Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore already said that they will not claim him IIRC.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the least, he could be a nice depth rotational guy for NE. Id like it

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Steroids? Might of helped him
I never understood this sentiment, as I think it's more one of those things people hear and just keep on repeating. He was suspended his second season for four games and went on to have his best season ever; 17 sacks, 1 int, 8 pd and 4 ff. He followed that up with a 12.5 sack season where he was schemed against even moreso. Was he off of roids at this point?? Maybe, maybe not, wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was still on the juice. But he clearly performed well after the suspension and the only thing that has hampered him the last couple years has been severe injuries and his dumbass attitude to try to play through some of them.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I never understood this sentiment, as I think it's more one of those things people hear and just keep on repeating. He was suspended his second season for four games and went on to have his best season ever; 17 sacks, 1 int, 8 pd and 4 ff. He followed that up with a 12.5 sack season where he was schemed against even moreso. Was he off of roids at this point?? Maybe, maybe not, wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was still on the juice. But he clearly performed well after the suspension and the only thing that has hampered him the last couple years has been severe injuries and his dumbass attitude to try to play through some of them.
I agree with a lot of this. Obviously the roids helped. Why take something if it doesn't help you? But roids don't make a scrub a super star. However, injuries do turn superstars in scrubs, and I think that is what happened with Merriman. How many games did he stupidly play on that knee? I forget now but it was a lot. I imagine the damage he did will be very slow to heal if it ever even completely heals.

Without roids and without injuries I think Merriman would've been a pretty good or great player. Not a ridiculous QB killer like he was but probably a 10+ sack guy most years.

At this point though it is hard to imagine him ever getting near that level again.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
He had 17 sacks in 12 games as a 3-4 OLB, how in the heck could he have been a better 4-3 DE?
Because he's such a massive liability in coverage and always has been.

4-3 defensive ends are allowed rack up sacks, too.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@Jay_Glazer Shocker: Bills strongly leaning toward claiming Merriman. Only way doesn't happen is if they change minds last minute.
Quote:
If Bills put in the claim they get him bc of waiver order. Nothing official yet but 2 sources say they are doing it. See if they follow thru
Well that would be interesting.

UPDATE from Glazer-
Quote:
I'm hearing now even stronger that bills gm buddy nix has gone as far as informing merriman he's claiming him

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Last edited by Da-Phins : 11-03-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Well that would be interesting.
If they do this will they try the 3-4 again?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ProFootballTalk

Says a PFT reader regarding the Bills possibly getting Shawne Merriman: "Now they'll have Maybin and Hasbin."

good luck limo-ing over to Hollywood from Buffalo, Shawne.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Buffalo. Didn't want him in Miami.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Steroids? Might of helped him
Of course, i'm just saying that if he was taking steroids as a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, i'd much rather have him at OLB given that he had 17 sacks in 12 games.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... he's a FA at the end of the year, right?
I don't see this lasting past this season, if so

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote