Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-26-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will rep every one of you if I get bummed out afterwards.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It'll only be a good time if you cut a hole in the bottom of the bag of popcorn and slip your dick in there.
Because this deserves to be attempted.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
You still like her and it's the reason you're going with her, hopefully she changes her mind for your sake.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously, I don't blame you. It's tough to ditch a friend, but when you are being used, you need to either stand up for yourself or cut her off.

edit: I'm in a slightly similar situation. *sigh*

edit2: though I cut her off. It's awkward being around for the times we are forced to be together (classes). Really really awkward.

edit3: Though, I can't tell if I'm more miserable now that we are ignoring one another or when it was only her putting me in the friend zone.

Last edited by descendency : 10-27-2010 at 03:21 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:48 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it went according to "friends", which I was pretty sure was going to happen. I guess you guys are sort of right? I am feeling the approximate bummed feeling i was expecting.

I'll let you guys know the total bummage after i go to sleep and see how much I think about it.

It doesn't help that my roommate is banging the **** out of his girlfriend on the wall next to me.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:33 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So it went according to "friends", which I was pretty sure was going to happen. I guess you guys are sort of right? I am feeling the approximate bummed feeling i was expecting.

I'll let you guys know the total bummage after i go to sleep and see how much I think about it.

It doesn't help that my roommate is banging the **** out of his girlfriend on the wall next to me.
Did you at least like the movie?
Old 10-30-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ask them if you can join.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ask them if you can join.
statue of liberty move?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
statue of liberty move?
I was thinking the eiffel tower.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Did you at least like the movie?
No. Worst movie I've ever seen.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking the eiffel tower.
I forget what it's called when you run a train on a girl and high-five above her.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

london bridges?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best part about this thread is that people give advice that is based on experience and not based on their perceptions of you as a person. You get good advice in this thread, but if you don't take it, you are going to get burned. Just sayin'.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The best part about this thread is that people give advice that is based on experience and not based on their perceptions of you as a person. You get good advice in this thread, but if you don't take it, you are going to get burned. Just sayin'.
This is true bc since none of us know each other on real life you can get honest feedback. Where if you ask a friend they might not saying what they really think.

Kalbear is going through something that just about every guy has went through. He likes a girl and she only likes him as a friend. Once you get in the friendzone your only move is just to move on. The chances of her changing her mind is slim.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to pretty much every guy's life. Every guy makes these mistakes. Some of them more than once. I think I ran into that brick wall 4 or 5 times in my day. Fact is, people are looking for validation of the decisions they have already made. There is no magic cure all answer here. You just have to figure out what's best for you and take the appropriate actions. Not easy to do when you don't know what you want and need.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-01-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so long story super short:
see girl at party
- we both recognize each other
-finally realize how when she tells me she has to leave and says where she works
- me walks her home (such a gentleman)
-she tells me to visit her at work next day
- i do. she says to facebook message her because her phone never works and she never answers texts
- i get drunk with my best friend from home
-message her next day being all like my bad, how was your night?
- she doesnt answer until the next day, which is weird because she was on and wrote on one of our mutual friends wall.
- get her message this morning saying "yea i had fun with some of my housemates, i gotta go to classssss now but i'll see you soon probs!
-me=has NO idea how to reply or what to do. how do i play this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I forget what it's called when you run a train on a girl and high-five above her.
That is the eiffel tower, sir. One guy is getting fellated, the other is hitting it doggy style and you do a double high-five above her.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
see girl at party
-finally realize how when she tells me she has to leave and says where she works
- i do. she says to facebook message her because her phone never works and she never answers texts
- she doesnt answer until the next day, which is weird because she was on and wrote on one of our mutual friends wall.
- get her message this morning saying "yea i had fun with some of my housemates, i gotta go to classssss now but i'll see you soon probs!
well I'd probably start by suggesting an outing of some sort... Movie, coffee, tea, who gives a ****.

You could either go into her work and ask her there, or you could send her a facebook message. I'd do it in person, but that's just me.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

And I already made the decision to go to the movies but hearing your guys' 'stranger' opinion did help when it comes to my attitude going into it. Thank you to all.

Because you were all right. :D
Old 11-02-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
see girl at party
I would leave it be for about 2 weeks. After that 2 week break, decide if you still want to pursue her. Figure out via the mutual friends when she's going to be at work, then surprise her. At that point, you can ask her out in person. Stop with the FB messaging. FB IM and email are really not that good, and people often don't check them. If you know the girl personally, you should be able to call her on the phone.

That leads to my next question: What functioning member of society has a phone that sucks and doesn't text? Seems shady to me. FB messages put the power in her hands, and then she doesn't have to give up her #... If she doesn't have her crap together enough to have a functioning phone, why would you want her?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
How to pick up girls in coffee shops

http://www.ehow.com/how_5680265_pick...ffee-shop.html
This worked actually when I used a variation of it. Simple as I held the door for a girl while having swagg by saying stuff like, "Oh! let me get that for you with those hands full" and just kinda talked to her a little bit. Rode the elevator with her too, she stopping 5th floor, me at the 8th floor. As she was getting off she was like, "I really hope I get to see you again" in that really flirty voice girls have.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
This worked actually when I used a variation of it. Simple as I held the door for a girl while having swagg by saying stuff like, "Oh! let me get that for you with those hands full" and just kinda talked to her a little bit. Rode the elevator with her too, she stopping 5th floor, me at the 8th floor. As she was getting off she was like, "I really hope I get to see you again" in that really flirty voice girls have.
and at that point you should have held the door and said... "Well here's my number"

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That strategy probably works, but it's a high volume strategy. You need to pick the right target and try it a bunch of times. Even if you get the #, there's no lock you'll get a date. Even if you get a date, there's no lock it'll be any good. It's a good roadmap and should work for a lot of these guys, but there is no magic answer that will work for everyone and on everyone.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
and at that point you should have held the door and said... "Well here's my number"
She asked for my roommate #, gave it to her.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Protocol on a regular bar patron asking a waitress out? I think it's kind of ****** to ask someone out when they're at work (and you're not a co-worker) unless it's obvious she's down for it. Just curious what some of you think about that situation.