Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 11-02-2010, 06:34 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we would be good this year, we are better but we really have so so many holes to fill and we have like no depth anywhere lol i want the cards to win this year and then next year we take this division back for good.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
... I'm starting to get curious about how Charlie Whitehurst would do ... this offense could benefit from having a QB who can escape and take a shot to Butler or Williams down the field, instead of dropping back...and immediately falling down as soon as a defender gets an arm on him.
Charlie Whitehurst to start against NYG. At home. I'm excited to see what happens.

Predictions?

I think he'll get the ball out faster than Matt, and I think he'll be more mobile in the pocket. What would worry me, of course, is his timing and how well he'll be able to anticipate his receivers getting open. I think I read somewhere that he and Mike Williams spent a lot of time throwing together over the summer, so maybe we'll see evidence of that on Sunday. I can also see us being blown out by the Giants. Anyone know what Okung's status is for this game? He'd be a huge help.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he sucks lol.

But seriously, his first career start, his only game action in the last couple of years has been preseason. Giants have a pretty good pass rush. He's not going to trust what he sees.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just have trouble seeing him being successful in his first start.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if he has a good day I'm going to be impressed.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt see the game but we really need to stop winning. i hate this mediocrity ****, we are playing ourselves out of a good drat pick aka jake locker.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
didnt see the game but we really need to stop winning. i hate this mediocrity ****, we are playing ourselves out of a good drat pick aka jake locker.
We may be able to finish 8-8, win the division and then if we have to, trade up a few spots for a QB. Could get the best of both worlds there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No.

Hasselbeck was once upon a time a top QB in the league. He hasn't played as well as he did yesterday since he was a top QB.

All we need to do is go 9-7 and we'll easily win our division.

Then, we may be able to host the ******* Bears or possibly even Bucs. The point is, it would be at home.

If we get to the round of 8, anything can happen. And we aren't hilariously bad on the road anymore anyway.

Mebane back = completely different defense. Throw out the Giants and Raiders games...

Okung back next week should also help.

Every single game on our remaining schedule is winnable.

Any team can get hot...

I'm optimistic. And very encouraged by Hass going for 333 in 3 quarters...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't watch the game either...I just had no enthusiasm for it. I figured we were going to win, but still, it's just so difficult to consistently watch bad football week after week (Huskies really burned me out this year...)

Old 11-16-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
No.

Hasselbeck was once upon a time a top QB in the league. He hasn't played as well as he did yesterday since he was a top QB.

All we need to do is go 9-7 and we'll easily win our division.

Then, we may be able to host the ******* Bears or possibly even Bucs. The point is, it would be at home.

If we get to the round of 8, anything can happen. And we aren't hilariously bad on the road anymore anyway.

Mebane back = completely different defense. Throw out the Giants and Raiders games...

Okung back next week should also help.

Every single game on our remaining schedule is winnable.

Any team can get hot...

I'm optimistic. And very encouraged by Hass going for 333 in 3 quarters...
I'm looking it at like this, I truly believe that if we make it to the playoffs that we will not make it past the 1st round. I mean I want this team to grow and do well but i think that we need another strong draft and a new qb to make it farther into the playoffs and possibly the superbowl. Can you honestly look at the season, and all of our injuries and say "that is a superbowl team". I can't. Im not trying to be a dick, because i enjoy your posts, I guess im just trying to make some conversation lol its been dead in here for awhile

Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm looking it at like this, I truly believe that if we make it to the playoffs that we will not make it past the 1st round. I mean I want this team to grow and do well but i think that we need another strong draft and a new qb to make it farther into the playoffs and possibly the superbowl. Can you honestly look at the season, and all of our injuries and say "that is a superbowl team". I can't. Im not trying to be a dick, because i enjoy your posts, I guess im just trying to make some conversation lol its been dead in here for awhile
Nobody is going to look at this team in it's present form and think Superbowl, well anyone that knows anything about football at least. Thing is the differance in going 8-8 or 6-10 isnt going to all of a sudden bring in a superior crop of draft choices. I know you want the QB out of this draft and that can be accomplished with a little finesse.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Nobody is going to look at this team in it's present form and think Superbowl, well anyone that knows anything about football at least. Thing is the differance in going 8-8 or 6-10 isnt going to all of a sudden bring in a superior crop of draft choices. I know you want the QB out of this draft and that can be accomplished with a little finesse.
I know i know its just that I don't want us to be one of those teams that are ****** because we missed out on out franchise quarteback.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Combine that with the fact that there are only three worthy QBs in this class and that there will definitely be a demand for QBs.

Definitely looking at QBs: Buffalo, Arizona, Cincinnati, Minnesota
Possibly looking at QBs: Oakland, Jacksonville, San Fran, Oakland, KC, Carolina

It's not like we are 3-6 winning meaningless games. We are in the driver's seat for the division title. I don't know about you guys, but there is no way in hell I'd ever be rooting for losses unless we were CLEARLY out of playoff contention. This season is the exact opposite.

And we aren't a great team right now by any stretch. BUT, this is the NFL - it's a week-to-week league, and we are in a very weak conference. Anything truly can happen. We've been terrible the last few years, but this is a different team.

I don't know how as a fan of this team how you can't be excited for a potential postseason berth. No team in the NFC is elite and if/when we win the division we'll host a game, possibly against the ******* Bears or Bucs.

If you don't think ANY team in the 12-team playoff tournament can get hot and win it all then just look at the 2008 Cardinals, ,2007 Giants, and 2000 Giants.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Those 3 teams were far superior to this years incarnation of the Hawks. It really isn't even close. Arizona had an amazing offense that was supported by a mediocre defense all year, then their defense started playing well and they made their run.

2007 Giants were a defensive team who had an inexperienced QB who started making good decisions in the playoffs.

Don't remember much about the 2000 Giants.

But the similarity is that the weak part of the team started playing BETTER in the playoffs. The other half of the team was already in the good-great range.

Yes I want the Hawks to do well, but they are just going to get embarrassed if they make the playoffs this year. We have the 30th ranked offense and the 27th ranked defense.

We are not a playoff caliber team by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by summond822 : 11-17-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Those 3 teams were far superior to this years incarnation of the Hawks. It really isn't even close. Arizona had an amazing offense that was supported by a mediocre defense all year, then their defense started playing well and they made their run.

2007 Giants were a defensive team who had an inexperienced QB who started making good decisions in the playoffs.

Don't remember much about the 2000 Giants.

But the similarity is that the weak part of the team started playing BETTER in the playoffs. The other half of the team was already in the good-great range.

Yes I want the Hawks to do well, but they are just going to get embarrassed if they make the playoffs this year. We have the 30th ranked offense and the 27th ranked defense.

We are not a playoff caliber team by any stretch of the imagination.
I just totally disagree.

All of those teams improved at something down the stretch/during the playoffs. What's to say we can't improve at something, or multiple things, as well...?

With a healthy Mebane, our defense is good.

I hate when people act like there's some sort of destiny or pre-conceived script that follows based on how good you are at any given point.

It comes down to coaching and execution. Any team truly can win on any given week.

And our QB just played like the guy who went to the playoffs 5 times in 6 years...

We are 5-4. We beat a team that is 6-3 on the road and a team that will make the playoffs as a powerhouse in the AFC once they go on a run.

We are on the inside track to win the division. How on earth are we not a playoff caliber team? We are going to make the playoffs!!!!!!!! whether you pseudo-fans like it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A team that executes better can defeat a team with more talent. We can win ANY game! Not saying we are going to, but we CAN! That's what to root for!!!!!!! There is no doubt that we are executing a lot better under PC than in recent years!

Last edited by gpngc : 11-17-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

30th and 27th doesn't mean anything! We are 5-4. Everything is fluid. Plus all that says is yards. We played terribly in two games - I'm sure that had a huge influence on those rankings - and we were missing our most important offensive player in one and defensive player in both!

And you left out the fact that we are among the league leaders in sacks, ypc against, and special teams!!!!!!!!!

The Chargers at one point were #1 in O and D and they were like 2-5 or something...
Old 11-17-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Seriously this isnt a Superbowl team. If for some reason they get to and win a playoff game then at the end of the day they still have the same holes. I think they are going in the right direction but the need for a C/LB/OL and especially a new QB is still there.

The QB situation should be interesting. Matt and Charlie arent the answer so you either bring someone in buy trade or you go with a guy you draft. Guys like Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford......show that you can go with 1st and 2nd year players at that position. I'm a big Jake Locker fan and i think with an O-line with guys like Okung and Unger you have an offense that can have a balanced attack and work a young guy in with little downside from what they have right now. Put a gun to my head and i'd say Jake Locker takes the team to the Superbowl in 3 years before what we have now or could bring in via trade.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Seriously this isnt a Superbowl team. If for some reason they get to and win a playoff game then at the end of the day they still have the same holes. I think they are going in the right direction but the need for a C/LB/OL and especially a new QB is still there.

The QB situation should be interesting. Matt and Charlie arent the answer so you either bring someone in buy trade or you go with a guy you draft. Guys like Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford......show that you can go with 1st and 2nd year players at that position. I'm a big Jake Locker fan and i think with an O-line with guys like Okung and Unger you have an offense that can have a balanced attack and work a young guy in with little downside from what they have right now. Put a gun to my head and i'd say Jake Locker takes the team to the Superbowl in 3 years before what we have now or could bring in via trade.
This is what i was really trying to get at

Old 11-20-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys will get to see if your team has the caliber to do anything in the Playoffs this Sunday. In the Super Dome hostile environment, against a team that just won a Super Bowl. (albeit we've not played up that level yet this season but have shown flashes of being a dangerous team)

I'm potentially worried about this game simply because we're favored by quite a bit, and it seems in these games were we're heavily favored we end up flopping. Cleveland at Home, Arizona on the Road... and I think the Seahawks are better than both of those teams... So we'll see I expect it to be a pretty hard fought game.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^I'll be the only fan rooting against your Saints.

Everyone else just wants higher draft picks!

AAAAAAAAAARGH.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was fun watching our secondary get shredded...
Old 11-22-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
They seriously need a shutdown corner. Prince Amukamura would probably be the one they'd target if he were there. I'd take Jake personally but Prince would be a good backup plan.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Didn't see the game, but i hear our secondary was ass raped by drew brees. Anything special happen?

Old 11-23-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Hasselbeck played OK, as did the OL. Lynch fumbled twice like an idiot.

Losing BMW ******* sucks.

ET got manipulated by Brees (surprise), and we didn't make enough plays on D. They outclassed us pretty much.

It'll be interesting to see how we react to a completely different gameplan against a run-first offense with KC coming in.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

It was painful to watch. I was actually studying for 2 midterms so I wasn't able to catch all of it, but the parts I did see weren't pretty.

And don't blame it all on the secondary, Drew Brees is insanely good. He does this to the majority of the teams they play against...

Old 11-26-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Does anyone understand what's up with Mike Williams' foot? I'm heard everything from, "It could be serious" to "It's not as bad as we thought; he's day-to-day." The one consistent thing is that apparently it's an injury no one on the staff has actually seen before in person, so... I'm still in the dark about it myself.