Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Absolutely pathetic to not be able to pass that.

Pick all the holes in Golic you want, he is still 47 and still got closer than Haynesworth has managed.

I could rock up now, with no ACL in my right knee and I could pass that test. Any person in decent shape should be able to pass that test, that is all it is designed to test, it isn't some test to prove you are an elite athlete, it is a test to show you have decent endurance and are in good enough shape to then go and train.

Probably the hardest part of the whole test is the wait in the middle that lets the lactic acid build up, the time and distance should present no challenge at all, remove that and tell them to run 600 yards and it is as basic a fitness test as you will get.

I'm fully of the opinion that this test was a measure for Shanahan to show who is boss and that Haynesworth's abysmally pathetic attempt at completing it and subsequent injury is just his way of pushing back. Hell Mt Cody passed a very similar test for the Ravens, it is not a difficult test, but Haynesworth is making his point, it hurts the team far more as I haven't seen anywhere that he isn't getting paid or is fineable whilst he sits out and fails the test, he is basically holding out in front of everyone.

This one is going to be very interesting, basically Shanahan is not letting his best player train or learn the defense to make a point, will be very interesting how long he is willing to let the sideshow run before he takes some action, either makes him train or sends him home, either way... the Redskins are successfully going into self destruct mode again.
Golic did not do the same test. Golic did a horsecrap version that's basically jogging for a minute.

...and you have no idea what you're talking about. Until you've actually done it, you can live in ignorance and keep thinking it's something any average schmuck can do. Take it from a guy who had to do it for a college football program: it's not easy unless you're built like a runner. If you have a lot of muscle mass, it's hard as hell. I could do it, but I had the advantage of not being a lineman.

...and Mt. Cody's test was the lineman test. IT WAS A TOTAL OF 150 YARDS (3 sets of 50) WITHOUT BENDING DOWN. Meanwhile, Fat Albert is being forced to do the same test as DBs and LBs...four times the length and touching the line with his hand.

Your Anti-Haynesworth bias is showing.

Last edited by Monomach : 08-04-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The heavier you are the harder this test is. as i said i take it for hockey and we have ten seconds less because none of us are even close to three hundred pounds lol

for a normally built person whos in shape this isnt too bad but if youre not in shape or your the size of a bus, its a challenge.

A heavy person has to accelerate all that mass, stop it and touch the ground, turn around and do it again a whole lot of times. the stopping and starting is what wears you out, not the distance, and its a lot more wear on you than most people seem to be giving it credit for. the running in between is like a break really, once you get going its not bad just cruise to the next stop point. but its not far enough to really catch your breath or anything like that.

i agree that i think this is fat albert pushing back, he'll pass it when his knee is good and he really wants to.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh and golic didnt do even close to the same test. his model of it was piss poor and is basically irrelevant to the conversation because he really didnt do it at all.

Mount Cody's run was very simple: 50 yards three times. that should never be an issue for anyone unless they are gargantuen
Old 08-04-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all know why the test is being made hard: Haynesworth decided not to train this off-season and Shanahan is trying to make him quit so he has to pay back the money.

The guy is a lazy player half of the time. The other half he's the best DT in the NFL. Right now, it looks like he wants to be in the first half and not the second. There is no excuse for him being out of shape. The test might be "hard" but I'll bet that every single healthy player on the team regardless of size could complete it (within 3 tries).
Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
There is no excuse for him being out of shape.
Dude, he lost 30 lbs in the offseason. How the F is he out of shape?

Quote:
The test might be "hard" but I'll bet that every single healthy player on the team regardless of size could complete it (within 3 tries).
You're wrong. There is a test given to linemen and a test given to DBs and LBs. Albert is being given the wrong one because Shanny wants his players to think he has a huge tool in his pants. If every player were expected to pass the same test, why did they even bother making separate tests in the first place? Why did the Ravens just give Cody a test that involves no bending down to touch a line, 25% of the running distance, and 25% of the accelerations/decelerations (which is the same test they gave linemen on my team, by the way)?

I'm so sick of people who have no actual football experience beyond high school pretending that they know what the hell they're talking about in this thread. The very fact that some people think that a test that is fair for a DB is perfectly fair for a guy twice that size is mind-blowing. If everyone's the same, why aren't DBs being required to lift the same amount as linemen?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Dude, he lost 30 lbs in the offseason. How the F is he out of shape?
What does that have anything to do with being in shape? Good nutrition will cause weight loss. Does that have anything to do with being in good (football) shape? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Why did the Ravens just give Cody a test that involves no bending down to touch a line, 25% of the running distance, and 25% of the accelerations/decelerations (which is the same test they gave linemen on my team, by the way)?
What does a player on the Ravens have to do with a player on the Redskins? Nothing.

Let's have sympathy for having the guy have to bend down (which he does literally every play), accelerate and decelerate (which he also does literally every play), and run hard (well, he doesn't do that every play, but he should)

edit: Linebackers and DBs don't get 73 seconds to run the second leg.

Last edited by descendency : 08-04-2010 at 11:56 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im positive that if he wanted to pass the text he would
Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

300 yard run

25 yard interval

70 seconds

You have between five and six seconds for each leg of the run. accelerating isnt that hard just gets tiring and draining, but deccelerating is what kills your time. a lot of guys practice getting to top speed quickly. few practice stopping as quickly as you need to in this drill. because of the distance and muscle memory from doing shuttle runs, most guys start to deccelerate too far from the 25 yard mark, and it kills their time. its not an impossible test by any means, but its not as easy as everyone whos never had to run one in their lives is claiming. thought i gotta say, making it in 70 seconds seems very do-able to me. then again, im not well over 300 pounds, tough for me to imagine what running is like while really fat lol

haynesworth has a ***** for whining about the system and asking for a trade with his fat selfish contract, and hes getting what was coming to him: a lot of public humiliation.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Let's have sympathy for having the guy have to bend down (which he does literally every play), accelerate and decelerate (which he also does literally every play), and run hard (well, he doesn't do that every play, but he should)

edit: Linebackers and DBs don't get 73 seconds to run the second leg.
Stop talking out of your ass, honestly. Haynesworth has never had to bend down and touch the ground in the middle of a play. He bends down at the beginning of the play and that's it. That's not the same thing. Stop talking out of your ass. He doesn't need to come to a sudden and complete stop and then touch the ground. He comes to a stop at his own pace when the play ends or when the QB gets rid of the ball. That's not the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell are people acting like it's supposed to mimic what he has to do on the field? It's not, and it doesn't. This is a conditioning test, not defensive line drills. Who cares if he never has to run 300 yards in a game, that's not the point.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the point in arguing the details of the test he keeps failing. It's perfectly clear to anyone with any ability to observe and make reasonable conclusions that he gets lazy when he's not playing for a contract. The hero worshipping jock-gobblers who make excuses for him just can't get over the way he played in his contract years. They are obviously blinded to how he's performed since suckering the Redskins into paying him that ridiculous contract.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

Eh thats sorta true, hes been solid but nothing spectacular except that one contract year, so in a way its very true, but i think its also the fact that hes a poor sport, when hes losing or things arent going his way he just quits and doesnt care anymore, just turns into a spoiled large child. i think as long as hes with shanahan hes gunna half*** it and not care some more because he hates the guy at this point. considering he wasnt lighting the world on fire since he got there it doesnt look like he'll bother to turn it on later either
Old 08-04-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be surprised if AH is a Giant, Panther or more likely, a Ram, before the season is over.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Don't be surprised if AH is a Giant, Panther or more likely, a Ram, before the season is over.
I highly doubt the Skins are going to let him go to the Giants. Itd be like the Eagles throwing McNabb to the skins.... wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:06 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fat Albert Passes Conditioning Test
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
LOL he could have passed the test the first day he took it, i dont think people are comprehending that.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a tough test, but I'm 100% confident that he was just dogging it. The guy is not out of shape in the least, he's just going to make life really hard for the rest of the people at camp without giving up any of his money.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's a tough test, but I'm 100% confident that he was just dogging it. The guy is not out of shape in the least, he's just going to make life really hard for the rest of the people at camp without giving up any of his money.
Pretty much
Old 11-01-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently not anymore...

Haynesworth: "I'm not good enough to play in a 3-4"

Quote:
“We just kept working at the Okie, and I wasn’t coming along to be able to be the starter in that stuff,” Haynesworth said. “And I was like, ‘Hey, let’s focus on the stuff that I know and you’ll see a lot more production out of me.”’

Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said there came a point when the defense had to punt.

“Trying to get him to do the 3-4 stuff was trying to get a square peg into a round hole,” Haslett said. “We tried to force the issue, and it hasn’t worked out the way that we would like. I still think he can do it because he’s a good athlete and he is athletic and smart and tough enough to do it.”

So what does Haynesworth have as his goal for the rest of the season?

“Keep playing and help the teammates, and make plays and I guess get noticed more,” he said, “so people will say I’m not a bust or whatever.”

Once the session was done, Haynesworth was asked if he’ll speak again next week.

“What is this? Week 8?” he said as he walked away from the podium. “I’ll see you at Week 16.”
If you don't want to be "a bust or whatever" maybe you should actually try to learn the defense

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good would he look next to Canty with Osi and Tuck on either side and Joseph, Cofield, JPP and maybe even Kiwi around playoff time keeping them fresh?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote