Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"My comment to Charlie Villanueva was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league,'" Garnett said.
Hahaha what a load of ******** you asshole.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kg Ftmfw.
(10)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Haters gunna hate. Rondo has 82 assists, ******* insane.
Not when you play next to Pierce, Allen and Garnett. Rondo is a good player, but his stats are quite inflated playing next to those guys. A lot of the ones he gets are catch and shoot opportunities. Give Paul, Deron, Nash Rose or any other top tier PG those weapons and they'd be posting monster numbers too.

Plus, teams basically dare Rondo to play offense which gives him freedom to roam wherever he pleases.

That said. He's exactly what that team needs. A pure point to distribute the ball all over the floor and get guys in rhythm.

Put him on a mediocre team and you'd see quite a difference, and not in a positive way. He's smart, efficient, clever and skilled, but he's nowhere near being an elite player and any talk of him as "the best PG in the league" is just nonsense.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe is like a 15 year old playing with 6 year olds tonight
Old 11-04-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Cousins play is quite refreshing to see. He's missed a couple easy shots, but he busted his ass back on defense and beat Gasol to the paint.

I've ripped on him for his lack of maturity before, but I think he's just misunderstood. He does care and wants to be a great player and yeah he's a little immature, but he just needs to grow up a little. He's got a temper and he's pretty emotional and I think that gets perceived as having a bad attitude, an abrasive personality or being stubborn.

If a coach can connect with him to get him to settle down and listen he's going to be a ******* force. Dude is ridiculously skilled for a big man (fun fact: he ran the point for his varsity high school team and consistently brought it up against the press).

He needs to stop chucking though. Shot ain't fallin' tonight big fella so get down low to the post and dominate the boards. I think it's quite impressive he has that type of range, but he needs to be on the interior for the most part.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demarcus Cousins should never be shooting threes. Ever.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Kobe is like a 15 year old playing with 6 year olds tonight
I think the best thing that could happen to him was the HEAT debacle.

Kobe's ALL BUSINESS and looks like he's in June-mode right now. You would expect a guy who just won two straight titles to maybe not be going for triple doubles in a probably meaningless game in Sacramento. I think the LeBron fiasco has fueled him even more to be a beast in the regular season (team Ws) and fill up the stat sheet to prove he's better than LBJ (look at the 12 assists tonight).

Basically on a mission. Which is scary.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did Odom learn how to hit those step-back shots? When the Lakers are playing like that, it is frightening.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Demarcus Cousins should never be shooting threes. Ever.
Certainly not right now, but in a few years I can see him adding it to his arsenal and hitting it consistently. He's already a polished player for his size down low and he has good touch from mid-rage.

I know it'll never happen, but I want to see him run a pick and roll in an exhibition next year.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Francisco Garcia is good people.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Garcia would **** Kobe up.

Btw, time to put Evans back in there. 5 fouls or not I think you need your best player out there.

Oh hey, here he comes.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

C'mon Kings.

Oh no Luther. Please stop shooting. Although he's played really good D on Kobe.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Ahhh, those quick 3's make my eyes bleed. ****** attack the rim and deebo people Tyreke.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
When did Odom learn how to hit those step-back shots? When the Lakers are playing like that, it is frightening.
He's been able to do it for awhile, he's just never had the confidence to shoot the J regularly.

I'm tellin ya, playing for Team USA this summer was exactly what he needed. He finally has confidence in his skills.

Coming out of college, the dude was supposed to be everything Durant currently is. He obviously doesn't have anywhere near that kind of ceiling anymore, but he's impossible to match up with when he plays to his fullest ability.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Wasn't Durant much more of a scorer though coming out? I don't remember Lamar ever having KD's jumper/range and hitting it consistently. I remember Lamar being drooled over because he was 6'10" and was extremely versatile handling the ball, passing, running the break, rebounding, etc.

Lamar's always been an enigma. Dominant one game and disappears the next. Nice to see him stepping up though. He's the one x-factor that people sometimes forget about when they talk about the Lakers. When he plays really well the entire team feeds off it.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see if Odom maintains this pace for just that reason (consistency). Something tells me he may come back down to Earth soon.

