Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Lions throttle the ever loving **** out of the Rams and barely lose to the Bears, Giants, Packers and Eagles without their starting QB, and yet they're poor?
Very poor.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Very poor.
It's going to be a nice solid raping in a couple of weeks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't disagree with that but IMO there are some AFC teams that are clearly on a level that the NFC doesn't have. The Jets and Steelers (possibly Titans if Collins plays like he did in 2008 ) .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Pats > Titans right now. I'll take Brady over Collins, and our defense surprisingly is playing very well.

Why is collins being talked about here? He's the backup, he was filling in for vince due to injury. VY will probably be back this week and if not definitely back after the bye.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
This is true. But the whole reason he is on the team is because Jerry Jones is GM. He is on the team because he went to Arkansas and Jones couldn't work a deal to trade up for McFadden.
Evidenced by how many Arkansas players Jerry always drafts. Right? O wait.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I gotta hope you guys start winning, I don't want Peterson or Prince on the Cowboys.

Hopefully Jerry Jones does something really dumb. Like draft a white running back or something.

(was a joke btw for the sensitive ones out there)
Old 10-26-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadetoblack View Post
Why is collins being talked about here? He's the backup, he was filling in for vince due to injury. VY will probably be back this week and if not definitely back after the bye.
Ok fair enough. Pats> Titans because I'll take Brady over VY, is that better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's going to be a nice solid raping in a couple of weeks.
At least you don't have any delusions about what Fitzy is going to do to you.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok fair enough. Pats> Titans because I'll take Brady over VY, is that better?
yes that is much better, its hard for me to bear the thought of collins starting an extended period of time.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes that is much better, its hard for me to bear the thought of collins starting an extended period of time.
Lol? too much hate for Collins, yeah he is old but **** he probably makes better throws/decisions than that Favre character atm. I like VY but Collins old man game led you guys into the playoffs along with a great defense which I think the Titans are close to having.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
At least you don't have any delusions about what Fitzy is going to do to you.
Do you have delusions about what the Best/Stafford/Johnson trio will do to you?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Lol? too much hate for Collins, yeah he is old but **** he probably makes better throws/decisions than that Favre character atm. I like VY but Collins old man game led you guys into the playoffs along with a great defense which I think the Titans are close to having.
VY never led is to the playoffs?

Quote:
Pats > Titans right now. I'll take Brady over Collins, and our defense surprisingly is playing very well.
Our Defense>Pats D

I'm good with Vince young as our QB, CJ as RB and Kenny Britt as our #1 WR.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
VY never led is to the playoffs?.

Lol what I am saying is having a backup as good/smart as Collins is truely something nice to have.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Lol what I am saying is having a backup as good/smart as Collins is truely something nice to have.
This is true he's one of the better back ups in the league, but thats as far as it goes, he's a good back-up. I'm not saying i want him off the team, i'm merely saying I don't want to see him starting for an extended period of time. It's a similar situation to the eagles. Kolb is very good as far as back-ups are concerned, but i'm pretty sure a lot of eagles fans can't wait for Vick to get back, and would prefer to not have Kolb starting.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
There's a significant dropoff from the falcons to the eagles? I know it's just one game, but we handled them pretty easily in every phase of the game... with Kevin Kolb at QB.
It's just one game. The Eagles just got handled by the Titans...with Kerry Collins at QB. Does that mean there's a significant dropoff between the Eagles and Titans?
Old 10-26-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Now I gotta hope you guys start winning, I don't want Peterson or Prince on the Cowboys.

Hopefully Jerry Jones does something really dumb. Like draft a white running back or something.

