and the Vikings probably would have won some more games.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.
Brett Favre is the main reason for their struggles right now. He's just flat out not playing well. I guess in part that is on Chilly because he pined for him to come back.

But the defense for the most part has played decently. He's without Rice right now and Peterson is a man child.

There's probably not a right answer here and both are incompetent at simple game management tactics, but I still vote Lovie.

Watch his press conferences, listen to what he says and then come back to me. Literally, the man may be clueless about what is going on with his team.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Childress, but I think the following tells you that they are both terrible.

Bears fans that voted for Smith: 6
Vikings fans that voted for Smith: 0

Vikings fans that voted for Childress: 5
Bears fans that voted for Childress: 0
Old 10-24-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovie in his post game presser (on the fumble at the goal line, which he didn't challenge):

"I would have challenged it had I thought it was a critical play."

**** you. You are a worthless sack of ****. Not a critical play? Leaving 7 points on the field to go up 10 points is not a critical play?

Every word he says just makes him look dumber. Every week he takes his stupidity to another level. He's so goddamn stubborn that even when he ***** up and knows it, he still won't admit it.

Btw, the play would have been reversed as the ball on Cutler's sneak broke the plain before he fumbled. It was quite obvious that he should have thrown the flag.

Here's another gem for you (after being stopped on 4th and goal in the opener vs Detroit):

"I would make the same call again if given the chance."

And he did against Green Bay, which we failed to convert.

**** taking the points right Lovie? We can't rush the ball for one yard on a regular basis and you think the best call against a goalline defense is to go for it on 4th and goal when 3 points is almost a guarantee?

Seriously, how is this man that stupid about simple game management tactics? How can you be this bad and be a head coach in this league? How can you repeatedly make the same mistakes and not correct yourself?

Shoot me, please.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I voted for Childress, but I think the following tells you that they are both terrible.

Bears fans that voted for Smith: 6
Vikings fans that voted for Smith: 0

Vikings fans that voted for Childress: 5
Bears fans that voted for Childress: 0
Wrong. Wogitalia is a vikings fan. He voted for Lovie.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovie's non-challenge was just ******* awful. Do we really need the ball back and/or a TD, eh I just challenged **** it. Gave us the win, he gets my vote.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to go with Lovie for the obvious reason of me being a Bears fan.

Everything said by Bears fans above are why.

Include the playoff game against Carolina where Steve Smith lit us up, and Lovie wouldn't adjust to him. I just hope him and Jerry Angelo are gone after the end of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote