Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-03-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Any tips on how not to suck? I can shoot fine at this point, but I'm having problems driving and finishing.
Really try and master all the ISO moves. There is a practice mode where they show you how to do it as well. Really helps. I've had it since launch and I'm still just getting a feel for it.

Also offensive plays help quite a bit.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
NBA 2k11 is so boner-licious. It's so incredibly realistic and not to mention damn fun.

I'm having a hard time putting NCAA away, but as soon as I do, I'm moving onto this.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely, thank you. I've always felt the monthly fees for games was a bit of a rip off, and a major profit margin for MMO's. I can only imagine how Blizzard makes in profit from their 9 million subscribers on WoW.

Oh, and by the way NBA Elite 11 was canceled, so if anyone was holding out you minds well just pick up 2k11.

We also need to get a league started up for those of us who play it regularly!

Last edited by Forenci : 11-03-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any tips on how not to suck? I can shoot fine at this point, but I'm having problems driving and finishing.
If you want to drive with a player, you almost have to call for a "quick isolation" under the plays. Stand on the wing or the top of the three point line, call it, and everyone will clear out to one side, giving you lots of room to operate.

I figured this out while trying to pass the "Arrival" Jordan challenge. The Celtics defense is so ridiculous and Jordan can't shoot at all in that one since it's the second year of his career. Just call iso after iso and beat the defender off the dribble.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just figured out the quick isolation thing. It helps a bit, but it just seems like my guys are way slower to react to the ball than the CPU sometimes. Whenever the lane is clear for a dunk my guy just kind of catches it and holds it for a second instead of going up for the jam/initiating contact. I like the game a lot and it's pretty deep, but it's frustrating as hell right now haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, it's really no longer a game of just holding down sprint and running by defenders. The AI on defense is soooo much smarter now. It really take a lot of skill to be great offensively. I also recommend getting good at your mid-range and three point shooting. 2k use to be a game where you could just get to the rim 90% to score, but now you really need to utilize ISO moves, offensive playsets, and be able to hit open jumpers.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I went to EB Games today, and realized there are a ton of games I want. Gunna run some by you guys, get some reviews on them for which ones to buy. They are...

- NHL 11
- Halo Reach
- Final Fantasy 13
- Force Unleashed 1 & 2
- Fable III
- Batman: Arkham Asylum

And any other recommendations. Looking to go on a binge soon I think. Might actually finish Lost Odyssey this time too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- NHL 11
- Halo Reach
- Final Fantasy 13
- Force Unleashed 1 & 2
- Fable III
- Batman: Arkham Asylum

all NHL games are awesome.

Reach is arguably the best of the Halo series. I actually loved the campaign and didn't feel like I was doing some tedious chore of killing flood like in previous games. Not a single bad level in the game. plus multi is obviously deep.

not much into final fantasy, wish they had nudity.

force unleashed story is awesome and worth the playthrough. i'm a huge star wars fan and loved it. haven't played the 2nd one, but heard it was short....like beat the game in 4 hours short.

fable 3 i haven't played, but i've heard that fable 2 is actually funner.

batman: arkham asylum.....must own. this game was awesome. not sure about the replay value, but for a couple of weeks you'll have a blast and believe that you are batman.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last level of Reach pales in comparison to the level before it but other then that yeah it's good. If we lived close APS I got let you borrow half of those games. Batman AA is ******* so much fun for batman fans like myself. Just a very fun game and the sequel looks like its going to be ten times better. FF 13, very meeeeh. I'm prolly trading it in for COD or something. Outside of the combat its not very good which is a shame because the combat is very fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also dont know how I feel about the new layout on xbox live

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Also dont know how I feel about the new layout on xbox live
I love it, but I've had it for a month now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-03-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesnt matter to me...I dont even notice a big difference. It just seems a little slower.

Anyway, I beat New Vegas...took me 71 hours. It loses some steam at the end, just like Fallout 3 and I had about 10 freezes at the end as well. Way too many enemies on screen for their game engine to handle.

The game is still fantastic...I just wish they were good at closing games out well, but I have never really been impressed with their endings. I saved at a certain point and have beaten two of the four main endings. I'll finish the last one I can do later tonight. I cant do the other, because you had to be evil, so I dont even have the option, this late in the game. But yeah, that'll be it for Fallout for quite a while, I'm sure. After they release several DLC, I'll give it another go on hardcore/evil.

edit...And as for ESPN 3 on XBOX Live. Meh. The quality sucks...I'd rather just watch it on my cpu, like I do every Saturday, anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must be your internet MOTH, the ESPN3 rapes on my XBL. Re-watched the Oregon/USC game last night, forwarded all the commercials, and it's amazing quality.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I can't play New Vegas currently. One of the thing I had to do the progress the game forward I really did not want to do.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-03-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't play New Vegas currently. One of the thing I had to do the progress the game forward I really did not want to do.
Brotherhood of Steel?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-03-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Must be your internet MOTH, the ESPN3 rapes on my XBL. Re-watched the Oregon/USC game last night, forwarded all the commercials, and it's amazing quality.
I just tried to watch a replay of the Mid Tenn St./Ark St. game just to test it out and it looked awful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I have zero dollars and need to find a way to get COD, I'm thinking of trading in some games other then Reach, which eaves FF 13 Batman, and some older games which I doubt I'll gut much for. Any suggestiong, I have rock band **** I dont use but Idk how much that will get me

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have zero dollars and need to find a way to get COD, I'm thinking of trading in some games other then Reach, which eaves FF 13 Batman, and some older games which I doubt I'll gut much for. Any suggestiong, I have rock band **** I dont use but Idk how much that will get me
Well damn, give me FF13 and Batman haha I was thinking about buying them tomorrow anyways. Of the ones I mentioned, those two sound the most promising of the ones I read. Definitely gunna get Reach too, but I might wait until Black Friday for that one.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Well damn, give me FF13 and Batman haha I was thinking about buying them tomorrow anyways. Of the ones I mentioned, those two sound the most promising of the ones I read. Definitely gunna get Reach too, but I might wait until Black Friday for that one.
Read my post last page about FF 13, dont spend more then 20 on it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Read my post last page about FF 13, dont spend more then 20 on it.
Yeah my roommate agreed to buy NHL 11 if I buy Reach, so that works. Arkham is pretty cheap, so Ill probably end up getting it first.
Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I don't know if the PSN has ESPN3 or not, but if it potentially does what I think, that alone is probably worth the $ to me personally.

I read somewhere they are still uploading stuff to it, but it looks like you'll be able to watch games after the fact that are archived and if that's the case for NFL games I'm sold. I've always been happy with the experience for 5$ a month so I've never complained, seems well worth it IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Amazon is having a buy two get one free deal, APS. Might want to check that one out. Target is doing the same.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-03-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha try putting the game speed up to 70, I like the way it moves at that speed.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Brotherhood of Steel?
Yes sir.

As far as the 2 for 1 deals and COD goes, I was smart. Bought NBA2k11 and Madden 11, which someone went halfies on with me and then bought Medal of Honor as a place holder. Going to return the last one in a few days and be like "Oh, bought the wrong one/present lol".

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Amazon is having a buy two get one free deal, APS. Might want to check that one out. Target is doing the same.
Amazon.ca as well? I'm Canadian, not sure if it will apply. I'll check it out though, that would be pretty sweet.
Quote: