Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you make too many rules, this is going to be the result.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did not think that call last night was bad.... :D I must say I sure thought McCarthy wasted our challenge though. I can see how the ground did appear to be used but I dont see how the call could be overturned.

Two controversial no calls that changed games for us were against the Redskins and Dolphins. During OT against the Redskins Rodgers threw a INT that led to the Redskins winning FG. Rodgers was hit helmet to helmet as he threw which should have been a 15 yard flag and no INT. Instead nothing but later that week the player was fined for this hit.

Againist the Dolphins supposedly the guy standing up wasn't a yard away from the center like the rule states on punts. It looks pretty obvious to me he was. So in the 4th after the Dolphins punt, game goes to commercial and comes back on. Here we find out the Packers were flagged for that BS and instead of seeing the offense like we expected its 1st down Miami (was like 4th an 4 so they got 1st down) The Dolphins then drive down to score a TD and take the lead when it should have been GB ball.

It is what it is so im over them.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL loves reviewed plays because they can flood it with ads, replay it twice, go to ad break for a few minutes come back play the replays and say something.

I personally don't care about ref errors, they happen, some things you should make sure you get right such as TD catches but really outside of that I think the game would run better with less interference. Would also be good if they clarified some of the rules that have created problems this year.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
The NFL loves reviewed plays because they can flood it with ads, replay it twice, go to ad break for a few minutes come back play the replays and say something.

I personally don't care about ref errors, they happen, some things you should make sure you get right such as TD catches but really outside of that I think the game would run better with less interference. Would also be good if they clarified some of the rules that have created problems this year.
I agree with everything in this post.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There have been a wholelotta slow whistles this yr. sometimes resulting in the ballcarrier being stripped & a chg. of possession.

ESPN even commented on it & showed the play where Cowboy WR Roy Williams has held up for 3-4 secs. after a big gain & got stripped, he & the whole Dallas bench were screaming at the ref for a whistle that was verrrrrrry slow in coming.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't stand refs these days, and the thing about them that pisses me off the most is they are immune to criticism. If they do a bad job, and anyone says anything, they're fined.

Brad Childress is a moron and even his own fans can't stand him.

But me, personally, I tip my cap to him for calling them out for their terrible job in big plays on Sunday night. Now I am glad the refs screwed the Vikings as we've been screwed in our 3 losses.

But I just don't get why they are immune to criticism. They're not public volunteers right? They're not charity. They are getting paid right? Not as much as players of coaches, but a nice salary.

No I don't expect them to be perfect as they're human and we all **** up at times, beit with our girlfriends, tests, work, our free throw shooting, short putts, double faults, errors, etc.

But NFL refs should be great at what they do, and they should be able to properly use technology to make their calls more accurate. I don't like teams fortunes being decided by zebras and it seems to be happening moreso than ever as parity is rampant in the NFL.

Look how close all the Ravens, Packers games have been.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I can't stand refs these days, and the thing about them that pisses me off the most is they are immune to criticism. If they do a bad job, and anyone says anything, they're fined.

Brad Childress is a moron and even his own fans can't stand him.

But me, personally, I tip my cap to him for calling them out for their terrible job in big plays on Sunday night. Now I am glad the refs screwed the Vikings as we've been screwed in our 3 losses.

But I just don't get why they are immune to criticism. They're not public volunteers right? They're not charity. They are getting paid right? Not as much as players of coaches, but a nice salary.

No I don't expect them to be perfect as they're human and we all **** up at times, beit with our girlfriends, tests, work, our free throw shooting, short putts, double faults, errors, etc.

But NFL refs should be great at what they do, and they should be able to properly use technology to make their calls more accurate. I don't like teams fortunes being decided by zebras and it seems to be happening moreso than ever as parity is rampant in the NFL.

Look how close all the Ravens, Packers games have been.
Supposedly they're not immune. They get graded on each game and at the end of the season if they receive a high grade are rewarded with reffing playoff games. If they are graded poorly they can be terminated.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest problem is that almost every rule is open to interpretation. When that happens, just about everything that gets called or missed is pretty much a guess from the officials. Everything has to be clearly defined and the only things that are clearly defined are false starts and illegal formations.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
I don't see why that Santonio call was so controversial. Hill facemasked him on the play, and Holmes STILL almost caught the ball...
I agree, it was absolutely the right call. It's not even debatable.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Brandon Flowers "PI" should be higher then 4.and Brandon Carr's "PI" should have been on this list as well
To tell you the truth I think the call on Carr was worse, the call on Flowers had more of an impact on the game but the call by it's self on Carr was much worse.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.