Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read an article that said the opposite...don't expect to see him back.

Quote:
Yes, Jason Williams is practice squad eligible but he’s not returning to this team. And from the sound of things, there won’t be too many people inside or outside of the locker room that will be missing him.
nick eatman said this

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2009 class looks worse and worse as things go along. I still wish they kept Brewster and at least tried him at guard. I thought he'd fit better there than tackle, and he should have gotten a chance since he fits the smaller and quicker mold of lineman that we all want like Free.

I guess the magic will never happen here with J. Williams. It's so weird that it seemed like he and Lee were the future in the middle. Lee would adjust to the game and become a defensive leader while Williams would slowly "get it" and turn into a sideline to sideline terror. My how things have changed in just half of a season.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We still have Brewster, no one picked him up off of waivers. He's on our PS.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We still have Brewster, no one picked him up off of waivers. He's on our PS.
Yeah, but if he had a real future he wouldn't have been cut. He's just there now just in case the **** hits the fan worse than it already has already. It's clear that they already like Parnell better, and the only way Brewster is going to play is if a ton of people get hurt this season.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Has anyone though that...

We miss Patrick Crayton? He was the glue to our offense.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Has anyone though that...

We miss Patrick Crayton? He was the glue to our offense.
HELL NO!

We have no issues at WR or at PR. We're way better off without him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Ok lol chill.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat Crayton and our losing are not related in anyway. While I appreciated his consistency...he was a loud mouth, who could have been replaced at any time.

He's a solid player, but our receiving core is better without him this season and as far as "leadership" from him...mehhhhhh. He was a bit of a joke. He talked too much for his own good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-04-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

With Hatcher out again, it makes sense to see Lissemore get more playing time. Hooray for young players getting playing time! That's about the only good thing to watching the games now besides seeing Dez become a superstar.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Tashard Choice is a G. Getting playing time now, let's see what he does.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez has actually been a more reliable 3rd down target and more dynamic as a punt returner. Noone out there could say we miss Crayton unless you want to say Austin wouldn't have as many 3rd down targets so our conversion rate would be higher...but that is really grasping for straws. Dez has made that trade look very smart for us. We got a 6th round pick and gained production...thats NE esque

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Thule, what is your opinion on Dez? I always value your opinion.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Don't think there is a lot of debate when talking about Bryant at this point.

Scouting reports were pretty much dead on.

He is a game breaker. He should have the ball in his hands as much as possible. On the field he looks like a man amongst boys.

That said you can still see it on the field that he is having mental lapses....when Austin and Romo are showing him where to lineup and whatnot. Some beat writer said he looked more confident in his routes against Jax...i didn't watch the game so i have no opinion..but definitely doesn't seem that off base.

I like him as a more dynamic Hakeem Nicks next year...just because of the straight line speed...and I think they'll put up similar numbers and dez with his hands will be the go to guy on 3rd down.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Is roy back in your opinion?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

An off topic question, do you all think Witten is a surefire hall of famer?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I don't mean to keep posting lol but, reading all these articles and stuff from the players... they act like this team is still in contention lol... wake up and smell the patrick peterson coffee boys!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:31 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
An off topic question, do you all think Witten is a surefire hall of famer?
Surefire Ring of Honor guy, but not Hall of Famer. Tight end isn't one of those positions that gets much love from the Hall voters, so to get in someone would have to do something spectacular like Tony Gonzalez. He's got all time wide receiver numbers, so he'll get in for certain. Shannon Sharpe eventually will too, but he's not seen as a big snub yet until other guys go in.

Then you have to think about Witten vs. Antonio Gates. Both guys have similar numbers, but Gates is more flashy. While Witten may be more complete and better overall, Gates is seen as physical specimen that may get him more love after they retire.

He has a chance though, and I hope he makes it. I'm just not counting on it. Of the current team, Ware is probably most likely to go. If Romo puts together 4 more seasons like his average with a ring he may go as well.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Witten is 4th all time in catches as a tight end, and he is 28.

If he does it more another 5+ years, i don't see how he isn't in.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

There are a bunch of Cowboys that aren't in the Hall like they should. Harvey Martin would be in the top 10-20 all time list of sacks if they counted them during his day.

Drew Pearson still gets snubbed like crazy. There's no love for Cliff Harris either.

Then think about the 90s guys who will get snubbed. Larry Allen will go in somehow after other linemen that he was better and more versatile than. I love Pace and Ogden, but Larry was clearly the better player than both and has a ring just like they do. They'll probably snub other Cowboys linemen too. Nate and Erik Williams are worthy, but probably won't make it. :(

Woody is going to get snubbed, and I'll be very pissed. The defense of the 90s Cowboys is always criminally overlooked, and he's going to be a big casualty of that. Witten is going to have to battle through a lot just to make it. I hope he gets in, but he's got a lot stacked against him.

Last edited by E-Man : 11-05-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a bad feeling that we will beat Green Bay. :(
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I said that about jacksonville... so let's hope not. I just want some Dezzyyy and sean lee.

Probly a 35-24 loss.

Edit: what makes you think this d-unit?

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 11-05-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:53 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have a bad feeling that we will beat Green Bay. :(
Best chance is if they can get to Rogers, GB can't protect him this yr worth a crap either. If they don't it's another long day for Dallas. About time for some turnovers to come their way too, WRs can't let the bouncing ball come off their hands to defenders anymore...... I hope. GB has excellent receivers but a pisspoor OL.

Quote:
Then think about the 90s guys who will get snubbed. Larry Allen will go in somehow after other linemen that he was better and more versatile than. I love Pace and Ogden, but Larry was clearly the better player than both and has a ring just like they do.
TEs role has changed as so many OCs like to move them around in motion, H-back, split wide into multiple receiver sets, specialized blocking vs catching TEs, etc, so HoF voters have to ask Define TE for me.... the old days TE who stayed next to the OT the whole game are gone.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-06-2010 at 10:24 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I have a feeling it might be a game tonight.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You say that every week, brother.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-07-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Jason Williams would've stopped that scramble... lol.