Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-25-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What Happened to Cameron Heyward?

Before the season, everybody had him as a top 5 pick to a 3-4 team. Now he is being projected as more of a top 20 pick than a top 5 pick. I really havent watched Ohio State games closely but has he really not played to what we all thought he could? Or did we overrate him like what happens to alot of players from Ohio State? Tell me what you think

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Before the season, everybody had him as a top 5 pick to a 3-4 team. Now he is being projected as more of a top 20 pick than a top 5 pick. I really havent watched Ohio State games closely but has he really not played to what we all thought he could? Or did we overrate him like what happens to alot of players from Ohio State? Tell me what you think
Honestly, he doesn't know how to rush the passer. The technique isn't there, the variety of pass rush moves, the first step. He's a dominant run stuffer who looks like a firm 5-tech but not much more than that. We overrated him a bit based on his school and his father I imagine.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still like him, but i never liked him as being so versatile like some people did...i never thought hed be good on the inside (or outside) of a 43....hes a pure 34 DE to me and a damn good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Honestly, he doesn't know how to rush the passer. The technique isn't there, the variety of pass rush moves, the first step. He's a dominant run stuffer who looks like a firm 5-tech but not much more than that. We overrated him a bit based on his school and his father I imagine.
I think we overrated him due to size, power, and versatility. He really has performed well against top competition in the past, coming up big in big games. I'd agree that he really doesn't know how to rush the passer. Probably more of a Top 20-25 selection at this point. It's possible that a team may fall in love with his potential fit as a run stuffing 5-Tech and take him earlier than many expect (a la Kansas City - Tyson Jackson.)

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where do you see him being draft as of now? You see him as only a 3-4 DE now

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
goldenbear.cal
Rookie

goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.

I see him as being a Chris Canty type. He will turn into a solid NFL player but I wouldn't touch him in top 20, I just don't see him being a game changing type DE/DT.
goldenbear.cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Where do you see him being draft as of now? You see him as only a 3-4 DE now
I do, but let's be honest, NFL teams will go with their system. I look at Tyson Alualu who I had as strictly a 5-tech. Performing well in that Jaguars system.

I think Heyward is a 15-20 pick type of guy due to his lack of pass rush and that importance, even for 3-4 teams. Not as many 3-4 teams are going to want DEs as a first round priority than we think...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
Honest answer Shane. We rank/talk about these guys based on their pedigree too much. Self included. 5 technique guys usually don't get a chance to shine. You really have to watch how many people they occupy. I remember(been trying to forget but hasn't happened yet..I'm a PSU alum) last year's Penn St game and he destroyed our ol. They moved him around a little. Blew up running plays. Got pressure on D. Clark. Seems like they're just playing him at that RDE and he's not making as much an impact. I think he can still be a good NFL player, just not going to be an impact one like I thought he might be. I'll probably change my mind after he kills us in a couple of weeks though
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i still like him, but i never liked him as being so versatile like some people did...i never thought hed be good on the inside (or outside) of a 43....hes a pure 34 DE to me and a damn good one
+1

Before the season he was slightly overrated is all. Stuff happens...He's pretty legit as a 3-4 end prospect.

Last edited by SenorGato : 10-25-2010 at 06:57 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers. We need someone to replace Aaron Smith soon.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
jared3
Rookie

jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been that impressed with Cameron Heyward as a pass rusher. As far as stopping the run he is looks pretty good. He might slip in the draft a little, but still is a first rounder.
jared3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to say before the season that Heyward was being overrated and should be looked at as a late 1st, nothing earlier. He may have disappointed in the eyes others (those who thought he was a Top 10 pick, but he still remains a late 1st-early 2nd in my book.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the guy is better than Tyson Jackson and he went 3rd.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I still think the guy is better than Tyson Jackson and he went 3rd.
this

no reason why he cant go top 10....tyson jackson was no pass rusher himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I don't think Heyward has fallen that much. A big part of the reason you don't see him real high in mock drafts is because he isn't scheme diverse. Heyward is a five-technique in a "30" front, period. Now there is nothing wrong with that and I think he can do it extremely well with a little more consistently, but the bottom line is you just don't normally see teams put a early first round emphasis on that position with the exception of a Tyson Jackson.

I still think Heyward is a Top 20 overall pick when all is said and done.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still would love him on the Pats along with an OLB.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyson Jackson is the exception, not the rule. Just because he went #3 overall doesn't mean every single 3-4 end prospect that grades out higher is also going to be a top three pick. Kansas City was desperate for defensive line help in that draft and they could not trade down from where they were picking. They had just switched to the 3-4 and they weren't sure if Glenn Dorsey could play end in their scheme.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote