Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-16-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Question

If the draft were to go:

1. Raiders- JaMarcus Russell
2. Lions- Brady Quinn
3. Browns- Adrian Peterson
4. Bucs- Calvin Johnson
5. Cardinals- Joe Thomas
6. Redskins- Gaines Adams
7. Vikings- Jamaal Anderson
8. Texans- LaRon Landry

Who would the Dolphins take, and who would YOU take?

Last edited by cordscords : 03-16-2007 at 10:04 PM.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would be between Chris Houston, Leon Hall and Alan Branch. Of those 3 I would personally take Hall.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if i was running the dolphins, id be the ultimate homer and take Paul Posluszny because he is probably my favorite player at any level of football besides maybe Zach Thomas. plus that would be an amazing LB core, Thomas, Crowder, and Puz (i wouldnt have signed porter).

of course i would want to go back to a straight up Jim Bates style 4-3...

but since that obviously isnt going to happen, id try like hell to trade down and then take branch if i couldnt find a suitor.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Branch without a doubt.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ronnie Brown

I'd say Levi Brown or Branch with Joe Staley as a darkhouse (the Dolphins absolutely love him)
Old 03-21-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levi Brown or Teddy Ginn. Does anyone of you "Dolphin" fans realize we have some holes on the O-line.... BIG ONES! Especially at Left Tackle. Why would we take Branch, or any defensive lineman at all? It makes absolutely no sense, other than the fact he would be the BPA at that point. Manny Wright has decided to come back and Cameron is giving him a new chance to join the team and make some contributions, and if he plays to his potential, he is an Alan Branch clone. (6'6" 329 lbs, sound familiar?) Also, Ginn has world class speed and the Dolphins need a big time receiving/offensive/return threat to ease the comeback of Daunte. Having Ginn back there returning kicks and punts for us would be pretty sweet IMO!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-21-2007 at 12:44 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because Wright is the same size doesn't make him anywhere near the caliber of Branch. And if we want a fast return man we can get Steve Breaston who is just as dynamic of a return man as Ginn. LT is a need but there won't be a good one available at 9.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-21-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Grig
Rookie

Grig hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Levi Brown or Teddy Ginn. Does anyone of you "Dolphin" fans realize we have some holes on the O-line.... BIG ONES! Especially at Left Tackle. Why would we take Branch, or any defensive lineman at all? It makes absolutely no sense, other than the fact he would be the BPA at that point. Manny Wright has decided to come back and Cameron is giving him a new chance to join the team and make some contributions, and if he plays to his potential, he is an Alan Branch clone. (6'6" 329 lbs, sound familiar?) Also, Ginn has world class speed and the Dolphins need a big time receiving/offensive/return threat to ease the comeback of Daunte. Having Ginn back there returning kicks and punts for us would be pretty sweet IMO!
Beyond the condescending tone, we all certainly realize that the O-Line needs a lot of help, just like every year. However, the general consensus seems to be that Brown isn't athletic enough to play LT (which is what would be expected for a lineman drafted this high).

Secondly, I'm a lot higher on Ginn than most people, but it would still be a reach at nine. You just don't take someone primarily for their return skills when there's definitive impact players still available. And while we need talent at every position (barring running back, though depth is an issue) I think Ginn would net the least overall team improvement among the various options discussed.
Grig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig View Post
Beyond the condescending tone, we all certainly realize that the O-Line needs a lot of help, just like every year. However, the general consensus seems to be that Brown isn't athletic enough to play LT (which is what would be expected for a lineman drafted this high).

Secondly, I'm a lot higher on Ginn than most people, but it would still be a reach at nine. You just don't take someone primarily for their return skills when there's definitive impact players still available. And while we need talent at every position (barring running back, though depth is an issue) I think Ginn would net the least overall team improvement among the various options discussed.
How can you even say Ginn would net the least overall team improvement? There's no way to know that Landry or Hall or Branch or anyone else won't be a bust in the NFL. Nothing is for sure, for all we know Calvin Johnson could go on to be a bust or have a bad string of injuries that has him out of the NFL in 3 years (see Charles Rogers).That is such a naiive, premature statement that really shouldn't and can't be made at this time. No one knows who will have the biggest impact right away which is why the draft is not a science.

Also, Ginn is not a reach at 9.... If not for his dumbass teammate messing up his ankle in the NC, and keeping him from running the 40's, in the 4.2's, (which we all know he is capable of), he would be a top ten pick easily! And if not for all the Troy Williamson comparisons, everyone and their mothers would have him going to the Vikings and some people still do. It is very possible!

I believe Ginn is the most sure thing going for us at number nine because of the immediate impact he can make on special teams (see: Devin Hester). He can be a threat to score everytime he touches the ball and like I said before, it would smooth the comeback transition for Daunte. I would also like Landry at number nine if he was there and if we had to take a corner, I would want Chris Houston, not Leon Hall!

And guru, why are you hatin on Levi Brown so much!? Mayock came out and said he might be a better prospect at LT than even Joe Thomas, so that's good enough for me, I believe Mayock... that dude knows what he is talking about! He watches all the gametape on these guys and sees what they can do for real, did you watch all of Levi's gametape? And about the Branch comparison, Wright was pretty studly in the time he saw the field at USC, he is an underachiever, but with some help, he could dominate!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-21-2007 at 02:38 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Has Mayock never been wrong before? I love Mayock but he isn't right anywhere near 100% of the time. Last year he said McNeill shouldn't even be drafted. Brown had one of the worst combines for OL and is not athletic at all. Every game I watched of his he never showed me anything that would make him a LT. He just does not have the feet for it. He is a fine player, but not a #9 overall LT.

<njx9> <3 dg