Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:30 AM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's see what happens next week when the Bucs have to go to Atl. Make it out of there with a win then Freeman can start hearing his name whispered in the MVP convo. and go from there.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:40 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
No, he really shouldn't be.

1. Peyton Manning-Always in contention
2. Chris Johnson-Not having anywhere near as good a year as last year and didn't win it then so I dont see it
3. Drew Brees-At fault for a few losses with bad INTs. Not having a good enough season
4. Phillip Rivers-How can MVP of the league be on a 3-5 team? Offensive player of the year would be my bet.
5. Steven Jackson-Always a great player but not doing enough to be MVP. Also considering they just got a franchise QB
While statistically not having a great year, Brady has to be in contention.
Ahmad Bradshaw could be considered as could LT.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 11-01-2010 at 07:20 AM.
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:32 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman has played good no doubt, but its to early for MVP they still havent beat a team with a pulse yet. I would put him ahead of Chris Johnson and Rivers though who people keep on brining up. Bc if you are gonna put Freeman in the list then you have to put Bradford, Matt Ryan, Casell etc.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well now that they're winning maybe i'll get a chance to watch a bucs game and see for myself what all the hype is about.

ive been trying to evaluate him all season but haven't had the chance yet.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
He's not Peyton Manning so he won't be winning the mvp this year.
Right, because Peyton has won it all 13 years he's been in the league.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I brought this topic up because I've seen MVP watches of the top 10 and have seen Mark Sanchez in the conversation. Honestly, if he is a top 10 candidate, how come Josh Freeman isn't?

I never said he should win the award, but seriously, I look at that list and seriously, I think Freeman is having a better year than guys like Rivers and Sanchez and even Chris Johnson. Rivers has the passing stats, but Freeman has the most important one of all.

I know theres no way in h*** this kid wins the award, but even in the Bucs 2 blow out losses, he didn't play bad and the loss was soley on the defense.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRex View Post

The kid is the truth.

Peyton Manning, Chris Johnson, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers?

That's a real ROFLROFL. Brees is crap this year and Rivers is leading in stats and lacking in wins to the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS.
You say that like the Chiefs are a bad team?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Not to hijack the thread but my MVP vote would go to Gates.
On pace for 1300+ yards and 18 TD's, despite missing a game with injury? And then having to tough it out, being the only legitimate receiver on that offense?

GTFO everyone else.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
On pace for 1300+ yards and 18 TD's, despite missing a game with injury? And then having to tough it out, being the only legitimate receiver on that offense?

GTFO everyone else.
I dont see how anyone who plays on a team with a losing record can be considered for MVP, especially when his QB is on course to break the all time yardage record. Definitely up there for offensive player of the year though

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
well now that they're winning maybe i'll get a chance to watch a bucs game and see for myself what all the hype is about.

ive been trying to evaluate him all season but haven't had the chance yet.

Watch them get beat easily this week when they actually play a solid team.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates is freaking ballin such a stud.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman for MVP, Clay Mathews to break the sack record, what's next? Why is it whenever someone starts to play good somebody always has to take it to the extreme when giving praise? Freeman has impressed me for a long time but no, his name belongs nowhere near MVP, candidate or winner.

It'll still always be amusing to me when he continues to do better how bad he was trashed as a draft prospect by 95% of people here, not that he would fail, but absolutely trashed like no one I can ever remember since I've been a member here.

On topic of the game, he did make that really bonehead play though where he took the sack late in the game and took them out of fg range, no idea why he didn't throw that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Freeman for MVP, Clay Mathews to break the sack record, what's next? Why is it whenever someone starts to play good somebody always has to take it to the extreme when giving praise? Freeman has impressed me for a long time but no, his name belongs nowhere near MVP, candidate or winner.

It'll still always be amusing to me when he continues to do better how bad he was trashed as a draft prospect by 95% of people here, not that he would fail, but absolutely trashed like no one I can ever remember since I've been a member here.

On topic of the game, he did make that really bonehead play though where he took the sack late in the game and took them out of fg range, no idea why he didn't throw that away.
Yeah, Freeman's really been making me look like a jackass, although I did start easing up on him towards draft time because even I thought Sniper(I think it was him)'s hate for him was excessive.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I call shenanigans on anyone who thinks it's some joke that Freeman should be considered. Shame on anyone who can't see it - this kid is as legit a candidate as any other top 10-15 MVP candidate.

Here's the easiest way to prove my point:

Every year when Manning wins the award (always a deserving candidate) the talk turns to how bad the Colts would be without him. And people swallow that **** hook, line and sinker.

The Buccs average about 100 yard per game rushing. Freeman accounts for 1/4 of that. Obviously he has all their passing yards per game. Their D is 25th in the league in total yards, 13th against the pass and an abysmal 30th against the rush. They just gave up 35 points to the Cardinals. On top of all of that their best WR & RB are rookies.

It sure sounds like a situation that would definitely yield the same "This team would suck without him" talk that wins Peyton the award every year.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs fans, we get it, your team is playing good this year... RELAX.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Yeah, Freeman's really been making me look like a jackass, although I did start easing up on him towards draft time because even I thought Sniper(I think it was him)'s hate for him was excessive.
I saw him a bit seeing more Big XII games then anything, and while he certainly didn't look like a sure thing or a polished product, the potential was certainly there to be a 1st rounder, and he definately had tools that could develop him into a legit QB. Good thing for him is he is still growing as a QB, but I saw a ton of flashes as a rookie out of him and the 4th QT comebacks this season are the sort of things that give him confidence and can turn him into a stud.