But I'm often wrong!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet John Kuester is the first coach fired this year. He's got a feud going with Rodney Stuckey now. Stuckey ignored Kuester when he was trying to call his attention in the 3rd Quarter, and he pulled him from the game.. and I guess Stuckey refused to go back in. I think it's a pretty ****** thing of Stuckey to do though. We could've won this game but instead had to rely on Tayshaun and TMac to run the point for us.

Kuester is calling for Leadership from the team and seems to be putting all of the blame on the Players. Tayshaun said the blame should go both ways and Ben Wallace said he wouldn't talk about it.. Looks like Kuester is losing the team.

We're off to our worst start since 1980 and it's not like Joe Dumars is shy about firing coaches, I think we've had 6 different coaches in his 10 years of being our GM. I assume we'd promote Brian Hill to the Head Coach spot.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:58 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rockets are 0-4. :(
Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King Monta Ellis 39 pts 9 reb, 8 ast

Dubs 3-1

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Last edited by EvilNixon : 11-04-2010 at 09:01 AM.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Wasn't Durant much more of a scorer though coming out? I don't remember Lamar ever having KD's jumper/range and hitting it consistently. I remember Lamar being drooled over because he was 6'10" and was extremely versatile handling the ball, passing, running the break, rebounding, etc.

Lamar's always been an enigma. Dominant one game and disappears the next. Nice to see him stepping up though. He's the one x-factor that people sometimes forget about when they talk about the Lakers. When he plays really well the entire team feeds off it.
Oh yes, KD was a much more prolific scorer than Odom coming out. Odom didn't even play Division I in college, so he was a bit of an unknown quantity coming out. However, it was assumed that he'd blossom into a prolific do-it-all, ball handling forward in the NBA.

Going to the Clippers set his career development back a good five years. He's just now getting the Clipper stench off of his game. I worry that the same thing will happen to Blake Griffin. He already has the glazed look in his eye during timeouts and clock stoppages that says "holy ****, I'm the best player on the floor, but it doesn't matter and it's going to be stuck like this for a very long time".

I hate the Clippers so much.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Oh yes, KD was a much more prolific scorer than Odom coming out. Odom didn't even play Division I in college, so he was a bit of an unknown quantity coming out. However, it was assumed that he'd blossom into a prolific do-it-all, ball handling forward in the NBA.

Going to the Clippers set his career development back a good five years. He's just now getting the Clipper stench off of his game. I worry that the same thing will happen to Blake Griffin. He already has the glazed look in his eye during timeouts and clock stoppages that says "holy ****, I'm the best player on the floor, but it doesn't matter and it's going to be stuck like this for a very long time".

I hate the Clippers so much.
Lolwut

Quote:
College
In 1997, Odom attended University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) and was enrolled in summer classes. Following an academic scandal, an NCAA inquiry found Odom received payments amounting to $5,600 from booster David Chapman.[4] Coach Bill Bayno was fired and UNLV was placed on probation for four years. Odom then transferred to the University of Rhode Island, but had to sit out the 1997-98 season.

Odom played one season at Rhode Island in the Atlantic 10 Conference, where he scored 17.6 points per game and led the Rams to the conference championship in 1999. His three-pointer against Temple at the buzzer[3] gave the Rams their first A-10 Tournament title.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_Odom#College

As a side, I never realized the whole UNLV thing. How was he allowed to still play after accepting money from a booster?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KG is the ************* man.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Lolwut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_Odom#College

As a side, I never realized the whole UNLV thing. How was he allowed to still play after accepting money from a booster?
He didn't play a single game for UNLV. He was forced to transfer, sit out a season, and played one year for Rhode Island. I don't think Rhode Island was Division I at the time, but I could be completely wrong.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 11-04-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Read what you just posted.

He didn't play a single game for UNLV. He was forced to transfer, sit out a season, and played one year for Rhode Island. I don't think Rhode Island was Division I at the time, but I could be completely wrong.
They were. They played in the A10, with Dayton, Temple, Xavier, etc.

That's what I meant. I had no idea he even went to UNLV, hence me being shocked at the being paid by a booster scandal.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
They were. They played in the A10, with Dayton, Temple, Xavier, etc.

That's what I meant. I had no idea he even went to UNLV, hence me being shocked at the being paid by a booster scandal.
Ahhh gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding dude.