(was a joke btw for the sensitive ones out there)
Instead of finally infusing some talent into the offensive line, he'll probably use their top 10 draft pick on a safety or runningback.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is true he's one of the better back ups in the league, but thats as far as it goes, he's a good back-up. I'm not saying i want him off the team, i'm merely saying I don't want to see him starting for an extended period of time. It's a similar situation to the eagles. Kolb is very good as far as back-ups are concerned, but i'm pretty sure a lot of eagles fans can't wait for Vick to get back, and would prefer to not have Kolb starting.
Is VY a good enough QB to get Britt the ball consistently? I have my doubts. He was showing signs in the 2nd half of last year but this year he's been underwhelming. I know your offense runs through CJ2K but I think Britt is a special player and could be a lot more than what he's shown this year outside of last Sunday.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Instead of finally infusing some talent into the offensive line, he'll probably use their top 10 draft pick on a safety or runningback.
Funny thing is, there is no safety, running back or, as of right now, offensive lineman worth a top-10 pick. Peterson or Amukamara would be great picks for them imo.

Or, barring that, there are a number of guys who would be great 3-4 DEs.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is VY a good enough QB to get Britt the ball consistently? I have my doubts. He was showing signs in the 2nd half of last year but this year he's been underwhelming. I know your offense runs through CJ2K but I think Britt is a special player and could be a lot more than what he's shown this year outside of last Sunday.
? I think most Titans fans would agree he has taken a step foward this year. His only bad game came against Pitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
A RB? Honestly their may not even be a lineman period worth the pick where we may end up. Do you see any lineman worth a top 10 pick? I don't. And FWIW a CB is probably more important then anything. Scandrick is a POS, Newman is getting older and still injury prone, and you can't draft JAG's with that position and continually hope they work(unless your the Titans obviously).

I'd love a lineman, but I don't see many Guards, RT's, or Centers being picked in the top 12 picks of the drafts. And for arguments sake what interior lineman, or RT was worth the late 1st rd pick we had last year? To my memory Charles Brown was the closest and he is purely a LT, anyone else you'd have to pick someone on hindsight due to how well their playing now and they wouldn't have graded out anywhere near as good as Dez.

It would be a perfect year to grab an elite tackle but there are none. Taking one of the top 3 CB's is gonna help us alot more then anything else.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Honestly VY was getting the ball to Britt pretty reliable, he's not ever gonna be a Drew Brees but he's played very well and done a great job getting Britt involved. Britt has to take alot of the responsibility on his own, not being in great shape in the off-season, and alot of other issues could have prolonged this sort of game where he could have started the season off much better.

Or it could be credited to the Eagles sorry ass DB's because honestly on alot of his long plays I have no idea what anyone was doing in the secondary, he didn't even really have to beat anyone straight up with tight coverage on most of the plays.

Not to discredit Britt because I think he's a Brandon Marshall clone that can take over games, but that coverage was attrocious.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young is a glorified caretaker QB. If he didn't have such hype, such accolades and such athleticism no one would take note of his play. He has been smart with the football, sans Steelers game, and his team was able to win with its run game and defense.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Vince Young is a glorified caretaker QB. If he didn't have such hype, such accolades and such athleticism no one would take note of his play. He has been smart with the football, sans Steelers game, and his team was able to win with its run game and defense.
He's also shown he can win games with his arm, or legs if need be also. You act like Tennessee is a place where they are looking for a QB to throw the ball around all game with 4 WR sets. That's not even their style of play, he plays within the system, but I don't think there is any question he can win a game if he needs to by throwing the ball, and he can beat a defense if they put 8 in the box.

People were saying the same things about Big Ben until the entire offense changed their identity and started spreading things out and letting him throw the entire game instead of being a running team.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Britt liked Collins because it was like the good ol days in college. An immobile QB just throwing lobs and **** to him, and him just beasting.
but Kerry sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate how the game manager label has turned into a bad thing in today's NFL.

There's nothing wrong with managing the game if you have a great defense and run game. In fact, I think its welcomed. Just make the plays when you need em in the 4th quarter.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL at this article. Scroll down. Thought he might be making a comeback and got a little excited, but I walk away disappointed by this error....

http://naptownsfinest.com/2010/10/26...more-nfl-news/