I just thought it was a bit unfair that people were going nuts saying he shouldn't be drafted, and acting like it was written in stone he would be a massive failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I call shenanigans on anyone who thinks it's some joke that Freeman should be considered. Shame on anyone who can't see it - this kid is as legit a candidate as any other top 10-15 MVP candidate.

Here's the easiest way to prove my point:

Every year when Manning wins the award (always a deserving candidate) the talk turns to how bad the Colts would be without him. And people swallow that **** hook, line and sinker.

The Buccs average about 100 yard per game rushing. Freeman accounts for 1/4 of that. Obviously he has all their passing yards per game. Their D is 25th in the league in total yards, 13th against the pass and an abysmal 30th against the rush. They just gave up 35 points to the Cardinals. On top of all of that their best WR & RB are rookies.

It sure sounds like a situation that would definitely yield the same "This team would suck without him" talk that wins Peyton the award every year.

Where would you place him in MVP voting, or how many people in front of him would you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Where would you place him in MVP voting, or how many people in front of him would you have?
Why you gotta call me out like that, bruh?

lol

IDK, I honestly didn't stop and think about who I would place in the top 10 right now. I just think it's crazy to react like it's absurd to consider Freeman.

FWIW - the award never goes to a losing team so we're left with 17 teams with winning records, including the Buccs, and eliminating qualified candidates like Rivers & Gates & AP.

Out of the following teams - those with winning records - I honestly don't see 10 quality options that should be considered more deserving than Freeman.

Patriots - none. Seriously, not a single guy on the roster as MVP.
Jets - Tomlinson? Sanchez isn't more deserving than Freeman.
Dolphins - none.
Ravens - Flacco? Not glaringly better numbers compared to Freeman, and a much better D, WRs, and RBs.
Steelers - none. Troy is always a solid option, though.
Texans - Foster. Playing like an MVP, no question.
Titans - CJ2K? Not really out of this world, but still a stud and always a solid option.
Colts - Manning. The guy's name probably comes on the ballot and to vote otherwise you have to scribble his name out first. lol
Chiefs - Hali? Some other defender? Nobody on offense, and when was the last time a D player was selected? Maybe if they utilized one RB that guy would deserve it, but they don't.
Giants - Manning? Bradshaw? Both could be good choices.
Eagles - McCoy. Highly underrated, imo. This kid is a beast.
Packers - none. Rodgers is awesome, but not really blowing up.
Bears - Peppers? Again, no offensive player and it's foolish to think this is the year a D player gets the "Best QB" award.
Falcons - Roddy White. He would be my pick right now, honestly. Gonzo fell off the planet (siggy!! lol) and White is still beasting.
Buccanneers - Freeman. Now that you've forced me to actually make a list, he's looking even better to me as a top 10 candidate.
Saints - Brees? Not with his recent string of INTs.
Seahawks - lmao. Yeah, right.

So . . . all tolled, I have Tomlinson, Flacco, CJ2K, Foster, Peyton, Eli, Bradshaw, McCoy, Roddy, Freeman as serious contenders. While I admit I didn't dig too deep into the rosters/stats & this is more for the sake of argument, that is 10 guys at the top of the list. Especially factoring in my initial argument that Peyton supporters always fall back on the "Colts would sucks without him" logic, Freeman is a good choice. Lots of these candidates have way more around them than Freeman.

Roddy / Peyton / Foster would be the smart money.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 11-01-2010 at 12:36 PM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maurkice Pouncey.

/thread
Old 11-01-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Making a case for the team forum.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I see why there is such contempt for Buccaneer fans on this board.

Yeah, he's having a good year, but unless this team wins the division and he puts up monster numbers (neither are going to happen) there isn't a shot in lord Satan almighty's backyard he wins it.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I dont see how anyone who plays on a team with a losing record can be considered for MVP, especially when his QB is on course to break the all time yardage record. Definitely up there for offensive player of the year though
This is just a media spin. A players value has nothing to do with his teams record. I think it's ludicrous that this is the way that MVP voting has become.

In fact, it almost makes no sense that you have to be on a great team in order to win. I mean, it's a team sport. No one player can carry a team without help. That points to the fact that if you are on a team with more wins, you probably have more help, which actually makes you LESS valuable.

Performing extremely well on a horrible team should not negate your value, it should amplify it. A great team down a man will still be good, a horrendous team down a man will be pathetically awful. In straight VALUE, Gates is the only receiver on that team worth a damn right now, and has put up huge numbers.

Not that I think a TE will ever actually be MVP. But the logic you have to be on a winning team to become MVP is ridiculously flawed.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
This is just a media spin. A players value has nothing to do with his teams record. I think it's ludicrous that this is the way that MVP voting has become.

In fact, it almost makes no sense that you have to be on a great team in order to win. I mean, it's a team sport. No one player can carry a team without help. That points to the fact that if you are on a team with more wins, you probably have more help, which actually makes you LESS valuable.

Performing extremely well on a horrible team should not negate your value, it should amplify it. A great team down a man will still be good, a horrendous team down a man will be pathetically awful. In straight VALUE, Gates is the only receiver on that team worth a damn right now, and has put up huge numbers.

Not that I think a TE will ever actually be MVP. But the logic you have to be on a winning team to become MVP is ridiculously flawed.
It may be a media spin, but that is who votes for the award...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all know the true MVP..

Sam Bradford!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren McFadden???? If we keep it theres a chance.

He is 1st in the league with 111.3 rushing yards per game, 6th in rushing yards(missed 2 games), tied for 11th with 4 tds, 1st in league with total yards, has 5.5 ypc

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
It may be a media spin, but that is who votes for the award...
Never said it wasn't. As I said, I have no illusions about Gates ever being the MVP. MVP is a giant QB circle jerk, and it will be Manning or Brady, regardless.